Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 253975 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#172925 Apr 22, 2013
Speaking of fruitcakes, where did the Jamaican pervert go?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#172926 Apr 22, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: differences in idolatry, results in different relative moral standards. everyone has morals, even if they really are not G-D'S given for us.
and i would say, that everyone today. has the moral standard, of some kind of talking critter. it's kind of like, voting for someone G-D hates. and generally speaking, it is all of you talking critters, never here in TheStory of ThePhysical Creation. G-D went to all the trouble, to give thrice again to all you and yo mama of all.
I see the Jews kicked your ass out of The Torah.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#172927 Apr 22, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Depends who defines absurdity. BMZ posits the existence of ALLAH via faith and then focuses on the illogic of Shammas model. BMZ's Allah isnt absurd if you agree with the premise. BMZ's model is simple, one God. Shamma, OTOH, wraps his model up in convolutions and revolutions. BMZ has the cleaner approach.
Your point about their dance to the death is acknowledged.
Thank you.

I hope Stefano Colonna would not miss reading Shamma's response to your post tomorrow.

Good night from Singapore

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#172928 Apr 22, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well Stefano, it is still hypocritical. for any two idolators, to claim that their idolatry. is better than, any one elses idolatry. just two more fruitcakes, each one claiming to be of the only true fruitcake recipie. and they all involve fantacy thinking, that we are not still here in ThisStory of Creation again from G-D. they all have a common denominator, of not being here in TheStory from G-D again.
I, more or less agree with your point, and I consider both as the two faces of the same coin.

The weird part is that they are not aware of it.
bmz

Singapore

#172929 Apr 22, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Like setting off bombs in Boston for Allah.
I had just said Good Night.

Thought of you and you are there. lol!
bmz

Singapore

#172930 Apr 22, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
I, more or less agree with your point, and I consider both as the two faces of the same coin.
The weird part is that they are not aware of it.
Not the same coin. Theirs is a Greek coin. Made in Greece.
bmz

Singapore

#172931 Apr 22, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>I see the Jews kicked your ass out of The Torah.
And why did you discard the Torah and instead, imported a forged copy edited by Greeks, not Greece.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#172932 Apr 22, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it is not nonsense. There has to be one God or no God at all. You can't have two, three or four and if there were 3-4 Gods, they would be quarreling with each other.
Shamma does not offer any rebuttal or a proper answer to any of the posters here. He is always off-topic and dares not take questions, which he is supposed to answer.
When Islam or Qur'aan is challenged, I respond and explain. That is the difference.
The forum, where I have been permanently banned, is known as CARM Discussion Forum, where every Christian is almost like Shamma. Go and try it. Write against Christianity, the way you write here to us and see how many days can you last there.
But the existence of god shouldn't be based on number of gods one worships but rather on evidences. Without evidences better keep an agnostic approach, and carry out a decent life style, if necessary taking as example the teaching of the various wise man found all over the globe.

BTW according to what is written in the Torah, a book you dare not to criticize, exist many gods.

You are not familiar with the Trinity concept, so I have no idea why you think they are three gods, when its concept is tiny more complex than it.

What about the flaws on Quran posters gave you and you just decided to not answer? You can give whatever excuse you want, but at the end of the day we know why you kept silent. Don't blame Shamma, or blame him but also yourself.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#172933 Apr 22, 2013
,Al Qaeda is a front of international intel agencies. BMZ comes across as a crypto-Jew. He has no class, no intelligence, no ethics, no conscience and no money.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#172934 Apr 22, 2013
The pre-Islamic Arabs worshipped numerous Gods one of which was Allah (El), the ferocious Baal of Babylonian times. LOL.

Location hidden

#172935 Apr 22, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Shamma is the one trying to impose his fantasy belief system on others. It is a false equivalence to consider your side or my side as equal in motives.
However, Scholar does make a valid point. It is kind of fruitless to argue religion with a fruitcake.
What do you have to offer?
The Muslim Allah god of Israel?
The Boston bombers?
The Muslim Brother Hood?
Just what do you have to offer?
bmz

Singapore

#172936 Apr 22, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
But even I take the premise you made, which carry straw man argument because you cannot arrive to conclude by it that Allah isn't an absurd god, then I still don't see how faith plus his approach make pass Allah for a "valid god", if I can use that expression.

My claim of god being absurd is dervied after the main source that in that case was Quran. So yes ALSO bmz's god is absurd. He said a man cannot be god, so god is not anthropomorphic, but at the same time he believes in an anthropopatic god. Though the difference is little one cannot reject an anthropomorphic god (Yeshua) and accept without problem the existence of an anthropopatic god (Allah).

It's not the oneness of god that make the idea of god clearer or valid.

His approach is rude and fruitless when it comes to arrive to make points. I due to suggest to him to prove the fallacy of Christian doctrine by pointing out their proof, found in the Gospels, against Christians themselves, rather than making affermations backed up by nothing but his words.

Not to speak of his approach with Hadiths where he rejects them labeling to as tales when is more convenient but endorse them when he wants. Is also this approach clear?
Shamma and bmz are on the same level.
How can you say that I believe in an anthropopathic God? That was absurd!

And how could you accept that Yeshua was an anthropomorphic God?

God Almighty is neither anthropopathic nor anthropomorphic.

These terms were coined by philosophers in the 16th Century for various pagan deities.

" The conception of these deities was anthropopathic, in their motives and passions they were more powerful and more perfect men, they had a human body and a human countenance, human thoughts and feelings, they resided in the clouds or on a high mountain; they dwelt in a heavenly palace.”

I only see you and Joel using those words foolishly in discussions.

My approach is right for folks like your good self and Shamma. You make rude and vain statements and expect me to be courteous to you?

You know nothing about Hadith and neither Qur'aan. Hadith is not our Scripture, Qur'aan is.

Hadith is classified in the following manner:

1. Correct or true

2. Wrong and not true

3. Not reliable

4. Authentic

5. Weak or defective

And so on.

So, I reject those, which have been classified by the scholars of Islam as not reliable, untrustworthy, weak, defective, etc.

The New Testament is exactly like Hadith but in the New Testament, right, wrong, weak, defective and untrustworthy accounts are all considered true. That is why I consider the gospels as mothers of all grand confusions.
bmz

Singapore

#172937 Apr 22, 2013
JOEL wrote:
,Al Qaeda is a front of international intel agencies. BMZ comes across as a crypto-Jew. He has no class, no intelligence, no ethics, no conscience and no money.
lol! Upstart!
bmz

Singapore

#172938 Apr 22, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>What do you have to offer?
The Muslim Allah god of Israel?
The Boston bombers?
The Muslim Brother Hood?
Just what do you have to offer?
Oh, you did it. I hope Stefano does read your response.

Good night, Drone!

Location hidden

#172939 Apr 22, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
But I dont see BMZ spamming anybody. I see him reacting to the nonsense. Whether that is a worthwhile endeavor is arguable, I agree. But there is a world of difference in motive.
My motive is to point out that taking the right of freedom away, raping, robbing, censor ship and killing innocent people for an false god and a false prophet is evil, and that unjustly killing anyone is evil.

Every one has a right to worship or not to worship God, but no one has the right to use God or any group of people as a wedge for oppressing the human rights of others.
JOEL

India

#172940 Apr 22, 2013
If Allah is neither anthropathic nor anthropomorphic then why does the demonic Baal El (Allah) have 99 human-like attributes and how is it that he is said to sit on a throne in an extra-cosmic heaven?

So, if this demon, Allah, is neither anthropopathic nor anthromorphic then is it a fictitious creationist being? LOL.
JOEL

India

#172941 Apr 22, 2013
Moses, Muhammad and Mao are 3 of the most vicious fruitcakes in the annals of history. They were incarnated demons.

Location hidden

#172942 Apr 22, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, you did it. I hope Stefano does read your response.
Good night, Drone!
Frijolie offers nothing but dissent against the human rights of others.
Frijolie and you BMZ uses social justice in a backward sense to create social injustice.

The moral values of Islam is tainted with blood from the unjust murdering of innocent people.
Good night idiot.

Location hidden

#172943 Apr 22, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Like setting off bombs in Boston for Allah.
Are you accusing BMZ of terrorism?

Location hidden

#172944 Apr 22, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
But even I take the premise you made, which carry straw man argument because you cannot arrive to conclude by it that Allah isn't an absurd god, then I still don't see how faith plus his approach make pass Allah for a "valid god", if I can use that expression.
My claim of god being absurd is dervied after the main source that in that case was Quran. So yes ALSO bmz's god is absurd. He said a man cannot be god, so god is not anthropomorphic, but at the same time he believes in an anthropopatic god. Though the difference is little one cannot reject an anthropomorphic god (Yeshua) and accept without problem the existence of an anthropopatic god (Allah).
It's not the oneness of god that make the idea of god clearer or valid.
His approach is rude and fruitless when it comes to arrive to make points. I due to suggest to him to prove the fallacy of Christian doctrine by pointing out their proof, found in the Gospels, against Christians themselves, rather than making affermations backed up by nothing but his words.
Not to speak of his approach with Hadiths where he rejects them labeling to as tales when is more convenient but endorse them when he wants. Is also this approach clear?
Shamma and bmz are on the same level.
Again - you are confusing your arguments.

If you want to argue from the perspective of atheism - yes, all religion is absurd

But if you want to examine the internal logic - religion is based on faith. That is not absurd, that is a premise.

BMZ is monotheistic - by internal logic that makes more sense than arguing that ones polytheistic religion (Christianity) is monotheistic. The internal logic of the latter position is absurd.

Re" Hadiths - my understanding is that he holds them in the same status as us Jews hold the midrash. He is free to choose his premises, and I as a Jew, I dont see anything extraordinary about his position.

Re" rudeness - you yourself recently commented that there was nothing wrong with rudeness.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Remembering a Christian and a Jew who traced an... 2 hr South Knox Hombre 13
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 2 hr Eagle 12 4,823
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) 4 hr Eagle 12 802
Anyone still at this forum Aug 23 Sarah Good 1
When do you know if you are truly Wiccan? (Nov '07) Aug 11 Tekmoses 137
Convert me from Agnostic to Atheist Jul '16 ATHEOI 2
Astrology and Paganism Jun '16 Wolf 1
More from around the web