Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 215,120

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Read more

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#172787 Apr 21, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: follow, the money trail. they obviously had money to burn, to have such a large cash of weapons. they had to get, the money from somewhere.
That is an interesting question. I suppose you need a sugar daddy to buy you all of those Pressure Cookers at Costco.

At least one of them had a job. Any moron with a job can afford a gun.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#172788 Apr 21, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus does not practice a religion.
Jesus the the foundation of which Christianity's relationship with God is founded upon.
Christianity is not a religion.
It is an on going relationship with God.
rabbee: well as it is supposed to be, is to be religiously true to G-D. which is what, the san hedreen was not doing. or about the same thing, as your govenment in washington san hedreen today.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#172789 Apr 21, 2013
Every Dollar US is giving to Islamic kingdom of Pakistan is going to prove a nail in
USA coffin. I hope you don't believe me.
Golda Meir

Hurricane, WV

#172790 Apr 21, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Scroll - back - under "the point is...."
I am not saying my way is pure, I am saying those living in glass houses shouldnt throw stones...
Do you want purity in your religion? This is from James 1:27, "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." (NIV)

Looking after orphans and widows seems clear cut enough -don't let them die in the streets- but what is keeping oneself from being polluted by "the world?" Does it mean NOT reading Lady Chatterley's Lover, for instance? What might that mean to you?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#172791 Apr 21, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats funny, because the Boston Police pretty much absolved organized Muslim terrorism as the motive behind the attacks
"Boston Officials Say Tsarnaev Brothers Planned Additional Attacks, but Likely Acted Alone"
http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2013/0...
----------
SHAMMA - whats it like being a bigot?
Do you understand what the police are saying?
The Police are saying those Muslims are motivated to commit Murder by the teaching of the Quran rather than being motivated by some out side source.
In other words the are not connected to any other organization but merely being Muslim is their motivation to kill for the sake of Muhammad and their god Allah.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#172792 Apr 21, 2013
way too many acting alone, islamic terrorist. to not at least suspect, that islam itself is a teacher of conspiracy.
Golda Meir

Hurricane, WV

#172793 Apr 21, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism
Wiki has a long discussion about the definition of terrorism, that there is no international legal consensus due to the fact of its emotional connotations
However, it does cite this
Hoffman believes it is possible to identify some key characteristics of terrorism. He proposes that:
By distinguishing terrorists from other types of criminals and terrorism from other forms of crime, we come to appreciate that terrorism is :
1) ineluctably political in aims and motives
2) violent – or, equally important, threatens violence
3) designed to have far-reaching psychological repercussions beyond the immediate victim or target
4) conducted by an organization with an identifiable chain of command or conspiratorial cell structure (whose members wear no uniform or identifying insignia) and
5) perpetrated by a subnational group or non-state entity.[25]
Hey, if President Obama called it "an act of terror," then that's good enough for me!

See: http://swampland.time.com/2013/04/16/presiden...

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#172794 Apr 21, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
So is Judaism and Islam you moron
you really think your religion has the monopoly on relationships?
Since you put it that way, yes, Jews and Muslims are morons for rejecting the teachings of God.
God hears every ones prayers, yet many that pray to God don't listen to God speaking to them.
Their relation with God is a one way relationship that demands of God without them giving to God what God requires of them to do in return.

To get to God you must go through Jesus and accept Him into your heart because God can't be in the presence of sin and since everyone has sinned Jesus is the only way to forgive those sins and to get to God and living forever!

John 14:6, 7 - Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him."

This doctrine is prominent throughout the New Testament. In his first epistle, the Apostle John summarizes why one can come to God only through Christ:

1 John 2:1, 2 - My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world.

God hears all prayer, but God also ask of every one to accept His Son Jesus Christ as their Savior.

Location hidden

#172796 Apr 21, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Do you understand what the police are saying?
The Police are saying those Muslims are motivated to commit Murder by the teaching of the Quran rather than being motivated by some out side source.
In other words the are not connected to any other organization but merely being Muslim is their motivation to kill for the sake of Muhammad and their god Allah.
The police said no such thing.

Location hidden

#172797 Apr 21, 2013
Golda Meir wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, if President Obama called it "an act of terror," then that's good enough for me!
See: http://swampland.time.com/2013/04/16/presiden...
I never shied away from the label, just wanted to put its use into perspective.

This from ABCnews

http://abcnews.go.com/US/boston-bomb-suspect-...

"...One of the Boston bombing suspects set off alarm bells among his family a year ago during a trip here to visit relatives, ABC News has learned.

According to a family member, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, a devout Muslim, was kicked out of his uncle's house because of his increasingly extremist views on religion.

Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, and his brother Dzhokhar, 19, are believed to have placed bombs at the Boston Marathon, killing three and wounding 170. Tamerlan was killed in a shootout with police early Friday and Dzhokhar was badly wounded and captured by police Friday night.

Tamerlan Tsarnaev spent roughly six months in Russia in 2012, but the relative, who insisted on anonymity to avoid offending other family members, insisted the young man had been radicalized in the United States before his trip..."

Location hidden

#172798 Apr 21, 2013
Golda Meir wrote:
<quoted text>Do you want purity in your religion? This is from James 1:27, "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." (NIV)
Looking after orphans and widows seems clear cut enough -don't let them die in the streets- but what is keeping oneself from being polluted by "the world?" Does it mean NOT reading Lady Chatterley's Lover, for instance? What might that mean to you?
Thats wasnt what I meant. Religion is what man does with the question of how to organize their relationship with G-d. Purity is a question of Mans behavior, in relationship to an arbitrary benchmark created by Man.

Location hidden

#172799 Apr 21, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Since you put it that way, yes, Jews and Muslims are morons for rejecting the teachings of God.
God hears every ones prayers, yet many that pray to God don't listen to God speaking to them.
Their relation with God is a one way relationship that demands of God without them giving to God what God requires of them to do in return.
To get to God you must go through Jesus and accept Him into your heart because God can't be in the presence of sin and since everyone has sinned Jesus is the only way to forgive those sins and to get to God and living forever!
John 14:6, 7 - Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him."
This doctrine is prominent throughout the New Testament. In his first epistle, the Apostle John summarizes why one can come to God only through Christ:
1 John 2:1, 2 - My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world.
God hears all prayer, but God also ask of every one to accept His Son Jesus Christ as their Savior.
thanks for the babble

now go away
The Mother of God

Hurricane, WV

#172800 Apr 21, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats wasnt what I meant. Religion is what man does with the question of how to organize their relationship with G-d. Purity is a question of Mans behavior, in relationship to an arbitrary benchmark created by Man.
Wow, the Ten Commandments represent an arbitrary benchmark created by Man, while purity is how we behave in response to these arbitrary Man made rules and regs, and this constitutes a relationship with G-d?
Surely this ISN'T what you meant...
Tamerlane

Hurricane, WV

#172801 Apr 21, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I never shied away from the label, just wanted to put its use into perspective.
This from ABCnews
http://abcnews.go.com/US/boston-bomb-suspect-...
"...One of the Boston bombing suspects set off alarm bells among his family a year ago during a trip here to visit relatives, ABC News has learned.
According to a family member, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, a devout Muslim, was kicked out of his uncle's house because of his increasingly extremist views on religion.
Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, and his brother Dzhokhar, 19, are believed to have placed bombs at the Boston Marathon, killing three and wounding 170. Tamerlan was killed in a shootout with police early Friday and Dzhokhar was badly wounded and captured by police Friday night.
Tamerlan Tsarnaev spent roughly six months in Russia in 2012, but the relative, who insisted on anonymity to avoid offending other family members, insisted the young man had been radicalized in the United States before his trip..."
I wonder if the uncle would have been welcome in Mohammad's company...
The Father of God

London, UK

#172802 Apr 21, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats wasnt what I meant. Religion is what man does with the question of how to organize their relationship with G-d.
Reading your holy book, it looked like that religion is how your G-d organized the relationship with Abraham and his seed... you know the promises and all the laws he gave to you guys, rather than how man does it.
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>Purity is a question of Mans behavior, in relationship to an arbitrary benchmark created by Man.
Reading your holy book purity does come from your G-d, and its not an arbitrary benchmark created by man. But this WASNT what you meant
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#172803 Apr 21, 2013
Prologue: Please pay attention, the Gospel's End is coming and these last chapters are very important-MUQ

Excerpts from the Gospel of Barnabas, Part-92

Chapter 201 Women caught in the act

Jesus having entered into the Temple, the scribes and Pharisees brought to him a woman taken in adultery. They said among themselves:'If he save her, it is contrary to the Law of Moses, and so we have him as guilty, and if he condemn her it is contrary to his own doctrine, for he preaches mercy.' Wherefore they came to Jesus and said:'Master, we have found this woman in adultery. Moses commanded that [such] should be stoned: what then say you?'

Thereupon Jesus stooped down and with his finger made a mirror on the ground wherein every one saw his own iniquities. They still pressed for the answer, Jesus lifted up himself As and, pointing to the mirror with his finger, said:'He that is without sin among you, let him be first to stone her.' And again he stooped down, shaping the mirror. The men, seeing this, went out one by one, beginning from the eldest, for they were ashamed to see their abominations.…

Note: This incident is found in John’s Gospel. Is it not strange that they caught the woman in the act, but where was the man?!!- MUQ

Chapter 202 Jesus’ last preaching
'Tell me, by whom is the physician more loved: by them that have never had any sickness, or by them whom the physician has healed of grievous sickness?' Said the Pharisees to him:'And how shall he that is whole love the physician? assuredly he will love him only for that he is not sick; and not having knowledge of sickness he will love the physician but little.'

Then with vehemence of spirit Jesus spoke, saying:'As God lives, your own tongues condemn your pride, inasmuch as our God is loved more by the sinner that repents, knowing the great mercy of God upon him, than by the righteous. For the righteous has not knowledge of the mercy of God. Wherefore there is more rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repents than over ninety and nine righteous persons. Where are the righteous in our time? As God lives, in whose presence my soul stands, great is the number of the righteous unrighteous; their condition being like to that of Satan.'

The scribes and Pharisees answered:'We are sinners, wherefore God will have mercy on us.' And this they said tempting him; for the scribes and Pharisees count it the greatest insult to be called sinners. Then Jesus said:'I fear that you be righteous unrighteous. For if you have sinned and deny your sin, calling yourselves righteous, you are unrighteous; and if in your heart you hold yourselves righteous, and with your tongue you say that you are sinners, then are you doubly righteous unrighteous.'

..Jesus weeping answered:'O Jerusalem, O Israel, I weep over you, for you know not your visitation; because I would fain have gathered you to the love of God your creator, as a hen gathers her chickens under her wings, and you would not! Wherefore God says thus to you

Note: Some part of this is to be found in other Gospels also- MUQ

(Abridged)

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#172804 Apr 21, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>First of all Muslims do not worship the God of Israel.
So you are fictionalizing the real Jesus to suit your evil pagan god Allah.
You are trying to demonize me for pointing out the truth about the religion of Islam.
God gave Moses the Law of the 10 sayings in the OT, not your pagan god Allah.
And under the Law God established the Levitical priest hood and animal sacrifice for atonement of sin so that man could experience the forgiveness of sin, and God having a continued communication with his people on earth.
Muslims borrowed the prophets from the OT, but rejected the teaching of the prophets in the OT that God sent to the Israelites.
So the god and Jesus in the Quran is fiction.
Muslims demonize the real God of Israel in order to justify their worship of the jinn devil god Muhammad worshiped as a child.
In order to protect the Muslims worship of their fiction god, Muhammad declared Jihad against those that reject Muhammad and the jinn devil god of Muhammad's child hood.
So Murder of infidels is justified under Muhammad's laws of protecting the religion Muhammad that he founded himself.
The silent majority of international readers do not like posters, who give off-topic responses.

I had written this, so please comment on this:

You know you are worse than the men, who penned the books and letters of the New Testament.
Your incoherence and off-topic responses matches those writers.

I had actually written this:

"It is a lie against Jesus and is also a great blasphemy against God, the true LORD Almighty.

Could you please tell us the names of those ignorant fools, who made that junk statement?

It would have been different if the Son of Mary had said that himself. And in that case, we would have declared your Jesus a lunatic person."

So, why can't you tell us the name or the names of the bloody fool or the bloody fools, who first made the statement that Jesus is God?

Surely there must have been some ignorant fools, who said that. Tell us! name those clowns, please.

As far as we are concerned, Jesus never made silly and absurd jokes such as, "I am the son of God', "I am God in flesh" or "I am God" or "I am the Father in heaven". Jesus never unloaded any of the mentioned Horse Shit.

bmz

Singapore

#172805 Apr 21, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>First of all Muslims do not worship the God of Israel.
So you are fictionalizing the real Jesus to suit your evil pagan god Allah.
You are trying to demonize me for pointing out the truth about the religion of Islam.
God gave Moses the Law of the 10 sayings in the OT, not your pagan god Allah.
And under the Law God established the Levitical priest hood and animal sacrifice for atonement of sin so that man could experience the forgiveness of sin, and God having a continued communication with his people on earth.
Muslims borrowed the prophets from the OT, but rejected the teaching of the prophets in the OT that God sent to the Israelites.
So the god and Jesus in the Quran is fiction.
Muslims demonize the real God of Israel in order to justify their worship of the jinn devil god Muhammad worshiped as a child.
In order to protect the Muslims worship of their fiction god, Muhammad declared Jihad against those that reject Muhammad and the jinn devil god of Muhammad's child hood.
So Murder of infidels is justified under Muhammad's laws of protecting the religion Muhammad that he founded himself.
Now, a reply to your off-topic post.

Muslims worship and pray only to the LORD God Almighty of Abraham, Israel, Moses and Jesus. And this is what Qur'aan and Muhammad taught.

I despise the term OT. I find that term disgusting. You know very well that OT was copied from translations of Tanakh. OT is full of forgeries, distortion and fraud.

That God, who gave Moses the Laws, is our God. However, that God is not your God. Yours is a fictional character that does not exist.

Any Muslim, who commits a pre-meditated murder will go to hell, fool!

The Jesus you have is a Greek Version, not the real son of Mary.

Look at the Jews! They believe in one God. Then look at the Muslims! They believe in one God.

Now look at yourself! You believe in a monstrosity, which you call the triune God and mind you, the name Trinity already shows three Gods in one Godhead. So, you cannot say that there is one God.

Abraham never spoke of a Trinity Horse Shit and neither did Moses nor Jesus. So, where did the Horse shit Trinity come from?

bmz

Singapore

#172806 Apr 21, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>David Wood of ‘Answering Muslims’ explains why Islam had EVERYTHING to do with the Boston Marathon Muslim terrorist attacks
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
This video explains why Muslims attack non-Muslims in the world.
David Wood is an idiot and an ignorant fool like you.

bmz

Singapore

#172807 Apr 21, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats funny, because the Boston Police pretty much absolved organized Muslim terrorism as the motive behind the attacks
"Boston Officials Say Tsarnaev Brothers Planned Additional Attacks, but Likely Acted Alone"
http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2013/0...
----------
SHAMMA - whats it like being a bigot?
Great question! One can never get an honest answer from a Bigot.

Thanks for asking a very good question.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 5 hr DebraE 14,498
Great News for Pagans (Feb '07) Mar 20 Gary Coaldigger 278
News In far-flung US territories, gay marriage hasn'... Mar 15 Belle Sexton 2
News Ex-Lawmaker Sued for Religious Discrimination (Jan '11) Feb '15 Hammer 4
News 'Monotheism inevitable but wasn't a break with ... Feb '15 Joe W 9
News A new guard for Asgard: Iceland building first ... Feb '15 freethinkradio do... 1
News Pastors agree: Being gay not a sin, Bible says ... (Jun '08) Jan '15 true fact 81
More from around the web