Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 255956 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#172454 Apr 18, 2013
Shamma wrote:
God the Father.

Bible Verses that say

“Jesus is God”

Some people claim to believe that Jesus was a “good prophet”, but they deny that Jesus is God. If that is you, I would like to encourage you to consider some of these Bible verses:
----------

John 1:1 - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God...
This is a 15th Century forgery. I have already busted it. Wycliffe did the first translation in English in the later part of the 14th Century and here is Joh 1:1 by Wycliffe:

"CAP 1

1 In the bigynnyng was the word, and the word was at God, and God was the word."

And now how your lying Bible 711s have twisted the translation by Wycliffe. See the twist within brackets:

"John 1 Wycliffe Bible (WYC)

1 In the beginning was the word, and the word was at God, and God was the word.

[In the beginning was the word, that is, God's Son, and the word was at God, and God was the word.] "

Lies upon lies and nothing but lies.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#172455 Apr 18, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I deny that because it is not the truth. Will be commenting on all misquoted verses, one by one!
You worship another God.
You don't worship the God of Israel.
You bull-shit.
The law is given through the priest hood.
It is through the priest hood that sin is forgiven.
You know nothing about the God of Israel.
Your a dumb ass Muslim that wants to tell God how to be God.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#172456 Apr 18, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, what makes you think I care what Jehova Witnesses think?
I didn't put it that way that you cared.
I flatly said the Jews are like the JW, and Muslims.
The Jews are no longer a priestly nation.
Leviticus:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Leviticu...

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#172457 Apr 18, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a 15th Century forgery. I have already busted it. Wycliffe did the first translation in English in the later part of the 14th Century and here is Joh 1:1 by Wycliffe:
"CAP 1
1 In the bigynnyng was the word, and the word was at God, and God was the word."
And now how your lying Bible 711s have twisted the translation by Wycliffe. See the twist within brackets:
"John 1 Wycliffe Bible (WYC)
1 In the beginning was the word, and the word was at God, and God was the word.
[In the beginning was the word, that is, God's Son, and the word was at God, and God was the word.] "
Lies upon lies and nothing but lies.
You are a dumb ass Muslims.
You need t study Leviticus and understand why God set up the priesthood.
God is Impeccable.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Leviticu...

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#172458 Apr 18, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Let us do this one now.
When the LORD said, "and understand that I am He", the LORD did not mean it was the servant, who was the He in the verse.
"I am He" means I am the one, who is the LORD. And the last sentence is a killer of your false God.
"I, am the Lord, and besides Me there is no Savior."
So, the servant or Jesus is not God and no Savior!
The Church is notoriously famous for such ridiculous forgeries. Chew on this.
You don't know your ass from a hole in the ground.
You worship some unknown god called Allah.
In order to understand the Gospels you need to understand the OT and the priest Hood.
And you are completely ignorant of Gods teaching in the OT.
Muslims are a disgrace to God,
Learn about the priest hood.
Leviticus:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Leviticu...

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#172459 Apr 18, 2013
The Book of Leviticus (from Greek &#923;&#949;&#965; &#953;&#964;&#953; &#954;&#972;&#962; , Leuitikos, meaning "relating to the Levites"; Hebrew: &#1493;&#1497;&#15 11;&#1512;&#1488;& #8206;, Vayikra, "And He called") is the third book of the Hebrew Bible, and the third of five books of the Torah (or Pentateuch). The English name is from the Latin Leviticus, taken in turn from Greek and a reference to the Levites, the tribe from whom the priests were drawn. In addition to instructions for those priests, it also addresses the role and duties of the laity.[1]

Leviticus rests in two crucial beliefs: the first, that the world was created "very good" and retains the capacity to achieve that state although it is vulnerable to sin and defilement; the second, that the faithful enactment of ritual makes God's presence available, while ignoring or breaching it compromises the harmony between God and the world.[2]

The traditional view is that Leviticus was compiled by Moses, or that the material in it goes back to his time, but internal clues suggest that it originated in post-exilic (i.e., after c.538 BC) Jewish worship centred on reading or preaching.[3][4] Scholars are practically unanimous that the book had a long period of growth, that it includes some material of considerable antiquity, and that it reached its present form in the Persian period (538–332 BC).[5]

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#172460 Apr 18, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't put it that way that you cared.
I flatly said the Jews are like the JW, and Muslims.
Then why would you bother to state something TO ME that has no meaning to me?

Why not just mumble it in the privacy of your own abode?

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#172461 Apr 18, 2013
What I am getting at, THINK/SKEPTIC/SHAMMA, is at the motivations behind your postings.

Obviously noone here really cares what you think.

But yet you continue on incessantly.

Is it so that you can see yourself in print?(frustrated narcissist?)

Or do you REALLY think you get cosmic brownie points for your rants?(theological brown-noser?)

Or do you need to indulge your ego into thinking that your spoofs have any intellectual merit and that they may sway someoneone?(insecure philosophist?)

Or is it merely some type of biological pathology?(Glutton for punishment, or perhaps you are one of Darwin's losers, or just a garden variety mental disease?)

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#172462 Apr 18, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why would you bother to state something TO ME that has no meaning to me?
Why not just mumble it in the privacy of your own abode?
It was your comment to me on:
Isaiah 43:10,11 -“You are My witnesses,” says the Lord,“And My servant whom I have chosen, That you may know and believe Me, and understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, Nor shall there be after Me. I, even I, am the Lord, and besides Me there is no Savior.”
Your comment on Isaiah 43:10,11 inspired me to make that comment.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#172463 Apr 18, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You are a dumb ass Muslims.

You need t study Leviticus and understand why God set up the priesthood.

God is Impeccable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Leviticu...
When did I discuss the priesthood?

Jesus never conducted a prayer in the Temple and neither did he conduct a mass.

Jesus was no priest. God never set up priesthood, popehood and other religious hoods.

It is amazing to see how comfortable are you with the lies of the Church.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#172464 Apr 18, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
What I am getting at, THINK/SKEPTIC/SHAMMA, is at the motivations behind your postings.
Obviously noone here really cares what you think.
But yet you continue on incessantly.
Is it so that you can see yourself in print?(frustrated narcissist?)
Or do you REALLY think you get cosmic brownie points for your rants?(theological brown-noser?)
Or do you need to indulge your ego into thinking that your spoofs have any intellectual merit and that they may sway someoneone?(insecure philosophist?)
Or is it merely some type of biological pathology?(Glutton for punishment, or perhaps you are one of Darwin's losers, or just a garden variety mental disease?)
Ah, but you do care what I post.
Your comment on:
Isaiah 43:10,11 -“You are My witnesses,” says the Lord,“And My servant whom I have chosen, That you may know and believe Me, and understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, Nor shall there be after Me. I, even I, am the Lord, and besides Me there is no Savior.”
Your comment brought on my posting in response to your comment.
And BMZ care's about what I post in my return response to his comments.
He may not like what I post, but he responds to them.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#172465 Apr 18, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>It was your comment to me on:
Isaiah 43:10,11 -“You are My witnesses,” says the Lord,“And My servant whom I have chosen, That you may know and believe Me, and understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, Nor shall there be after Me. I, even I, am the Lord, and besides Me there is no Savior.”
Your comment on Isaiah 43:10,11 inspired me to make that comment.
So you live in a private universe of codewords. Tell me something else that is new.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#172466 Apr 18, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You don't know your ass from a hole in the ground.
You worship some unknown god called Allah.
In order to understand the Gospels you need to understand the OT and the priest Hood.
And you are completely ignorant of Gods teaching in the OT.
Muslims are a disgrace to God,
Learn about the priest hood.
Leviticus:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Leviticu...
I wrote this and you went off topic:

Let us do this one now.

When the LORD said, "and understand that I am He", the LORD did not mean it was the servant, who was the He in the verse.

"I am He" means I am the one, who is the LORD.

And the last sentence is a killer of your false God.

"I, am the Lord, and besides Me there is no Savior."

So, the servant or Jesus is not God and no Savior!

The Church is notoriously famous for such ridiculous forgeries. Chew on this.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#172467 Apr 18, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
When did I discuss the priesthood?
Jesus never conducted a prayer in the Temple and neither did he conduct a mass.
Jesus was no priest. God never set up priesthood, popehood and other religious hoods.
It is amazing to see how comfortable are you with the lies of the Church.
You are caught with your ignorance of the God of the OT in not knowing about the priest hood in Leviticus
Again your are playing God in telling God He should not have a priest hood.
You expose your rejection of God in favor of your false prophet Muhammad.
The priest hood is Gods way of communicating with His people on Earth

“Piss the Queen off Our coins!”

Since: Nov 11

Adelaide

#172468 Apr 18, 2013
Allah is nothing.. a figment of your imagination. Prophet Mophead was a homosexual control freak nutter

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#172469 Apr 18, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I wrote this and you went off topic:
Let us do this one now.
When the LORD said, "and understand that I am He", the LORD did not mean it was the servant, who was the He in the verse.
"I am He" means I am the one, who is the LORD.
And the last sentence is a killer of your false God.
"I, am the Lord, and besides Me there is no Savior."
So, the servant or Jesus is not God and no Savior!
The Church is notoriously famous for such ridiculous forgeries. Chew on this.
I exposed you as an ignorant fool, and you are to much of an idiot to understand it.
In order to understand Jesus in the NT, you need to understand Gods priest hood.
You are trying to cover up Gods truth by calling the Gospels in the NT as forgery.
On top of it you are playing God, by telling God how to be God.
The truth is, Muhammad's religion of Islam cannot save anyone from the fires of hell.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#172470 Apr 18, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, but you do care what I post.
Your comment on:
Isaiah 43:10,11 -“You are My witnesses,” says the Lord,“And My servant whom I have chosen, That you may know and believe Me, and understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, Nor shall there be after Me. I, even I, am the Lord, and besides Me there is no Savior.”
Your comment brought on my posting in response to your comment.
And BMZ care's about what I post in my return response to his comments.
He may not like what I post, but he responds to them.
You are conflating the issue of what I respond to with the issue of what content is meaningful to me

I could give a rats ask about that content, however because you are needlessly haughty in attitude, it invites a response

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#172471 Apr 18, 2013
Rob in Adelaide wrote:
Allah is nothing.. a figment of your imagination. Prophet Mophead was a homosexual control freak nutter
what holidays?

“Piss the Queen off Our coins!”

Since: Nov 11

Adelaide

#172472 Apr 18, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
what holidays?
ive been too lazy to change it.. the holidays that were 5 months ago...
Eric

La Grange Park, IL

#172473 Apr 18, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>It was your comment to me on:
Isaiah 43:10,11 -“You are My witnesses,” says the L-rd,“And My servant whom I have chosen, That you may know and believe Me, and understand that I am He. Before Me there was no G-d formed, Nor shall there be after Me. I, even I, am the L-rd, and besides Me there is no Savior.”
Your comment on Isaiah 43:10,11 inspired me to make that comment.
One of my favorite passages:

"besides Me there is no Savior.”

Get it? G-d alone is the savior. No priests needed. No Messiah needed. Just G-d. We have a direct relationship.

And Israel is the beneficiary:

“You are My witnesses,” says the L-rd,“And My servant whom I have chosen,"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Sat Eagle 12 4,907
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) Nov 25 Jillifitz 115
News Paganism no better than Atheism (May '10) Nov 17 Amused 30
News Why All Jews Should Hate Halloween - And So Sho... Oct '16 Hecate 1
Beauty spell worked last year but not anymore Oct '16 Prettyicy 1
Wiccan Coven Secrets Anyone? Oct '16 Julius the Jules 1
Need info Oct '16 Fraidy Cat 2
More from around the web