Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 253944 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#171799 Apr 13, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont back track. Thats not what you meant. You embellished the quote.
You are just a dumb person that can't stand your own ignorance.

You reject Jesus Christ as the Son of God.
Your argument is based on your ignorance of who Jesus Christ is.
LMAO!

You run around like a dog trying to catch his own tail.

Location hidden

#171800 Apr 13, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Link?
You keep showing that you are a stupid dumb person.
The Greece language of the people of Greece is derived from their
ethnic heritage.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Languages_of_Gre...
Mohammad

Hurricane, WV

#171801 Apr 13, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not God.
So stop talking like one.
You ARE God!

I would know!
Eric

La Grange Park, IL

#171802 Apr 13, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus the Son of God is the one speaking you idiot.
You confuse your self simply because you do not recognize Jesus as the Son of God.
I quoted Jesus the Son of God.
you are going crazy trying to figure out what I said because you don't recognize Jesus as the Son of God.
You said you did not see the Son of God in that quotation, yet it is the Son of God doing the Saying.
You are denying that Jesus is the Son of God.
That is why you said you did not see Jesus the Son of God.
Any thing Jesus said in the NT, He said as the Son of God.
For Jesus is recognized by Christians as the Son of God.
Wow, are you schizo or what? First you agree that you embellished the quotation. Now you post the above drek.

Location hidden

#171803 Apr 13, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, are you schizo or what? First you agree that you embellished the quotation. Now you post the above drek.
And you ignorant fool did not see Jesus as the Son of God even in the embellishment.
LMAO!
Keep it up Eric this is fun showing you are a stupid idiot.
Eric

La Grange Park, IL

#171804 Apr 13, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>And you ignorant fool did not see Jesus as the Son of G-d even in the embellishment.
LMAO!
Keep it up Eric this is fun showing you are a stupid idiot.
You are just jealous that all Jewish men are sons of G-d. You being a Christian do not enjoy that designation.

Location hidden

#171805 Apr 13, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
You are just jealous that all Jewish men are sons of G-d. You being a Christian do not enjoy that designation.
Jealous of what Eric?
John 1:12
English Standard Version (ESV)
12 But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God,

Christians are children of God Eric.
The Holy Spirit of God dwells in the heart and mind of Christians.

We received Gods Holy Spirit at our baptism.
John 3:5 &#9658;
New International Version (©2011)
Jesus answered, "Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit.

Christians don't need to be circumcised.
We have Gods Holy Spirit.
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#171806 Apr 13, 2013
Excerpts from the Gospel of Barnabas, Part-86

Chapter 189 on the corruption of Scripture

Then Jesus said: "This is true, because I am assured of it by God. Therefore, that every one may know that this is the truth, in the name of God let the sun stand still, and not move for twelve hours!" And so it came to pass, to the great terror of all Jerusalem and Judea...

As God lives, in whose presence my soul stands, if the Book of Moses with the book of our father David had not been corrupted by the human traditions of false Pharisees and doctors, God would not have given his word to me. And why speak I of the Book of Moses and the book of David? Every prophecy have they corrupted, in so much that today a thing is not sought because God has commanded it, but men look whether the doctors say it, and the Pharisees observe it, as though God were in error, and men could not err.

Woe, therefore, to his faithless generation, for upon them shall come the blood of every prophet and righteous man, with the blood of Zechariah son of Berachiah, whom they slew between the Temple and the altar! What prophet have they not persecuted? What righteous man have they suffered to die a natural death? Scarcely one! And they seek now to slay me.

They boast themselves to be children of Abraham, and to possess the beautiful Temple. As God lives, they are children of Satan, and therefore they do his will: therefore the Temple, with the holy city, shall go to ruin, in so much that there shall not remain of the Temple one stone upon another.'

Chapter 190

'Tell me, brother, you that are a doctor learned in the Law in whom was the promise of the Messiah made to our father Abraham? In Isaac or in Ishmael." The scribe answered:'O master, I fear to tell you this, because of the penalty of death.' Then Jesus said:'Brother, I am grieved that I came to eat bread in your house, since you love this present life more than God your creator; and for this cause you fear to lose your life, but fear not to lose the faith and the life eternal, which is lost when the tongue speaks contrary to that which the heart knows of the Law of God.

Then the good scribe wept, and said: "O master, if I had known how to bear fruit, I should have preached many things which I have left unsaid lest sedition should be roused among the people."

Jesus answered: "You should respect neither the people, nor all the world, nor all the holy ones, nor all the angels, when it should cause offence to God. Wherefore let the whole [world] perish rather than offend God your creator, and preserve it not with sin. For sin destroys and preserves not, and God is mighty to create as many worlds as there are sands in the sea, and more."

(Abridged)
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#171807 Apr 13, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
You are uneducated on Scripture in the Bible.
Sharia law violates God command that women are equal to man.
"So The Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, He took one of the man's ribs [also translated took part of the man's side] and closed up the place with flesh. Then The Lord God made a woman from the rib He had taken out of the man, and He brought her to the man. The man said, "This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called 'woman,' for she was taken out of man." For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh." (Genesis 2:21-24)
God did not pronounce women to be less equal to man when God created Eve from Adam's rib.
Matthew 5:43-48 ESV / 35 helpful votes
“You have heard that it was said,‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? And if you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same?...
Jesus in that above scripture refers that we should love one another rather then fight for his cause.
The Bible makes the direct claim that Jesus is the Son of God.1 Many others, including the disciples,2 a Roman Centurion,3 angels,4 demons5, John the Baptist,6 Martha,7 Saul (Paul),8 and the Ethiopian Eunich9 make the same claim. Others said that Jesus Himself made the claim to be the Son of God.10 The gospel accounts also indicate that Jesus Himself made the statement or acknowledged that He was the Son of God many times.11
The title Son of God, does not denote second class status. No other prophet ever called himself the Son of God. The Jewish leaders of the time knew exactly what this title implied - that Jesus was claiming to be God Himself:
For this cause therefore the Jews were seeking all the more to kill Him, because He not only was breaking the Sabbath, but also was calling God His own Father, making Himself equal with God.(John 5:18)
Claiming to be the Son of God also conferred the title of Messiah or the anointed One. Psalm 2 talks about the Messiah (mashiach), whom it says is God's Son.12 This great messianic Psalm warns the reader to do homage to the Son and take refuge in Him,13 since He will rule the nations and judge the earth.14 The Sibylline Oracles make it clear that the Son of God is God Himself:
So you see MUQ, Muhammad disobey Goods commands.
This is another of your problem. You start interpreting Bible literally, without knowing either the Hebrew or the Greek language.

You should ask Jews about true meaning of the these OT verses.

You make mystery of things where there is no mystery and confuse things with their literal meanings.

First of all, you should not be dogmatic about any thing written in OT or NT books, because NONE of them were written by inspiration or were dictated by God or by any prophet of God.

Unless you verify each and every statement of Bible in light of Quran, the True revelation from God Almighty, most of your findings would be wrong.

You are making a skyscrapper, when there is no foundation!!
uhuh

Spain

#171808 Apr 13, 2013
Eric wrote:
"Christ called the Jews children and the gentiles dogs. But thereafter the order was turned around. Paul said of the Jews,'Look at the dogs, look at the mutilators (of penis)'(Phil 3:2). Do you not see how those who at first were children have became dogs and those who at first were dogs have become children?" - St. Chrysostom

thus according to the "inspired" teaching of St. Paul pbuh, Jews are no longer children of g-d, but children of d-g
uhuh

Spain

#171809 Apr 13, 2013
because St. Paul teaches that Jews are already cut off (karet) from God (Rom 11:22)
uhuh

Spain

#171810 Apr 13, 2013
christians steal the tanach and call it their scripture
steal the character of a jewish rabbi and set him up as their god
as if that isn't enough, they also steal the title "children of God" from the Jews

most shameful cult
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#171811 Apr 13, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Christians are children of God Eric.

Jesus answered, "Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit.

Christians don't need to be circumcised.
There is no God by the name Eric.

The verse is a forgery.

Actually, Jesus meant, "Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they have a circumcised dick".

Location hidden

#171812 Apr 13, 2013
uhuh wrote:
christians steal the tanach and call it their scripture
steal the character of a jewish rabbi and set him up as their god
as if that isn't enough, they also steal the title "children of God" from the Jews
most shameful cult
You should seek God in your life.
Satan's got a hold of you.
And your too ignorant to believe its true.
realanddifenesma n

Dhaka, Bangladesh

#171813 Apr 13, 2013
allah is a allmighty. he is a created all life.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#171814 Apr 13, 2013
realanddifenesman wrote:
allah is a allmighty. he is a created all life.
rabbee: well never the less, your all-h is not my ALL-H. for you worship, other all-h/s.
Mujahid

Dallas, TX

#171815 Apr 13, 2013
Munshi wrote:
Allah Ta'ala is One. There is no one equal to Allah Ta'ala, either in being, qualities, actions, commands or names. Allah Ta'ala is "Waajibul Wujood", in other words, His Existence is compulsory. His destruction is impossible. Allah Ta'ala always was and always will be.
Allah Ta'ala is neither anyone's father, not is He anyone's son. Allah Ta'ala does not have a wife. Anyone who shows Allah Ta'ala to have a father or for Him to be anyone's son or to prove that Allah Ta'ala has a wife is a Kaafir (non-believer). If anyone thinks or imagines this to be possible, then that person he is misled and irreligious.
Allah Ta'ala is present and in existence. The term used to define this is "Hai". Everyone?s life and existence is in the control of Allah Ta'ala. He gives life and causes death to whomever He pleases.
It is also not necessary that everything in the power of Allah Ta'ala should come into existence even though it is possible for it to come into existence. An example of this is that if Allah Ta'ala wills, He may create a mountain made from solid gold, but there is no such mountain. However, if Allah Ta'ala wishes, then it will exist even though it does not exist at present.
The etiquette of eating food in Islam.
http://islamqa.info/en/ref/13348

In Islam there is an etiquette for eating, which is divided into categories:

1 – Etiquette before eating:

1 – Washing the hands before eating. The hands should be washed before eating, so that they may be clean when a person eats with them, and so that he will not be harmed by any dirt that may be on them.

2 – Part of the etiquette of eating is to ask about the food if you are a guest and you do not know what it is (i.e., what type of food it is), and you are not sure about what has been offered to you.

3 – Hastening to eat when food is brought by the host. Part of honouring one's guest is to hasten to offer him something, and part of the guest’s honouring the host is to hasten to accept his food and eat from it.

4 – Mentioning the name of Allaah before eating. It is obligatory to mention the name of Allaah before eating. What is meant by that is saying “Bismillaah (in the name of Allaah)” when starting to eat.

Check the Link as shown above for more details.

Location hidden

#171816 Apr 14, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no God by the name Eric.
The verse is a forgery.
Actually, Jesus meant, "Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they have a circumcised dick".
Typical Muslim rhetoric.
Useless and meaningless like the religion they follow with minds empty and hollow.

Location hidden

#171817 Apr 14, 2013
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#171818 Apr 14, 2013
SC wrote:
So are you calling out the free will?

Quran 6:39

... Whomever Allah wills - He leaves astray; and whomever He wills - He puts him on a straight path.

Quran 2:7 Allah has set a seal upon their hearts and upon their hearing, and over their vision is a veil. And for them is a great punishment.

Quran 10:100 And it is not for a soul to believe except by permission of Allah , and He will place defilement upon those who will not use reason.

Is this the Islamic concept of free will you were talking about? The last verse makes no sense because it says one believes only if Allah permits to, but then this god will punish those who doesn't.

In other words punishment is used as instrument to scare the unbelievers (that is the thing they have to REASON upon) and then if they are scared they will convert and convertion is masked as Allah's will/permission.
Ans.

01. Your understanding of Quranic reasoning is not correct. Every thing in this Universe is happening because Allah allows them to happen.

No murder, no rape , no kidnapping, no cheating and no corruption can occur in this entire Universe, unless Allah allows it to happen.

So can we blame Allah for causing all these crimes and why He does not stop them for happening?

If some one accuses Allah for not preventing these things, then his reasoning is faulty.

This is because Allah has given freedom to humans to do what they think and does not interfere in their affairs.

02. So these verses where Allah says He guides whom He wishes and set seal on certain people ….these are to console our prophet and other Muslim, as to why despite their best efforts most people are not accepting Islam.

03. Some people by "willfully" rejecting the message of truth again and again, loose the capability of ever listening to the truth. These are the people which are described as "people on which Allah has put a seal".

04. Now coming to your own example, who is "preventing you from accepting the message of Islam"?

The same message is preached to so many Non Muslims and many of then accepted it, but you "choose" to reject it and then on the last day you might try to "blame Allah" that He put a seal on your heart!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Remembering a Christian and a Jew who traced an... 22 hr JesusWasNOTaJew G... 12
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) Thu Eagle 12 798
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Thu Eagle 12 4,819
Anyone still at this forum Tue Sarah Good 1
When do you know if you are truly Wiccan? (Nov '07) Aug 11 Tekmoses 137
Convert me from Agnostic to Atheist Jul '16 ATHEOI 2
Astrology and Paganism Jun '16 Wolf 1
More from around the web