Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256266 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#171420 Apr 10, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Firstly, the NT contains many "errors" and "non-truths".
You are unable to accept that ALLAH is THE GOD referred to in ARABIC Bible.
You already agreed with it several posts ago.
So what is your problem?
We KNOW our GOD.
We know our GOD is not a butt naked man.
This is our simple test...that I have given several times before...
The touch stone...is..
GOD, the One and Only;
GOD, the Eternal, Absolute;
GOD, begetteth not nor is GOD begotten;
There is none like unto GOD.
Very simple.
Trinitarian Christianity will have at least one leg to stand upon, only if it rejects the unholy Trinity
and renounce all doctrines!
bmz

Location hidden

#171421 Apr 10, 2013
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know what people recited back then? And where did you get the idea that thousands would recite the Koran day and night? Why was the Koran written as book eventually when thousands of people could recite it day and night? The Koran by it's own admission claims to be a book (2:02) and you are contradicting the Koran.
I memorized a couple of verses when I was muslim. I had a written copy of the Koran on hand and I would read the verses over and over again until I had it memorized. What a stupid question you are asking. I tell you what, find me a copy of the Koran written during the lifetime of Mohammad before making all kinds of dubious claims. You are pointing fingures at all those polemicists and evangelists while your own assumptions are fraught with heresay. At those polemicists rely on spurious Islamic traditions but you have a habit of cooking up your own.
There you go again and write foolishly, "I tell you what, find me a copy of the Koran written during the lifetime of Mohammad before making all kinds of dubious claims."

I had just reminded you that there was no copy of a compiled Qur'aan during the life of the Prophet.

if there were, then it would be absurd of all polemicists to accuse Uthman of burning 'Qur'aans'.

Polemicists rely on spurious and dubious quotes from fools like Ibn Ishaq, Ibn Hisham, Ibn Sa'aad, Tabari and other tale collectors.

Raed all the notorious polemicists like Sir William Muir, George Sale, Sam Shamoun, Robert Spencer, Geert Wilders, Silas, Ali Sina, Ibn Warraq and others. You will find those ignorant fools quoting from those fools and liars, I named.
Carl Michael

London, UK

#171422 Apr 10, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
Hitler Was a Christian
Those who would make Hitler an atheist should turn their eyes to history books before they address their pews and chat rooms.
Has Christianity thus far been INCAPABLE of producing an unbiased, educated follower who speaks the truth?
When you study the dirty deeds of the Nazi regime and their tactics, a Christian "may" begin to question what their clergy told them.
It is common for American media and education institutions to lie to their citizens concerning Nazi Germany.)
We need to consider it in four parts:
1) Facts about Hitler and his involvement with the Church.
2) How the Church was the catalyst for anti- Semitism.
3) Facts concerning how the Nazi regime drilled these beliefs into Germanic society.
4) Quotes Hitler made which prove he had a disdain for atheism/occultism, upheld his Christian faith, and hated Jews due to his Christianity.
Dear uneducated Woggy,

Hitler may call himself Christian as long as he wanted, this doesnt mean Christianity caused or was the root of Nazism. There is no need to blame that religion. In the other hand if a Muslim takes some passages from Koran and declare war to someone, as often happens, then the fault goes also to the religion.

Hitler claimed to be the Messiah. Golliwog, which religion you want to blame for it, Christianity or Judaism?

What's the implication of the Roman Catholic Church with Nazism?
Before coming to power in January of 1933, Hitler wrote about his reaction to Berlin on his first visit there: "The luxury, the perversion, the iniquity, the wanton display, and the Jewish materialism [of Berlin’s commercial district] disgusted me so thoroughly that I was almost beside myself," Hitler recalled. "I nearly imagined myself to be Jesus Christ when he came to his Father’s temple and found it full of money-changers. I can well imagine how he felt when he seized a whip and scourged them out."
When Hitler compared himself to Jesus, he was proclaiming his own divinity. Knowing as we do that Hitler’s ambitions were eventually blown to smithereens, it’s hard for us to realize how many Germans considered him a supernatural being.

Except for the tabloids, the international media tended to downplay his most grandiose claims. But the Vatican understood how important it was to talk back to Hitler on the divinity issue. In 1937, Pope Pius XI issued an official letter entitled "With Burning Heart" that scorned Hitler for his claims to godhood.

At a time when people throughout the world still believed Hitler to be a progressive force, the Catholic Church condemned him as a dangerous villain. It denounced the chief Nazi for his racism and attacked Hitler for "placing himself on the same level as Christ." Effectively summarizing Hitler’s personality, the Church labeled him "a mad prophet possessed of repulsive arrogance."

Thus did Pope Pius call for the downfall of the German dictator. However, Pius XI did not want to publically speak against Hitler because Hitler was already sending many Catholics to the concentration camps and he felt public speaking would endanger Catholics more. Instead he worked from the back end, spearheading the largest "underground railroad" (to get Jews out of Germany) in WW II. Many Catholic priests did speak in the pulpet against Hitler even when they faced arrest and death and many Catholic families hid Jewish families to save them from the Nazi terror.
When Hitler first came to power, some churches were with him, but soon many became disgusted with his methods. Ministers who preached against Hitler were arrested and taken to concentration camps. But Hitler especially hated Catholics - perhaps because he knew Pope Pius XI was in the background helping hundeds of Jews to safety or perhaps because Hitler had been expelled from Catholic elementary school. Whatever the case, it is estimated that 1 million Catholics died in concentration camps and many convents and monastaries were despoiled and worse.
bmz

Location hidden

#171423 Apr 10, 2013
Title:

John explored, investigated and corrected

John 1:1 should now read:

"In the beginning there was nothing and the only word was God. There was only God in the beginning."
Rohnert Park Mom

Sonoma, CA

#171424 Apr 10, 2013
There is a lady in our area right across the field from the market, who seems to live in the bushes there. She always yells at my mom, who is 87, the she is a witch and "will be known to the eye". This is a source of odd amusement to Ma and to me because Ma yaks about it all the damn time. What can I do about this? Do I need to worry about Ma being weird again? We cant afford another stay in that place for her right now.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#171425 Apr 10, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
Hitler Was a Christian
The Holocaust was caused by Christian fundamentalism:
History is currently being DISTORTED the millions of Christians who LIE to have us believe that the Holocaust was not a Christian deed. Through SUBTERFUGE and CONCEALMENT, many of today’s Church leaders and faithful Christians have CAMOUFLAGED the CHRISTIANITY OF Adolf HITLER and have attempted to mark him an atheist, a pagan cult worshipper, or a false Christian in order to place his misdeeds on those with out Jesus.
However, from the earliest formation of the Nazi party and throughout the period of conquest and growth, HITLER EXPRESSED HIS CHRISTIAN SUPPORT to the German citizenry and soldiers. Those who would make Hitler an atheist should turn their eyes to history books before they address their pews and chat rooms.
Has Christianity thus far been INCAPABLE of producing an unbiased, educated follower who speaks the truth?
When you study the dirty deeds of the Nazi regime and their tactics, a Christian "may" begin to question what their clergy told them.
It is common for American media and education institutions to lie to their citizens concerning Nazi Germany.)
We need to consider it in four parts:
1) Facts about Hitler and his involvement with the Church.
2) How the Church was the catalyst for anti- Semitism.
3) Facts concerning how the Nazi regime drilled these beliefs into Germanic society.
4) Quotes Hitler made which prove he had a disdain for atheism/occultism, upheld his Christian faith, and hated Jews due to his Christianity.
That was then so let us look at NOW. Look at the CURRENT teachings of the rabbis, Alex.

Do you suppose that they teach love of Muslims?

Do you suppose that they teach that YOUR live is as valuable as theirs?

Do you suppose that the rabbis teach love and respect for non-Jews?

By the way, Hitler had Jewish DNA or blood.I got that from a Jewish source.

"DNA tests reveal Hitler's Jewish and African roots
The Fuhrer 'would not have been happy' to learn he was more Berber tribesman than Aryan superman."

http://www.haaretz.com/promotions

I say no more.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#171426 Apr 10, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
That was then so let us look at NOW. Look at the CURRENT teachings of the rabbis, Alex.
Do you suppose that they teach love of Muslims?
Do you suppose that they teach that YOUR live is as valuable as theirs?
Do you suppose that the rabbis teach love and respect for non-Jews?
By the way, Hitler had Jewish DNA or blood.I got that from a Jewish source.
"DNA tests reveal Hitler's Jewish and African roots
The Fuhrer 'would not have been happy' to learn he was more Berber tribesman than Aryan superman."
http://www.haaretz.com/promotions
I say no more.
..and the creepy Caribbean jihad against rabbis continues...
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#171427 Apr 10, 2013
9/11 saw the announcement for INCREASED security. Now listen well to a former US President on the plan by some to seize on the so called need for INCREASED security. Listen well to the first 2 minutes.

HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#171428 Apr 10, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop lying on the Caribbean people, Judahite, disciple of rabbis/PHARAOHS.

I speak for myself. Run to your masters I have a feeling that they are hungry for another B...job

Now, OF.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#171429 Apr 10, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that so, Judahite?

1."A recently published book written by a Skvere HASIDIC rabbi and endorsed by the Skvere Rebbe himself TELLS Skvere hasidim and other Jews to HATE ALL gentiles.

(What did the HASIDIC rabbi teach? Answer to HATE ALL gentiles. Was he alone? No, "endorsed by the Skvere Rebbe himself")

"Gentiles are wholly EVIL, the book says. They spiritually POLLUTE the world, and even LOOKING at their faces is harmful."

"The book is called Yalkut Shaiylos u’Teshuvos. As the title indicates, it is a collection of questions and answers on halakhic topics. The QUESTIONS were asked by young Skvere yeshiva students IN New Square, NEW YORK. The answers are rabbinic."

"Question: Is it appropriate to not love, or to hate, a gentile?

Answer: A Jew is intrinsically good. A Jew is a part of God above. Even if at times he strays it is not because he has become evil. It is only that there is evil within him that he has to cleanse.

However, to separate with a MILLION degrees of separation, a gentile is an IMPURE THING. The ENTIRE ESSENCE of the gentile is EVIL and impure."

2. Another New York and Hasidic example. First was HASIDIC rabbi above. Hasidic/Judaism Jew in the New York and a WHITE WOMAN.

http://www.youtube.com/watch ...

3.http://www.youtube.com/watch ?v=AuMFAgGdd1E&feature=rel ated

Listen to the LOVE of blacks.

Ask yourselves this, what have the persons named including US General Colin Powell done to him.

4. Love of Jesus, Love of blacks pay attention to the Coca Cola reference.

When you speak the TRUTH you are accused of being anti-semitic. I shall let them speak and the them are the Judaites or members of Judaism.

http://www.youtube.com/watch ...

Truly a religion/Judaism of hate.

YOUR pharaohs/RABBIS and their SATAN within them is doing the "jihad"

Location hidden

#171430 Apr 10, 2013
...and the creepy Caribbean jihad against rabbis continues...

Location hidden

#171431 Apr 10, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
A person that doesn't understand the difference between Greece and Greek, after pointed out many times, has to be left alone. If you and others go after that person, one may wonder your mental health situation.
LOL

I think ANYONES participation on this forum in particular is reason to question their mental health.

If I was going use that as a criteria to decide who to respond to, I would never respond.

Skeptic is sport to me. Maybe it is cruel, but I didnt ask him to post idiocy.

Location hidden

#171432 Apr 10, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
You tried to be polite? LOL
What's the reason to try when the only thing I did was to check the Torah references given by the rabbi of Judaism 101 and see how baseless is the claim of a person being Jewish from mother line from Torah.
And I have told you many many many times that halacha is also based on minchag (custom)

I dont get why you dont get that

It might bother you that there is "no reason" but obviously it doesnt bother us.

Us Jews dont exist here on the internet to rationalize our religion. Thats your deal, not ours.

As of the applicability to Skeptic, I am fine with him interpreting. But he has to come clean and say that. I never embellish quotes. Thats the equivalence, not which religion is more or less rational. Religion is never rational, thats why it is religion.

Asif Iqbal

Dallas, TX

#171433 Apr 10, 2013
Munshi wrote:
Allah Ta'ala is One. There is no one equal to Allah Ta'ala, either in being, qualities, actions, commands or names. Allah Ta'ala is "Waajibul Wujood", in other words, His Existence is compulsory. His destruction is impossible. Allah Ta'ala always was and always will be.
Allah Ta'ala is neither anyone's father, not is He anyone's son. Allah Ta'ala does not have a wife. Anyone who shows Allah Ta'ala to have a father or for Him to be anyone's son or to prove that Allah Ta'ala has a wife is a Kaafir (non-believer). If anyone thinks or imagines this to be possible, then that person he is misled and irreligious.
Allah Ta'ala is present and in existence. The term used to define this is "Hai". Everyone?s life and existence is in the control of Allah Ta'ala. He gives life and causes death to whomever He pleases.
It is also not necessary that everything in the power of Allah Ta'ala should come into existence even though it is possible for it to come into existence. An example of this is that if Allah Ta'ala wills, He may create a mountain made from solid gold, but there is no such mountain. However, if Allah Ta'ala wishes, then it will exist even though it does not exist at present.
Allah is my Lord and my Saviour. HE is formless. HE has no blood ties with any human. HE loves HIS Craetures with 70 times more Love than your own Mother. HE is very Merciful. HE is very Forgiving. HE is the Master of the Day of Judgement.
HE is the Creator of the Universe and Humanity, and to HIM we all have to return one day.
We should make our lives clean and honest, and treat others with respect and love. We would be held accountable for all our deeds and actions. We should prepare for the Day of Judgement in this world.

Location hidden

#171434 Apr 10, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
You tried to be polite? LOL
What's the reason to try when the only thing I did was to check the Torah references given by the rabbi of Judaism 101 and see how baseless is the claim of a person being Jewish from mother line from Torah.
http://judaism.stackexchange.com/questions/26...

and regarding politeness - my point is that I am not here to pick a fight with you, so I dont get why you are always hostile.

As of bigotry you accuse me of - do you see me on here posting 24/7 about how "evil" other religions are? Maybe once in a while, but most of the time I am here defending my own. ANd with the nitwits like Skeptic it is not really directed at his religion but at him personally.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#171435 Apr 10, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, very late. He is already late by 1,980 years.
Millions and millions of fools died waiting for him but the man never turned up. How could he, when he has already been dead, dust and bones?
Tell him he is too late and he is not wanted. He will destroy whatever peace the world has, because 1.5 billion trinitarian freaks can go into a wild frenzy.
Jesus not wanted!
rabbee: oh come on! just because you do not know, this only story from G-D. does not mean, We have not been here for quite sometime now. you don't even know nor recognize, this story from TheG-D of Only TheTorah. cause you all think your in, some other story from some other g-d/s.

We are not ever late, We always arrive at the exact same time here in TheTorah happening from G-D. or the ingathering of Ysrael, could not beguin at the exact same time as usual. and if there is any delay, after adam and his mate arrive. it's because of all of you, helping mr lizard lips do his job again.

this is embarassing, this whole world. does not even know, what happens next. after G-D, has Adam put to death. cause you all are waiting for some other fantacy land. and by passed GanEden again, for a lollypop from the same old devil.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#171436 Apr 10, 2013
Kristijan Golubovic wrote:
<quoted text>Allah is the god of pigs.
rabbee: well i heard rumors that, that bunch was called legion. that suspiciously sounds like, a herd of baal hamolech.
Evangelico

Weesp, Netherlands

#171437 Apr 10, 2013
Islam is a scam

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#171438 Apr 10, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
It would have been stupidity of Highest Order, if Mohammad was God.
Already Christians have made themselves fools by saying that Jesus is God and bending themselves into knots to prove this idiocy.
Muslims have never fallen into this pitfall....where St Paul and all his followers jumped headlong....without thinking!!
Jesus is God MUQ.
The Quran is Muhammad's garbage book.
Muhammad was obsessed with jinn devils and demons.
Muhammad was a mad man that saw non-Muslims as jinns and devils for rejecting Muhammad as prophet from God and ordered Muslims to kill for his jinn devil god Allah.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#171439 Apr 10, 2013
Satan in the Bible=Allah in the Quran.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Dec 13 Eagle 12 - 4,965
News Looking for a Pagan community in Kentucky? (Mar '12) Dec 3 Nope 17
News Poland's bishops say Halloween is harmful, pagan (Oct '12) Oct '17 Kim 21
can spells be done in the daytime? (Sep '06) Oct '17 Scarlet Hernandez 7
News Curtis Brown column: Trick-or-Treat not to ever... (Oct '10) Oct '17 RationalChick 11
News Out of the Broom Closet: DC Witches in Their Ow... Oct '17 Hajinon 1
News Bloomfield woman behind Ten Commandments monume... (Aug '14) Oct '17 GiveUpUDummies 8
More from around the web