Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 255958 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#171364 Apr 9, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
This not about who has authority you clueless person!!
This is about a real practical situation.....
Will Jews say such absurd things attributed to them in your "holy" books...if a "messiah" applicant actually comes forward TODAY?
The answer is No.
I don't think that the Jewish Elders will ask any messiah candidate the following ABSURD questions:
"Are you the Messiah who is our L-rd G-d?"
" Are you the Messiah, THE only begotten Son of G-d?"
" Are you the Messiah who is fully man and fully G-d"?
"Are you the Messiah who is our G-d in human form who has come to die on a cross for the gentiles?"
Thanks to them we can blow your claims away....
Its too late. Jesus is coming back.

Location hidden

#171365 Apr 9, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Mr. Mahmood
Pardon me to ask you one question "If you get the Originals of all those bits and pieces, on which Quran was written originally....how would you link them to form a book"?
Just please answer this question?
How pathetic is your reasoning and what is the root cause of your sickness, I already diagnosed it and told you during our last discussion.
But one quality which all of "experts" like you have is to lie low and then come back and start from square one as if nothing had happened before.
Pardon me for interrupting you....now please carry on and "demand" to see the "Original papers and bones and sticks and skin on which verses revealed to Prophet Mohammad were written down"!!
The point MUQ, is Muhammad was not God.
So its blasphemy to treat every word Muhammad said as revelation from God.

That is the human worship of Muhammad as god.
That is demon worship of a man.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#171366 Apr 9, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Its too late. Jesus is coming back.
Yes, very late. He is already late by 1,980 years.

Millions and millions of fools died waiting for him but the man never turned up. How could he, when he has already been dead, dust and bones?

Tell him he is too late and he is not wanted. He will destroy whatever peace the world has, because 1.5 billion trinitarian freaks can go into a wild frenzy.

Jesus not wanted!
John

Australia

#171367 Apr 9, 2013
Is there not one muztard with balls enough to say the obvious despite the wrath of the other muztards - that terrorism is wrong, that paedophilia is wrong, that the abuse of women is wrong, that tyranny is wrong???
uhuh

Madrid, Spain

#171368 Apr 9, 2013
Shamma wrote:
The demons in the BIBLE are fallen angels.
SamBee wrote:
The BIBLE clearly teaches that Satan is the supreme ruler and Mighty One of this present world (2 Cor 4:4)
obviously not from the holy part of "Bible" (Tanach), but from the unholy part (NT)

as Shamma puts it (or rather copy-pastes it from somewhere),
Shamma wrote:
This idea is no where to be found in the Hebrew Bible.
uhuh

Madrid, Spain

#171369 Apr 9, 2013
jinn are not created evil from the start,

"They (the jinn) said: Some of us are righteous, and some of us are the opposite; we follow various paths" (Quran 72:11)
uhuh

Madrid, Spain

#171370 Apr 9, 2013
Shamma wrote:
You follow a jinn possessed man you call your prophet Muhammad.
you are saying of Muhammad exactly what the pharisees said of Jesus,
"He is possessed by Beelzebub!"

you are a trinitarian pharisee

Location hidden

#171371 Apr 9, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
I read that and I have checked on Tanakh the "several passages" s/he gives and none of them support the affermation of "the child of a Jewish woman and a non-Jewish man is a Jew, and several other passages where it is understood that the child of a non-Jewish woman and a Jewish man is not a Jew..."
<quoted text>
This sentence is too vague that is not of any help for anyone.
<quoted text>
I don't know what you mean by traditional Judaism, since apparently this religion change everytime... and say that the Judaism of 2500-3000 years ago has almost nothing to do with your religion.
As for the literal thing. That seemed to be your issue that you bring here. The famous passaged quoted in the websites I provided are clearly facts happened to which, I guess the written of Judaism 101 is a rabbi, wanted to find a solution with the matrilineal thing, but failed to.
<quoted text>
It's irrational because is baseless. There is no ritual observance in those passages if you read it. Have you?
<quoted text>
Actually I wasn't talking about Shamma at all. In any case if I may share my opinion you are only waste your time. It's clear that Skeptic doesn't even understand what a poster says... I rarely talk with him and those few occasion that he doesn't bother to addresss to the problem I posed but to something close to it, or like few hours ago he answered me with a post copied somewhere without centering the point. In the past he had trouble with pantheism and panentheism. Recall it? Recently with Greek and Greece. You can stay all day every day explaining the difference he won't understand it.
<quoted text>
It's not my business.
I understand the difference:
PANTHEISM: the doctrine that the universe conceived of as a whole is God and, conversely, that there is no God but the combined substance, forces, and laws that are manifested in the existing universe.

PANENTHEISM: asserts that God includes the universe as a part though not the whole of his being.

There many different opinions on both Pantheism, and panentheism.
They are opinions, and are not proven fact.

Location hidden

#171372 Apr 9, 2013
uhuh wrote:
<quoted text>
you are saying of Muhammad exactly what the pharisees said of Jesus,
"He is possessed by Beelzebub!"
Yes that is true, but the difference is Jesus did not advocate the killing for the sake of God his Father.
Muhammad created his own law-fight for the cause of Allah, and kill those that reject Allah and his messenger, which of course is Muhammad.
God allows man to make his own choice to come to God, and sustains both the righteous and the wicked till the last judgment, giving all the opportunity to come to God by their own free will.

God’s Covenants

For he himself is our peace, who has made the two [nations] one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility, by abolishing in his flesh the law with its commandments and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new man out of the two, thus making peace, and in this one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility ... Consequently, you [Gentiles] are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God’s people and members of God’s household, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone.
– Ephesians 2:14-16,19

Muhammad mocked God by making himself God.

Location hidden

#171373 Apr 9, 2013
uhuh wrote:
jinn are not created evil from the start,
"They (the jinn) said: Some of us are righteous, and some of us are the opposite; we follow various paths" (Quran 72:11)
But the creator of the jinns is not Yahweh the God of Israel.

So who is the creator of the jinns?

The Qurran says Allah is the creator of jinns which contradicts the Bible.

So Muslims have a problem.
If you say the Bible is corrupted, then it shows that Allah can not protect his word from being corrupted.
That shows that Allah is incompetent.
That shows that man has to make excuses for Allah.

So I ask you who created the jinns?

Location hidden

#171374 Apr 9, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the difference between the begotten son Israel
and this begotten son BJ?
The difference is your stupidity.
What does it mean that Jesus is God's only begotten son?

Question: "What does it mean that Jesus is God's only begotten son?"

Answer: The phrase “only begotten Son” occurs in John 3:16, which reads in the King James Version as, "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." The phrase "only begotten" translates the Greek word monogenes. This word is variously translated into English as "only," "one and only," and "only begotten."

It's this last phrase ("only begotten" used in the KJV, NASB and the NKJV) that causes problems. False teachers have latched onto this phrase to try to prove their false teaching that Jesus Christ isn't God; i.e., that Jesus isn't equal in essence to God as the Second Person of the Trinity. They see the word "begotten" and say that Jesus is a created being because only someone who had a beginning in time can be "begotten." What this fails to note is that "begotten" is an English translation of a Greek word. As such, we have to look at the original meaning of the Greek word, not transfer English meanings into the text.

So what does monogenes mean? According to the Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament and Other Early Christian Literature (BAGD, 3rd Edition), monogenes has two primary definitions. The first definition is "pertaining to being the only one of its kind within a specific relationship." This is the meaning attached to its use in Hebrews 11:17 when the writer refers to Isaac as Abraham's "only begotten son." Abraham had more than one son, but Isaac was the only son he had by Sarah and the only son of the covenant.

The second definition is "pertaining to being the only one of its kind or class, unique in kind." This is the meaning that is implied in John 3:16. In fact, John is the only New Testament writer who uses this word in reference to Jesus (see John 1:14, 18; 3:16, 18; 1 John 4:9). John was primarily concerned with demonstrating that Jesus was the Son of God (John 20:31), and he uses this word to highlight Jesus as uniquely God's Son—sharing the same divine nature as God—as opposed to believers who are God's sons and daughters through faith.

The bottom line is that terms such as "Father" and "Son," that are descriptive of God and Jesus, are human terms used to help us understand the relationship between the different Persons of the Trinity. If you can understand the relationship between a human father and a human son, then you can understand, in part, the relationship between the First and Second Persons of the Trinity. The analogy breaks down if you try to take it too far and teach, as some Christian cults (such as the Jehovah’s Witnesses), that Jesus was literally "begotten" as in “produced” or “created” by God the Father.
Which of course is a Jehovah witness falsehood.

bmz

Location hidden

#171375 Apr 10, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Muhammad mocked God by making himself God.
When did Muhammad say that he was God?

It was the ignorant and incoherent fool Jesus of the lawless Christianity, who said that he was God. Right?

bmz

Location hidden

#171376 Apr 10, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>But the creator of the jinns is not Yahweh the God of Israel.
So who is the creator of the jinns?
The Qurran says Allah is the creator of jinns which contradicts the Bible.
So Muslims have a problem.
If you say the Bible is corrupted, then it shows that Allah can not protect his word from being corrupted.
That shows that Allah is incompetent.
That shows that man has to make excuses for Allah.
So I ask you who created the jinns?
This clown Yahweh is not the God of Israel. Yahweh is no bloody name, fool!

bmz

Location hidden

#171377 Apr 10, 2013
uhuh wrote:
Excellent conclusion. I agree.

Location hidden

#171378 Apr 10, 2013
PANTHEISM: the doctrine that the universe conceived of as a whole is God and, conversely, that there is no God but the combined substance, forces, and laws that are manifested in the existing universe.

PANENTHEISM: asserts that God includes the universe as a part though not the whole of his being.

If a man builds a house out of created material,
Is the created material part of the whole the man that created the house?
No!
Which would be the equivalent to God creating the the world out of nothing yet became manifested as matter and energy, is the matter and energy God?
No!
It is just matter and energy with laws to sustain its existence.

The Bible says that God is Spirit.
And Jesus demonstrated what a spirit body can do by entering the upper room going through the walls.

The Bible also says that Gods kingdom is not of this world, and God sits in His heavenly Kingdom.

Jesus showed that God being a Spirit can travel through both worlds.

Location hidden

#171379 Apr 10, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
When did Muhammad say that he was God?
It was the ignorant and incoherent fool Jesus of the lawless Christianity, who said that he was God. Right?
By creating laws above the laws of God.
You are blind death, and dumb.

Location hidden

#171380 Apr 10, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
This clown Yahweh is not the God of Israel. Yahweh is no bloody name, fool!
neither is Allah the name of the God of Israel.
So who is Allah?

bmz

Location hidden

#171381 Apr 10, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>By creating laws above the laws of God.
You are blind death, and dumb.
Correction for you:

You are blind, deaf and dumb.

I can also say: You are deaf, dumb and blind like the Church fathers.

bmz

Location hidden

#171382 Apr 10, 2013
Shamma wrote:
If a man builds a house out of created material,
Is the created material part of the whole the man that created the house?
No!
Which would be the equivalent to God creating the the world out of nothing yet became manifested as matter and energy, is the matter and energy God?
No!
It is just matter and energy with laws to sustain its existence.
The Bible says that God is Spirit.
And Jesus demonstrated what a spirit body can do by entering the upper room going through the walls.
The Bible also says that Gods kingdom is not of this world, and God sits in His heavenly Kingdom.
Jesus showed that God being a Spirit can travel through both worlds.
Bullshit.

Everything your Bible says, is wrong, absurd and nonsense!

Location hidden

#171383 Apr 10, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction for you:
You are blind, deaf and dumb.
I can also say: You are deaf, dumb and blind like the Church fathers.
Isaiah 63:16
New International Version (NIV)
16 But you are our Father,
though Abraham does not know us
or Israel acknowledge us;
you, Lord, are our Father,
our Redeemer from of old is your name.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Dec 3 Eagle 12 4,907
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) Nov 25 Jillifitz 115
News Paganism no better than Atheism (May '10) Nov 17 Amused 30
News Why All Jews Should Hate Halloween - And So Sho... Oct '16 Hecate 1
Beauty spell worked last year but not anymore Oct '16 Prettyicy 1
Wiccan Coven Secrets Anyone? Oct '16 Julius the Jules 1
Need info Oct '16 Fraidy Cat 2
More from around the web