Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256390 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#171236 Apr 9, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>I have not lied.
Your are framing a falsehood.
Prove to me Jesus did not say I am the Son of God?
John 10:36
English Standard Version (ESV)
36 do you say of him whom the Father consecrated and sent into the world,‘You are blaspheming,’ because I said,‘I am the Son of God’?
Stop the mendacity

The ORIGINAL citation/quote did not say that.

Why cant you admit you goofed for once?

AD
GREECE
Son of God

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#171237 Apr 9, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
My ex-master is deadly and is even more dangerous than say Muhammad, Lenin or Mao.
An non-existent being cannot be more dangerous of them.
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>He commands tremendous occult power that I've seen from very close range and once I "saw" his terrifying vital form and was shocked but brushed it off by giving the excuse that it was an impersonation engineered by the hostile vital beings but deep down in my heart I knew that it was him and no one else.
You say something wrong, but deep in your heart you always knew this and that... LOL
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>People who oppose him simply drop dead in minutes or hours or a certain unsettling force invades their nerves and destroys them in a most painful way that's far worse than death by slow poisoning.
I've seen this happening on many occasions and he explicitly warns those who question his authority....
You always accused those religions that menace or kill whoever question them, but when your non-existent master did, you didn't rebel against him. What a hyporcite you are.
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>My ex-master had put out a strong occult force to mind control me and make me a puppet and at times when I'd see through his diabolism I'd be attacked so seriously that I'd forget his flaws and simply concentrate on saving my skin. I've thrown out all his pics and gifts as each of these was radiating such terrible vibes...
Funny that only NOW you claim his pics send terrible vibes, but back then his imagine was radiating something positive... and by the way didn't you say there was no pic of your Master? LOL Joel the liar.
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>He killed my dad, mom and sister using his occult power and broke up my family.
But didn't you say you killed off your father after he made suffer your mother another time... You even killed off a street dog. Now the fault is of another? Neither as a story teller you have a future.
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>I began rebelling and questioning his so-called omnipotence and so-called infallible wisdom and when I began openly rebelling and criticizing him he created hell in my life via occult means and in dec 2012 he put out the most serious attack of my life that would have killed me -
Back then I questioned too his omnipotence and wisdom. Didn't you listen me? But let me guess when I told you that deep in your heart you knew I was right, isn't it? LOL

It was so easy to understand he wasn't omnipotent nor omniscient that it's clear that you were inventing stories about him. No doubt about it.
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>My life is in a mess....
I knew your life is a mess in the very moment you started to tell you you are what you are not, a yogi, a multi-millionaire ect. If you came out with those lies, I wonder what kind of miserable life you are at...
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>My body, mind and emotions are damaged beyond repair
I had no doubt your mind was damaged, but also your body is damage beyond repair? Didn't you say the other day in another thread that you went out to shopping, eatery, ect?
Qadir mengal

Quetta, Pakistan

#171238 Apr 9, 2013
Life Of Mohammad(saw)And Status of Mary in Trinity?

Those who interested in life of Mohammad as a prophet or other wise,So as those having interst in life of Mary(rw) and trinity come and visit the thread” Qadir mengal Miss understanding islam”An important series about the life of Mohammad(saw) has been given from page 33 of topix on this thread, this series will go number wise just as 1 (2) 3 … along with mentioning the thread number where the series is located.
Note-Post no, 1,2,3,4,5,6,of life of Mohammad(saw) of this series have come on page 33 of Miss understanding islam, while post number 7,8,9,9-a,and10,11,to 18 have appeared on page no, 34 of this thread i,e miss understanding islam so as post no 19 and 20 and others have appeared on page 35 of this thread kindly follow,
Again the posts about (Jesus Mary)and trinity have come on page 38 and 39 of Missunderstanding islam By Qadir mengal.. So as Qadir mengal also (insha Allah) will give you the answers about your questions and Queries about islam on this thread if you questioned him about islam.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#171239 Apr 9, 2013
MUQ wrote:
I suspect that this Shamma could be the same guy who had taken the name "Thinker" some times back and now vanished from the thread.
We see the same stubbornness, the same uncouth wordings and the same unbending attitude.
I have pity for Christianity if such uncouth and unreasonable people become defender in chief of their religion.
The guy posts long posts full of nonsense and reverse logic and untruth.
May be in Christianity there is a reward if you prove your case by dishonest means.
In Islam, such a course is disallowed. You should speak truth and nothing but truth. Irrespective of what is the situation and who is your opponent.
But these people speak lies and make false claims and statements, without having any conscience whatsoever.
To say that Allah is Satan, is one of these white lies....this guy has no fear of God to make such a horrendous statement.
You can say what you want MUQ, but that does not change the fact that your Allah god is Satan.
And you MUQ as a child of Satan must deny Gods truth.
The Holy Bible teaches that God cannot be tempted by evil and neither tempts anyone with evil; evil being understood as referring to immorality and sin. James 1:13 (c.f. Psalm 5:4-5; Habakkuk 1:13)

Yet, the Quran teaches that Allah is the author of evil:
Verily, the hypocrites seek to deceive Allah, but it is He Who deceives them. And when they stand up for As-Salat (the prayer), they stand with laziness and to be seen of men, and they do not remember Allah but little. S. 4:142 Hilali-Khan
And (the unbelievers) schemed and planned, and Allah schemed also, and the best of schemers is Allah. S. 3:54

Are they then secure from Allah's scheme (makra Allahi)? None deemeth himself secure from Allah's scheme (makra Allahi) save folk that perish. S. 7:99 Pickthall

Remember how the unbelievers schemed against thee, to keep thee in bonds, or to slay thee, or get thee out (of thy home). They scheme and plot, but the best of schemers is Allah. S. 8:30

And when We make people taste of mercy after an affliction touches them, lo! they devise schemes (makrun) against Our communication. Say: Allah is quicker to scheme (makran); surely Our apostles write down what you plan. S. 10:21

And those before them did indeed scheme (makara), but all scheming (al-makru) is Allah's; He knows what every soul earns, and the unbelievers shall come to know for whom is the (better) issue of the abode. S. 13:42

So they schemed a scheme: and We schemed a scheme, while they perceived not. S. 27:50

The term for scheme in Arabic is makara which denotes one who is a deceiver, one who is conniving, a schemer. It is always used in a negative sense. Allah is thus seen as the best of deceivers, the premiere schemer and conniving one.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#171240 Apr 9, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Again you are making claims without understanding.
Quran was revealed during the Battle of Badr. So it is eyewitness and most accurate account of Battle of Badr.
Whatever else info you get is After the fact, so every thing MUST CONFORM to Quran and not the otherwise.
That is why I said, your logic is reversed.
You have no info of your self, only speculation and distorting the Islamic info and creating doubts into yours and who listen to you.
Actually you are making claims without understanding, as always.

Quran was revealed during the battle of Badr?

Has the battle of Badr lasted 23 years? LOL

The 8th chapter was supposed to be revealed AFTER the battle of Badr. The problem with that chapter that you keep to not understanding is that that chapter is fully anonymous. There is mention of names, places ect.

The only way to idenfity the battle described in that chapter is too take little and unsignificant details such as the one of the caravan and check from the non-quranic sources in what battle they are in. The point is that bmz doesnt accept non-quranic sources, and thus the identification is impossible. Not that with the other method was possible and easy.

Moreover, the only thing we know is that the Quran of today is the version kept by Uthman that for what we know he was not able to get the chronological order straight. The content is questionable then.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#171241 Apr 9, 2013
MUQ wrote:
I suspect that this Shamma could be the same guy who had taken the name "Thinker" some times back and now vanished from the thread.
You mean THINK and not THINKER.

Well, it's not a secret that Shamma is Skeptic and THINK.

Only now you figure this out? Good morning MUQ.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#171242 Apr 9, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop the mendacity
The ORIGINAL citation/quote did not say that.
Why cant you admit you goofed for once?
AD
GREECE
Son of God
Put the original quote up that you are gripping about?

And you will see that it is you Frijolie that is framing a falsehood.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#171243 Apr 9, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
You can say what you want MUQ, but that does not change the fact that your Allah god is Satan.
And you MUQ as a child of Satan must deny Gods truth.
The Holy Bible teaches that God cannot be tempted by evil and neither tempts anyone with evil; evil being understood as referring to immorality and sin. James 1:13 (c.f. Psalm 5:4-5; Habakkuk 1:13)
Yet, the Quran teaches that Allah is the author of evil:
Verily, the hypocrites seek to deceive Allah, but it is He Who deceives them. And when they stand up for As-Salat (the prayer), they stand with laziness and to be seen of men, and they do not remember Allah but little. S. 4:142 Hilali-Khan
And (the unbelievers) schemed and planned, and Allah schemed also, and the best of schemers is Allah. S. 3:54
Are they then secure from Allah's scheme (makra Allahi)? None deemeth himself secure from Allah's scheme (makra Allahi) save folk that perish. S. 7:99 Pickthall
Remember how the unbelievers schemed against thee, to keep thee in bonds, or to slay thee, or get thee out (of thy home). They scheme and plot, but the best of schemers is Allah. S. 8:30
And when We make people taste of mercy after an affliction touches them, lo! they devise schemes (makrun) against Our communication. Say: Allah is quicker to scheme (makran); surely Our apostles write down what you plan. S. 10:21
And those before them did indeed scheme (makara), but all scheming (al-makru) is Allah's; He knows what every soul earns, and the unbelievers shall come to know for whom is the (better) issue of the abode. S. 13:42
So they schemed a scheme: and We schemed a scheme, while they perceived not. S. 27:50
The term for scheme in Arabic is makara which denotes one who is a deceiver, one who is conniving, a schemer. It is always used in a negative sense. Allah is thus seen as the best of deceivers, the premiere schemer and conniving one.
Shamma, don't humiliate yourself any further. Yes the verses you brought show that Allah is gonna revenge against the unbelievers and those who created problem to Muhammad.

But have you read your Bible where your god killed off many people, like Egyptians, Canaanites, the entire world excpet few ect? Or when he made oracles against many nations?

Do the non-christians call your god, Satan for the evilness found the in the Bible?

It sounds that YHVH and Allah were both evils. None of you, Christians and Muslims is in position to call Satan the god of the other.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#171244 Apr 9, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont see any Son of God in that
Why did you spam us with that after I already posted the link? Are you DOUBLY blind?
Here is something for you to consider
http://www.the-ten-commandments.org/ninth_com...
The purpose and meaning of the Ninth Commandment; Christ and the truth
All you are saying is that you personally do not recognize Jesus as the Son of God.
And you are trying to frame a falsehood out your rejection of Jesus as being the Son of God.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#171245 Apr 9, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Shamma, don't humiliate yourself any further. Yes the verses you brought show that Allah is gonna revenge against the unbelievers and those who created problem to Muhammad.
But have you read your Bible where your god killed off many people, like Egyptians, Canaanites, the entire world excpet few ect? Or when he made oracles against many nations?
Do the non-christians call your god, Satan for the evilness found the in the Bible?
It sounds that YHVH and Allah were both evils. None of you, Christians and Muslims is in position to call Satan the god of the other.
If you were to read atheist's websites, you will often find complaints that the God of the Bible arbitrarily ordered the destruction of entire cities, such as Jericho, just to allow the Jews to have a homeland in the Middle East. How could a loving God command the destruction of all those "innocent" people?

The argument sounds good, but it is utterly false. The unstated assumption is that the people who God ordered destroyed were morally equivalent to the Jews, who replaced them. However, this is what the Bible says about the people who were destroyed:

"It is not for your righteousness or for the uprightness of your heart that you are going to possess their land, but it is because of the wickedness of these nations that the LORD your God is driving them out before you, in order to confirm the oath which the LORD swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.(Deuteronomy 9:5)

Okay, how "wicked" could those people have been? How about killing their own sons and daughters by burning them in sacrifices to their gods:

"You shall not behave thus toward the LORD your God, for every abominable act which the LORD hates they have done for their gods; for they even burn their sons and daughters in the fire to their gods.(Deuteronomy 12:31)

The wickedness of these people is confirmed in other verses of the Bible.3 So we see that these people are not quite as innocent as the atheists would like you to believe. The fact that these people practiced child sacrifice is also confirmed in the secular writings of the Greeks.4 Then again, maybe those atheists believe that killing your children is not all bad. After all, killing viable pre-born babies is legal in this country (it's called a choice, a.k.a. abortion). For these reasons (and others5), God ordered the destruction of the peoples whom the Israelites dispossessed.

Did God kill any innocent people along with the evil ones? When God was about to destroy the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah, Abraham asked God if He would destroy the cities if there were 50 righteous people in them.6 God said no. Then Abraham asked the same question if there were 45 righteous people. Every time he dropped the number and got the same answer.

The fact is that God would not have destroyed those cities if there were any righteous people in them. The few righteous who were in those cities He warned ahead of time to get out.7 So, God does not destroy the righteous along with the evil.

God's judgment of people groups found in the Old Testament actually pales in comparison to the judgment He will render at the end of time. According to the New Testament Book of Revelation, God will judge and kill billions of people who reject Him when Jesus returns, including 200 million killed in a single battle.8 Such large armies have never existed in the history of mankind until the last 100 years, suggesting the this judgment could come at any time.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#171246 Apr 9, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Put the original quote up that you are gripping about?
And you will see that it is you Frijolie that is framing a falsehood.
You are such an idiot that you forget your own posts

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/judaism/T...

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#171247 Apr 9, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>All you are saying is that you personally do not recognize Jesus as the Son of God.
And you are trying to frame a falsehood out your rejection of Jesus as being the Son of God.
No I am impolitely reminding you not to lie - stop making up quotes.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#171248 Apr 9, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont see any Son of God in that
Why did you spam us with that after I already posted the link? Are you DOUBLY blind?
Here is something for you to consider
http://www.the-ten-commandments.org/ninth_com...
The purpose and meaning of the Ninth Commandment; Christ and the truth
I asked you the Question on that post that you never answered.
Your link took me this post.

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok. We are making progress here.
God is no al/ar rachman either.
However, both "the rock" and "the compassionate" can be used as metaphoric nicknames, as evidenced in the Psalms and the Quran and in prayers.

Why do you include the jinn devil inspired pagan book the Quran?

Seems like you are just running around in a circle.

I answered all you other post.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#171249 Apr 9, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
No I am impolitely reminding you not to lie - stop making up quotes.
Show me were you say I lied?

I again accuse you of trying to frame a falsehood against me.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#171250 Apr 9, 2013
John wrote:
Hey muztards, I haven't heard any of you denounce terrorism or pack rape or paedophilia or any of the other sickening insane muztard behaviour that you deny happens.
So denounce the evil.
When are they releasing you from that toilet?
For terrorism speak to the invaders from abroad who destroyed and continue to destroy and plunder..many countries including iraq...libya..afghanistan...an d many more by killing millions of muslims.
For pedos please check with your masters in vatican who are trianed in the art of ped-o-fill-ya!
For rape, why don't you speak to daddy god who raped a virgin girl who was his "daughter" and then made her his "mother"?
Now this virgin girl has her own trinity..daughter/wife/mother of satan mangod.

Muslims denounce evil by DENOUNCING YOU!!

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#171251 Apr 9, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I want you to be honest. You f-ing liar.

You said: "Jesus said "'No one Comes to God the Father except thru Me, Jesus the Son of God.'"

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/judaism/T...

And, I want that quotation from Jesus. Word for Word.

As far as Jesus saying he is the son of G-d, all Jewish men are the son of G-d. What's so special about Jesus saying that.

As far as killing Jesus, you are the one who is doing that every day, 24 hours a day. The common question is WWJD-What would Jesus Do? The answer is anything that Shamma doesn't.
Thank you very much, Eric.

The opening line of your post was long overdue and shows what Shamma truly is.

Shalom
BMZ
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#171252 Apr 9, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Show me were you say I lied?
I again accuse you of trying to frame a falsehood against me.
Eric pointed out your lie.
I have been saying the same thing about "god" and "gods" in your famous misquotes from john!
Elders and pious Jews were seen as "gods"...Jesus being a Jew was entitled to be "son of god"
Skeptic you are in trouble again for lying through your dentures.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#171253 Apr 9, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Show me were you say I lied?
I again accuse you of trying to frame a falsehood against me.
If you had lied once or twice, one can tell you where you lied.

You lie so much through your teeth that one doesn't have to say that you lied.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#171254 Apr 9, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
Greece, the language of the nation of Greek
lol..
I am seriously thinking of writing the Quran in "greece" and then translating it back into Arabic to keep up with the NT in Aramaic!....lol..

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#171255 Apr 9, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
When are they releasing you from that toilet?
For terrorism speak to the invaders from abroad who destroyed and continue to destroy and plunder..many countries including iraq...libya..afghanistan...an d many more by killing millions of muslims.
For pedos please check with your masters in vatican who are trianed in the art of ped-o-fill-ya!
For rape, why don't you speak to daddy god who raped a virgin girl who was his "daughter" and then made her his "mother"?
Now this virgin girl has her own trinity..daughter/wife/mother of satan mangod.
Muslims denounce evil by DENOUNCING YOU!!
You can say what you want Alex but that does not change the fact that your Allah god is Satan.
And you Alex as a child of Satan must deny Gods truth.

The Holy Bible teaches that God cannot be tempted by evil and neither tempts anyone with evil; evil being understood as referring to immorality and sin. James 1:13 (c.f. Psalm 5:4-5; Habakkuk 1:13)

Yet, the Quran teaches that Allah is the author of evil:
Verily, the hypocrites seek to deceive Allah, but it is He Who deceives them. And when they stand up for As-Salat (the prayer), they stand with laziness and to be seen of men, and they do not remember Allah but little. S. 4:142 Hilali-Khan
And (the unbelievers) schemed and planned, and Allah schemed also, and the best of schemers is Allah. S. 3:54

Are they then secure from Allah's scheme (makra Allahi)? None deemeth himself secure from Allah's scheme (makra Allahi) save folk that perish. S. 7:99 Pickthall

Remember how the unbelievers schemed against thee, to keep thee in bonds, or to slay thee, or get thee out (of thy home). They scheme and plot, but the best of schemers is Allah. S. 8:30

And when We make people taste of mercy after an affliction touches them, lo! they devise schemes (makrun) against Our communication. Say: Allah is quicker to scheme (makran); surely Our apostles write down what you plan. S. 10:21

And those before them did indeed scheme (makara), but all scheming (al-makru) is Allah's; He knows what every soul earns, and the unbelievers shall come to know for whom is the (better) issue of the abode. S. 13:42

So they schemed a scheme: and We schemed a scheme, while they perceived not. S. 27:50

The term for scheme in Arabic is makara which denotes one who is a deceiver, one who is conniving, a schemer. It is always used in a negative sense. Allah is thus seen as the best of deceivers, the premiere schemer and conniving one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Splash X Damage (Apr '08) 14 hr Jahmahlol 6
News 'Everyone will be Muslim because of our stupidi... Jan 14 Einstein Nukes 16
News Harrogate mother says foster families are relig... (Nov '15) Dec 29 Sugar plum 50
News Who the Crusaders Are in 2016 Dec 28 Playa 7
confusion 3 Dec 26 taylor810 1
confusion Dec 26 taylor810 2
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Dec 26 Eagle 12 4,912
More from around the web