Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 252826 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#171063 Apr 7, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>This is the context of the word Ar-Haman- Al-Rahman was used in my post that uhuh quoted as being the Jewish God.
Read this post carefully before you comment again.
"With the Lord's divine authority firmly established, we return to "The Kingdom" surah. Qur'an 67:20 "Who is he that will send an army to assist you besides Ar-Rahman? The unbelievers are lost in delusion." Another motivation, another teaching is revealed. Ar-Rahman is a militaristic god with an army. Jihad would soon become Islam's most recognizable attribute, the means the messenger would use to abuse his adversaries.
As we discovered earlier, Ar-Rahman was a pagan rock idol with a House like Allah's. The two gods vied for attention. And it's clear that Allah was slighted in the early going. Not only hasn't he been mentioned thus far, he wouldn't find his way into Islam for quite some time. It's not a very nice way to treat the Lord of the House. So why choose this name?
Muslim scholars have no viable explanation as to why Muhammad called his Lord Ar-Rahman. The best they can do is say that god has many names and that Ar-Rahman became one of their god's attributes. But that's nonsense. Ar-Rahman was the name of a pagan deity, one much better known - at least outside the tiny village of Mecca - than Allah. He was an idol - not an attribute. Further, all of the initial religiosity contained in the early revelations mirrors the religion of the Hanifs - the followers of Ar-Rahman.
There are serious problems associated with the prophet choosing to name his spirit Ar-Rahman. When Muhammad ultimately migrated from the shallow doctrinal pool of the Hanifs to the unimaginably deep reservoir of the Jews, he was forced to claim that his Lord was their Lord - the Biblical God, Yahweh. Otherwise, why were all the characters and stories so similar? But that was problematic. Although Muhammad didn't know it, the God of the Bible had a name - Yahweh. He didn't know because the Jews were afraid to say it for fear of blasphemy. And since he was illiterate, Muhammad couldn't read any of the 6,868 times YHWH, or Yahweh, was written in their Scriptures. Just like our Bible translations today, when the Hebrew word says "Yahweh," God's personal name, we read and say "the Lord." But Joe is not Jim. Moses is not Muhammad. And Yahweh is neither Ar-Rahman nor Allah.
Ar-Rahman was an idol of a pagan religious group known as the Hanifs.
Muhammad used that idol as his God before he came up with the name Allah as a God.
So you are Saying Frijoles that the pagan Ar-Rahman idol is the Jewish God that Jews worship.
Just to let you know what you stuck your nose into.
Try to solve the numerous problems and absurdities in Christianity.

For example, study all the absurd doctrines and your pagan triune God, including your idol Jesus, who was turned into God of pagans by pagans.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#171064 Apr 7, 2013
Cults founded in the name of Jesus and Allah have murdered more people than cancer or AIDS put together.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#171065 Apr 7, 2013
While Jesus advocated the murder of those opposed to him, Muhammad was a mass murderer.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#171066 Apr 7, 2013
Rama was a mass murderer.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#171067 Apr 7, 2013
Krishna was a criminal who was responsible for the murder of hundreds of thousands of people during the Mahabharata War.
bmz

Singapore

#171068 Apr 7, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>This is the context of the word Ar-Haman- Al-Rahman was used in my post that uhuh quoted as being the Jewish God.
Read this post carefully before you comment again.
"With the Lord's divine authority firmly established, we return to "The Kingdom" surah. Qur'an 67:20 "Who is he that will send an army to assist you besides Ar-Rahman? The unbelievers are lost in delusion." Another motivation, another teaching is revealed. Ar-Rahman is a militaristic god with an army. Jihad would soon become Islam's most recognizable attribute, the means the messenger would use to abuse his adversaries.
As we discovered earlier, Ar-Rahman was a pagan rock idol with a House like Allah's. The two gods vied for attention. And it's clear that Allah was slighted in the early going. Not only hasn't he been mentioned thus far, he wouldn't find his way into Islam for quite some time. It's not a very nice way to treat the Lord of the House. So why choose this name?
Muslim scholars have no viable explanation as to why Muhammad called his Lord Ar-Rahman. The best they can do is say that god has many names and that Ar-Rahman became one of their god's attributes. But that's nonsense. Ar-Rahman was the name of a pagan deity, one much better known - at least outside the tiny village of Mecca - than Allah. He was an idol - not an attribute. Further, all of the initial religiosity contained in the early revelations mirrors the religion of the Hanifs - the followers of Ar-Rahman.
There are serious problems associated with the prophet choosing to name his spirit Ar-Rahman. When Muhammad ultimately migrated from the shallow doctrinal pool of the Hanifs to the unimaginably deep reservoir of the Jews, he was forced to claim that his Lord was their Lord - the Biblical God, Yahweh. Otherwise, why were all the characters and stories so similar? But that was problematic. Although Muhammad didn't know it, the God of the Bible had a name - Yahweh. He didn't know because the Jews were afraid to say it for fear of blasphemy. And since he was illiterate, Muhammad couldn't read any of the 6,868 times YHWH, or Yahweh, was written in their Scriptures. Just like our Bible translations today, when the Hebrew word says "Yahweh," God's personal name, we read and say "the Lord." But Joe is not Jim. Moses is not Muhammad. And Yahweh is neither Ar-Rahman nor Allah.
Ar-Rahman was an idol of a pagan religious group known as the Hanifs.
Muhammad used that idol as his God before he came up with the name Allah as a God.
So you are Saying Frijoles that the pagan Ar-Rahman idol is the Jewish God that Jews worship.
Just to let you know what you stuck your nose into.
Hello, Pagan

UhUh and Frijoles are right. You are talking nonsense.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#171069 Apr 7, 2013
COMING UP NEXT:

1) Kali worship and human and animal sacrifices as practiced in Left-Handed Tantra.

2) The meaning of the cosmic consciousness-force called Kali.

3) Does Kali as a force of consciousness have good as well as bad aspects? How is this so?
bmz

Singapore

#171070 Apr 7, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiot

What I am saying is that Arabic speakers have a nickname for God in the same way that Hebrew speakers have. The nickname is R-kh-m, which, depending on the syntax, means the Compassionate one

I wouldnt expect you to know this being that you are culturally illiterate, which was why I posted all of that for you
Brilliant!

Couldn't have said so well myself.

Thanks
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#171071 Apr 7, 2013
A SHOCKING POST ABOUT THE EVILS OF MY EX-MASTER IN THE NEAR FUTURE:

The crimes of my ex-Master and the terrible suffering I experienced by being mind-controlled by him.

Being unbiased and a lover of truth and justice, I'll narrate all the horrific details about this terrible person who was my Master till the recent past.
John

Wurtulla, Australia

#171072 Apr 7, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I reject the Sirah by fools like Ibn Ishaq, Ibn Hisham, Tabari, Ibn Sa'ad and some others. Those are accepted by polemicists and ignorant fools like you, who have not read material written by Muslim scholars.
I do not reject every Hadith. I reject only those, which are nonsense, absurd and do not stand correct under the scrutiny of Qur'aan.
Go to Islamic centres and find out. You have never done that.
You only reject the ones that expose mad mo as the sick creep that he was.
What a dishonest little muztard you are.
John

Wurtulla, Australia

#171073 Apr 7, 2013
JOEL wrote:
While Jesus advocated the murder of those opposed to him, Muhammad was a mass murderer.
Show us where "Jesus advocated the murder of those opposed to him".
John

Wurtulla, Australia

#171074 Apr 7, 2013
Hey look bmz, some more muztards showing the world how they "know the true God".
LOL.
http://shariaunveiled.wordpress.com/2012/05/2...
Muztards know God not. They are of their father Satan.
John

Wurtulla, Australia

#171075 Apr 7, 2013
More despicable behaviour from the muzz.
http://themuslimissue.wordpress.com/category/...
Muztards know God not. They are of their father Satan.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#171076 Apr 7, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep lying. You are good at that.
If those fools could read and write, there would been have twelve gospels.
Read Acts and know that Peter and John were unschooled/illiterate.
Foreigners screwed up the gospels.
Keep talking to your self.
They received the Holy Spirit of God and were enlightened with truth, wisdom, knowledge and understanding.
Simply Hate

Woodland Park, CO

#171077 Apr 7, 2013
Allah is a word that a religious freak says is great just before blowing up. Pretty Silly !!!
bmz

Singapore

#171078 Apr 7, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Keep talking to your self.
They received the Holy Spirit of God and were enlightened with truth, wisdom, knowledge and understanding.
That so-called Holy Spirit is a Bull Shit and does not exist besides God.

Location hidden

#171079 Apr 7, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
That so-called Holy Spirit is a Bull Shit and does not exist besides God.
You worship Satan, and there is nothing Holy about Satan.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#171080 Apr 8, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You worship Satan, and there is nothing Holy about Satan.
If any thing can be called as satanic....it would be that Three Headed Monster that you called as a Triune god..... that is more apt to be called as Satanic.

No prophet of God ever heard or told of this Three Headed Monster, in which Persons come out and them merge back into this Monster as and when they wish.

What is Holy about this Unholy Trinity of yours?
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#171081 Apr 8, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Keep talking to your self.
The "poor" holy spirit....is "enters and leaves" every Tom , Dick and Harry that calls himself as Christian.

As if it has nothing else to do, but keep going into and then going out of these bodies.

The "Poor" Holy Spirit, would you not hate to do this job, if you become "Holy Spirit"!!

Location hidden

#171082 Apr 8, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
If any thing can be called as satanic....it would be that Three Headed Monster that you called as a Triune god..... that is more apt to be called as Satanic.
No prophet of God ever heard or told of this Three Headed Monster, in which Persons come out and them merge back into this Monster as and when they wish.
What is Holy about this Unholy Trinity of yours?
There is only one way to enter into the Kingdom of God, and that is thru Jesus Christ the Son of God.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 1 hr Eagle 12 4,473
News Ancient Spirituality and Commerce Clash in Mari El (Aug '10) Sat yav1112 13
News Pastor: Church sign on Ramadan drew angry call,... Jun 20 The Prophet MO LIES 9
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) Jun 15 Jakes mom 112
News This Halloween, Think of Islam as a Religion of... May '16 Im a poet and I k... 2
News Who Is Allah? (Jul '08) May '16 Joel 13,168
News Atheist billboard near Lincoln Tunnel scheduled... (Nov '10) May '16 Patrick 219
More from around the web