Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 254067 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#171000 Apr 7, 2013
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
ISLAM & PLAGIARIZM: Here is another classic example of plagiarizm by the authors of the Koran:
Harut & Marut:
2:102 - They followed what the evil ones gave out (falsely) against the power of Solomon: the blasphemers Were, not Solomon, but the evil ones, teaching men Magic, and such things as came down at babylon to the angels Harut and Marut. But neither of these taught anyone (Such things) without saying: "We are only for trial; so do not blaspheme.........."
Encylopedia Brittanica asserts that the story itself parallels a Jewish legend about the fallen angels Shehamzai, Uzza, & Aza'el. The names Harut & Marut appear to etymologically related to those of Harruvatat and Ameretat, Zoroastrian archangels. Even Abduallah Yusuf Ali acknowledges that the source of the story is probably from the Jewish Midrash.
A question, Mahmood

This has nothing to do with Christianity.

When the writers of the New Testament quoted something from a poorly translated copy of the Jewish Holy Scriptures in Greek, did they plagiarize or they did not?

Names of Abraham, Sarah, Hagar, Ishmael, Isaiah, Jeremiah, David, etc., were mentioned and stories told. Would you call that plagiarism?

Any one can read and understand that Qur'aan is referring to events of the past. How come you fail to grasp?

Instead of making foolish remarks like internet junkies do, you should think.
bmz

Singapore

#171001 Apr 7, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
So you wrote so many words to say nothing? LOL
Why do you keep speaking about Hadiths when in my last post I didn't mention it? Are you really that desperate?

You have only said that the battle of Badr was mentioned in the 3rd chapter, but we were talking about the 8th chapter.

So once again show your ignorance off to your international readers and tell us where are the reference in the 8th chapter of Quran about Badr battle, when obviously that chapter doesnt mention any whatsover name, and when you were not an eyewitness?
There you go again with a foolish post.

I have already told you and Mahmood that Surah 8 talks about the battle at Badr. All I want you to do is to copy and paste a story on the battle at Badr.

Write the story and I will show you that the verses in Surah 8 are talking about that battle.

Do it instead of wriggling and do not be evasive. I need to educate you.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#171002 Apr 7, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
That assumes you have something intelligent to say. We have been through that discussion already. And the jury has rendered a verdict.
The jury is truth, and your jury has no truth.
Its a lynch mob.
Kill the infidel, rape, rob, and murder them, burn down their Churches, take women and children as slaves.
Bring them into submission, Allah Akbar

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#171003 Apr 7, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>The jury is truth, and your jury has no truth.
Its a lynch mob.
Kill the infidel, rape, rob, and murder them, burn down their Churches, take women and children as slaves.
Bring them into submission, Allah Akbar
Dont shoot the messenger, and we are not all Muslim, obviously

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#171004 Apr 7, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Just came back and noticed that members of the Jury were free to attend today.
7/10 is a high score.
The only times in my personal history that my posts have received such uniform acclaim is when making statements like that about Skeptic.
bmz

Singapore

#171005 Apr 7, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
The only times in my personal history that my posts have received such uniform acclaim is when making statements like that about Skeptic.
I have awarded you "I agree", "Brilliant", "Interesting" and "Helpful" on quite a few occasions, which had nothing to do with Sham.

Location hidden

#171006 Apr 7, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Trust me, Shamma. There is nothing rational and logical in Christianity. The name Christianity is itself illogical and makes no sense.
The true God has nothing to do with the New Testament and remains DUMB in it. Nay! The God of your Bible is not impeccable.
The trune God or the Trinity IS a big fraud. No one can deny this fact!
All you are doing is babbling.
Muslims care nothing about truth.
Muslims are the image of Muhammad the rapist, robber, murder and liar.
All the war battles Muhammad fought over were for political power.

Location hidden

#171007 Apr 7, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont shoot the messenger, and we are not all Muslim, obviously
What does it matter, your view point towards Christians is the same as Muslims.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#171008 Apr 7, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again with a foolish post.
I have already told you and Mahmood that Surah 8 talks about the battle at Badr. All I want you to do is to copy and paste a story on the battle at Badr.
Write the story and I will show you that the verses in Surah 8 are talking about that battle.
Do it instead of wriggling and do not be evasive. I need to educate you.
But how can an ignorant be in position to educate anyone? Is this world flat by any chance?

You made a claim and now it’s up to you to back it up, not me or any other because you don’t know the answer of your own affirmation.

You know quite well you are in a mess for the following reasons:

1) The battle described in the 8th chapter of Quran is anonymous

2) No eyewitness survived up to this day that can confirm the bad written story in that 8th chapter is indeed the battle of Badr.

3) The only sources available are the external quranic materials that are not trustable, and came out centuries later the supposed event. But then according to your hypocrite brain Quran stands supreme as Scripture in Islam, so no external quranic materials can be taken. Since Quran doesn’t explicity say it’s Badr battle in the 8th chapter, you dug a hole for yourself.

This is why I am not surprised seeing yourself so clumsy, confused, evasive and desperate on the matter. Anyway, your evasiveness and desperation say all.

Location hidden

#171009 Apr 7, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignorant and incompetent fools always laugh their arses out when they cannot respond and when they are unable to refute the facts.
Now, give it a try again as I do not want you to wriggle and run away:
That is a lie and a forgery in Matthew.
I have told you many times that Matthew and John are full pf forgeries and absurd edits.
Peter was a Jew. So, it is quite obvious that he did not call him the Son of the living or the dead God.
Let me burst this lie:
Mark 8:29 "Peter answered, "You are the Messiah." "
Luke 9:20 "Peter answered, "God's Messiah.""
So, it is two against Matthew. And don't forget that Matthew and Luke copied wholesale from Mark.
And the forgery continues:
Matthew 16:17 Jesus replied,“Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven."
This is another forgery. Read John 1:41
"The first thing Andrew did was to find his brother Simon and tell him,“We have found the Messiah”(that is, the Christ). 42 And he brought him to Jesus." "
So, it was not the Father in heaven, who said that. It was Peter's brother Andrew, his flesh and blood, who told him that he had found God's messiah. No Son of God reported by John.
So, Matthew bullshitted!
The facts are the Muslim god Allah is not the same God of the Bible.
Muhammad tried to steal the Christian Son God Jesus away from Christians.
Just as you are doing now Muslim.
The Christian Son God Jesus established Him self on earth 6 hundred years before Muhammad was born, yet in Muhammad's religion book he says that the Christian God has no Son.
And Muhammad went on a killing spree to kill Christian hat believe in the Christian Son of God.

Show me where the Christian God gave Muhammad permission to kill Christians for their belief in the Christian Son of God?
Mahmood

Schomberg, Canada

#171010 Apr 7, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Just help out Colonna. Poor chap is struggling like you. Write something about the battle and when you write, my point that the verses in Surah 8 were referring to the battle at Badr, will stand.
Sirah is neither history of Islam nor Hadith.
I'm not struggling? You are the one who has his foot stuck in the mud. Let me give you a synopsis of it all started. A large caravan of merchandise was heading for Mecca. Abu Sufiyan got wind of the imminent attack by Mohammad and his gang of brigands and sent a message to Mecca while choosing an alternate route....the rest is history. Ofcourse, my source is Ben Issac(the Jew).

Now lets hear your version & source please?
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#171011 Apr 7, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
I fully agree with your penultimate paragraph...
My post was not challenging the piety of Jews.
My point was quite simple...
The Jews awaited their Messiah and still await him.
Their questions to any messiah candidate would NOT suggest that they were "awaiting G-d in the form of a human messiah".
I am referring to their questions to a potential messiah and not their actions based on the response from the candidate!
rabbee: well their is your muslem idea of a messiah, the christians ideal of a messiah, the jewish idea of a messiah. and then their is G-D'S Idea of TheMosheeach. and none of this worlds ideas of a messiah, is in agreement with G-D'S Idea of this.

probably not a good idea, to bad mouth any idea of a messiah. because you just never truly know, who is your next door neighbor. and just might be hiding, behind some fake name.
bmz

Singapore

#171012 Apr 7, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>All you are doing is babbling.
Muslims care nothing about truth.
Muslims are the image of Muhammad the rapist, robber, murder and liar.
All the war battles Muhammad fought over were for political power.
This was the best example of babbling long after the eleven disciples consumed Toddy and babbled.

There were no kingdoms or kings or governments there, fool!

Muhammad and Muslims fought pagans, who were attacking Muslims. They were not sissy like your Jesus and his boneless disciples.

Location hidden

#171013 Apr 7, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
A question, Mahmood
This has nothing to do with Christianity.
When the writers of the New Testament quoted something from a poorly translated copy of the Jewish Holy Scriptures in Greek, did they plagiarize or they did not?
Names of Abraham, Sarah, Hagar, Ishmael, Isaiah, Jeremiah, David, etc., were mentioned and stories told. Would you call that plagiarism?
Any one can read and understand that Qur'aan is referring to events of the past. How come you fail to grasp?
Instead of making foolish remarks like internet junkies do, you should think.
They were Jews translating their own Scripture.
You bull-shit Muslim.
Muhammad was nothing more than a rapist, robber, Murder and a liar.
Mahmood

Schomberg, Canada

#171014 Apr 7, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Just help out Colonna. Poor chap is struggling like you. Write something about the battle and when you write, my point that the verses in Surah 8 were referring to the battle at Badr, will stand.
Sirah is neither history of Islam nor Hadith.
You have valid reasons for rejecting Sira and hadith, because they were written hundreds of years after the fact. But what other Islamic history do you have? The whole Islamic literary corpus is suprious and sketchy, especially the early years. Unlike the Ottomans, the dessert dwelling Arabs did not believe in archiving, as result, Islamic history, particulary its first 100 years is not to be trusted.
bmz

Singapore

#171015 Apr 7, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>The facts are the Muslim god Allah is not the same God of the Bible.
Muhammad tried to steal the Christian Son God Jesus away from Christians.
Just as you are doing now Muslim.

The Christian Son God Jesus established Him self on earth 6 hundred years before Muhammad was born, yet in Muhammad's religion book he says that the Christian God has no Son.
And Muhammad went on a killing spree to kill Christian hat believe in the Christian Son of God.

Show me where the Christian God gave Muhammad permission to kill Christians for their belief in the Christian Son of God?
First tell me who were the bloody fools who said that Jesus was the Christian Son God?

Muhammad did not require any permission from this non-existing silly and absurd Christian God, the Fraud.

Muhammad declared that Jesus was not the son of God and that God did not have a son. Muhammad also condemned the triune Christian God, which is absurd.

There can only be one God. Anyone, who says that theer are three Gods in a Godhead is an idiot!
bmz

Singapore

#171016 Apr 7, 2013
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not struggling? You are the one who has his foot stuck in the mud. Let me give you a synopsis of it all started. A large caravan of merchandise was heading for Mecca. Abu Sufiyan got wind of the imminent attack by Mohammad and his gang of brigands and sent a message to Mecca while choosing an alternate route....the rest is history. Ofcourse, my source is Ben Issac(the Jew).
Now lets hear your version & source please?
There you are. At least you tried, but Colonna, the clueless fool did not quote anything.

The caravan is mentioned as "Ghaira zaatis-shaukath" in 8:7-8, so one party was the armed enemy
and the other unarmed was the caravan.

And this had happened at Badr.

Abu Sufiyan, the smart ass quickly took his caravan and ran away. When he was asked why was he running away and where was his honour, he replied, "My honour is on the back of my camels". This is also from your sources. lol!

After the battle was over and your brothers and wakeels, the Meccan pagans were humbled, the Muslims divided the spoils of the battle. This was the first spoil they had gained and the Surah was titled "Spoils" which means Anfaal in Arabic. 

You should ask, if you do not know, instead of making junk comments, Mahmood.

You need to read the entire Qur'aan. You have read only cherry-picked verses brought up by the ignorant fools, Christian polemicists and other bloody fools.

Good night
bmz

Singapore

#171017 Apr 7, 2013
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
You have valid reasons for rejecting Sira and hadith, because they were written hundreds of years after the fact. But what other Islamic history do you have? The whole Islamic literary corpus is suprious and sketchy, especially the early years. Unlike the Ottomans, the dessert dwelling Arabs did not believe in archiving, as result, Islamic history, particulary its first 100 years is not to be trusted.
It shows how ignorant you are, Mahmood. Arabs were meticulous. They are the ones, who educated the Turks and many others.

There you go again writing a foolish and a junk post. Will write tomorrow.

Location hidden

#171018 Apr 7, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
This was the best example of babbling long after the eleven disciples consumed Toddy and babbled.
There were no kingdoms or kings or governments there, fool!
Muhammad and Muslims fought pagans, who were attacking Muslims. They were not sissy like your Jesus and his boneless disciples.
You bull-shit.
Muhammad did evil in the eyes of God by attacking everyone that rejected him and his religion til they submitted to Muhammad's rule.
Every Muslim is obligated to be loyal to the political agenda of Muhammad's Quran.
The setting up of the evil Sharia law in every country in the world.

uhuh

Spain

#171019 Apr 7, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Amneh, the mother of Mohammed was the niece of Soda bint Zahreh, the priest of Jinn at Mecca. We saw that the reason Abdel Mutaleb took Amneh as a wife for Abdullah was due to her aunt Soda bint Zehra.[xv][15]
Mohammed was known to have suffered from trances since his childhood because Amneh, his mother, brought on him a ruqya, or bewitching.[xvi][16]
you've copied from.. Religion Research Institute, whose VISION: the study of ancient manuscripts to enlighten every Muslim

the article's major source is "Halabieh", i.e. Sirah al-Halabiyyah by Ali Burhanuddin al-Halabi, from the 15th century
..ancient manuscript indeed

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 1 hr Patrick 4,838
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) 5 hr thetruth 807
News Remembering a Christian and a Jew who traced an... Mon Frijoles 15
Anyone still at this forum Aug 23 Sarah Good 1
When do you know if you are truly Wiccan? (Nov '07) Aug 11 Tekmoses 137
Convert me from Agnostic to Atheist Jul '16 ATHEOI 2
Astrology and Paganism Jun '16 Wolf 1
More from around the web