Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments (Page 8,028)

Showing posts 160,541 - 160,560 of199,465
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well apparently bang phrases, are your expertease and not logic. and bang phrases are, generally counter-productive prejudice. and are meant as an insult, and not enlightenment. cause your logic, is weak and unfounded.
Thank you, Rabbee
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
That Jesus is God, is a Bull Shit, Robert.
I don't know who were the ignorant fools, who started making that silly and absurd statement.
rabbee: well don't care if you all give adam and his mate a fake name. it still won't prevent, TheG-D of TheTorah. from putting Them in charge, for the final day again. but at the rate of your, fake name disguised insults. i am not sure you shall live long enough, to see this happening again in TheTorah. especially since it disproves, everything muhammed said about me and G-D here in TheTorah again.

so if any of your other g-ds, does not meet TheStandard of G-D actually here in TheTorah. then may i suggest, your being not here in TheTorah conned again. and as long as we refuse to make it to GanEden, TheTorah always ends and beguins with TheFlood. just because you all do not believe, TheG-D of TheTorah can do it all over again.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

ana wrote:
<quoted text>
..it was common for people to marry very young, this was not something unique to Islam.... And the marriage was consummated as soon as the girl started her menses....this was considered normal then,
..People also didn't live as long then... The life span tended to be much shorter, this happened before and after the time of prophet Mohamed peace be upon him...people's social and financial circumstance was different... Especially a woman's, Islam actually gave women rights which they were denied before..
And it happened 1400 years or so ago
See examples below of examples other than islam throughout history
.. Princess Isabella of France marries Richard II in 1396 when she is seven, although she has the opportunity to change her mind later.
Lady Margaret Beaufort is 13 when she gives birth to the future Henry VII in 1457. But in 1414, a Welsh couple are sent to Henry V as a 'marvel' because they have had a baby: allegedly, she is seven and he is nine.
The Age of consent for girls in America before the 19th century was as low as 10!(I wonder what it would've been if America existed at the time of Prophet Mohammad 1400 hundred years ago?!) and these same Americans criticize the prophet of Islam for marrying a 9 year old girl 1400 hundred years ago while in their own country NOT 1400 years ago but ONLY 100 years ago the age of consent for girls was as low as 10, hilarious indeed.
... American reformers were shocked to discover that the laws of most states set the age of consent at the age of ten or twelve, and in one state, Delaware, the age of consent was only seven.
The age of consent for heterosexual acts was set at 12 in 1275 and remained so for six centuries.
..In the talmud, girls were married off at the age of 3.
In one of the bibles, Joseph was 90 years old when he married 12 to 14-year old Mary
Salaams Sister, you got to watch out for many fake "alex"'s.

Our beloved mother Aisha (ra), upheld the great dignity of our Holy Prophet and his beloved companions especially Hazrat Abu Bakr (ra), the first caliph of Islam and the Father of Mother Aisha (ra)

There is GREAT WISDOM behind the marriage.

1. Mother Aisha (ra) was probably closer to the Holy Prophet than others and outlived the main Caliphs who passed away by 661AD. She was alive until 678AD..

2. Rasoolullah (saw) knew that his time on earth was limited. His companions were also getting older except Hazrat Ali (ra).
Through mentoring, guiding and by giving the best of theoretical and practical education to a very trusted younger person, he ensured that the message remained fresh, clean and clear for long enough for it to be established properly.
Mother Aisha (ra) was alive until 678AD after the Holy Prophet passed away in 632AD. That was another 42 years of keeping the message alive. We can see the results today!

Mother Aisha (ra) is known as "ummul-muminun," -“the mother of the believers” and as the daughter of Hazrat Abu Bakr (ra), she is known by the title of "as-Siddiqa" -“the devoted/ affirmer of truth”.
With her superior qualities, such as intelligence, her powerful faith, wise speech and profound understanding of the Qur’an and our Prophet (saw), all bestowed on her by Allah, she is an exemplary Muslim for all believers.

She played a key role in the emergence of Islam, and took active role in social reform of the Islamic culture.Not only was she VERY supportive of our Prophet, but she added scholarly intelligence to the development of Islam.
Mother Aisha (ra) was known for her "expertise in the Qur'an, shares of inheritance, lawful and unlawful matters, poetry, Arabic literature, Arab history, genealogy, and general medicine.". Her intelligence and contributions regarding the verbal texts of Islam were in time transcribed into written form, becoming the official history of Islam. After the death of our Prophet, she was ascribed as the most reliable source in matters concerning Quran and Sunnah.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Robert Laity wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus IS GOD. Allah is a false god referred to as "god of the moon".
Mr Laity!
If Jesus the Jewish man is your god, you must thank every person who helped "kill" him to save you.

When did Jesus say "I AM YOUR GOD WHO HAS COME TO EARTH AS MY OWN SON TO DIE ON A ROMAN CROSS FOR SINS OF GENTILES"?

You have LIED twice... allow me to correct you..
1. Jesus is NOT God.
2. Allah is God.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
The instruction came from G-d, Rabbee. It is in TheTorah.
It is not about lineage. It is about following Abraham, who was greater than Jesus and many others.
rabbee: it is only meant for, the Evareem Direct Linage of Avraham recognition. it is not meant, for every tom dick and harry who feels like it. it is not a good idea, to do this. unless you can actually trace your linage, back to Avraham. otherwise it is bearing false wittness, for the sake of critter vanity.

i can trace my linage forward to Avraham, not actually back to it. Yeshooah Adam's Linage, can only be traced directly to G-D, and not to Avraham. Adam has no actual, Mother and Father on earth. and only HisSurrogate Mother's Linage, can be traced back to Avraham. and Adam always arrives, by Surrogate Virgin Mother birth to this world. G-D has always brought Adam, into this world the exact same way. it shall never change, here in TheTorah from G-D.

and i still do not appreciate, the name jesus for both adam and his mate. it is also bearing false, not here in TheTorah talking critter wittness. that fake name for Adam, is causing all kind problems of false wittness confusion. we are all physically here, in TheTorah from G-D again. as we have never physically been in, any other story from other g-ds.

we are not in any other kind, of new testament tanach. we are all here, in TheTorah Happening from HaShem G-D just again. TheTorah which began with the deluvian, and should we not make it to GanEden here in TheTorah. shall also end with the deluvian, to beguin again.

if you use any other testament, except TheTorah. then you are being decieved, by some other errant new testament of alleged as men.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>First you have to be truthful, and acknowledge that your Allah God is not the God of Israel.
OK!!!!!!!!!!

Do us all a small favour.
Do you worship the God of Israel?
Technically L-rd G-d of Jews has been referred to by that name.
Why don't you join them in the worship of their God instead of worshipping a naked pagan satan oozing off a phallic pole seducing you to bite his flesh and such his bloody juices?

If you join the Jews in synagogues in the worship of their G-d, I shall take my hat off to you and leave you well alone!

Deal?
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, Rabbee
rabbee: well thank HaShem G-D, for commanding me to finally start only telling the truth. otherwise you have no idea, of how good of a liar i could be. so if i am finally, telling TheTruth. blame it all on G-D, for doing this to me again.
Mahmood

Mississauga, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
But isn't Muhammad a prophet of god? And as such shouldn't he be an example for mankind to which each of us has to follow, not matter what age he lived at? If the others did something wrong, what sense does it make that even the prophet of god, the called perfect man make the same mistakes?
What kind of example for mankind is a man of over 50 years old to marry a six years old baby and have sex with her when she turned to 9. Muhammad was obviously a pedophile, and Allah, the god was pleased of that.
When I think of it, I really laugh and at the same time I am disgusted about your prophet and his god and to all Muslims who run to defend a pedophile, especially if the lawyer is a girl/woman, like your case.
If Islamic history (written by Muslims) is believable, Mohammad did some terrible things as a warlord that he was. Not only that, he vaunts some those dastardly deeds in the Koran, such as killing, enslaving, and burning property.

33:26 - And He brought those of the People of the Scripture who supported them down from their strongholds, and cast panic into their hearts. Some ye slew, and ye made captive some.

Regarding burning and destroying property, read Sura 59.
Mahmood

Mississauga, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

ana wrote:
<quoted text>
Out of context, you can't pick and mix sections of the Quran you need to understand it and what it is referring to, for example 8:12
This verse and the verses before and after were revealed about the Battle of Badr, which occurred in Arabia in the early seventh century. A battle in which the pagans of Makkah traveled more than 200 miles to Madinah with an army of about 1000 to destroy Muslims. Prophet Muhammad peace be on him and fellow Muslims had suffered severe persecutions and torture for 13 years in the city of Makkah. And now that they had fled Makkah and found a sanctuary in the city of Madinah, they were once again threatened. The Muslim Army was only about 300 strong. God Almighty gave the order to Muslims to fight to defend their lives and faith. The enemy came to them with the intent to kill Muslims. It was a war to defend themselves and their Faith. It was a war imposed upon Muslims.
This Surah / section of the Quran is speaking about this as above
All that you have quoted are taken out of context of the exact meaning, you can't just take extracts like that you need to understand what it relates to as a whole ... What is written before and after
Really I wouldn't practise a religion which encouraged violence....
Stop being ignorant
Contextualizing as verse is a human endeavour posited by Islamic scholars centuries after the fact - its all guess work. Nowhere in the first 15 verses of the Sura 8 is Badr mentioned, therefore we can never be sure in what context the verse applies.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Christianity, Jesus died a Sinner.
Yes true, and using their curious logic he continues to be a Sinner by diverting worship away from GOD to him! lol..

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
If Islamic history (written by Muslims) is believable, Mohammad did some terrible things as a warlord that he was. Not only that, he vaunts some those dastardly deeds in the Koran, such as killing, enslaving, and burning property.
33:26 - And He brought those of the People of the Scripture who supported them down from their strongholds, and cast panic into their hearts. Some ye slew, and ye made captive some.
Regarding burning and destroying property, read Sura 59.
I don't take for good 100% of what the Muslims have written by Muhammad, but I guess much of it is trustable. If Muhammad was a pious man, as Muslims believe, you would have seen or read that all actions made by him were peaceful, like say the Nazarene. If Muslims wrote about Muhammad like that most likely because he was a very evil person, and apparently Allah was pleased by that behaviour, also because Allah appear to be another evil entity.

As for sura 59 I found only this which is the second verse.

It is He who expelled the ones who disbelieved among the People of the Scripture from their homes at the first gathering. You did not think they would leave, and they thought that their fortresses would protect them from Allah ; but [the decree of] Allah came upon them from where they had not expected, and He cast terror into their hearts [so] they destroyed their houses by their [own] hands and the hands of the believers. So take warning, O people of vision.

It doesn't explicity tell or involve Muhammad. Thus he may have partecipated to destroy houses, or given the command to, or was there to watch, letting his soldiers doing what they wanted to.
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
OK!!!!!!!!!!
Do us all a small favour.
Do you worship the God of Israel?
Technically L-rd G-d of Jews has been referred to by that name.
Why don't you join them in the worship of their God instead of worshipping a naked pagan satan oozing off a phallic pole seducing you to bite his flesh and such his bloody juices?
If you join the Jews in synagogues in the worship of their G-d, I shall take my hat off to you and leave you well alone!
Deal?
Me too, bro
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
Contextualizing as verse is a human endeavour posited by Islamic scholars centuries after the fact - its all guess work. Nowhere in the first 15 verses of the Sura 8 is Badr mentioned, therefore we can never be sure in what context the verse applies.
Yes, you are right in saying that you can never be sure because you have not really read Qur'aan at all. Any one, who reads Qur'aan can understand easily that it talks about Badr.

Ana was right. Surah 8 Al-Anfaal talks about events at Badr and it was revealed after the battle of Badr.

Regarding the name Badr, it is mentioned in Surah 3 Ale-Imraan, verse 123
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

<quoted text>
rabbee: well don't care if you all give adam and his mate a fake name. it still won't prevent, TheG-D of TheTorah. from putting Them in charge, for the final day again. but at the rate of your, fake name disguised insults. i am not sure you shall live long enough, to see this happening again in TheTorah. especially since it disproves, everything muhammed said about me and G-D here in TheTorah again.
so if any of your other g-ds, does not meet TheStandard of G-D actually here in TheTorah. then may i suggest, your being not here in TheTorah conned again. and as long as we refuse to make it to GanEden, TheTorah always ends and beguins with TheFlood. just because you all do not believe, TheG-D of TheTorah can do it all over again.
No, Rabbee. I will never give Adam and his mate, fake names. I will never call them Jesus and mary Magdalene. Promise.

Shalom
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes true, and using their curious logic he continues to be a Sinner by diverting worship away from GOD to him! lol..
And may the God forgive Jesus, who was created a sin and died a sinner, for all the sins he bore. Amen!

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you are right in saying that you can never be sure because you have not really read Qur'aan at all. Any one, who reads Qur'aan can understand easily that it talks about Badr.
Ana was right. Surah 8 Al-Anfaal talks about events at Badr and it was revealed after the battle of Badr.
Mahmood is completely right, while you're lying through your teeth. In chapter 8th there is no way you can deduce it was about the Badr battle since there is no mention of it, but it's clear that it talks about a battle.

The only way to understand which battle that chapter is referring to is to read the Hadiths,a compilation of tales. No external books like Hadiths Quran would be incomprehensible, as no one can have any clue about which place, time ect is the book referring to.

You are correct that Quran 3:123 mentions Badr but here it underlines a gross problem. If Quran Al-Anfal (8th chapter) was revealed after the battle of Badr, how is it possible that Ali Imran (3rd chapter) therefore 5 chapters before the previous one, already mention Badr?

If the battle referred to 8th chapter is rightly identified as of Badr, then it means that the chronological order of Quran is a mess. Uthman made things up.

If Quran contains this problems, rely on extra quranic sources for better understanding, messed chronological order, what else should we expect from the so called perfect book, the uncorrupt word of god?
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Mahmood is completely right, while you're lying through your teeth. In chapter 8th there is no way you can deduce it was about the Badr battle since there is no mention of it, but it's clear that it talks about a battle.
The only way to understand which battle that chapter is referring to is to read the Hadiths,a compilation of tales. No external books like Hadiths Quran would be incomprehensible, as no one can have any clue about which place, time ect is the book referring to.
You are correct that Quran 3:123 mentions Badr but here it underlines a gross problem. If Quran Al-Anfal (8th chapter) was revealed after the battle of Badr, how is it possible that Ali Imran (3rd chapter) therefore 5 chapters before the previous one, already mention Badr?
If the battle referred to 8th chapter is rightly identified as of Badr, then it means that the chronological order of Quran is a mess. Uthman made things up.
If Quran contains this problems, rely on extra quranic sources for better understanding, messed chronological order, what else should we expect from the so called perfect book, the uncorrupt word of god?
I try my level best to ignore most of your silly posts. Now, you come up with another foolish post.
Chronology was not set by dates or the period.

Now, where does Hadith describe and explain Surah 8 or any other Surah?

Hadith came 3 centuries later and Hadith is just a collection of tales and narrations. Hadith is not our Scripture.

Qur'aan stands Supreme in Islam as the Scripture.

bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

if you use any other testament, except TheTorah. then you are being decieved, by some other errant new testament of alleged as men.
No, Rabbee

I will never use the OT and the NT, the News Testament. Both books have been forged.
Mahmood

Mississauga, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know it talks about Badr? To begin with, you reject all traditions and tafsirs, and yet when it comes to crunch time, you bank on them. We are talking about Anfaal and not Imran, so dont bring Imran in the picture.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
And may the God forgive Jesus, who was created a sin and died a sinner, for all the sins he bore. Amen!
FROM IBN ISHAQ'S "SIRAT RASULALLAH", translated as, "THE LIFE OF MUHAMMAD" by A. Guillaume, page 243.

"I have heard that it was of him that the apostle said, "Whoever wants to see Satan let him take a look at Nabtal b. al-Harith!" He was a sturdy black man with long flowing hair, inflamed eyes, and dark ruddy cheeks. He used to come and talk to the apostle and listen to him and then carry what he had said to the hypocrites. It was he who said: "Muhammad is all ears: if anyone tells him anything he believes it." God sent down concerning him: "And of them are those who annoy the prophet and say he is all ears, Say: Good ears for you. He believes in God and trusts the believers and is a mercy for those of you who believe; and those who annoy the apostle of God for them there is a painful punishment." (Sura 9:61)

COMMENT
Muhammad knew many people who were against him, some of them were tough, proven warriors. But of all the people, Muhammad picked out a peculiar looking black man and said that Satan looked like him! Muhammad said that Satan looks like a Negro! Certainly there were unusual looking Arab men in the area, but Muhammad picked out a black man as the image of Satan. Why?

QUESTIONS
Why would God allow Satan to put his words in Muhammad's mouth, and then make light of it? Shouldn't someone speaking the word of God be held accountable?

1) How is yawning from Satan?

2) How can Satan be everywhere touching new-born infants?

3) If Satan can be physical or spiritual, why did he allow Abu Huraira and Muhammad to capture him?

4) Why did Muhammad say Satan looks like a black man?

CONCLUSION

The Hadith clearly portrays the workings of Muhammad's mind. He accepted superstitions, myths, and made bizarre declarations whenever he had to say something about an event, or something he didn't understand.

Muhammad said that Satan's cunning was weak, but Satan tricked Muhammad into teaching and performing idol worship, and Satan was partly responsible for the harsh Muslim defeat at Uhud. These contradictions delineate Muhammad's ever changing ideas.

Muhammad was a very superstitious man. These statements prove that Muhammad was not listening to God, but to the machinations of his mind. Islam is partly built upon the Hadith; Islam is part superstition.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 160,541 - 160,560 of199,465
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••