Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments (Page 8,019)

Showing posts 160,361 - 160,380 of193,562
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Your stupidity is proof enough.
The Bible explains it all Alex.
I LMAO at your attempt to express intelligence.
You come across as clown.
The sad part is that you don't see yet, Shamma, and I use the word 'yet' there because I hope one day you will see.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

ana wrote:
<quoted text>
Salam Alex
I don't mind so much one having their own religious beliefs as the Quran states:
The Qur'an refers to Christians and Jews as "People of the Book" and calls on Muslims to respect them. In more than one Qur'anic passage, Christian and Jewish believers are specifically mentioned as having God's favor:
Be they Muslims, Jews, Christians, or Sabaeans,
Those who believe in God and the Last Day
And who do well
Have their reward with their Lord.
They have nothing to fear,
And they will not sorrow.(Qur'an: 2:62 and 5:69)
There are also another verse in Quran where Allah says that Christians, Jews that believe only to certain prophets will go to hell. Since all of them reject Muhammad as prophet of their god, automatically that verse contradict the ones you brought.
A Muslim then will treat Christians and Jews according to the verse s/he picks.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

ana wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok send me quotations from the Quran not the examples of criminals or people but from the Quran
Does one really need to provide verses in Quran, where violence is found a bit everywhere, to a Muslim?

Quran 3:56 As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help

Quran 8:12 I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them

Quran 8:39 And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and polytheism: i.e. worshipping others besides Allah) and the religion (worship) will all be for Allah Alone [in the whole of the world]. But if they cease (worshipping others besides Allah), then certainly, Allah is All-Seer of what they do.

Quran 8:55 Indeed, the worst of living creatures in the sight of Allah are those who have disbelieved, and they will not [ever] believe.

ect

ect

ect

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You reasoning is illogical.
LMAO!
You don't know how dumb you really are.
Actually, you are dumb and speechless because you were not able to refute anything. Try again!

Anyway, that Jesus is God, is Bull Shit! If you like, make it a Horse shit!

If one has love for God, one would honour the prophet. Nobody was honouring Jesus as God.
Honouring means respecting the person, obeying him and following him.

All Glory, Praise and Honour belongs only to God but not to any man!!!

bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow...now that is sheer brilliance, NOT!
lol!

That was a very long explanation from Shamma.
Beulah Bondi

Napa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Your comments of a true believer NQ. May God bless you.
Smiles...I have increased the number of "gods" that make this godhead abomination.
1. God= father of son of "GOD"
2. God= father of son of "god the father"
3. God= ghost of father of son of "GOD"
4. God= ghost of father of son of "god the father"
5. God= spirit of father of son of "GOD"
6. God= spirit of father of son of "god the father"
7. God= son of man (son of Adam)
8. God= son of man (son of David)
9. God= son of man (son of Joseph)
10. God= son of "GOD" (who encompasses god the father)
11. God= son of "god the father" (who is part of GOD)
12. God= son of god the Holy Spirit (who is part of GOD)
13. God= son of god the holy ghost (who is part of GOD)
14. God= ghost of son of man (son of Adam)
15. God= ghost of son of man (son of David)
16. God= ghost of son of man (son of Joseph)
17. God= ghost of son of "GOD"
18. God= ghost of son of "god the father"
19. God= ghost of son of "god the holy spirit"
20. God= ghost of son of "god the holy ghost"
21. God= spirit of son of man (son of Adam)
22. God= spirit of son of man (son of David)
23. God= spirit of son of man (son of Joseph)
24. God= spirit of son of "GOD"
25. God= spirit of son of "god the father"
26. God= spirit of son of "god the holy spirit"
27. God= spirit of son of "god the holy ghost"
28. God= ghost of spirit of father of son of "GOD"
29. God= ghost of spirit of father of son of "god the father"
30. God= ghost of spirit of son of man (son of Adam)
31. God= ghost of spirit of son of man (son of David)
32. God= ghost of spirit of son of man (son of Joseph)
33. God= ghost of spirit of son of "GOD"
34. God= ghost of spirit of son of "god the father"
35. God= ghost of spirit of son of god the holy spirit
36. God= ghost of spirit of son of god the holy ghost
37. God= spirit of ghost father of son of "GOD"
38. God= spirit of ghost of father of son of "god the father"
39. God= spirit of ghost of son of man (son of Adam)
40. God= spirit of ghost of son of man (son of David)
41. God= spirit of ghost of son of man (son of Joseph)
42. God= spirit of ghost of son of "GOD"
43. God= spirit of ghost of son of "god the father"
44. God= spirit of ghost of son of god the holy spirit
45. God= spirit of ghost of son of god the holy ghost
46. God= "Risen" Jesus
47. God= "Risen" son of man (son of Adam)
48. God= "Risen" son of man (son of David)
49. God= "Risen" son of man (son of Joseph)
50. God= "Risen" son of "God"
51. God= "Risen" son of "god the father"
52. God= "Risen" son of "god the holy spirit"
53. God= "Risen" son of "god the holy ghost"
54. God= "Lord" of St Paul
55. God= "Christ" of St Paul
56. God= Millions of "Jesus" in different shapes and sizes inside every "Christian" in every nation and language
57. God= Millions of "Holy Spirits" in different shapes and sizes inside every "Christian" in every nation and language
58. God= Millions of "Holy Ghosts" in different shapes and sizes inside every "Christian" in every nation and language
59. God= The Jesus in heaven sitting on his own right hand watching himself VINDICTIVELY making footstool of enemies.
60. God= ALL of the above
61. God= NONE of the above
62. God= Any more to be added to the above
`
Are these rankings based on any theoform? Are the rankings seemingly arbitrary though they in fact contain a code for The Atheist Assembly Of Gawd? I have looked this up and am now convinced that is your purpose. Wll done, if you believe in that sort of pre-christian pantheism but I and my family are firmly testamental. Tricky are you!

bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus inherited his Name Jesus from God His father.
Yes, Long John motor-mouth was telling me that the Father's name was Jesus. So, Jesus is a surname.

bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus inherited his Name Jesus from God His father.
God is Tri-une.
There is only one God.
There are three divine Persons in the Tri-unity. Our previous studies have demonstrated this beyond the threshold of proof.
4. Matthew 28:19: Therefore go and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit....
Three Persons, one name. Jesus commissioned His disciples to baptize with a view to the unity of the three divine Persons.
The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit define who God is.
Who told you that God is triune? Can you really name the ignorant fools, who said that. I don't see Jesus talking about that hoax!

How can three be only one God? The alleged three are living in an alleged Godhead.

Jesus is not the Father and not the Ghost. The Father is not Jesus and not the Ghost.

The Ghost is not the Father and not Jesus. Those three are distinct and co-equal persons.

The Christian God is only 33.3% in terms of percentage.

Jesus and the alleged Holy Spirit are also 33.3% each.

Total comes to 99.9% and this shows that these Gods do not amount exactly to 100% and there is a shortfall of 0.1%.

So, who is the 0.1% God? That is Mary, the Mother of God. Without her the Trinity does not sum up.
Mahmood

Vaughan, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Aside from the Koran, can anyone recommend a book on Islam written within 100 year span of Mohammad's lifetime?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

NotQuiter wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the problems with your above post is that God's name, written over 7,000 times in the Bible, is not Jesus. The Almighty God has a personal name and is not Jesus. It can be found at Psalm 83:18 in many Bibles. The holy spirit has been given no personal name. In fact, thinking about it, not much is written about personal description or 'who' the holy spirit is. But there is plenty written about the Father (life-giver) and the son.
It is God’s saving name:
Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
It is the highest name:

Philippians 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
It is God’s powerful name:

Acts 5:10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.

It is the name God wills to call over the Gentiles:
Acts 15:17 That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Who told you that God is triune? Can you really name the ignorant fools, who said that. I don't see Jesus talking about that hoax!
How can three be only one God? The alleged three are living in an alleged Godhead.
Jesus is not the Father and not the Ghost. The Father is not Jesus and not the Ghost.
The Ghost is not the Father and not Jesus. Those three are distinct and co-equal persons.
Total comes to 99.9% and this shows that these Gods do not amount exactly to 100% and there is a shortfall of 0.1%.
So, who is the 0.1% God? That is Mary, the Mother of God. Without her the Trinity does not sum up.
You should go hide in a cave some where.
Your ignorance is incomprehensible.
Its beyond any ones ability to conceive how you could be so ignorant.
Your question is ill phrased.
It's not who told you, your question should be who showed you God is Triune.
And the answer is the words in scripture that reveal that God is Triune.

You are an idiot!
For you have no ability to retain scripture teaching.

I presented my scripture teachings to you many numerous times, and you cannot retain that information in your brain.

You see I know your mind, and in that sense I know you believe you are expressing intelligence by not retaining the information I give you.

In other words you are playing a game in your own mind with your self.

Believing you are out smarting every one by playing the role of an ignorant fool.
You have done this for so long that you really have become the ignorant fool that you are today.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing but Bullshit.
You liars and fools have degraded God by comparing God with a man, a failure and a flop and whose mission was terminated, because it was not going anywhere.
Looking at God and Jesus, God is the Most High and Jesus is far below. Jesus was 100% inferior to God.
You have no idea as what you are talking about.
You need to get to know God.
You are a babbling idiot.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Mahmood wrote:
Aside from the Koran, can anyone recommend a book on Islam written within 100 year span of Mohammad's lifetime?
Here read this:
http://religionresearchinstitute.org/Mohammad...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you read the truth about who wrote scripture in the Quran?
After the negative experiences which depressed Mohammed, Khadijah sent him to her cousin, Waraqa, to convince him that Mohammed was called to be a prophet of Allah.

Waraqa succeeded in his task and became responsible for most of the Qur’anic verses at the beginning.

Waraqa inserted Ebionite doctrines about Jesus in the Qur’an, stating that Jesus was a prophet, and that He was not crucified, but God made someone to resemble Jesus. That one was crucified because the crowd thought he was Jesus.

This doctrine was first initiated by Simon, the magician from Samaria, who later founded a heresy which took his name, Simonianism. In reality, Simon created the root for such doctrine, before it was developed by the Gnostics in later times. Here, I present Simon the magician’s idea about Jesus, which Hyppolytus reported in “The Refutation of all heresies”:

Jesus Christ being transformed, and being assimilated to the rulers and powers and angels, came for the restoration (of things). And so (it was that Jesus) appeared as man, when in reality he was not a man. And (so it was) that likewise he suffered, though not actually undergoing suffering, but appearing to the Jews to do so.[xxx][30]

The idea that the people crucified someone whom God made to resemble Jesus was embraced by some heresy-believing groups which were known to have immoral values, such as free sex and connections with occultism. Waraqa belonged to one of these cults.

For OVER !400 years Muslims gave been murdering Christians over that false scripture in the Quran.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Correction- For over 1400 years Muslims have been murdering Christians over that false scripture in the Quran.
Mahmood

Mississauga, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Shamma wrote:
This is not a book. I dont believe there is anyone who can provide what I am looking for.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

For over 1400 years Muslims have been Murdering Christians over these false scriptures in the Quran.
"After the negative experiences which depressed Mohammed, Khadijah sent him to her cousin, Waraqa, to convince him that Mohammed was called to be a prophet of Allah.
Waraqa succeeded in his task and became responsible for most of the Qur’anic verses at the beginning. Waraqa inserted Ebionite doctrines about Jesus in the Qur’an, stating that Jesus was a prophet, and that He was not crucified, but God made someone to resemble Jesus.
That one was crucified because the crowd thought he was Jesus.
This doctrine was first initiated by Simon, the magician from Samaria, who later founded a heresy which took his name, Simonianism.
In reality, Simon created the root for such doctrine, before it was developed by the Gnostics in later times. Here, I present Simon the magician’s idea about Jesus, which Hyppolytus reported in “The Refutation of all heresies”:
Jesus Christ being transformed, and being assimilated to the rulers and powers and angels, came for the restoration (of things). And so (it was that Jesus) appeared as man, when in reality he was not a man. And (so it was) that likewise he suffered, though not actually undergoing suffering, but appearing to the Jews to do so.[xxx][30]
The idea that the people crucified someone whom God made to resemble Jesus was embraced by some heresy-believing groups which were known to have immoral values, such as free sex and connections with occultism. Waraqa belonged to one of these cults.
http://religionresearchinstitute.org/Mohammad...
ana

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>Does one really need to provide verses in Quran, where violence is found a bit everywhere, to a Muslim?

Quran 3:56 As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help

Quran 8:12 I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them

Quran 8:39 And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and polytheism: i.e. worshipping others besides Allah) and the religion (worship) will all be for Allah Alone [in the whole of the world]. But if they cease (worshipping others besides Allah), then certainly, Allah is All-Seer of what they do.

Quran 8:55 Indeed, the worst of living creatures in the sight of Allah are those who have disbelieved, and they will not [ever] believe.

ect

ect

ect
Out of context, you can't pick and mix sections of the Quran you need to understand it and what it is referring to, for example 8:12

This verse and the verses before and after were revealed about the Battle of Badr, which occurred in Arabia in the early seventh century. A battle in which the pagans of Makkah traveled more than 200 miles to Madinah with an army of about 1000 to destroy Muslims. Prophet Muhammad peace be on him and fellow Muslims had suffered severe persecutions and torture for 13 years in the city of Makkah. And now that they had fled Makkah and found a sanctuary in the city of Madinah, they were once again threatened. The Muslim Army was only about 300 strong. God Almighty gave the order to Muslims to fight to defend their lives and faith. The enemy came to them with the intent to kill Muslims. It was a war to defend themselves and their Faith. It was a war imposed upon Muslims.

This Surah / section of the Quran is speaking about this as above

All that you have quoted are taken out of context of the exact meaning, you can't just take extracts like that you need to understand what it relates to as a whole ... What is written before and after

Really I wouldn't practise a religion which encouraged violence....

Stop being ignorant
ana

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>Does one really need to provide verses in Quran, where violence is found a bit everywhere, to a Muslim?

ect

ect

ect
In the case of Surah 8:55 all you had to do was the read the next verse!!!!!!Let us quote 8:55 in its context:

For the worst of beasts in the sight of Allah are those who reject Him. They will not believe.
They are those with whom thou didst make a covenant, but they break their covenant every time, and they have not the fear (of Allah).(8:55-56)

That is Surah 8:55 in its CONTEXT, all the critic had to do was literally read the next passage!!!!!!!According to the context, the worst of beasts that are being mentioned in verse 55 is referring to people who keep breaking their covenants with the Muslims!!!!!!Hence it is not an unrestricted label; rather the label is restricted on the people who are breaking their covenants with the Muslims! Basically the people who make an agreement with the Muslims, yet they constantly renegade, and turn back on those agreements.
ana

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

STEFANO COLONNA wrote:

ect

ect

ect
And 3:56 is speaking about going to hell if you do not believe in god... And reject god

It isn't asking Muslims to incite violence... Bit confused there

Honestly it's easy to pick out sections and take them out of context

You know for an example if you studied English Literature, when you quote from a source you cannot ignore what comes before and what comes after what you have quoted, because the quotation can be taken out of context in regards to it's actual meaning

Many have failed English literature papers or dissertations by simply taking quotations out of context ... Same applies here

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 160,361 - 160,380 of193,562
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Search the Pagan/Wiccan Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
What is Ritual Sex? (Nov '11) 43 min PINCH111 74
Wiccan Atheists and Agnostics (Aug '13) Thu PINCH111 284
Paganism still suffering from wounds inflicted ... Thu PINCH111 5
Ex-Disney Star Renounced Christianity and Becam... Thu PINCH111 54
Wiccan Threefold Law Is Overrated Thu PINCH111 8
Create A Potted Plant Altar Wed Drake_Burrwood 1
Woman Injured in Wiccan Ceremony (Jul '08) Wed Ken Ra 5
•••
•••