Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 254919 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#170650 Apr 4, 2013
ana wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you read about "Craig Winn" and his awful self published prophets of Doom, many of these quotations are copy and pasted from his book which are appearing all over the Internet. At least the previous poster quoted a legitimate translation of the Quran, although out of context...
An imam called Jalal Abualrub has written a text called prophet of mercy , read it, it's very interesting
Yes, Ana. I have read.

Craig Win is a hardcore Jesus Freak, an Islamophobe and an ignorant polemic fool.

The man lies through his teeth just as the founding fathers of the Church lied trough theirs.

Thanks

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#170651 Apr 4, 2013
ana wrote:
<quoted text>
At least dr rafat Amari is a real orthodox Christian, not any of the new wave trifle which was spread by European missionary's throughout Africa, eastern asia and Americas
Why don't you Shamma read some of his books and base your own opinions rather than copy and pasting things which you don't understand ??
I understand you Muslim.
You took an oath to Muhammad.

You are not a free person.
You owe your soul to Muhammad.
And Muhammad owes his soul to the devil.

When Muhammad declared there is only one God, Muhammad was referring to the jinn devil god called Allah that the ancient Arabs worshiped in the Kaaba as the main supreme god.

Muhammad never worshiped the God of the Holy Bible.
bmz

Singapore

#170652 Apr 4, 2013
ana wrote:
<quoted text>
I copy and pasted this ..
The Church started killing unbelievers as early as the 4th century. The killing (often with torture) of heretics, church splinter groups, dissenters, atheists, agnostics, deists, pagans, infidels and unbelievers was supported by almost all mainstream Christian theology for over a thousand years, starting with the intolerant St. Augustine (died 430 AD).
As soon as Christianity became legal in the Roman Empire by imperial edict (315), more and more pagan temples were destroyed by Christian mob. Pagan priests were killed.
Between 315 and 6th century thousands of pagan believers were slain.
Examples of destroyed Temples: the Sanctuary of Aesculap in Aegaea, the Temple of Aphrodite in Golgatha, Aphaka in Lebanon, the Heliopolis.
Christian priests such as Mark of Arethusa or Cyrill of Heliopolis were famous as "temple destroyer." [DA468]
Pagan services became punishable by death in 356.[DA468]
Christian Emperor Theodosius (408-450) even had children executed, because they had been playing with remains of pagan statues.[DA469]
According to Christian chroniclers he "followed meticulously all Christian teachings..."
In 6th century pagans were declared void of all rights.
In the early fourth century the philosopher Sopatros was executed on demand of Christian authorities.[DA466]
The world famous female philosopher Hypatia of Alexandria was torn to pieces with glass fragments by a hysterical Christian mob led by a Christian minister named Peter, in a church, in 415.
[DO19-25]
Mission
Emperor Karl (Charlemagne) in 782 had 4500 Saxons, unwilling to convert to Christianity, beheaded.[DO30]
Peasants of Steding (Germany) unwilling to pay suffocating church taxes: between 5,000 and 11,000 men, women and children slain 5/27/1234 near Altenesch/Germany.[WW223]
15th century Poland: 1019 churches and 17987 villages plundered by Knights of the Order. Number of victims unknown.[DO30]
16th and 17th century Ireland. English troops "pacified and civilized" Ireland, where only Gaelic "wild Irish", "unreasonable beasts lived without any knowledge of God or good manners, in common of their goods, cattle, women, children and every other thing." One of the more successful soldiers, a certain Humphrey Gilbert, half-brother of Sir Walter Raleigh, ordered that "the heddes of all those (of what sort soever thei were) which were killed in the daie, should be cutte off from their bodies... and should bee laied on the ground by eche side of the waie", which effort to civilize the Irish indeed caused "greate terrour to the people when thei sawe the heddes of their dedde fathers, brothers, children, kinsfolke, and freinds on the grounde".
Tens of thousands of Gaelic Irish fell victim to the carnage.[SH99, 225]
True that.

I always call it The Darkest and the Filthiest History of Christianity and I am not alone in saying that.
ana

London, UK

#170653 Apr 4, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>I understand you Muslim.

When Muhammad declared there is only one God, Muhammad was referring to the jinn devil god called Allah that the ancient Arabs worshiped in the Kaaba as the main supreme god.

So why do Christian Arabs and an Arabic bible dating back before prophet mohamed refer to god as Allah

Allah simply means god in Arabic
bmz

Singapore

#170654 Apr 4, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>The historical records of Muslims is there in their Hadiths and the Quran.
<quoted text>You don't get it Muslim.
Those battles were not fought for protecting against foreign invaders.
Those battles were fought to spread Muhammad's religion in the name of a Satanic jinn devil god called Allah.
The same as it is in our time, Muslims are fighting to spread Muhammad's Satanic jinn devil religion.
Muhammad was not a prophet sent from God to fight for God.
Muhammad worshiped jinn devils.
Muhammad murdered innocent for the sake of the jinn devil god Allah.
Muslims hide the truth about Muhammad and the Muslim religion.
Their claim there is only one means there is only the jinn devil god Allah.
The jinn devil god Muhammad and Muslims murder for.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =T_8LIAcGkvUXX
There is only one Devil in the world and that Devil is the Church, Trinitarian Christian!
bmz

Singapore

#170655 Apr 4, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>I understand you Muslim.
Muhammad worshipped the God of Abraham and the Jews, which means the God of the Jewish Torah. He never worshipped the absurd Trinity or the Triune God of the Christian Bible.

The God of your Bible is neither the God Jews nor the God of Muslims. You can now see what a sour pickle your triune God is in. An absurd God that makes no sense. Your triune God is Bullshit!
ana

London, UK

#170656 Apr 4, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>Muhammad worshipped the God of Abraham and the Jews, which means the God of the Jewish Torah. He never worshipped the absurd Trinity or the Triune God of the Christian Bible.

The God of your Bible is neither the God Jews nor the God of Muslims. You can now see what a sour pickle your triune God is in. An absurd God that makes no sense. Your triune God is Bullshit!
Where is Shamma from do u know??

Don't swear at shama not cool bro
John

North Lakes, Australia

#170658 Apr 5, 2013
You muztards can talk as much bullshit as you like, but we can see you.
LOL.
http://iranpoliticsclub.net/islam/hamas-pedop...
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ZjrrYYuebok/TJem22i...
http://www.teapartytribune.com/wp-content/upl...
http://pumapac.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/11...
Seriously, why don't you hostile despicable vile subhuman parasite beasts just piss off out of the western world before we slaughter you for your crimes.
Adios creeps.
ana

London, UK

#170659 Apr 5, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>Oh yes ana, if you say so.
LOL.
The usual muslim shtick when confronted with the truth about islam.
Somehow it's all a mistranslation.
Spare me the bullshit.
No, craig Winn is the liar... You need to be careful who u are quoting , what about researching through more factual solid evidence rather than conspiracy propagated hatred type sources such as craig Winn, who has been exposed as a liar and just out to fulfill his dream of becoming president of the United States... Sorry it's laughable John
ana

London, UK

#170660 Apr 5, 2013
John wrote:
You muztards can talk as much bullshit as you like, but we can see you.
LOL.
http://iranpoliticsclub.net/islam/hamas-pedop...
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ZjrrYYuebok/TJem22i...
http://www.teapartytribune.com/wp-content/upl...
http://pumapac.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/11...
Seriously, why don't you hostile despicable vile subhuman parasite beasts just piss off out of the western world before we slaughter you for your crimes.
Adios creeps.
Your the only one demonstrating hateful xenophobic traits here John the bounty hunter
uhuh

Spain

#170661 Apr 5, 2013
ana wrote:
I am now reading more about Dr Rafat Amari who claims there is no historical or archeological proof that the Kaaba existed prior to the 4th century, but I'm pretty sure that some historical Jewish scripts acknowledge the Kaaba.
no there isn't any
other than a midrash telling of Abraham's visits to Ishmael and his wife in midbar Paran twice
uhuh

Spain

#170662 Apr 5, 2013
the spring that was shown to Hagar by an angel was the same spring that accompanied the Israelites through the desert - Miriam's well
this "zam zam" was created on the Friday of Creation
uhuh

Spain

#170663 Apr 5, 2013
the "ebionaioi" (poor men) rejected Paul
the "alogi" (deniers of Logos) rejected "John"
the "pneumatomachoi" (enemies of the Spirit) denied the Spirit as God

they were christians, they all loved Jesus
what/who brought them to extinction that not even their writings survived?
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#170664 Apr 5, 2013
ana wrote:
<quoted text>
I am now reading more about Dr Rafat Amari who is a Christian Arab who has studied Islam for over 20 years, he claims there is no historical or archeological proof that the Kaaba existed prior to the Christian 4th century, but I'm pretty sure that some historical Jewish scripts acknowledge the Kaaba, I am unable to find any documents or reference to dr Amari debating with Muslim scholars
I have heard of him before... But not much in open debate and theological discussion
I know sister there are thousands of Anti Islamic Sites and literature.
I try not to visit these sites as they will increase the hit rate to move them up the search list.

While Islam provides the best answer for today and tomorrow, why let them waste our time taking us along a diversionary route?

Islam is very much about Tawheed recognising the ONE true God and attributing Oneness to Allah who is Unique, Eternal, Almighty, All powerful and with no partners or peers.

All created things including the Kaaba take a back seat when talking about, living under and breathing in even a small part of Allah's power, grace and majesty.
Salaams
ana

London, UK

#170665 Apr 5, 2013
uhuh wrote:
the spring that was shown to Hagar by an angel was the same spring that accompanied the Israelites through the desert - Miriam's well
this "zam zam" was created on the Friday of Creation
Yes I know but The Christian historian claims that there is no evidence that Mecca existed prior to the 4th century... And I'm pretty sure Jewish scriptures acknowledged Mecca , the Kaaba and zamzam well...

If you have info where then let me know :)
ana

London, UK

#170666 Apr 5, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>I know sister there are thousands of Anti Islamic Sites and literature.
I try not to visit these sites as they will increase the hit rate to move them up the search list.

While Islam provides the best answer for today and tomorrow, why let them waste our time taking us along a diversionary route?

Islam is very much about Tawheed recognising the ONE true God and attributing Oneness to Allah who is Unique, Eternal, Almighty, All powerful and with no partners or peers.

All created things including the Kaaba take a back seat when talking about, living under and breathing in even a small part of Allah's power, grace and majesty.
Salaams
Thanks Alex, I am not doubting my islamic faith at all!! But dr amarli isn't one of your craig winns he is a highly academic scholar, but you know when one is out to disprove something on the basis of their own belief other than genuine historical understanding then facts can be thwarted ... That's why I wanted to know more about what is recorded in Jewish scriptures regards Mecca, zam zam and the Kaaba :)

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#170667 Apr 5, 2013
ana wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I know but The Christian historian claims that there is no evidence that Mecca existed prior to the 4th century... And I'm pretty sure Jewish scriptures acknowledged Mecca , the Kaaba and zamzam well...
That would be news to me

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#170668 Apr 5, 2013
ana wrote:
<quoted text>
Islam post dated the Jewish scriptures
ana

London, UK

#170669 Apr 5, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>Islam post dated the Jewish scriptures
Yes but we also believe in prophets prior to prophet Mohammed peace be upon him, for example Moses peace be upon him is mentioned many many times in quran , so is Ibrahim and Adam

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#170670 Apr 5, 2013
ana wrote:
<quoted text>
Out of context, you can't pick and mix sections of the Quran you need to understand it and what it is referring to, for example 8:12
This verse and the verses before and after were revealed about the Battle of Badr, which occurred in Arabia in the early seventh century. A battle in which the pagans of Makkah traveled more than 200 miles to Madinah with an army of about 1000 to destroy Muslims. Prophet Muhammad peace be on him and fellow Muslims had suffered severe persecutions and torture for 13 years in the city of Makkah. And now that they had fled Makkah and found a sanctuary in the city of Madinah, they were once again threatened. The Muslim Army was only about 300 strong. God Almighty gave the order to Muslims to fight to defend their lives and faith. The enemy came to them with the intent to kill Muslims. It was a war to defend themselves and their Faith. It was a war imposed upon Muslims.
This Surah / section of the Quran is speaking about this as above
All that you have quoted are taken out of context of the exact meaning, you can't just take extracts like that you need to understand what it relates to as a whole ... What is written before and after
Really I wouldn't practise a religion which encouraged violence....
Stop being ignorant
I said to you stop being stupid.

Quran 8:12
Quran 8:12 I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them.

My point was not to underline the situation, otherwise I would have picked up the verses before and later, but was to show the cruelty of your god, Allah that told to strike their heads and fingertips off. That was unnecessary.

As for the situation we only rely on Islamic version of history. Who told us that they are saying the truth?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Curtis Brown column: Trick-or-Treat not to ever... (Oct '10) Sep 19 T Marie 10
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Sep 14 Pariah 4,886
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) Sep 14 Bob of Quantum-Faith 843
News Remembering a Christian and a Jew who traced an... Sep 13 Philbert 23
Anyone still at this forum Aug '16 Sarah Good 1
When do you know if you are truly Wiccan? (Nov '07) Aug '16 Tekmoses 137
Convert me from Agnostic to Atheist Jul '16 ATHEOI 2
More from around the web