Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 228224 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#170557 Apr 3, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You are still a pervert.
Go five posts without referring to sex.
Hi sexy.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#170558 Apr 3, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi sexy.
weirdo
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#170559 Apr 3, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>And I told you and proved to you that the entire Quran is a fraud.
And I told you that Muhammad is not a prophet from God.
And I told you the killings done in the name of your fraud god Allah is MURDER.
Yet Muslims continue to murder in the name of their god Allah.
There is no way to come to God except thru Gods Son Jesus Christ and the Bible scriptures are not forgery.
Jesus commanded the disciples to:
Matthew 28:19
New International Version (©2011)
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
That was not Jesus, who said that.

It was Constantine, who said, "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit," and then they started baptizing in the names of the three.

Before that, people were baptized only in the name of jesus.

Do you wish to deny and keep on lying again and again? Your book says that.
bmz

Singapore

#170560 Apr 3, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>I know you are a liar Alex.
And the history of Muhammad shows Muhammad is not a prophet from God.
Amneh, the mother of Mohammed
Amneh was the niece of Soda Bent Zahreh, the priest of Jinn at Mecca. We saw that the reason Abdel Mutalb took Amneh as a wife for Abdullah was due to her aunt Soda Bint Zehra.[xv][15]
Mohammed was known to have suffered from trances since his childhood because Amneh, his mother, brought on him a rukhieh, or bewitching.[xvi][16] In the rukhieh a Kahan priest of Jinn brings the spirit of Jinn to a person to whom the Kahen is connected as a medium. Since Amneh was the niece of Soda Bent Zahreh, the priest of Jinn at Mecca. This may explain why she was able to perform occultic ceremonies upon Mohammed, called “rukhieh, when he was very young. Only the Kuhhan of Arabia could perform the right of “rukhieh,” a practice of witchcraft indicating that Mohammed’s mother had joined the ranks of the Kuhhan of Arabia after her aunt had passed away.
Children on whom a “rukhieh” was practiced suffered from many signs such as: falling into trances and having convulsions. Since his childhood, Mohammed suffered from many of these identical symptoms. Halabieh, a biographer of Mohammed, mentioned that Mohammed suffered from convulsions since he was one year old.[xvii][17] Sahih Al Buchari, reports one occasion on which Mohammed fell into a trance while he was a young man before he claimed to have received the Qur'an.[xviii][18] Other Islamic literature, such as Halabieh, states that Mohammed used to go into a coma before he wrote down the Qur'an, which clearly reveals his direct involvement with Kahaneh. When he started receiving the Qu’ran he fell into a coma.[xix][19]
Anthropologists believe that the priesthood which serves the devil is transmitted from individual to individual in the same family.[xx][20]
Your man Muhammad is a demon from hell.
Priest of Jinn?

"Other Islamic literature, such as Halabieh, states that Mohammed used to go into a coma before he wrote down the Qur'an, which clearly reveals his direct involvement with Kahaneh. When he started receiving the Qu’ran he fell into a coma. "

Coma?

Trance, idiot.

Islamic literature Halabieh? Must have been written by some Jesus Freak.
bmz

Singapore

#170561 Apr 3, 2013
@ Shamma

Can you please write only when you are not in a coma? Thanks!
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#170562 Apr 3, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
weirdo
HughBe ---Hi sexy.

Frijoles---weirdo

HughBe--- Hi sexy Papa. Much love from Jamaica, MON.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#170563 Apr 3, 2013
Cruff.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#170564 Apr 3, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
That was not Jesus, who said that.
It was Constantine, who said, "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit," and then they started baptizing in the names of the three.
Before that, people were baptized only in the name of jesus.
Do you wish to deny and keep on lying again and again? Your book says that.
Jesus is the Name of the "Father and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit".

In the work of redemption all three persons of the God take an active working part in the salvation of man.

Many that were baptized in the name of Jesus did not receive the Holy Spirit.
Acts 8:16
because the Holy Spirit had not yet come on any of them; they had simply been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

When the Apostles received the Holy Spirit at Pentecost the were commanded to baptize in the name of the Father, and of the Son , and of the Holt Spirit.
For they them self now received the Holy Spirit and were able to baptize with the full power of the Holy Spirit dwelling in them to baptize in the full name of the one God head of God.
"The Trinity".

You speak in ignorance because you cannot connect the dots in scripture.

All of scripture has to be absorbed in order to get a clear understanding of scripture.

HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#170565 Apr 3, 2013
JOEL wrote:
Cruff.
why do you call papa, Cruff?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#170566 Apr 3, 2013
Pervert.

Location hidden

#170567 Apr 3, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Priest of Jinn?
"Other Islamic literature, such as Halabieh, states that Mohammed used to go into a coma before he wrote down the Qur'an, which clearly reveals his direct involvement with Kahaneh. When he started receiving the Qu’ran he fell into a coma. "
Coma?
Trance, idiot.
Islamic literature Halabieh? Must have been written by some Jesus Freak.
Yes and they hid the fact the Muhammad went into a comma before he had said he was contacted by the spirit in the cave.
Muhammad practiced in his religion of the occult, going into the caves to cast spells for those that paid him to cast spells.

The mother of Ja'efer told Mohammed -after Mohammed claimed to be a prophet-, " O prophet of Allah, my son Ja'efer is affected by the ‘Ain of Jinn,’ shall we make for him a Rukhieh. Mohammed said: yes."[xxiv][24] Rukieh was casting a spell on a person affected by a Jinn-devil. The adeherents of the Jinn religion of Arabia believed that another Jinn–devil, who is stronger than the one who caused the symptons of " Ain of Jinn ", is able to expell the Jinn from the body. Mohammed in this case agreed that such sorcery should be done to his cousin Ja'efer. As we will see that Mohammed himself, before his claim to be a prophet, was known to be a Rakhi &#1585;&#1575;&#16 02;&#1610;, the one who practices Rukhieh upon others. From these examples, we can imagine the dangerous occult environment where Mohammed passed his boyhood; he lived in a family where the Jinn-devils domainated and possessed the members, and where the worst imagineable consequences befell them! All of this was due to their relationships with soothsayers, sorcerer, diviners and mediums.

Thus, Mohammed’s close relationship with the Jinn, his episode of Jinn's disease, and his eventual rise to becoming a Rukhi himself grew out of his family’s deep occultic roots. His occult involvement all began with his mother Amneh casting spells on him as a young child, growing in intensity in the house of Abu Taleb, and continuing up until the time of his claim to prophethood. Even Mohammed’s uncle, Abu Taleb, unfolds the truth in his own poetry that Mohammed had become a Rakhi, a person who casts spells upon others. In fact, Ibn Hisham, the oldest and the most authoritative Islamic biographer of the life of Mohammed, wrote the very famous poem,“Abu Taleb.”, the uncle of Mohammed recited. The leaders of Mecca came to Abu Taleb asking him to give Mohammed to them to be judged by them. Abu Taleb refused, and recited a poem lauding and praising Mohammed. There is a stanza in this poem in which he described Mohammed as "a Rakhi, or conjurer who conjures spells in Harra where he dwells."[xxv][25] Harra’ is the caves near Mecca where Mohammed used to spend his time before he claimed to have been visited by the angel Gabriel and allegedly entrusted with the role of prophecy.
For Abu Taleb and in the eyes of many Arabians, the witch doctor, or rakhi, was a benevolent occupation because of the Jinn religion’s influence and the reputation that rakhis had for evicting the spirits that caused disease through their own Jinn. Mohammed confirmed that his uncle recited the poetry about him and boasted about its contents.[xxvi][26]

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#170568 Apr 3, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, NQ for educating Shamma.
I really don't know what brand of Christianity is he pedalling here?
Everything is studied under the scrutiny of the Scripture of a religion. Here, Shamma studies the Scripture under the light, shade and scrutiny of man-made doctrines.
It is hard to understand how anyone would interpret that at Isaiah 48 as being the trinity. For one thing, Shamma already admitted that the first one speaking is God. Then he says the prophet Isaiah is impersonating Jesus Christ. I never heard that one before.
Looking at that proof text Shamma has provided, it says:(King James American Version, Isaiah 48:16):
"Come you near to me, hear you this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, has sent me."
The one that the Lord GOD sent was Isaiah, no doubt about it. To repeat, the prophets spoke for God, not as God. They uttered God's prophecies, not their own.
How can the Lord God,'his' Spirit (God's spirit), and Isaiah impersonating Jesus Christ be the trinity, when in fact, God IS supposed to be the trinity?
That's the first time I ever heard that Isaiah was "impersonating" Jesus Christ. In all honesty, maybe Shamma was using a poor choice of words. But I can't understand where he got this interpretation. Every time GOD spoke by means of the prophets, one cannot say it was Jesus Christ speaking. In fact, the scriptures say otherwise. Also, the scriptures say they spoke by means of God's spirit.
If you recall from the beginning I was interested in finding out what Muslims believe, and saw the thread with some supposed Christians trying to bash the Qu'ran where it spoke of the invalidity of the trinity. No matter how I turned the statement in the Qu'ran, I could not find an error regarding the statements about God not being a trinity. I tried.:-)
Hebrews 1:1 says again:
"In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways," (Not through the trinity, but the prophets. It does not say that the trinity God spoke through the trinity Jesus via the prophets.)
The best illustration about this is what Jesus said: how can a house built on sand stand? It cannot. When the winds came, and the waters poured, the house collapsed.
I am still a Christian, though, no matter what Shamma says about me.:-) Peace to you, bmz.

Location hidden

#170569 Apr 3, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus is the Name of the "Father and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit".
In the work of redemption all three persons of the God take an active working part in the salvation of man.
Many that were baptized in the name of Jesus did not receive the Holy Spirit.
Acts 8:16
because the Holy Spirit had not yet come on any of them; they had simply been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
When the Apostles received the Holy Spirit at Pentecost the were commanded to baptize in the name of the Father, and of the Son , and of the Holt Spirit.
For they them self now received the Holy Spirit and were able to baptize with the full power of the Holy Spirit dwelling in them to baptize in the full name of the one God head of God.
"The Trinity".
You speak in ignorance because you cannot connect the dots in scripture.
All of scripture has to be absorbed in order to get a clear understanding of scripture.
Doesn't it seem to you reasonable that if the holy spirit is God, equal to the other two person/gods (the father and the son), one would suffice for the other? No follow up would be necessary, if they are all equal. And besides which, now that you mention it, that would make four gods, wouldn't it? I mean four gods in one, according to the way the trinity is described. God is the big picture (1), the Father (2), the Son (3), and the Holy Spirit (4).

Location hidden

#170570 Apr 3, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus is the Name of the "Father and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit".
How is that, when the Father has a name ascribed to Himself in the Bible, the Son also has a name, but there is no name of the holy spirit in the Bible.
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>In the work of redemption all three persons of the God take an active working part in the salvation of man.
Why would you say that, when and if all three are "equal." Yet one? You have just described three gods, whether you want to describe these three as three "persons," any time you say each or all have an "active part" in the salvation of man as if all three work off each other with intelligence and cognizance, you are describing three gods, cooperating with one another, each equal yet different. But Jesus always claimed to be in subjection to the Father. He never claimed to be equal or have equal authority.

John 5:26 explains this clearly:
For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

The Bible says the Father GAVE to the Son to have life in himself. Never does it say that the Son gives life to the Father.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#170571 Apr 3, 2013
Excerpts from the Gospel of Barnabas, Part-78

Chapter 168 Jesus’ source of knowledge

Then said the disciples: "Truly God speaks in you, for never has man spoken as you speak." Jesus answered: "Believe me when God chose me to send me to the House of Israel, he gave me a book like to a clear mirror; which came down into my heart in such wise that all that I speak comes forth from that book. And when that book shall have finished coming forth from my mouth, I shall be taken up from the world." Peter answered: "O master, is that which you now speak written in that book?" Jesus replied: "All that I say for the knowledge of God and the service of God, for the knowledge of man and for the salvation of mankind all this comes forth from that book, which is my gospel;." Said Peter: "Is there written therein the glory of paradise?"

Chapter 169 On Last prophet

Jesus answered:."Hearken, and I will tell you of what manner is paradise, and how the holy and the faithful shall abide there without end, for this is one of the greatest blessings of paradise seeing that everything, however great, if it have an end, becomes small, yes nought.'Paradise is the home where God stores his delights, which are so great that the ground which is trodden by the feet of the holy and blessed ones is so precious that one drachma of it is more precious than a thousand worlds.

These delights were seen by our, father, David, prophet of God, for God showed them to him, seeing he caused him to behold the glories of paradise: whereupon, when he returned to himself, he closed his eyes with both his hands, and weeping said: "Look not any more upon this world, O my eyes, for all is vain, and there is no good!". Of these delights said Isaiah ;the prophet: "The eyes of man have not seen, his ears have not heard, nor has the human heart conceived, that which God has prepared for them that love him." Know you wherefore they have not seen, heard, conceived such delights? It is because while they live here below they are not worthy to behold

such things. Wherefore, albeit our father David ;truly saw them, I tell you that he saw them not with human eyes, for God took his soul to himself, and thus, united with God, he saw them with light divine. As God lives, in whose presence my soul stands, seeing that the delights of paradise are infinite and man is finite, man cannot contain them; even as a little earthen jar cannot contain the sea.

Chapter 170 Contd.

God says thus to the man who shall faithfully serve him: "I know your works, that you work for me. As I live eternally, your love shall not exceed my bounty. Because you serve me as God your creator, knowing yourself to be my work, and ask nought of me save grace and mercy to serve me faithfully; because you set no end to my service, seeing you desire to serve me eternally: even so will I do, for I will reward you as if you were God, my equal. For not only will I place in your hands the abundance of paradise, but I will give you myself as a gift, so that, even as you are fain to be my servant for ever, even so will I make your wages forever."'

Note: These things are missing from the Gospel-MUQ
(Abridged)

Location hidden

#170572 Apr 3, 2013
NotQuiter wrote:
<quoted text>
It is hard to understand how anyone would interpret that at Isaiah 48 as being the trinity. For one thing, Shamma already admitted that the first one speaking is God. Then he says the prophet Isaiah is impersonating Jesus Christ. I never heard that one before.
Looking at that proof text Shamma has provided, it says:(King James American Version, Isaiah 48:16):
"Come you near to me, hear you this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, has sent me."
The one that the Lord GOD sent was Isaiah, no doubt about it. To repeat, the prophets spoke for God, not as God. They uttered God's prophecies, not their own.
How can the Lord God,'his' Spirit (God's spirit), and Isaiah impersonating Jesus Christ be the trinity, when in fact, God IS supposed to be the trinity?
That's the first time I ever heard that Isaiah was "impersonating" Jesus Christ. In all honesty, maybe Shamma was using a poor choice of words. But I can't understand where he got this interpretation. Every time GOD spoke by means of the prophets, one cannot say it was Jesus Christ speaking. In fact, the scriptures say otherwise. Also, the scriptures say they spoke by means of God's spirit.
If you recall from the beginning I was interested in finding out what Muslims believe, and saw the thread with some supposed Christians trying to bash the Qu'ran where it spoke of the invalidity of the trinity. No matter how I turned the statement in the Qu'ran, I could not find an error regarding the statements about God not being a trinity. I tried.:-)
Hebrews 1:1 says again:
"In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways," (Not through the trinity, but the prophets. It does not say that the trinity God spoke through the trinity Jesus via the prophets.)
The best illustration about this is what Jesus said: how can a house built on sand stand? It cannot. When the winds came, and the waters poured, the house collapsed.
I am still a Christian, though, no matter what Shamma says about me.:-) Peace to you, bmz.
Sent Isaiah and the Gods Spirit to where?
Is Isaiah a Divine human being?
You criticized now explain where God is sending Isaiah and the Spirit of God too?
Was Isaiah there in the beginning with God as the text suggest?
God is talking about from the beginning what he did.
You dumb ass, you can't understand what God is you saying.
You need to throw your JW bible away, and stop being a dumb ass.
You are totally wrong in interpreting that that text.
Your mind is to stuck up the ass of your JW text book, and you cannot think for your self.
Oh! how smart and intelligent you thought you were in trying to intrepid that text.
You thought you had a feather in your cap, but instead you got egg all over your face.

Location hidden

#170573 Apr 4, 2013
NotQuiter wrote:
<quoted text>
How is that, when the Father has a name ascribed to Himself in the Bible, the Son also has a name, but there is no name of the holy spirit in the Bible.
<quoted text>
Why would you say that, when and if all three are "equal." Yet one? You have just described three gods, whether you want to describe these three as three "persons," any time you say each or all have an "active part" in the salvation of man as if all three work off each other with intelligence and cognizance, you are describing three gods, cooperating with one another, each equal yet different. But Jesus always claimed to be in subjection to the Father. He never claimed to be equal or have equal authority.
John 5:26 explains this clearly:
For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;
The Bible says the Father GAVE to the Son to have life in himself. Never does it say that the Son gives life to the Father.
You are totally wrong.
You blasphemy God with your stupidity.
http://answer-islam.org/honor_of_jesus.html

John 5:23-25
New International Version (NIV)

23 that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father, who sent him.

24 “Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.

25 Very truly I tell you, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live

If you honor Jesus as just a prophet as you are suggesting then you are degrading God down to be just a mere prophet on the order of being the same mere creature as Jesus.

Your argument that Jesus is not equal to God has been debunked in this link.
http://answer-islam.org/honor_of_jesus.html
ana

Sheffield, UK

#170574 Apr 4, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>Welcome to the club ana!
We use Shamma to give Dawah to other topix readers, because, when they see his/her ignorance&lies they will make an effort to seek knowledge & the truth!
Salaams.
Salam Alex

I don't mind so much one having their own religious beliefs as the Quran states:

The Qur'an refers to Christians and Jews as "People of the Book" and calls on Muslims to respect them. In more than one Qur'anic passage, Christian and Jewish believers are specifically mentioned as having God's favor:
Be they Muslims, Jews, Christians, or Sabaeans,
Those who believe in God and the Last Day
And who do well
Have their reward with their Lord.
They have nothing to fear,
And they will not sorrow.(Qur'an: 2:62 and 5:69)

On occasion, the Qur'an also criticizes Christians and Jews, mainly with regard to their views concerning prophets. Christians are criticized for calling Jesus divine. In the Muslim view, though born of the Virgin Mary and revered as a major prophet, Jesus was a man of flesh and blood. The Jews, on the other hand, are criticized for rejecting certain prophets, as well as others whose warnings the Children of Israel ignored. They are also taken to task for their rejection of Jesus and, of course, Muhammad. Muhammad's own comments follow the Qur'an in making clear that Islam was not to be considered a new religion, but rather as a continuation of the original religion of Abraham. As expressed in the Qur'an:

They say (to the Muslims): "Become Jews or become Christians and find the right way." Answer them: "No. We follow the way of Abraham the upright, who was not an idolater." Say: "We believe in God and what has been sent down to us, and what was given to Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac and Jacob and Jacob's sons, and that which was given to Moses and Christ, and to (all) the (other) prophets by their Lord. We make no distinction among them, and we submit to God." (2:135-136)

Despite theological disagreements and political disputes, Muhammad remained respectful of both faiths. A few years before he died, when his leadership of the Arabs was generally accepted, a delegation of sixty Christians with scholars and judges among them arrived in Medina from the southern capitol of Najran. In a kind of interfaith council rare in those days, Muslims and Christians, joined by Medina's Jewish rabbis, sat together discussing and arguing the meaning of their beliefs. This occurred at a time when, not far to the north, Christians and Persians had been engaged for decades in massively destructive religious wars. According to Muslim chroniclers, when the council in Medina ended, the Najran Christians mounted their camels and rode peacefully back home.

Muhammad once came upon a group of Muslims arguing about which religion had primacy over all others. This was the occasion for one of the Qur'an's most often quoted revelations: "If God had so willed, He would have made all of you one community, but he has not done so, in order that he may test you according to what he has given you; so compete in goodness. To God shall you all return, and He will tell you the truth about what you have been disputing."

Quran 4:58

So I don't mind people having their own belief it is from the will of Allah, Allah says this and reminds us of our own free will to submit to Allah

However what I do mind is somebody such as Shamma taking a theological debate to a personal and prejudice level, making claim that because I am a Muslim I am deemed a murderer a terrorist

I have asked Shamma to provide me actual evidence from the Quran which encourages acts of crime... I am still waiting

I just get abuse in a personal sense therefore communication is exterminated... I have never criticised them for their belief or besieged any personal attack, as in Islam this is considered unlawful
John

Brisbane, Australia

#170575 Apr 4, 2013
The ugliness of islam.
http://www.prophetofdoom.net/

Location hidden

#170576 Apr 4, 2013
Is Jesus God because He said Honor him as you Honor the Father?

Answering Christianity has employed Muhammadan propagandists Sami Zaatari to write articles specifically attacking Christian core beliefs such as the Deity of Jesus Christ. In his latest article Mr. Zaatari goes out of his way to misinterpret John 5:23 while ignoring the obviously clear meaning. Here we will expose his shallow eisegesis and reveal the false logic behind his reasoning. Zaatari begins by saying:

By Sami Zaatari

Christians often claim that since Jesus said honor him as the Father, then this means Jesus is God since he asking for the same honor as the Father. The verse reads:
John 5:23:

23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father

Christians use this and then shout Jesus is God! However so let us read on the verse, since Christian do not like to quote the rest of the passage:

That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him

So now since we have the entire verse quoted for us it makes things easier. So let us now respond, my response will be separated into two points:

RESPONSE:
Yes Christians do use this verse as proof that Jesus is God Almighty. I’m surprised it took Osama’s team of writers to finally present a rebuttal of this verse. We’ve been using this for the last 8 years and no answer was given or even attempted by “Answering-Christianity”. It is very obvious these propagandists have a problem in addressing this verse. As you will see, Zaatari fails miserably also and his explanation is merely his own personal opinion not substantiated by any Biblical facts. Zaatari begins his response by saying:

1- Notice Jesus says that if you do not honour him then you do not honour the Father. Now what does that mean?
You see folks, any person who does not believe in a prophet of God disbelieves in God also, why? Because God is commanding you to believe in those prophets, and God is sending them revelations, to deny the prophet is to deny God.

Basically Zaatari takes “honouring Jesus as you would honour his father” as assuming that Jesus is a prophet and therefore believing in him would allow you to believe in God. The immediate problem that arises, if we assume that his comments to be true, is that if you:

honour the Son, even as they honour the Father
Then:
Honouring Jesus as a prophet would mean that you must honour the Father as a prophet.
Honouring Jesus as just a mere creature would also mean to honour the Father as a creature as well.

This fact is inescapable because the NT verse makes no distinction between Jesus and the Father here, since it says to honour Jesus as you would honour the Father. This means that both must be honored in the same way and to the same degree. Zaatari loves to claim that Christians don’t quote everything in the immediate context and yet he apparently forgot to quote the previous verses before it:

Jesus said to them,'Very truly, I tell you, the Son can do nothing on his own, but only what he sees the Father doing; for whatever the Father does, THE SON DOES LIKEWISE. The Father loves the Son and shows him all that he himself is doing; and he will show him greater works than these, so that you will be astonished. Indeed, just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, SO ALSO THE SON GIVES LIFE TO WHOMEVER HE WISHES. The Father judges no one but has given all judgment to the Son, SO THAT ALL MAY HONOR THE SON JUST AS THEY HONOR THE FATHER. Anyone who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent him.’ John 5:19-23

The immediate context shows the reason why Jesus must be honoured JUST AS THE FATHER because he has the ability to do “whatever the Father does” which includes giving life to whomever he wishes. The passage also says that GOD THE FATHER will judge no one but has entrusted this to Jesus alone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Si Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty' Star, Says Atheist... Jul 26 Shizle 40
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) Jul 24 skylar 108
Shadows and sounds Jul 23 Dizy 1
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) Jul 6 TC_Tia 14,656
News Looking for a Pagan community in Kentucky? (Mar '12) Jul 4 Pam 11
News What is Asatru? (Dec '10) Jul 3 ex pagan 2
News Sorry Witches, You Won't Be Able to Buy Spells ... Jun '15 Drake_Burrwood 1
More from around the web