Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments
160,241 - 160,260 of 199,589 Comments Last updated 5 min ago
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Oh my.

(smiles smiles smiles)
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus taught that God is Tri-une.
Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
&#9668; Matthew 28:19 &#9658;
Parallel Verses
New International Version
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
New American Standard Bible
"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,
King James Bible
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Holman Christian Standard Bible
Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
International Standard Version
Therefore, as you go, disciple people in all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit,
American Standard Version
Go ye therefore, and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit:
Douay-Rheims Bible
Going therefore, teach ye all nations; baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.
Darby Bible Translation
Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptising them to the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit;
Young's Literal Translation
having gone, then, disciple all the nations,(baptizing them -- to the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit,
That is a forgery and it self-destructs. The Great Commission in Matthew 28:19 is a Great Fraud!

That silly verse cannot be found in the oldest manuscripts.

That verse is laughable. After hearing that, Peter went and baptized them ONLY in the name of Jesus.

You dare not deny this!
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

HUGH:

Jiske sapno me,

(In whose dreams)

jiske sapno me tum roz aate rahe,

(In whose dreams you appear every day)

dil lubhate rahe,

(gladdening his heart)

yeh batha do batha do ki tum wahi toh nahi.

(tell me, tell me, if you're the same person (who appears in my dreams)).

(smiles)

PS: This old song from a Hindi film has such a melodious tune sung in the voice of Muhammad Rafi.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

me is pronounced as mey in Hindi.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text> The Trinity-It explains Isaiah 48:16:
"Draw near to me, hear this: from the beginning I have not spoken in secret, from the time it came to be I have been there.” And now the Lord GOD has sent me, and his Spirit".
The Lord God {1} has sent me{2}, and His Spirit {3}
"Father , Son, and Holy Spirit"
The OT verifies that God is Tri-une.
Shamma, it is the prophet Isaiah that is speaking as the one that God sent there to speak to the Israelites. He is the "me" there, not Jesus Christ.

God sent Isaiah to speak to the people and tell them what would happen. At the time the prophecy was spoken, Israel was living in the Promised Land. Babylon was not yet a dominant world power. Even while foretelling (through Isaiah, the one that God sent) the captivity, God encourages the people by means of Isaiah and his holy spirit that he, the LORD, will act in favor of his people to deliver them.

Here is what it says:
(Isaiah 48, English Standard Version, 16-19)

"Draw near to me, hear this:
from the beginning I have not spoken in secret,
from the time it came to be I have been there.”
And now the Lord God has sent me, and his Spirit.

17 Thus says the Lord,
your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel:
“I am the Lord your God,
who teaches you to profit,
who leads you in the way you should go.
18 Oh that you had paid attention to my commandments!
Then your peace would have been like a river,
and your righteousness like the waves of the sea;
19 your offspring would have been like the sand,
and your descendants like its grains;
their name would never be cut off
or destroyed from before me.”

Yes, this was spoken of by Isaiah, the prophet, and he is the one that God empowered by means of his spirit to speak to the nation.
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

NotQuiter wrote:
<quoted text>
Shamma, it is the prophet Isaiah that is speaking as the one that God sent there to speak to the Israelites. He is the "me" there, not Jesus Christ.
God sent Isaiah to speak to the people and tell them what would happen. At the time the prophecy was spoken, Israel was living in the Promised Land. Babylon was not yet a dominant world power. Even while foretelling (through Isaiah, the one that God sent) the captivity, God encourages the people by means of Isaiah and his holy spirit that he, the LORD, will act in favor of his people to deliver them.
Here is what it says:
17 Thus says the Lord,
“I am the Lord your God,
Yes, this was spoken of by Isaiah, the prophet, and he is the one that God empowered by means of his spirit to speak to the nation.
Thank you, NQ for educating Shamma.

I really don't know what brand of Christianity is he pedalling here?

Everything is studied under the scrutiny of the Scripture of a religion. Here, Shamma studies the Scripture under the light, shade and scrutiny of man-made doctrines.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
How can I call God a Liar? I dare not. It is the Church, who shows that God is a liar, prophets are liars and the fool Church fathers are the Liars.
I am calling the fool, who saw three or a trinity in that verse, a Liar.
I see four in there. It was written by Isaiah about Jacob. So, the Church should accept Isaiah and Jacob as the first two Sons of your God before your God begat the third, I mean Jesus.
I Am not willing to accept silly, idiotic and distorted information.
Now, pick your stones and get ready for this biblical English:
Before Jesus was born, I Am also!
Now you see me, now you don't.
You are a clown.
There is only one way to come to God, and that is thru Jesus Christ, Gods Son.
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

JOEL wrote:
HUGH:
Jiske sapno me,
(In whose dreams)
dil lubhate rahe,
(gladdening his heart)
(smiles)
PS: This old song from a Hindi film has such a melodious tune sung in the voice of Muhammad Rafi.
How sweet!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

NotQuiter wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is what it says:
17 Thus says the Lord,
“I am the Lord your God,
In Genesis 48:15,16 we read that when Jacob invoked God's blessing upon Joseph's two sons he prayed, "The God before whom my fathers Abraham and Isaac did walk, the God who hath fed me all my life long unto this day, the angel who hath redeemed me from all evil, bless the lads...." In this passage three divine personalities are called upon to bless Joseph's sons: the God before whom Abraham and Isaac walked; the God who fed Jacob through his lifetime and the angel who redeemed him from all evil. That each is a divine personality, coequal and coeternal with the others, is clear from the fact that no Hebrew would have placed created beings upon a level with the Eternal God, as is done here.

In Isaiah 48:1-16 we see Isaiah the prophet impersonating the Messiah and speaking for Him. Verse 13 reveals Him as the Creator of the Universe. In vs. 16b He says, "And now the Lord Jehovah hath sent me, and his Spirit." In this impersonation the Messiah is saying that the Lord Jehovah has sent Him and also has sent His Spirit (the Holy Spirit). According to this verse there are three divine personalities.

In Isaiah 63:8-10 we see God the Father mentioned in vs. 8 as the Saviour of Israel; God the Son who is called "the angel of his presence" (vs. 9) and the Holy Spirit (vs. 10).

In the New Testament we find the Lord Jesus also teaching the doctrine of the three divine personalities; of their constituting a unity in the literal sense of the term.

“Go ye therefore, and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit: teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I commanded you: and lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.”(Matthew 28:19,20)

Throw away your JW Bible, it is worthless.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
How can I call God a Liar? I dare not. It is the Church, who shows that God is a liar, prophets are liars and the fool Church fathers are the Liars.
I am calling the fool, who saw three or a trinity in that verse, a Liar.
I see four in there. It was written by Isaiah about Jacob. So, the Church should accept Isaiah and Jacob as the first two Sons of your God before your God begat the third, I mean Jesus.
I Am not willing to accept silly, idiotic and distorted information.
Now, pick your stones and get ready for this biblical English:
Before Jesus was born, I Am also!
Now you see me, now you don't.
Throw away the Quran, it is worthless.
There is only one way to come to God, and that is thru Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
John 1:12
English Standard Version (ESV)
12 But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name,[Jesus Christ] he gave the right to become children of God,

John 3:7 &#9658;
New International Version (©2011)
You should not be surprised at my saying,'You must be born again.'
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>

How sweet!
Yes.

You must listen to the song sung by Muhammad Rafi.

It's so melodious.

It should preferably be heard in the night coz somehow it's a song to be heard when one is relaxed and in a romantic mood.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Sorry, the singer is Mahendra Kapoor and not Muhammad Rafi.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all of us are obsessed with these matters.
HughBe--I understand, dear. Bang little dickie on the wall it should cause it to swell.

Frijoles---Not all of us are obsessed with these matters.

HughBe--- I accept that YOU are not obsessed with your SMALL matter. Some will say that you are deeply CONCERNED about the smallness but not obsessed.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
ALl of this name calling has morphed from the original topic - you make an imaginary apparition up and blame others for it.
Frijoles---Where I come from those who rise from the dead are considered ghouls and generally avoided

HughBe--- It means that SATAN has total control and possession over your fellow elements.

Frijoles---Its ok. When I am down I used to have an imaginary friend to blame my troubles on too.
But then I graduated pre-school

HughBe--- But you have REPEATED grade 1 continuously.

Frijoles---Doesnt change the fact you have an imaginary enemy to scapegoat your inadequacies and frustrations on.

HughBe--- Indeed one Focker speaks foolishly about inadequacies and then another Focker copies and talks the same CS.
C= chicken and you know what the S stands for.

Frijoles---ALl of this name calling has morphed from the original topic

HughBe--- Jesus loves YOU Dr. Focker ( Dr. F..ker)
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

JOEL wrote:
HUGH:
Jiske sapno me,
(In whose dreams)
dil lubhate rahe,
(gladdening his heart)
(smiles)
ALWAYS keep in my that I am NOT papa. I feel uncomfortable.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
How sweet!
Too "sweet" for my taste but just what papa/Frijoles loves and Eric as well.
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Throw away the Quran, it is worthless.
There is only one way to come to God, and that is thru Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
John 1:12
English Standard Version (ESV)
12 But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name,[Jesus Christ] he gave the right to become children of God,
John 3:7 &#9658;
New International Version (©2011)
You should not be surprised at my saying,'You must be born again.'
No!

That there is only one way to come to God, and that is thru Jesus Christ, the Son of God, IS Bull Shit.

One can approach God direct. You don't need Jesus at all.
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>In Genesis 48:15,16 we read that when Jacob invoked God's blessing upon Joseph's two sons he prayed, "The God before whom my fathers Abraham and Isaac did walk, the God who hath fed me all my life long unto this day, the angel who hath redeemed me from all evil, bless the lads...." In this passage three divine personalities are called upon to bless Joseph's sons: the God before whom Abraham and Isaac walked; the God who fed Jacob through his lifetime and the angel who redeemed him from all evil. That each is a divine personality, coequal and coeternal with the others, is clear from the fact that no Hebrew would have placed created beings upon a level with the Eternal God, as is done here.
In Isaiah 48:1-16 we see Isaiah the prophet impersonating the Messiah and speaking for Him. Verse 13 reveals Him as the Creator of the Universe. In vs. 16b He says, "And now the Lord Jehovah hath sent me, and his Spirit." In this impersonation the Messiah is saying that the Lord Jehovah has sent Him and also has sent His Spirit (the Holy Spirit). According to this verse there are three divine personalities.
In Isaiah 63:8-10 we see God the Father mentioned in vs. 8 as the Saviour of Israel; God the Son who is called "the angel of his presence" (vs. 9) and the Holy Spirit (vs. 10).
In the New Testament we find the Lord Jesus also teaching the doctrine of the three divine personalities; of their constituting a unity in the literal sense of the term.
“Go ye therefore, and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit: teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I commanded you: and lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.”(Matthew 28:19,20)
Throw away your JW Bible, it is worthless.
Throw away your Bible, which is full of fraud and forgeries.

“Go ye therefore, and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit: teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I commanded you: and lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.” IS also a Bull Shit.

I have told you that the verse is a fraud! How long must I educate you?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

"If thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light."

Jesus

QUESTION:

What is the reference to?

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe--I understand, dear. Bang little dickie on the wall it should cause it to swell.
Frijoles---Not all of us are obsessed with these matters.
HughBe--- I accept that YOU are not obsessed with your SMALL matter. Some will say that you are deeply CONCERNED about the smallness but not obsessed.
You know, most people would get the not so subtle and direct hint quit acting like a pervert.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••