Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 250886 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#170421 Apr 2, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>I understand you are politely explaining your ignorance.
For that does not explain any thing other then what is already known about the word God.
You are off on a different tangent away from the biblical explanation of how God acted out His plan of salvation.

And that is were God reveals Himself in a biblical way as being a TRINITY.
Like I said before you are attempting to create a different God other than the God of the Bible.

I am LMAO! At your attempt to be an intelligent person.
You keep putting your foot in your mouth every time you post to me.
Next time you post to me take your foot out of your mouth.
Every time I see your answer, it looks like you keep your head in your arse!

That God reveals Himself in a biblical way as being a TRINITY, is Horse Shit. Some pagan bloody fools came up with the Trinity bull shit and ignorant fools like you accept that junk and stuff.

God has never revealed anything or anything about himself in the New Testament. So, please do not bull shit!

Why do you lie against God and the obedient servant Jesus, the noble Son of Mary?

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#170422 Apr 2, 2013
NotQuiter wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's how I figure it. We are finite, meaning we have a beginning and we (generally speaking <g>) know we have an end, namely, death. Since we have a beginning, it is virtually impossible for us as human beings to imagine something or someone with no beginning. Yet -- so it seems from the Bible that God had no beginning. This is not a concept I mentally can deal with, but that seems to be what it is. And I do not logically try to examine it, except to say that (1) it is beyond my realm of understanding, yet (2) that is what the scriptures seem to be saying. Further, the Supreme God does not make himself God. He IS God. I know this is a difficult concept for many to accept, but I don't have 'too' much trouble with it, since I believe creation AND the Bible testify to 'His' existence. Therefore, I accept that.
The only thing I said to the lunatic of Mumabi is that even if he labels the creation out of nothing as absurd or silly, he does the same with his unproven belief.

You accept what the Bible testifies? The Bible doesn't testify anything, it just makes affermations and certain people wanted to believe it without any rational explication.

If the Bible says God was angry and sent down the great flood, you believe it although it's already proven either logically and scientifically, such an event that covered up the entire planet of water never taken place.
bmz

Singapore

#170423 Apr 2, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Your post is blasphemy.
For you added words that God did not say.
And there is no explanation of Gods attributes in your post.
You can't explain God, but you can and do ridicule God on these post.
Just as you did in your post.
Your turn now. Explain God but please do not talk about the Trinity Horse Shit. Thanks

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#170424 Apr 2, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not aware of the fact that he did so and if he did it then well his behavior was not befitting of a yogi.
Luckily for the rest of us, no one is claiming he was a yogi. Only you were claiming that.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#170425 Apr 2, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said before you are attempting to create a different God other than the God of the Bible.
that would be YOUR "Bible", as noone else would agree with your ideas.
Alex123 WM

Bradford, UK

#170426 Apr 2, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Alex, you a running away Muslim from answering my post.
Come on big mouth Muslim talk to me?
You talk big like a big know it all, but now you run away like a dog with his rail beneath his ass.
Explain what Jesus is saying Alex?
"I Am the Bread of Life"
Jesus said, "I tell you the truth, Moses didn't give you bread from heaven. My Father did. And now he offers you the true bread from heaven. The true bread of God is the one who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world."
"Sir," they said, "give us that bread every day."
Jesus replied, "I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never be hungry again. Whoever believes in me will never be thirsty."9
"I am the Light of the world"
Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."10
"I give them eternal life"
"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand."11
Judge of the Living and the Dead
"For as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, so also the Son gives life to whom he will. The Father judges no one, but has given all judgment to the Son, that all may honor the Son, just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent him."12
Able to Forgive Sins
"...that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins"--he then said to the paralytic--"Rise, pick up your bed and go home." And he rose and went home. When the crowds saw it, they were afraid, and they glorified God..."13
Not of This World
He said to them, "You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am he you will die in your sins."14
Is Jesus God? Jesus quotes: What he said he was sent here to do...
To Die in Our Place
"I came that they may have life and have it abundantly. I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep....I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me, just as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I lay down my life for the sheep."15
To Rise from the Dead
"The Son of Man is going to be betrayed into the hands of his enemies. He will be killed, but three days later he will rise from the dead."16
To Save Us - To Give Us Eternal Life
"For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him. There is no judgment against anyone who believes in him. But anyone who does not believe in him has already been judged for not believing in God's one and only Son."17
To Give Us Eternal Life
"For it is my Father's will that all who see his Son and believe in him should have eternal life. I will raise them up at the last day."18
To Have a Relationship with Us
"...he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.... If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him."19
Please stop making a fool of yourself.
Answer my questions properly or be decent enough to admit failure.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#170427 Apr 2, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Luckily for the rest of us, no one is claiming he was a yogi. Only you were claiming that.
A fanatical retard like you will not understand Jesus.

Jesus was a yogi of quite a high order and was united in consciousness with the typal being of the 7th cosmic plane.

The NT has quite a few references to Jesus' mystical experiences.

Is this a reference to yogic faculties?

"When thy eyes are single, thy body is filled with light."

(Matt 6:22)

(smiles)
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#170428 Apr 2, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Your turn now. Explain God but please do not talk about the Trinity Horse Shit. Thanks
rabbee: this is everything you need to know, about BIUNE G-D for right now. least you confuse, yourself some more.

"(and G-D said, "let US make Adam in OUR IMAGE, after OUR LIKENESS, they shall rule over the fish in the sea, the birds of the sky, and over the animal, the whole earth, and every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth. so G-D created Adam in HIS IMAGE, in The Image of G-D HE created HIM; male and female HE created them. G-D blessed them, and G-D said to them, "be fruitful and multiply, fill the earth and subdue it: and rule over the fish in the sea, the bird of the sky, and every living thing that moves on the earth. ")"

so meditate on this a while, and tell me there are not these TWO HALVES of THE ONE G-D. as THE TWO most major Attributes of G-D, is HE/SHE in ONE.
Alex123 WM

Bradford, UK

#170429 Apr 2, 2013
NotQuiter wrote:
<quoted text>
I laugh too easily sometimes. I have a formerly Catholic friend who, rofl, when we "discuss" certain questions, looks at me straight-faced and then asks: is there a stone too heavy for God to lift? and then we both laugh. I laugh sometimes when no one else is laughing.:-) That is one reason why I might be thrown out of a courtroom sometimes.
<quoted text>
Can't really be answered by a trinitarian -- too well anyway, except with obfuscation.
<quoted text>
Another good one.
<quoted text>
? I'm not up to par on that one.
<quoted text>
Yes, lol, I'd like to know how that one is explained, especially since some take every word literally ANYWAY.
<quoted text>
Another good one.
<quoted text>
LOL
<quoted text>
You, too. I can laugh, but looking at the state of humanity, it is sad. And -- it is really very serious. But it's good to laugh sometimes.
Thank you again NQ for your great comments.
Our laughter is not mockery!
Laughter is one of the best medicines!
Have a great evening.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#170430 Apr 2, 2013
Jesus' famous words - "I and my father are one" - are a clear reference to the nondual union in consciousness of the subject with the object experienced by him.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#170431 Apr 2, 2013
Jesus said, "The Kingdom of Heaven is within you."

(Luke 17:21)

What is the mystical meaning of this remark?
Bufords Mother

Bradford, UK

#170432 Apr 2, 2013
Your Mother wrote:
<quoted text>Al Ex the Phallocentric,
When, oh, when, will you deign to have sex with a woman, you know, those creatures -inferior, certainly- who have been designed for that specific purpose, so that even you, magnificent but frustrated, can be fruitful and multiply?
My son is a virgin as his father ran away without telling him about birds and the bees.
Bee sting "excites" him!
He is hoping to get done by a queen bee.
Bufords Mother

Bradford, UK

#170433 Apr 2, 2013
JOEL wrote:
Alex's best friend, a Catholic, sired both his sons since Alex being gay could not do so for obvious reasons and besides his prophet set a bad example of gay sex by sucking, hugging and kissing the phallic stone in the kaaba. These days Al's finding it real hard to make two ends meet (not that he was ever well-off) given the fact that he failed the O level exam as a kid and as bad luck would have it he recently got thrown out of his last job as a toilet cleaner at a public toilet, where, like dear Hugh, poor Al would eye guys peeing while at the same time manage his duties of washing clean the smelly loos. Maybe Buford can loan him a few dollars and Hugh can empathize with this brainless, eugenically abnormal, demon-possessed, hyper-fanatical sub-human type.
How did allah manage to create the cosmos from nothing. retard?
(smiles)
take your kundilini concoction.
Bufords Mother

Bradford, UK

#170434 Apr 2, 2013
ana wrote:
<quoted text>
Shamma the bible has been rewritten and altered the modern day bible doesnt even hardly represent the message in earlier bibles or biblical texts
The bible was used for political means
Hello Ana, thank you for responding to Shamma's post.
Shamma is unable to stick to a simple rule of answering the questions put to him/her.
You are correct. What they call the holy bible is simply a misnomer in itself.
Bufords Mother

Bradford, UK

#170435 Apr 2, 2013
ana wrote:
<quoted text>
Alex have you watched the Robert beckford series ??? About the alterations in the bible
Thank you. There are a few Robert Beckfords. Are you referring to the C4 series.
Yes, very interesting indeed.
The bible already contains a few "corrections".
On top of that the "christians" have added trinity and divinity to make things worse.
Changing the bible or "modernising" it at any cost is an admission of failure.
Once altered/changed, it ceases to be from "god"
Shamma is left to pick up the pieces.
Alex123 WM

Bradford, UK

#170436 Apr 2, 2013
JOEL wrote:
Jesus said, "The Kingdom of Heaven is within you."
(Luke 17:21)
What is the mystical meaning of this remark?
broke back mountain
Alex123 WM

Bradford, UK

#170437 Apr 2, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
A fanatical retard like you will not understand Jesus.
Jesus was a yogi of quite a high order and was united in consciousness with the typal being of the 7th cosmic plane.
The NT has quite a few references to Jesus' mystical experiences.
Is this a reference to yogic faculties?
"When thy eyes are single, thy body is filled with light."
(Matt 6:22)
(smiles)
YOni+linGA = YOGA
Alex123 WM

Bradford, UK

#170438 Apr 2, 2013
JOEL wrote:
Jesus' famous words - "I and my father are one" - are a clear reference to the nondual union in consciousness of the subject with the object experienced by him.
bumbay boy..
Explain it in english please.
bmz

Singapore

#170439 Apr 2, 2013
JOEL wrote:
That is bullshit, Fool!

There is nothing great in it. Even the English is bad! It sounds like an Indian English style.

Should have been "My Father and I.........."
Alex123 WM

Bradford, UK

#170440 Apr 2, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole Quran, like the stupid and evil Tanakh, is pure bull shit.
I think the nonsense in these anti-existence books have been discussed on many occasions in the past.
oxy-moron....
pure and bullsh*t.....?
i suppose you rub the bullsh*t ash on your yogic forehead?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 11 hr thetruth 4,348
News This Halloween, Think of Islam as a Religion of... Tue Im a poet and I k... 2
News Who Is Allah? (Jul '08) May 22 Joel 13,168
News Atheist billboard near Lincoln Tunnel scheduled... (Nov '10) May 19 Patrick 219
Convert me from Agnostic to Atheist May 19 New Beginning 1
News Witches for Sanders? Democratic Candidate Finds... May 16 Truth 2
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) May 16 Eagle 12 770
More from around the web