Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 203,486

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#170343 Apr 1, 2013
Jesus called Himself the "Son of God" throughout the Gospels,(John 3:16-18), and the disciples also identified Him as the Son of God in their writings,(Rom 1:3).

Further, Jesus identified Himself as God revealed in the flesh,(John 8:58), and His disciples identified Him as God,(John 1:1, Phil 2:5-11). How could Jesus be The Son of God, and God at the same time? What does this term - "Son of God" mean? And if Jesus is the Son, in what way is Jesus God's Son? Did God have physical relations with Mary and get her pregnant?

Many Muslims do not understand what this term, according to Christian theology, actually means. They have asked me these or similar questions. This paper focuses on what the term "Son of God" signifies in Christian theology with respect to Muslim understanding.

MUSLIMS AND THE SON OF GOD

Muhammad, the founder of Islam, misunderstood what the term "Son of God" meant with respect to Christianity. He thought of it only in terms of sexual reproduction, i.e. that God fathered a child through sexual intercourse with Mary. Therefore he spoke out against it.

Christians also reject that God had physical intercourse with Mary, but we understand Christ being God's Son as an analogical term. We believe that the eternal Son of God, one with the Father from all eternity, united to Him in one Spirit, "became flesh and dwelt among us" (John 1:14), and took "the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men" (Philippians 2:7). We believe in the incarnation of the Son of God.

Muhammad did hear the Christians proclaim Jesus the Messiah as God's Son, but understanding or not, he specifically denied that Jesus was the Son of God. He said in the Quran,
Sura 2:116 - "They say: "God has begotten a son". Glory be to Him. No, to Him belongs all that is in the heavens and on earth: everything renders worship to Him."

and, Sura 9:30 - "The Christians say the Messiah is the Son of God, that is a saying from their mouths."

Muhammad was unable to distinguish between the Christian belief in Jesus as the Son of God and the Arab Pagan belief in idols as offspring of God, i.e., Al-Lat, Al-Uzza, and Manat,(these were idols worshipped around Mecca as daughters of the supreme God - or Allah). Muhammad misunderstood that Christians in no way consider Jesus - the Son of God, in the same way the Arab Pagans understood their idols.

Muhammad's misconception of the Sonship of Christ is another proof that the Quran was not revealed to him by God, but rather it was built upon Muhammad's own concepts and ideology.

Because of Muhammad's misunderstanding, Islam places limits on God's power. In view of this, a Christian writer commented that "to assert that God has no Son because He has no wife is like saying that God is not living because He does not draw breath." Daniel, "Islam and the West, p.182.

Continued:
John

Australia

#170344 Apr 1, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>The God of the Bible is forgery to you.
You do not even accept the truth about Muhammad.
you call them lies and bull-shit.
Yeh, no muslim has the guts to answer questions about the despicable character of the false prophet.
The rapes.
The murders.
The child molesting.
The tyranny.
The lies.
The looting and stealing.
They prefer to try to slander the Son Of God.
Horrific and comical.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#170345 Apr 1, 2013
WHAT THE TERM "SON OF GOD" SIGNIFIES

The expression "Son of God", is an analogical term. It indicates origin, a close association, or identification. In Christian theology it describes the relationship of two persons of the triune God. It expresses an intimate relationship between two persons: God the Father, and God the Son - Jesus the Messiah.

Here are several scriptures illustrating this facet of their relationship:
John 17:5 - "And now Father, glorify me in Your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began."
Here Jesus stated that He was with the Father before the world began.

Colossians 1:13-20 "For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins. He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities all things were created by him and for him.

He is before all things and in him all things hold together. And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead so that in everything He might have the supremacy.

For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him and through him to reconcile to himself all things whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross."

Here, we see the term "Son of God", brought to light: "the image of the invisible God".

Hebrews 1:1-3 "In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days He has spoken to us by His Son whom He appointed heir of all things and through whom He made the universe. The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of His being, sustaining all things by His powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven."

Again, we see the relationship between the Father and the Son disclosed, "the exact representation of His being".

John 1:1-3, 10, 14, 18 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made; without Him, nothing was made that has been made......(10) He was in the world and though the world was made through Him, the world did not recognize Him....(14) The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us. We have seen His glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father full of grace and truth......(18) No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father's side has made Him known."

John 14:8, 10 "Don't you know me Phillip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, "Show us the Father"? Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me?"

Jesus plainly told Phillip, "Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father".

From these verses we see that in Christ, the invisible God is revealed. Jesus was with the Father before the world began. Christ, as God the Son, is the Creator of all things. God in all His fullness, dwelt in Christ, reconciling the world.

We see that Christ, as the Son of God - God's representation, is God manifest and revealed to the world. Angels, prophets, and things can reveal to us something about God.

But God alone can reveal God. It takes God to reveal Himself to mankind. What better way for the eternal revealer to be revealed to mankind on earth than by clothing His self-expresion in human form?











bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#170346 Apr 1, 2013
Shamma wrote:
WHAT THE TERM "SON OF GOD" SIGNIFIES
The expression "Son of God", is an analogical term. It indicates origin, a close association, or identification. In Christian theology it describes the relationship of two persons of the triune God. It expresses an intimate relationship between two persons: God the Father, and God the Son - Jesus the Messiah.
Here are several scriptures illustrating this facet of their relationship:
John 17:5 - "And now Father, glorify me in Your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began."
Here Jesus stated that He was with the Father before the world began.
Colossians 1:13-20 "For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins. He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities all things were created by him and for him.
He is before all things and in him all things hold together. And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead so that in everything He might have the supremacy.
For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him and through him to reconcile to himself all things whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross."
Here, we see the term "Son of God", brought to light: "the image of the invisible God".
Hebrews 1:1-3 "In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days He has spoken to us by His Son whom He appointed heir of all things and through whom He made the universe. The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of His being, sustaining all things by His powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven."
Again, we see the relationship between the Father and the Son disclosed, "the exact representation of His being".
John 1:1-3, 10, 14, 18 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made; without Him, nothing was made that has been made......(10) He was in the world and though the world was made through Him, the world did not recognize Him....(14) The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us. We have seen His glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father full of grace and truth......(18) No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father's side has made Him known."
John 14:8, 10 "Don't you know me Phillip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, "Show us the Father"? Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me?"
Jesus plainly told Phillip, "Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father".
From these verses we see that in Christ, the invisible God is revealed. Jesus was with the Father before the world began. Christ, as God the Son, is the Creator of all things. God in all His fullness, dwelt in Christ, reconciling the world.
We see that Christ, as the Son of God - God's representation, is God manifest and revealed to the world. Angels, prophets, and things can reveal to us something about God.
But God alone can reveal God. It takes God to reveal Himself to mankind. What better way for the eternal revealer to be revealed to mankind on earth than by clothing His self-expresion in human form?
Why do you keep repeating the same bull shit?

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#170348 Apr 1, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>The God of the Bible is forgery to you.

you call them lies and bull-shit.
So, tell me where can I find the Trinity Bull Shit mentioned and explained by Jesus?

I have already told you that the absurd Triune God was man-made and Trinity only appeared in the late 6th Century.

How can I believe the bull shit that Trinity or the Triune God is the God of the Bible?

Did Jesus utter the following horse shit?

"The Father is God, I am God and the holy Spirit is God."

You can see that Jesus never bull shitted that God was Triune or a Trinity.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#170349 Apr 1, 2013
ana wrote:
<quoted text>
Shamma the bible has been rewritten and altered the modern day bible doesnt even hardly represent the message in earlier bibles or biblical texts
The bible was used for political means
If that us true then your Muslim Allah god is weak and a dumb screw up allowing his holy book to be treated as trash.

You dumb Muslim.
The Quran has already been classified as a fraud.
So now what?

You prove your Muslim Allah god is no god at all.
And you prove that Muslims are savages and the evil people in the world.

All over the world Muslims go crazy killing among them self and
innocent people for what?

Tell me the reason why Muslims are crazy people?

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#170350 Apr 1, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text> Jesus said it and God said it.
John 10:36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?
Still one does not see any Trinity in that bullshit!

So many people have inserted their own thoughts in that passage, which makes it a nonsense.

NIV UK: "Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said,“I am God’s Son”? "

The Jews knew perfectly well and fully understood the term God's son. Making it God's Son or Son of God is ridiculous.

Read 14th Century translations. No Son of God and no God's son. Simply God's son.

John has been cooked up by many Johns, while they were sitting in Johns.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#170351 Apr 1, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
If that us true then your Muslim Allah god is weak and a dumb screw up allowing his holy book to be treated as trash.
You dumb Muslim.
The Quran has already been classified as a fraud.
So now what?
You prove your Muslim Allah god is no god at all.
And you prove that Muslims are savages and the evil people in the world.
All over the world Muslims go crazy killing among them self and
innocent people for what?
Tell me the reason why Muslims are crazy people?
Ana was right when she wrote: " Shamma the bible has been rewritten and altered the modern day bible doesnt even hardly represent the message in earlier bibles or biblical texts
The bible was used for political means."

Read this and treat it like you treat the Bible.

The title is: The Forged origins of the New Testament

http://www.nexusmagazine.com/index.php...

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#170352 Apr 1, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>The God of the Bible is forgery to you.

you call them lies and bull-shit.
The Christian Bible was written and compiled about a man. God does not do the talking in the New Testament, men do.

I call a spade only an spade. It is not my fault that the Christian Bible is full of lies, forgeries and multiple editing.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#170353 Apr 1, 2013
Shamma,

Don't miss reading this eye-opener:

http://www.nexusmagazine.com/index.php...

Thanks for reading.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#170354 Apr 1, 2013
Shamma,

We will discuss some extracts from the info given here:

http://www.nexusmagazine.com/index.php...

Bye for now, Shamma.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#170355 Apr 1, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
So, tell me where can I find the Trinity Bull Shit mentioned and explained by Jesus?
I have already told you that the absurd Triune God was man-made and Trinity only appeared in the late 6th Century.
How can I believe the bull shit that Trinity or the Triune God is the God of the Bible?
Did Jesus utter the following horse shit?
"The Father is God, I am God and the holy Spirit is God."
You can see that Jesus never bull shitted that God was Triune or a Trinity.
Do you eat bananas or do you suck on bananas?
Your brain is dead.

You told your self that the Triune God was man made.
You don't tell me Muslim, I am not you slave boy.
So get that in your head.

You want to debate the Bible? Then you need to prepare and translate the meaning of scripture instead of just calling every thing a forgery and bull-shit.

I gave you Scripture to translate the meaning, and you like a Muslim coward run away like a dog with his tail beneath his ass.

Your whole vocabulary only consist of the words-absurd, forgery, and bull-shit and now then the words horse shit.

When I post I translate the meaning of Scripture.
so one can understand it.

You have no understanding of Gods Holy Scriptures.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#170356 Apr 1, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ana was right when she wrote: " Shamma the bible has been rewritten and altered the modern day bible doesnt even hardly represent the message in earlier bibles or biblical texts
The bible was used for political means."
Read this and treat it like you treat the Bible.
The title is: The Forged origins of the New Testament
http://www.nexusmagazine.com/index.php...
You dumb ass, you don't understand what is being said in your link.
The Church must take the scriptures for granted for it is founded on the truth of the scriptures.

You dumb ass Muslim, you void out the whole history of the Church as thou there is no history of the existence of Jesus Christ on earth.

By you own stupidity you acknowledge the Quran to be a fraud, of which it is to begin with in the first place.

You have no sense of reality.

You mind is bankrupt of rational reasoning and rational logic.
With your type of reasoning it is easy to see why Muslims are crazy people that kill among them self and innocent people.

With a mind that is bankrupt like your mind BMZ of rational reasoning and rational logic there is nothing more to expect out of Muslims except more killing.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#170357 Apr 1, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you keep repeating the same bull shit?
You mind is bull-shit.

What I post is what Gods Holy bible is all about.
From Genesis to Revelations the Bible is about Gods Son Jesus Christ.

There is no other way to enter into Gods Kingdom except thru Jesus Christ.

No matter if you believe in Jesus Christ or not, at the last judgment you will face Jesus Christ as your judge.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#170358 Apr 1, 2013
Shamma,

Please read this too. We will discuss the absurdities in the New Testament later.

http://www.skeptically.org/bible/id2.html

Thanks
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#170359 Apr 1, 2013
Even if the Quran is extant/unaltered, yet it teachings are pure bull shit. Following the Quran has converted Islamic nations and Muslims into retards. LOL.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#170360 Apr 1, 2013
bmz wrote:
Shamma,
Please read this too. We will discuss the absurdities in the New Testament later.
http://www.skeptically.org/bible/id2.html
Thanks
There are no absurdities.
Cable's commentary is based on the idea that there is no God.
He is attempting to persuade the reader that God is a fraud.

His view of the Virgin birth of Jesus is humorous at most.
All through his commentary there is the lack of faith in God.
His understanding of prophecy is non existence.
He fails to acknowledge the existence of historical events that came true thru prophecy.
He is appealing to non believers, those that are believers see his errors.
And by his errors he confirms the believers right to have faith in the Bible.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#170361 Apr 2, 2013
uhuh wrote:
<quoted text>
why can't christians even agree on how many Persons/Beings to worship?
NQ believes in 1 God
you believe in 2 Gods
Shamma beleieves in 3 Gods
Hi. Shamma and others will probably tell you they believe in one God. I would like to make this clear. The Bible says that there is one God above all. It is helpful to define what the word 'god' means. It means mighty or powerful one, and the Hebrew word,'el,' translated as god, is said to possibly come from a Canaanite word for god. The etymology of the word 'el' is not clearly known. The God of Israel is a living God, and made Himself clear to the nation. Elohim, in essence the plural for god, signifies the majesty and absolute power of God above all, but does not mean multiple gods in one, according to the God of Israel, or true God.

The Bible describes others as gods, or el, occasionally elohim. Jesus, for instance, is said to be a mighty god in the sense of having been given power and responsibility. Others, such as angels and human judges, are also described as gods in the Bible.(powerful ones, el, or elohim) The devil is also figured as a god, the god of this world. So the word god can be used in various contexts, although to true Christians there is only one true God and God is not a trinity.

Jesus prayed to God in heaven. Jesus was not "God on earth" as if he were part of a trinity and 100% man and god at the same time. Adam, the first man, came from the earth. Jesus came from heaven. He described it this way, at John 8:23: He said to them,“You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world."

Jesus, although he came from heaven, was a man and not God on earth.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#170362 Apr 2, 2013
uhuh wrote:
<quoted text>
why can't christians even agree on how many Persons/Beings to worship?
NQ believes in 1 God
you believe in 2 Gods
Shamma beleieves in 3 Gods
I have to admit I got a chuckle out of that.

baby steps, baby steps...

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#170363 Apr 2, 2013
uhuh wrote:
<quoted text>
why can't christians even agree on how many Persons/Beings to worship?
NQ believes in 1 God
you believe in 2 Gods
Shamma beleieves in 3 Gods
You are a dumb Muslim.
There is only One God.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bloomfield woman behind Ten Commandments monume... Oct 10 Liam R 3
Wiccan Arrested on Child Rape Charges (Apr '10) Oct 9 Lee County NC 46
I...(gulp) am a Pagan Agnostic Taoist Sep 28 Ol Fuddy Duddy 2
Respecting belief: why should you? And why shou... Sep '14 thetruth 21
Pagan caught performing naked ritual with teena... (Nov '12) Sep '14 Kathwynn 14
Who exactly was Gjoub, and should I trust him? (Mar '09) Sep '14 Kathwynn 503
SHADOW PEOPLE... i need help (May '07) Aug '14 Only1Likeme212 347

Pagan/Wiccan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE