Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256297 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

george whyte

London, UK

#170273 Apr 1, 2013
Man shoots his father at Easter Sunday church service while screaming that it 'is the will of Allah'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-23020...

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#170274 Apr 1, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles---Where I come from those who rise from the dead are considered ghouls and generally avoided
HughBe--- It means that SATAN has total control and possession over your fellow elements.
Frijoles---Its ok. When I am down I used to have an imaginary friend to blame my troubles on too.
But then I graduated pre-school
HughBe--- But you have REPEATED grade 1 continuously.
Doesnt change the fact you have an imaginary enemy to scapegoat your inadequacies and frustrations on.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#170275 Apr 1, 2013
Persecuted Arab Christians in the Middle East are making a beeline for the US.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#170276 Apr 1, 2013
ALLAH IS NOT FICTITIOUS. ALLAH EXISTS
By J. Grant Swank, Jr.
www.MichNews.com
Jun 27, 2005

Certain atheists in particular consign Allah to superstition. Some religionists do the same by relegating Islam’s deity, Allah, to a figment of the Muslim imagination.

The truth is that Allah is not a figment of anyone’s imagination nor fictitious nor a part of superstitious lore. Allah exists.

In the Old Testament Jehovah warned the Israelites not to intermingle with pagan cultures, especially not to marry anyone within those heathen conclaves. Jehovah explicitly stated that doing same would open the Israeli mind to worship the pagan gods.

If the pagan gods were merely superstitions or figments of the pagan imaginations, then what was there actually to fear? It is true that even a figment of the imagination that is not lined up with eternal truth can waylay a soul from Jehovah. But the matter was far worse than that.

Jehovah prohibited His own people from worshiping other gods for those other gods actually existed. In what form did they exist? They existed as demons, cohorts with the King of the Pit, Lucifer, the fallen Angel of Light.

It is the same with Allah. Allah exists in actuality as the King of the Pit, Lucifer, the fallen Angel of Light. Therefore, when Muslims pray to Allah, it is not merely a figment of their imagination to whom they pray. They pray to a real power. They pray to the Devil.

The Bible states that the only true God is the God of the Bible. All other deities are demons appearing as deities.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#170277 Apr 1, 2013
JOEL wrote:
Poor Jamaican - he can't afford an interior designer to plan and execute the painting in his run-down house and so he's doing his own painting that's sure to be a patchy piece of work. Yuck. LMAO.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with doing your own work you little boy with a big complex.
If you can't cook...you go out to eat salmonella food.
If you can't paint...you ask a clown to help.
If you can't reason...you cut and paste.
If you can't make love...do you get a fellow waiter to do it for you?
(smiles!!)

Location hidden

#170278 Apr 1, 2013
Jesus declared He is God.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#170279 Apr 1, 2013
george whyte wrote:
Man shoots his father at Easter Sunday church service while screaming that it 'is the will of Allah'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-23020...
hindu george returns with his hate mail!
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#170280 Apr 1, 2013
Shamma wrote:
By J. Grant Swank, Jr.
www.MichNews.com
Jun 27, 2005
Certain atheists in particular consign Allah to superstition. Some religionists do the same by relegating Islam’s deity, Allah, to a figment of the Muslim imagination.
The truth is that Allah is not a figment of anyone’s imagination nor fictitious nor a part of superstitious lore. Allah exists.
In the Old Testament Jehovah warned the Israelites not to intermingle with pagan cultures, especially not to marry anyone within those heathen conclaves. Jehovah explicitly stated that doing same would open the Israeli mind to worship the pagan gods.
If the pagan gods were merely superstitions or figments of the pagan imaginations, then what was there actually to fear? It is true that even a figment of the imagination that is not lined up with eternal truth can waylay a soul from Jehovah. But the matter was far worse than that.
Jehovah prohibited His own people from worshiping other gods for those other gods actually existed. In what form did they exist? They existed as demons, cohorts with the King of the Pit, Lucifer, the fallen Angel of Light.
It is the same with Allah. Allah exists in actuality as the King of the Pit, Lucifer, the fallen Angel of Light. Therefore, when Muslims pray to Allah, it is not merely a figment of their imagination to whom they pray. They pray to a real power. They pray to the Devil.
The Bible states that the only true God is the God of the Bible. All other deities are demons appearing as deities.
HELP!!!

Who is the "god" of YOUR bible?

BJ or the G-d of the JEWS?

Thank you!
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#170281 Apr 1, 2013
NotQuiter wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand. It is (more than sometimes) irritating when someone like "shamma" goes on rants about the unsupportable, and then brings out flaws while refusing to acknowledge the mote in his own figurative eye. But -- that's the way it is with many. It ain't easy to acknowledge one's own faults, but the sad thing is when someone holds himself up as the pinnacle of truth which is riddled with flaws, not realizing the hatred he brings upon himself and his ideas because of those beliefs and pronouncements. Real sad. I don't know Islam's beliefs about Satan,but according to the way I see things, all those sad beliefs that such ones bring forth makes them poster boys for satan, even if he doesn't realize it or acknowledge it. I leave it at that.
Thank you for understanding my position NQ.
Yes, I also agree that..there are doing their best to be satan's poster boys!
Peace..

Location hidden

#170282 Apr 1, 2013
Jesus resurrection was real and proved Jesus is the Son of God.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#170283 Apr 1, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Thank you for confirming that the deities of the Trinity are demons appearing as deities.

The Bible has done a good job by not having Trinity Bull Shit and I sincerely suggest that you give up Trinity, which is just a fiction. Too many cooks have spoiled the God broth.

Let us join hands together and pray for an early demise of the good-for-nothing Trinity. Aaaaaamen!

Good night!

bmz

Location hidden

#170284 Apr 1, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Jesus declared He is God.
That is bullshit, Shamma. There has to be only one God. If you want to keep Jesus as God, then dump the Father. Good night.

Location hidden

#170285 Apr 1, 2013
Does Jesus in fact say that He is God’s Son, not just infer it?

Mark says it at the outset of his gospel (1:1).

The angel told Mary her child would be the Son of God (Luke 1:35).

John the Baptist said the same thing (John 1:34).

Nathanael said it (John 1:49).

Martha believed it (John 11:27).

The centurion said so (Matthew 27:54).

Jesus claimed that He said so (John 10:36).

Jesus clearly implies it in John 11:4.

The demons called Jesus the Son of God (Matthew 8:29; Luke 4:41; Mark 3:11).

The charge against Jesus was that He claimed to be the Son of God (Matthew 27:43; John 19:7), a claim He never denied, and virtually admitted (Luke 22:70).

The Gospel of John was written to convince the reader that Jesus was the Son of God (John 20:31).

Why, you might ask, does Jesus not say so plainly. I think the answer is found in Matthew 16:15-17:

15 He said to them,“And who do you say that I am?” 16 Simon Peter answered,“You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” 17 And Jesus answered him,“You are blessed, Simon son of Jonah, because flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but my Father in heaven!”(Matthew 16:15-17).

Jesus did not want Peter and His disciples to believe He was the Son of God just because He said so. He wanted God to bring them to this conclusion, based upon the overwhelming evidence of Scripture and our Lord’s life and teaching.
bmz

Location hidden

#170286 Apr 1, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Jesus resurrection was real and proved Jesus is the Son of God.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =4LFrocL3U8cXX
Another Bull Shit, Shamma. Now, let me go to bed. Don't submot any more bull shit for five minutes. Thanks. Good night

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#170287 Apr 1, 2013
Shamma wrote:
By J. Grant Swank, Jr.
www.MichNews.com
Jun 27, 2005
Look at the last sentence:

"The Bible states that the only true God is the God of the Bible."

Similarly the Quran makes us understand that the only true god is the god of the Quran.

One has to believe in something because the book he believes say so?

Affermations like that are not aimed to rationalization and objectivism but to believers who find the "truth" with the most meaningless and superficial sentences.

As for Allah being other than a demon, well, Mr Swank is being superficial, because demons may exist but it doesn't mean Allah is one of them. For what we know Allah may be an invention of Muhammad. And to begin with, he needs to prove the existence of demons and then find a demon by name Allah, and then verify that that Allah is the same entity that sent messeges to Muhammad.

Did he do all that? Not at all. Why do you report his thought then?

I say good luck to him or any other who wants to find that out.
bmz

Location hidden

#170288 Apr 1, 2013
Correction, Shamma

Should read: "Don't submit any more bull shit for five minutes."

Location hidden

#170289 Apr 1, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for confirming that the deities of the Trinity are demons appearing as deities.
The Bible has done a good job by not having Trinity Bull Shit and I sincerely suggest that you give up Trinity, which is just a fiction. Too many cooks have spoiled the God broth.
Let us join hands together and pray for an early demise of the good-for-nothing Trinity. Aaaaaamen!
Good night!
But Muslims do not worship the God of the Holy Bible.
Muslims worship the Devil.
By J. Grant Swank, Jr.
www.MichNews.com
Jun 27, 2005

Alex123 WM

London, UK

#170290 Apr 1, 2013
NotQuiter wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, when discussing 'glory,''divine,' or the word 'god,' one must search both the meanings and the context of such words with the spirit of the truth and God's help, because many organizations and teachers have gone forth with erroneous teachings.(As you already know.)
No, Jesus never claimed he was god or a trinity. As you have suggested, how can god die? Did he re-enter his dead body? God does not work against himself. Even if 1/3 of god died, of 1/2 of 1/3 (only his 'body'), God does not work against himself by making it sublime to the point of the ridiculous.
Yes, it must be explained as a mystery. When Jesus said, with God all things are possible, I don't think he meant that he, Jesus, was God, or that it is possible Jesus was part of a trinity.(To narrow it down a bit. <g>) OK, well I don't want to tire you out, so I will be brief. Thank you for your responses.
Glad you liked my comments about the "heavy stone" that God can't lift and the "kingdom" from which God can't banish me!!
Again I agree with your comments.

This is why I asked them:
- Who died? Father, Son or Ghost.
- Who was born? Father, Son or Ghost.
- Who was resurrected (Mark is clear about NONE being resurrcted)? Father, Son or Ghost
- How does Son sit on right hand of Father who is also co equal, co eternal and consubstantial? Where is ghost when this happens?

- They say the ghost was in many before the arrival of Jesus, then why do they claim that Jesus was referring to the ghost when he talked about "comforter", saying he had to go away to send the comforter.
- Does it mean the ghost was not around when Jesus was on earth? We know the dove has been down on Jesus!

You see, they are unable to make a single sensible claim when they are burdened by the abomination known as trinity!
Have a great day.

Location hidden

#170291 Apr 1, 2013
Did Jesus Ever Say He was God?

Jesus quotes - is Jesus God? Investigate these interesting claims...

Others were convinced that Jesus was God:
Paul: "Christ is the visible image of the invisible God."1
John: "He existed in the beginning with God."2
Peter: "you must worship Christ as Lord of your life."3

But what did Jesus say about himself?

Did he ever identify himself as God? According to the Bible...absolutely! Below are some of the statements he made.

Is Jesus God? Jesus quotes: He said he was equal to God...

Lived Before Abraham
"Your father Abraham rejoiced as he looked forward to my coming. He saw it and was glad."
The people said, "You aren't even fifty years old. How can you say you have seen Abraham?"
Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, before Abraham was even born, I Am!"4

Equal to God
"The Father and I are one."
Once again the people picked up stones to kill him.
Jesus said, "At my Father's direction I have done many good works. For which one are you going to stone me?"
They replied, "We're stoning you not for any good work, but for blasphemy! You, a mere man, claim to be God."5

To See Jesus is to See God
Jesus shouted to the crowds, "If you trust me, you are trusting not only me, but also God who sent me. For when you see me, you are seeing the one who sent me. I have come as a light to shine in this dark world, so that all who put their trust in me will no longer remain in the dark."6

Said He Was Their Lord
"You call me 'Teacher' and 'Lord,' and you are right, because that's what I am."7

"I am the way, the truth, the life"
Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me. If you had really known me, you would know who my Father is. From now on, you do know him and have seen him!"
Philip said, "Lord, show us the Father, and we will be satisfied."
Jesus replied, "Have I been with you all this time, Philip, and yet you still don't know who I am? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father! So why are you asking me to show him to you?"8

Is Jesus God? Jesus quotes: How he described himself...

"I Am the Bread of Life"
Jesus said, "I tell you the truth, Moses didn't give you bread from heaven. My Father did. And now he offers you the true bread from heaven. The true bread of God is the one who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world."
"Sir," they said, "give us that bread every day."
Jesus replied, "I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never be hungry again. Whoever believes in me will never be thirsty."9

"I am the Light of the world"
Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."10

"I give them eternal life"
"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand."11

Judge of the Living and the Dead
"For as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, so also the Son gives life to whom he will. The Father judges no one, but has given all judgment to the Son, that all may honor the Son, just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent him."12

Able to Forgive Sins
"...that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins"--he then said to the paralytic--"Rise, pick up your bed and go home." And he rose and went home. When the crowds saw it, they were afraid, and they glorified God..."13

Not of This World
He said to them, "You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am he you will die in your sins."14
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#170292 Apr 1, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Another Bull Shit, Shamma. Now, let me go to bed. Don't submot any more bull shit for five minutes. Thanks. Good night
lol...
Shamma and bullshit come as one package!
Take care
Goodnight
Salaams

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Poland's bishops say Halloween is harmful, pagan (Oct '12) Oct 30 Kim 21
can spells be done in the daytime? (Sep '06) Oct 30 Scarlet Hernandez 7
News Curtis Brown column: Trick-or-Treat not to ever... (Oct '10) Oct 26 RationalChick 11
News Out of the Broom Closet: DC Witches in Their Ow... Oct 25 Hajinon 1
News Bloomfield woman behind Ten Commandments monume... (Aug '14) Oct 25 GiveUpUDummies 8
Loner wiccan Oct '17 birdy 2
ecoven on Facebook. secret group free classes a... (Apr '14) Sep '17 de_sheets 3
More from around the web