Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 228427 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#169693 Mar 28, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at the question in verse 22.
And note that Jesus did not provide any answer at all. Verse 23 shows an off-topic answer.
So, we call them meaningless verses fitted in by scribes and editors.
That is because you worship Satan.
Muslims are children of Satan.
They are the Anti-Christ.

Muhammad sold his soul to the devil.
Muslims are not worth being saved by Jesus Christ.
The Quran openly boast of being the Anti-Christ.

Location hidden

#169694 Mar 28, 2013
NotQuiter wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, trinitarians will say it is a mystery. Yet even when Jesus said he was one with the Father, that is not difficult for a person to understand, IF they have the right attitude. To say it means that he IS God is completely without understanding, in my opinion.:-) Peace to you as well, bmz. It is like a representative of an administration to say he IS the administration. Enough to have him removed...
But you refuse to discuss where your opinion comes from.
That is the wickedness in you.

How do Jehovah’s Witnesses’ teachings about Christ compare with Scriptures?

Many people are confused about the Jehovah’s Witnesses. People have written to ask if they are Christians or do they worship a different God? The following article may help to answer this important questions.

Jehovah’s Witnesses and Christians have some things in common. For example, they share common concerns about religious apostasy, and they teach against Evolution.

Jehovah’s Witnesses and Christians do, however, differ on many important doctrines. In an attempt to keep this article to a reasonable length, let us not concentrate on ALL the differences. Rather…

…LET US INVESTIGATE THE MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE, THE PERSON OF JESUS CHRIST.

JW’s believe that Jesus Christ was a perfect man, and that He is a person distinct from God the Father. However, they also teach that before His earthly life, Jesus was a spirit creature, Michael the archangel, who was created by God and became the Messiah at His baptism. According to Jehovah’s Witnesses, Jesus is a mighty one, although not almighty as Jehovah God is. According to John 1:1 in their Bible, The New World Translation, Christ is “a god,” but not “the God.” They teach that Jesus “was and is and always will be beneath Jehovah” and that “Christ and God are not coequal”.

Does the Bible confirm their beliefs, or does it teach the orthodox Christian concept that Christ is God? This is an extremely important question. Consider the following points:
1.The Christ of the New Testament is the Jehovah of the Old Testament.
Isaiah wrote about seeing Jehovah in Isaiah 6:1-10.
In John 12:31-42, we are told that Isaiah saw Jesus' glory and spoke of Him
In Exodus 34:14 we are to worship no one but Jehovah.
In Hebrews 1:6 the angels worship Christ.
In Isaiah 44:6 Jehovah is called the first and the last (confirmed in Revelation 1:8),
but in Revelation 22:13 Christ is the first and the last.

These verses demonstrate that the name “Jehovah” is used for both God the Father and of God the Son. Although they are distinct persons they are each called “Jehovah” because they each possess deity.
2.The deity of Christ is taught in Scripture.

In Matthew 1:23, Christ is called “Immanuel,” which means “God with us.”
When Thomas touched Jesus' wounds, after the resurrection, he exclaimed,“My Lord and my God”(John 20:28). There is no basis whatsoever for saying, as some JW’s say, that Thomas was referring to Christ when he said “my Lord,” but was referring to God (Jehovah) when he said “my God.” Instead, Thomas called Christ both his Lord and his God. And Christ did not correct him! Colossians 2:9 clearly confirms the deity of Christ when it states that in Him “all the fullness of the divine quality dwells bodily”(New World Translation). Stephen called Jesus “Lord”(Acts 7:59,60), and we are to confess Jesus as Lord (Rom. 10:9; I Cor. 12:3).“Lord” in these verses is Kurios, which is the Greek word for Jehovah in the Septuagint, the Greek version of the Old Testament. It is evident from this that Christ the Lord (kurios) is Jehovah God.

3.Attributes of Christ show that He is God

Jesus Christ knows all things (John 1:48; 2:25; 6:64; 14:30; 21:17). He is all-powerful (Matt. 28:18; Heb. 1:3), sinless (John 8:46), eternal (Mic. 5:2), and unchanging (Heb. 13:8). Since only God possesses these attributes, Christ must be God.

Location hidden

#169695 Mar 28, 2013
NotQuiter wrote:
<quoted text>
Be careful, bmz. You might teach him to become a Christian.:-)
I perfectly understand your view on Jesus Christ, and openly oppose as an insult to God.

And your wickedness stops you from explaining who Jesus Christ is.
I asked you who Jesus Christ is and you did not reply.
Is Jesus Christ the angel Michael in your belief?

Location hidden

#169696 Mar 28, 2013
Continued:
4. Certain works of Christ show that He is God.

Jesus Christ has the power to forgive sins (Mark 2:5-7; Eph. 1:7), give eternal life (John 10:28; 17:2), judge the world (John 5:22, 27), and control nature (Matt. 8:26). Since only God can do these things, Christ must be God.

5.Christ received worship as God.

Jesus is worshipped by the angels (Heb. 1:6) and by man (Matt. 14:33), and yet only God is to be worshipped (Ex. 34:14). Christ Himself said that worship is due to God alone (Matt. 4:10), and yet He accepted worship. If Jesus in His pre-existent state were the archangel Michael, how could He have received worship, since angels are not allowed to receive worship (Rev. 19:10)? If Christ were not God, then worshipping Him would be idolatrous.

Jesus Christ is called “the mighty God” in Isaiah 9:6.
JW’s have a ready answer for this verse. They explain that Christ is “the mighty god.” but not “the almighty.” They say that Christ is the mighty, never the almighty and that Jehovah is the almighty God, never the mighty. However, Jeremiah 32:18 shows that Jehovah is the mighty One. Therefore, since Christ is the mighty God (Isaiah 9:6) and Jehovah is the mighty God (Jer. 32:18), they are both God. They both possess full deity.

Christ is God, the Creator of all things according to Colossians 1:15-17.
JW’s refer to this passage to support their teaching that Christ was created by Jehovah (for example, Let God Be True, p.35).
This is based primarily on the words,“the firstborn of all creation,” in verse 15. However, if this verse was teaching that Jesus Christ is the first created being made by God, the word “first-created” would have been used of Christ, not the word “firstborn.”

These are two different words in the Greek, with two different meanings.“First-created” is protoktistos, and “firstborn” is prototokos. Colossians 1:15 does not use the protoktistos,“first-created.” Instead it uses prototokos, which means an heir, a begotten one, the first in rank. The teaching of Colossians 1:15 is that Christ is first in rank above all creation; He is the Heir of all things. He is prior to all creation and superior over it.

The JW’s New World Translation adds the word “other” four times in Colossians 1:15-17, so that the passage states that Christ created “all other things,” everything except Himself. However, there is no basis for adding “other.”

It certainly does not occur in the Greek manuscripts. The translators of the New World Translation admit this by putting “other” in brackets.
This “translation” attempts to comply with the assumption that firstborn means first-created. But, as shown, this is not the meaning of firstborn, and therefore it is also wrong to add the word “other.” There is no verse in the entire Bible that states that Christ was created by Jehovah!

Christ claimed to be equal with God in John 10:30.
JW’s believe that this verse,“I and the Father are one,” means that Christ was one with God the Father in purpose and not in nature and essence. However, if that was all Christ was saying, why did the Jews want to stone Him? They themselves thought His purpose was the same as God’s. Verse 33 of John 10 explains that they wanted to stone Him because of blasphemy, because He claimed to be God!

The deity of Christ is the central point of the Scriptures. It clearly teaches that Christ is God.

The teachings of the Jehovah’s Witness' concerning Jesus Christ clearly contradict the teachings of the Bible.

Passages such as Philippians 2:5-11 tell us that Jesus Christ, who existed as God, took the bodily form of a humble servant so that He could die on the cross in our place.“Therefore also God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those who are in heaven, and on earth, and under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord (kurios), to the glory of God the Father.”

Location hidden

#169697 Mar 28, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
You are as ignorant as Thomas.
Since the unholy Trinity does not exist, how can you give Jesus a 2nd place in that absurdity?
You cannot say that the Holy Trinity does not exist without claiming you are God.

Are you BMZ openly and publicly claiming you are GOD?
John

Ipswich, Australia

#169698 Mar 28, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You cannot say that the Holy Trinity does not exist without claiming you are God.
Are you BMZ openly and publicly claiming you are GOD?
LOL.
Yeh, the conceit of these muzzies is beyond belief.
They not only think they understand God, they think they own God.

Location hidden

#169699 Mar 28, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
Yeh, the conceit of these muzzies is beyond belief.
They not only think they understand God, they think they own God.
They mock God.
They use Satan's Sharia law to justify to them them self the rape, robbery, and murder of innocent non-Muslim.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#169701 Mar 28, 2013
Today is sad or bad friday when the failed savior was nailed to the cross. There's nothing good about the day Jesus was crucified.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#169703 Mar 28, 2013
stress ON good karma
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#169705 Mar 28, 2013
Rabbeen Al Jihad wrote:
<quoted text>

SalaamZ Joelio-Yogananda-The-3rd. LOL! According to whom!? After all,the almighty has Many servants! The most likely to be interacting with humankind would be Angels! or the fallen ones which are also nothing more than the same. Respond if you see fit at your leisure. CheerZ
LOL.

You're the typical brainless Muslim fanatic worshipping a petty being with a sinister side to its personality.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#169707 Mar 28, 2013
I'm off to the Taj pastry shop to buy myself some yummy hot cross buns to celebrate the impotence and failure of Little Jesus.

(smiles)
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#169708 Mar 28, 2013
Bye kidz.

(smiles)

Location hidden

#169709 Mar 28, 2013
JOEL wrote:
Today is sad or bad friday when the failed savior was nailed to the cross. There's nothing good about the day Jesus was crucified.
Yes, from one viewpoint the death of Jesus was a tragedy. Here was a Man who had gone about doing good and urging people to turn to God—and yet His life came to an abrupt end because some people saw Him as a threat to their way of life.

But from another viewpoint, the death of Jesus was the greatest event in human history—and the reason is because through His death we can be saved. You see, only one thing separates us from God, and that is our sin. But sin is very serious, because it means we aren't only separated from God right now, but we will be separated from Him forever. As the Bible says, "The wages of sin is death" (Romans 6:23).

How can our sins be removed? How can the gulf between us and God be bridged? We can't do it ourselves; no matter how good we are, we can never measure up to God's standard, which is perfection. Our only hope is for God to intervene and save us—and that is what happened on Good Friday! By His death on the cross, Jesus became the final sacrifice for our sins. We deserved to die for our sins—but Christ died in our place.

Yes, we call it Good Friday because on that day our salvation became a reality. What happened then was truly good—and Jesus did it out of love. Don't turn away from His love, but by a simple prayer of faith open your heart and life to Him today.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#169710 Mar 28, 2013
NotQuiter wrote:
<quoted text>
It is sad to me that it is one of the most pervasive teachings of those who say they believe in Jesus re: the Bible. I have read some of the writings of the church "fathers," yet they went far beyond what the scriptures say about Jesus and who he is concerning God.

Because never did Jesus intimate that he was God. In fact, everything he said alluded to the fact that he was NOT God, but was God's messenger.

It is also a sad thing that scholars themselves at at variance, take that to mean disagreement, among themselves as to what the Greek really means. But there is no doubt in my mind that Jesus is not God, never said he was God, and most particular, never spoke of a trinity within him.:-) Peace again.

One more thing regarding teachings of theologians and religionists: Here is what Jesus said, yet who would say they follow this (a rhetorical question):

Luke 6:46 - And why call me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
Again, sadness fills my mind and heart, because it is so obvious that many simply do not understand this statement at all.

May you have peace, bmz.
Thanks for an excellent post, NQ.

The Church fathers perverted Jesus' teachings and transgressed, when they came up with Trinity.

If Jesus had taught that God was a Trinity, it would not have taken the Church 400-500 years to come up with it. Peter and Paul would have taught a triune God from day one. They did not.

Another verse that vaporizes Trinity straight away, is:

"You shall love God with all your hearts, all your minds and all your souls."

Trinity is a big lie and a big fraud and it is really sad to see trinitarian Christians believe in the junk and stuff, which does not have even an iota of truth. This lie has to die.

Through good and true Christians like your goodself and through us Muslims, this lie will be gone one day.

Have a nice weekend.

Salaams
BMZ
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#169711 Mar 28, 2013
NotQuiter wrote:
<quoted text>
Be careful, bmz. You might teach him to become a Christian.:-)
Yes, NQ. I want him to become a true follower of Jesus and I do not want Skeptic to remain a follower of the Church fathers, who lied through their teeth.
Asif Iqbal

Fort Worth, TX

#169712 Mar 28, 2013
Munshi wrote:
Allah Ta'ala is One. There is no one equal to Allah Ta'ala, either in being, qualities, actions, commands or names. Allah Ta'ala is "Waajibul Wujood", in other words, His Existence is compulsory. His destruction is impossible. Allah Ta'ala always was and always will be.
Allah Ta'ala is neither anyone's father, not is He anyone's son. Allah Ta'ala does not have a wife. Anyone who shows Allah Ta'ala to have a father or for Him to be anyone's son or to prove that Allah Ta'ala has a wife is a Kaafir (non-believer). If anyone thinks or imagines this to be possible, then that person he is misled and irreligious.
Allah Ta'ala is present and in existence. The term used to define this is "Hai". Everyone?s life and existence is in the control of Allah Ta'ala. He gives life and causes death to whomever He pleases.
It is also not necessary that everything in the power of Allah Ta'ala should come into existence even though it is possible for it to come into existence. An example of this is that if Allah Ta'ala wills, He may create a mountain made from solid gold, but there is no such mountain. However, if Allah Ta'ala wishes, then it will exist even though it does not exist at present.
Allah SWT:
The Master of the Day of judgement
The Creator of the Universe.
The God of Muslims, Jews, Christians and Hindus.

Ask Allah SWT for forgiveness and HE will bless you with all your genuine desires.
Spread Peace and Joy in the world.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#169713 Mar 28, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, NQ. I want him to become a true follower of Jesus and I do not want Skeptic to remain a follower of the Church fathers, who lied through their teeth.
I understand. Just reading some sayings of the early church "fathers" for reference, as they changed doctrine that literally changed the world. As I was going to say in my other post, but which I will say now, God himself is going to straighten this out, as Jesus foretold. Yes, many will say, Lord, Lord, but Jesus will say, "I never knew you!" It is late here, it is always a pleasure speaking with you, may God bless you, bmz, knowing He is not far off from each one.

Location hidden

#169714 Mar 28, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for an excellent post, NQ.
The Church fathers perverted Jesus' teachings and transgressed, when they came up with Trinity.
If Jesus had taught that God was a Trinity, it would not have taken the Church 400-500 years to come up with it. Peter and Paul would have taught a triune God from day one. They did not.
Another verse that vaporizes Trinity straight away, is:
"You shall love God with all your hearts, all your minds and all your souls."
Trinity is a big lie and a big fraud and it is really sad to see trinitarian Christians believe in the junk and stuff, which does not have even an iota of truth. This lie has to die.
Through good and true Christians like your goodself and through us Muslims, this lie will be gone one day.
Have a nice weekend.
Salaams
BMZ
NQ is not a Christian.
NQ is an Anti-Christ.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#169715 Mar 29, 2013
LOL LOL LOl
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#169716 Mar 29, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>

But from another viewpoint, the death of Jesus was the greatest event in human history—and the reason is because through His death we can be saved.
In what way have you been saved by believing in a dead and a failed savior like Jesus?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 5 hr Ooogah Boogah 14,667
News Si Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty' Star, Says Atheist... Fri thetruth 42
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) Jul 24 skylar 108
Shadows and sounds Jul 23 Dizy 1
News Looking for a Pagan community in Kentucky? (Mar '12) Jul 4 Pam 11
News What is Asatru? (Dec '10) Jul 3 ex pagan 2
News Sorry Witches, You Won't Be Able to Buy Spells ... Jun '15 Drake_Burrwood 1
More from around the web