Who Is Allah?

There are 20 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#169671 Mar 28, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Really glad to see you, NQ and thanks for your thoughts.
Jesus always kept God Almighty high above himself and considered himself one, who was sent by God.
He had never said, "I am God in flesh or God". The ignorant fools, who wanted to appease and please the Roman pagans, caved in to the liars, who promoted the absurd Trinity.
John 17:3 destroys the lie that Jesus was God.
"Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."
He said himself acknowledging: "that they know you, the only true God".
In other words, it is not me.
I don't know how can the trinitarians accept that Jesus was God.
Salaams
BMZ
Of course, trinitarians will say it is a mystery. Yet even when Jesus said he was one with the Father, that is not difficult for a person to understand, IF they have the right attitude. To say it means that he IS God is completely without understanding, in my opinion.:-) Peace to you as well, bmz. It is like a representative of an administration to say he IS the administration. Enough to have him removed...
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#169672 Mar 28, 2013
Redneck Reb wrote:
Antichrist? here is Antichrist...
Matt 12:30 "He that is not with me is against me" I do not have to tell You that Jews are God's Chosen people.
You can read AMOS and know of God's disgust with his people, But God will always consider Israel as his own! He will defend it...now that it has returned as a nation.
Israel WAS, IS, and will ALWAYS BE!!!!!
ISRAEL ...The Apple of God's Eye.....
Here Jesus sounds like George Bush.

Matthew 12:30-32 is clearly a forgery and one can notice that it does not fit in. It is a post 450 AD forgery. The following is totally and hopelessly out of place.

30 “This is war, and there is no neutral ground. If you’re not on my side, you’re the enemy; if you’re not helping, you’re making things worse.

31-32 “There’s nothing done or said that can’t be forgiven. But if you deliberately persist in your slanders against God’s Spirit, you are repudiating the very One who forgives. If you reject the Son of Man out of some misunderstanding, the Holy Spirit can forgive you, but when you reject the Holy Spirit, you’re sawing off the branch on which you’re sitting, severing by your own perversity all connection with the One who forgives."

bmz

Singapore

#169673 Mar 28, 2013
Shamma wrote:
The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.”

22 Then Judas (not Judas Iscariot) said,“But, Lord, why do you intend to show yourself to us and not to the world?”

23 Jesus replied,“Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. 24 Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.
Look at the question in verse 22.

And note that Jesus did not provide any answer at all. Verse 23 shows an off-topic answer.

So, we call them meaningless verses fitted in by scribes and editors.
bmz

Singapore

#169674 Mar 28, 2013
NotQuiter wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, trinitarians will say it is a mystery. Yet even when Jesus said he was one with the Father, that is not difficult for a person to understand, IF they have the right attitude. To say it means that he IS God is completely without understanding, in my opinion.:-) Peace to you as well, bmz. It is like a representative of an administration to say he IS the administration. Enough to have him removed...
Indeed, NQ! Well said.

I have yet to see a cognizant trinitarian, who can explain the worst and the most ridiculous doctrine of trinitarian Christianity.

Salaams, NQ

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#169675 Mar 28, 2013
uhuh wrote:
<quoted text>
ah so the wimp issued an ultimatum: either you are with me, or against me
<quoted text>
either you believe Jesus is God in the flesh, or you are an Antichrist
muslims, jews, hindus, atheists... so many Antichrists
You state:
either you believe Jesus is God in the flesh, or you are an Antichrist
muslims, jews, hindus, atheists... so many Antichrists
That is true.
Christianity is the only belief in God that makes any rational sense.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#169676 Mar 28, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Google? LOL.
Go and check the libraries and book stores to find the rabid views as expressed in the writings of the satanic Zionists.
In other words you have nothing but cut and pastes from hate sites.

Location hidden

#169677 Mar 28, 2013
NotQuiter wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I've been away, just decided to check in and see how things are going.:-) No one's changed anyone's mind yet,:-)?
pathetic, isnt it?

Skeptic has risen now as SHAMMA

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#169678 Mar 28, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I want to borrow your style.
Shamma, you are ignorant. You are a fool. You cannot read and understand what you write yourself.
Explain why could you not understand NQ's easy-to-understand post?
NQ wrote this:
" Good evening, bmz! Just stopping by to say hi. Jesus never did say he was God. Because he knew he was not God. He prayed TO God, not himself. He did not pray to himself in another form.
John 14:28 - Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for MY FATHER IS GREATER THAN I."
Read this part from John 14:
14 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. 2 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4 You know the way to the place where I am going.”
Jesus the Way to the Father
5 Thomas said to him,“Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”
6 Jesus answered,“I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 7 If you really know me, you will know[b] my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.”
Jesus said, "You know the way to the place where I am going." Now watch and see what Thomas, your twin, said. Thomas said, " “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”
Jesus was simply telling them that he was going to die. That was the only way to the Father.
And the fools could not understand anything. And note Jesus did not show and tell them any way.
You did not try to understand what I posted.
You are just a babbling idiot.

23 Jesus replied,“Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. 24 Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.

Jesus gave you the answer in verse 23. and you ignored his teaching.

Jesus revealed Himself to the word and they did not love him, for they did not accept his teaching.

Only those that accept Jesus teaching love Jesus.
And only those that accept Jesus as he reveals himself to us will inter in the Kingdom of God.

Those that don't accept Jesus will perish.

That is what Jesus is talking about.
It amounts to, if only one person accepts Jesus and the rest of the world rejects Jesus, all the rest of the world will perish.

Location hidden

#169679 Mar 28, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed, NQ! Well said.
I have yet to see a cognizant trinitarian, who can explain the worst and the most ridiculous doctrine of trinitarian Christianity.
Salaams, NQ
It is sad to me that it is one of the most pervasive teachings of those who say they believe in Jesus re: the Bible. I have read some of the writings of the church "fathers," yet they went far beyond what the scriptures say about Jesus and who he is concerning God. Because never did Jesus intimate that he was God. In fact, everything he said alluded to the fact that he was NOT God, but was God's messenger. It is also a sad thing that scholars themselves at at variance, take that to mean disagreement, among themselves as to what the Greek really means. But there is no doubt in my mind that Jesus is not God, never said he was God, and most particular, never spoke of a trinity within him.:-) Peace again.

One more thing regarding teachings of theologians and religionists: Here is what Jesus said, yet who would say they follow this (a rhetorical question):

Luke 6:46 - And why call me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

Again, sadness fills my mind and heart, because it is so obvious that many simply do not understand this statement at all.

May you have peace, bmz.

Location hidden

#169680 Mar 28, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
pathetic, isnt it?
Skeptic has risen now as SHAMMA
ROFL, it's really all pathetic in most cases. Again, the words of Handel's Messiah comes to mind -- Verily mankind walketh in a vain show.

Location hidden

#169681 Mar 28, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I want to borrow your style.
Shamma, you are ignorant. You are a fool. You cannot read and understand what you write yourself.
Explain why could you not understand NQ's easy-to-understand post?
NQ wrote this:
" Good evening, bmz! Just stopping by to say hi. Jesus never did say he was God. Because he knew he was not God. He prayed TO God, not himself. He did not pray to himself in another form.
John 14:28 - Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for MY FATHER IS GREATER THAN I."
Read this part from John 14:
14 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. 2 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4 You know the way to the place where I am going.”
Jesus the Way to the Father
5 Thomas said to him,“Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”
6 Jesus answered,“I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 7 If you really know me, you will know[b] my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.”
Jesus said, "You know the way to the place where I am going." Now watch and see what Thomas, your twin, said. Thomas said, " “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”
Jesus was simply telling them that he was going to die. That was the only way to the Father.
And the fools could not understand anything. And note Jesus did not show and tell them any way.
Be careful, bmz. You might teach him to become a Christian.:-)
Rabbeen Al Jihad

Salt Lake City, UT

#169683 Mar 28, 2013
Alex 123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Salaams Rabbeen Al Jihad...very well said!
Man represents imperfection.
Allah is perfect in every way.
Salaams
Salaamz A123WM. Thanks for your pious and humble support.Especially in recognizeing the frailty of men,who,so often complicate the simplist of issues with dogmatic rantings that usually end up in the farthest reaches of deep space.Usually the space between their ears!LOL! CheerZ
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#169684 Mar 28, 2013
Good night.

(smiles)
Rabbeen Al Jihad

Salt Lake City, UT

#169685 Mar 28, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
INCORRECT.
The above names represent different beings.
SalaamZ Joelio-Yogananda-The-3rd. LOL! According to whom!? After all,the almighty has Many servants! The most likely to be interacting with humankind would be Angels! or the fallen ones which are also nothing more than the same. Respond if you see fit at your leisure. CheerZ
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#169686 Mar 28, 2013
JOEL wrote:
RABBI MOSES MAIMONIDES ON JESUS:
In his tract, Avodat Kochavim, Rabbi Maimonides issued a divine mandate to kill the "wicked" Jesus Christ, as well as all Jews who follow Him, and all those who do not follow the Talmud.
Maimonides wrote:
"It is a mitzvah (religious duty highly pleasing to God), to destroy Jewish traitors, minim (Christians), and apikorsim, and to cause them to descend to the pit of destruction, since they cause difficulty to the Jews and sway the people away from God, as did Jesus of Nazareth and his students, and Tzadok, Baithos, and their students. May the name of the wicked rot.”
The holy name of Jesus Christ, by which “every knee shall bow,” is cursed by Judaism’s most esteemed, media-glorified rabbi, who dares to say of Him, "May the name of the wicked rot."
(Maimonides’ allusion to "Tzadok and Baithos” and to apikorsim, refers to opponents of the Talmudic oral law).
"Jesus is mentioned in Maimonides' Epistle to Yemen, written about 1172 to Rabbi Jacob ben Netan'el al-Fayyumi, head of the Yemen Jewish community
Ever since the time of Revelation, every despot or slave that has attained to power, be he violent or ignoble, has made it his first aim and his final purpose to destroy our law, and to vitiate our religion, by means of the sword, by violence, or by brute force, such as Amalek, Sisera, Sennacherib, Nebuchadnezzar, Titus, Hadrian, may their bones be ground to dust, and others like them. This is one of the two classes which attempt to foil the Divine will.
The second class consists of the most intelligent and educated among the nations, such as the Syrians, Persians, and Greeks. These also endeavor to demolish our law and to vitiate it by means of arguments which they invent, and by means of controversies which they institute....
After that there arose a new sect which combined the two methods, namely, conquest and controversy, into one, because it believed that this procedure would be more effective in wiping out every trace of the Jewish nation and religion. It, therefore, resolved to lay claim to prophecy and to found a new faith, contrary to our Divine religion, and to contend that it was equally God-given. Thereby it hoped to raise doubts and to create confusion, since one is opposed to the other and both supposedly emanate from a Divine source, which would lead to the destruction of both religions. For such is the remarkable plan contrived by a man who is envious and querulous. He will strive to kill his enemy and to save his own life, but when he finds it impossible to attain his objective, he will devise a scheme whereby they both will be slain.
The first one to have adopted this plan was Jesus the Nazarene, may his bones be ground to dust. He was a Jew because his mother was a Jewess although his father was a Gentile. For in accordance with the principles of our law, a child born of a Jewess and a Gentile, or of a Jewess and a slave, is legitimate.(Yebamot 45a). Jesus is only figuratively termed an illegitimate child. He impelled people to believe that he was a prophet sent by God to clarify perplexities in the Torah, and that he was the Messiah that was predicted by each and every seer. He interpreted the Torah and its precepts in such a fashion as to lead to their total annulment, to the abolition of all its commandments and to the violation of its prohibitions. The SAGES, of blessed memory, having become aware of his plans before his reputation spread among our people, METED out fitting PUNISHMENT to him.
Daniel had already alluded to him when he presaged the downfall of a wicked one and a heretic among the Jews who would ENDEAVOR to destroy the Law, claim prophecy for himself, make pretenses to miracles, and allege that he is the Messiah, as it is written, "Also the children of the impudent among thy people shall make bold to claim prophecy, but they shall fall." (Daniel 11:14).[48]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judaism%27s_view...
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#169687 Mar 28, 2013
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judaism%27s_view...

"Epistle to Yemen
Jesus is mentioned in Maimonides' Epistle to Yemen, written about 1172 to Rabbi Jacob ben Netan'el al-Fayyumi, head of the Yemen Jewish community
Ever since the time of Revelation, every despot or slave that has attained to power, be he violent or ignoble, has made it his first aim and his final purpose to destroy our law, and to vitiate our religion, by means of the sword, by violence, or by brute force, such as Amalek, Sisera, Sennacherib, Nebuchadnezzar, Titus, Hadrian, may their bones be ground to dust, and others like them. This is one of the two classes which attempt to foil the Divine will.
The second class consists of the most intelligent and educated among the nations, such as the Syrians, Persians, and Greeks. These also endeavor to demolish our law and to vitiate it by means of arguments which they invent, and by means of controversies which they institute....
After that there arose a new sect which combined the two methods, namely, conquest and controversy, into one, because it believed that this procedure would be more effective in wiping out every trace of the Jewish nation and religion. It, therefore, resolved to lay claim to prophecy and to found a new faith, contrary to our Divine religion, and to contend that it was equally God-given. Thereby it hoped to raise doubts and to create confusion, since one is opposed to the other and both supposedly emanate from a Divine source, which would lead to the destruction of both religions. For such is the remarkable plan contrived by a man who is envious and querulous. He will strive to kill his enemy and to save his own life, but when he finds it impossible to attain his objective, he will devise a scheme whereby they both will be slain.
The first one to have adopted this plan was Jesus the Nazarene, may his bones be ground to dust. He was a Jew because his mother was a Jewess although his father was a Gentile. For in accordance with the principles of our law, a child born of a Jewess and a Gentile, or of a Jewess and a slave, is legitimate.(Yebamot 45a). Jesus is only figuratively termed an illegitimate child. He impelled people to believe that he was a prophet sent by God to clarify perplexities in the Torah, and that he was the Messiah that was predicted by each and every seer. He interpreted the Torah and its precepts in such a fashion as to lead to their total annulment, to the abolition of all its commandments and to the violation of its prohibitions. The sages, of blessed memory, having become aware of his plans before his reputation spread among our people, meted out fitting punishment to him.
Daniel had already alluded to him when he presaged the downfall of a wicked one and a heretic among the Jews who would endeavor to destroy the Law, claim prophecy for himself, make pretenses to miracles, and allege that he is the Messiah, as it is written, "Also the children of the impudent among thy people shall make bold to claim prophecy, but they shall fall." (Daniel 11:14).[48]"

"You know that the Christians falsely ascribe marvelous powers to Jesus the Nazarene, may his bones be ground to dust"
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#169688 Mar 28, 2013
Source-- The Jewish Daily Forward

http://forward.com/articles/123925/rabbinic-t...

“The prohibition ‘Thou Shalt Not Murder’” applies only “to a Jew who kills a Jew,” write Rabbis Yitzhak Shapira and Yosef Elitzur of the West Bank settlement of Yitzhar. Non-Jews are “uncompassionate by nature” and attacks on them “curb their evil inclination,” while babies and children of Israel’s enemies may be killed since “it is clear that they will grow to harm us.”

“The King’s Torah (Torat Hamelech), Part One: Laws of Life and Death between Israel and the Nations,” a 230-page compendium of Halacha, or Jewish religious law, published by the Od Yosef Chai yeshiva in Yitzhar, garnered a front-page exposé in the Israeli tabloid Ma’ariv, which called it the stuff of “Jewish terror.”
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#169689 Mar 28, 2013
"Jewish History, Jewish Religion
The Weight of Three Thousand Years

Israel Shahak

Forewords by Gore Vidal, Edward Said

With a new introduction by Norton Mezvinsky"

In speaking about Jesus it says may the name of the WICKED rot. See top of page 25 but start at page 24.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#169690 Mar 28, 2013
ommission or link

http://tinyurl.com/yew88mb

Location hidden

#169691 Mar 28, 2013
HughBe wrote:
Source-- The Jewish Daily Forward
http://forward.com/articles/123925/rabbinic-t...
“The prohibition ‘Thou Shalt Not Murder’” applies only “to a Jew who kills a Jew,” write Rabbis Yitzhak Shapira and Yosef Elitzur of the West Bank settlement of Yitzhar. Non-Jews are “uncompassionate by nature” and attacks on them “curb their evil inclination,” while babies and children of Israel’s enemies may be killed since “it is clear that they will grow to harm us.”
“The King’s Torah (Torat Hamelech), Part One: Laws of Life and Death between Israel and the Nations,” a 230-page compendium of Halacha, or Jewish religious law, published by the Od Yosef Chai yeshiva in Yitzhar, garnered a front-page exposé in the Israeli tabloid Ma’ariv, which called it the stuff of “Jewish terror.”
and there are never radical Christian preachers who preach hate either

never never

Whats your point? we all know that loonie tunes predominate in this world. You are a living example of this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) Sat thetruth 14,656
Dreams Apr 28 ChannieB 1
Coincidence or some kind of sign? Apr 24 ChristySoy 1
No, Easter does NOT have pagan origins Apr '15 Skeptical 1
News Iowa woman to make history with nation's first ... Apr '15 cindy mccurry 1
Great News for Pagans (Feb '07) Mar '15 Gary Coaldigger 278
News In far-flung US territories, gay marriage hasn'... Mar '15 Belle Sexton 2
More from around the web