Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 225171 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#169158 Mar 24, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
God does not NEED worship.
Do you understand that skeptic?
Consider "The car needs servicing".........
If the car is not serviced it won't run properly.
As the owner....
I can always ditch the old and buy a new car.
Do you understand that now skeptic?
Do you get any sleep these days in between your cut/paste odyssey?
bmz said:'According to Qur'aan, God created humans to worship God.'

By God it guess he means allah, he makes this mistake often. Anyhow, why did allah make people to worhship him? You are right however, since allah is like a broken car that does nothing for you ditch him.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#169159 Mar 24, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Many people are now suffering in the world because of muslims not recognizing Jesus as their Lord and God.
Those victims of Muslims are suffering because of the violent, irrational and terroristic view Islam has. It has nothing to do with believe in Yeshua as lord or god. There are places in the world where people don't believe in your Nazarene and they are conducting a very peaciful existence. But also there are places where Christians and Muslims live side by side from centuries and no Christian has ever complained against Muslims.

Stop making silly comment.

Ironic enough is that after seeing the discussions between Christians and Muslims, about their religions it's evident you guys are two faces of the same coin, with the only difference that Islam is a violent religion where any terrorist or extremist find a good reason to kill or hurt kafirs, though there are also peaceful Muslims.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#169160 Mar 24, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
For what purpose did God create the world?
In general, Scripture teaches us that God created the world and all that is in it for His own glory and because He desired to share His life with others.
The creation of all these things demonstrates His glory, His love, grace, mercy, wisdom, power, goodness, etc. Compare Psalm 19:1f; 8:1; 50:6; 89:5. Usually, people want to then know, why did God allow sin?
As a summary of some of the issues, the Bible teaches us God created both the angels and man with volition, or the freedom of choice. He created both as holy and without sin that they might not only serve Him as the Creator, but bring Him glory.
In particular, man, being created in God’s image (Gen. 1:26f), was created to have fellowship with God through the exercise of that image. Man was created to glorify God through the exercise of his personality—mind, heart, and will.
With his mind he was to know God, with his heart he was to love God, and with his will, in response to his understanding and love of God, he was to choose for God in obedience.
But God did not create robots. That would have brought very little glory to God. Because His creatures were not robots, there was the risk of a negative choice. But God, by His sovereign will, purpose, and foreknowledge, determined to allow this, indeed, He ordained it by His own eternal wisdom without Himself being the cause.
Many struggle with this, but in the process of all that has occurred, God’s glory is supremely revealed in all His Holy attributes—His holiness, righteousness, justice, mercy, grace, and love, veracity, truth, etc. God did not cause the creature to sin.
If the creature was to really have the freedom to know, love, and choose for God and respond in worship and obedience as a free and independent agent, he had to have true freedom of choice.
Thus, compare the temptation of Eve by the devil. He attacked her knowledge and understanding of God to get her to doubt God’s love, etc. The race fell because of Adam and Eve’s negative response to the grace of God.
But in the process, God’s character and glory is revealed in a more total or complete way.
So, through the cross, man’s sin, like diamonds reflecting the light against the backdrop of black velvet, reflects God’s love, mercy, grace, holiness and justice in infinite ways.
Finally, the Bible clearly shows us that God has perfectly provided for us so that we can be reconciled to Him, walk with Him and even overcome sin’s power through the finished work of Christ on the cross and the many blessing we have in Him.
In this regard, there are three aspects or phases to the salvation God offers us in Christ—the past—by faith in Christ, we are saved from the penalty of sin; the present—we are being delivered from the power of sin (if we will walk by faith and in fellowship in Him); and the future—saved once and for all from the presence of sin with the return of Christ.
So we can’t blame God. He has made more than sufficient provision for us and our sin problem even to the point of giving us His Son.
The poor young man was not shown and love and mercy. Do you think you will be show any by the God, who sinned?

Christ the Perfect Sin created by your God. LMAO!
bmz

Singapore

#169161 Mar 24, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
By God it guess he means allah, he makes this mistake often. Anyhow, why did allah make people to worhship him? You are right however, since allah is like a broken car that does nothing for you ditch him.
God is not really a name. The word is pagan in nature. Not everyone believes in the Christian God.

When I use the word God, I use it for Allah, the LORD Almighty of Abraham, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad.

I try to add the word Christian to God to talk about the Christian God, who is neither the God of the Jews nor the God of Muslims.

The Christian God is like three pieces of a broken tile. You can easily ditch the three pieces.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#169162 Mar 24, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it normal that a god created humans and demons to be worshiped by them? Why?
rabbee: there is - what is supposed to be normal, and what is now normalized. there is normally with G-D, and normally against G-D. there is no, grey area here.

did G-D intend for humans, to be involved in normalized demonic worship? well the answer, to that is no. G-D gave us with a brain, that we are supposed to truly use with THEM.

and unfortunately people tend to believe, others alleged as people. with little or no, actual investigation. so you might say, people get conditioned to be mentally lazy. being indoctrinated to not question their teachers.
bmz

Singapore

#169163 Mar 24, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Quran 51:56
"And I did not create the jinn and mankind except to worship Me."
This God, after created all the things, needed the exigency to create people and jinns to tell him, everyday, how great and powerful he is and having people fear him. You worship a anthropopatic god with human feelings and weakness. It's almost equal to worship a man god, thing that you hate, with the only difference your god has not meat and bones.
The above quranic verses clearly says that Allah created man and jinn to worship him, but we know that the most of men don't worship him, and the jinns are rebels against him. It's like a man who build a car to move from spot a to spot b but the car doesn't move.
This shows how "powerful" your god is.
Now I understand why you're Muslim, being unable to figure out all the flaws in your holy book is more than comprehensible.
Have three bananas, Doc!

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#169164 Mar 24, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
The poor young man was not shown and love and mercy. Do you think you will be show any by the God, who sinned?
When you die you will find out that Muhammad lied to you and you will be in hell with Muhammad.
I am laughing at Muslims because they are Muhammad's dumb bell's.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#169165 Mar 24, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus was telling the women not to weep for Him because He was doing the will of the Father, but rather weep for themselves and their children who will suffer much from those who do not recognize Him as Lord and God of all Humankind. Many people are now suffering in the world because of muslims not recognizing Jesus as their Lord and God.
Try again.....

DEAR LOVING "CHRISTIAN......
GOSPEL "according to" Luke Chapter 23:
A) NIV:
28Jesus turned and said to them,“Daughters of Jerusalem, do not weep for me; weep for yourselves and for your children. 29For the time will come when you will say,‘Blessed are the childless women, the wombs that never bore (note carefully!!) and the breasts that never nursed!’ 30Then “&#8239;‘they will say to the mountains,“Fall on us!”and to the hills,“Cover us!”
B) NLT
28But Jesus turned and said to them,“Daughters of Jerusalem, don’t weep for me, but weep for yourselves and for your children. 29For the days are coming when they will say,‘Fortunate indeed are the women who are childless (note CAREFULLY!), the wombs that have not borne a child and the breasts that have never nursed.’ 30People will beg the mountains,‘Fall on us,’ and plead with the hills,‘Bury us.’
C) ESV
28But turning to them Jesus said,“Daughters of Jerusalem, do not weep for me, but weep for yourselves and for your children. 29For behold, the days are coming when they will say,‘Blessed are the barren and the wombs that never bore (note carefully!) and the breasts that never nursed!’ 30Then they will begin to say to the mountains,‘Fall on us,’ and to the hills,‘Cover us.’
D) KJV
28But Jesus turning unto them said, Daughters of Jerusalem, weep not for me, but weep for yourselves, and for your children. 29For, behold, the days are coming, in the which they shall say, Blessed [are] the barren, and the wombs that never bare (Note carefully!!), and the paps which never gave suck. 30Then shall they begin to say to the mountains, Fall on us; and to the hills, Cover us.
QUESTION to loving "Christians":
Why do you think the above run contrary to the idea..
"god in the form of his mangod son, died willingly lovingly & unconditionally for the sins of all mankind including gentiles" AND smashes that idea into a zillion worthless pieces of fool's gold?
Thank you.

Location hidden

#169166 Mar 24, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
As the owner....
You give glory to your self instead to God.
Your brain is malfunctioning.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#169167 Mar 24, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
You ignorance is monumental...
Try to understand my statement below and the statement "God created humans to worship God"....there are no inconsistencies.

Do you understand that paul?
As the owner....
Do you understand that now paul?
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#169168 Mar 24, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You give glory to your self instead to God.
Your brain is malfunctioning.
Skeptic...you need some sleep and rest...
I never want glory...as ALL GLORY belongs to ALLAH.

Now READ and UNDERSTAND what I have written...I was your Christian shepherd and you continue to belong to a clueless sheep clan...

As the owner....

Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#169169 Mar 24, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Have three bananas, Doc!
he needs a an old tyre to swing from!
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#169170 Mar 24, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
God is not really a name. The word is pagan in nature. Not everyone believes in the Christian God.
When I use the word God, I use it for Allah, the LORD Almighty of Abraham, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad.
I try to add the word Christian to God to talk about the Christian God, who is neither the God of the Jews nor the God of Muslims.
The Christian God is like three pieces of a broken tile. You can easily ditch the three pieces.
I agree with all of those plus wish to add that the "three pieces" in reality are more than "30"...
I can easily reproduce those if needed!!
Salaams
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#169171 Mar 24, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus was telling the women not to weep for Him because He was doing the will of the Father, but rather weep for themselves and their children who will suffer much from those who do not recognize Him as Lord and God of all Humankind. Many people are now suffering in the world because of muslims not recognizing Jesus as their Lord and God.
Now that you have crawled out of the woodwork having avoided my last set of questions..lets see if you can say something sensible on this..

Regarding Matthew 26:63...

" ..that thou tell us whether thou be the Christ,(COMMA), the son of god", do you not think that the ignorant writers made a FUNDAMENTAL ERROR which helps destroy your claims about BJ’s divinity?

Can you spot it??
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#169172 Mar 24, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Try again.....
DEAR LOVING "CHRISTIAN......
GOSPEL "according to" Luke Chapter 23:
A) NIV:
28Jesus turned and said to them,“Daughters of Jerusalem, do not weep for me; weep for yourselves and for your children. 29For the time will come when you will say,‘Blessed are the childless women, the wombs that never bore (note carefully!!) and the breasts that never nursed!’ 30Then “&#8239;‘they will say to the mountains,“Fall on us!”and to the hills,“Cover us!”
B) NLT
28But Jesus turned and said to them,“Daughters of Jerusalem, don’t weep for me, but weep for yourselves and for your children. 29For the days are coming when they will say,‘Fortunate indeed are the women who are childless (note CAREFULLY!), the wombs that have not borne a child and the breasts that have never nursed.’ 30People will beg the mountains,‘Fall on us,’ and plead with the hills,‘Bury us.’
C) ESV
28But turning to them Jesus said,“Daughters of Jerusalem, do not weep for me, but weep for yourselves and for your children. 29For behold, the days are coming when they will say,‘Blessed are the barren and the wombs that never bore (note carefully!) and the breasts that never nursed!’ 30Then they will begin to say to the mountains,‘Fall on us,’ and to the hills,‘Cover us.’
D) KJV
28But Jesus turning unto them said, Daughters of Jerusalem, weep not for me, but weep for yourselves, and for your children. 29For, behold, the days are coming, in the which they shall say, Blessed [are] the barren, and the wombs that never bare (Note carefully!!), and the paps which never gave suck. 30Then shall they begin to say to the mountains, Fall on us; and to the hills, Cover us.
QUESTION to loving "Christians":
Why do you think the above run contrary to the idea..
"god in the form of his mangod son, died willingly lovingly & unconditionally for the sins of all mankind including gentiles" AND smashes that idea into a zillion worthless pieces of fool's gold?
Thank you.
Hasn't changed:

Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#169173 Mar 24, 2013
Muslims are suffering partly because of their lack of understanding of scriptures.
There is no room in Islam for violence, irrational terroristic views, transgression or aggression.
Like some of the non english posters who get almost every post wrong here, there are some Muslims who do not understand what their scriptures say.
Terrorist is NOT Muslim. Muslim is NOT terrorist.

Location hidden

#169174 Mar 24, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the perfect example of the mind set of Satan.
You are rebelling against God.
While you live you are mocking God and are puffed up with pride of feeling you are smarter than God.

Muslims are dumb, they submitted to the Will of Muhammad, and falsely believe they are worshiping God.

You are blind to the evil in your religion founded by Muhammad.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#169175 Mar 24, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians worship the one true God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. muslims worship a figment of a man that live in the 7th century. The figment is mohammad's alter ego often refered to as allah.

There is no continuity between allah and the one true God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. mohammad can not be connected to the God of Abraham through birth or through scripture. For mohammad to be connected to Abraham muslims must declare Sacred Scripture corrupt. islam has feet of clay.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#169176 Mar 24, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that you have crawled out of the woodwork having avoided my last set of questions..lets see if you can say something sensible on this..
Regarding Matthew 26:63...
" ..that thou tell us whether thou be the Christ,(COMMA), the son of god", do you not think that the ignorant writers made a FUNDAMENTAL ERROR which helps destroy your claims about BJ’s divinity?
Can you spot it??
When St Thomas saw the risen Lord he exclaimed: "My Lord and My God!" Jesus did not correct him, because what he said was true.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#169177 Mar 24, 2013
JOEL wrote:
DEAR SHAMMA,
Don't you think that the mad hatter Alex works as a lowly waiter or as a toilet cleaner in some London flop house?
DEAR JOEL
You desperately NEED a woman.
Stop running off to swanky curry houses without thoroughly instecting their rat/cockroach infested kitchens.
Silver cutlery at the table to dip into filthy food from smelly kitchens.
Don't touch the "nuts or mints" in your taj bars.... many rummaging fingers have NOT been washed...when you analyse these nuts you find up to hundred different types of urine, other drugs and poo.
Find a good coolie woman.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sorry Witches, You Won't Be Able to Buy Spells ... Jun 23 Drake_Burrwood 1
News Illogical Religious Positions? Jun 15 Looney Tunes 1
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) Jun 14 Davglix 107
News Iowa woman to make history with nation's first ... Jun 12 MakesUBeGone 2
Jesus Christ, the Son of God Jun 5 Son of man 1
HELP Wicca Covens in my area! (Jun '09) Jun 4 isis 63
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) Jun 2 Reason Personified 14,660
More from around the web