Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 253562 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#168946 Mar 22, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
The idea really rankles you, doesnt it?
John wrote:--How was Fred Astaire gay you idiot.
He was married to his first wife for 21 years until she died and then married to his second wife until he died.

Frijoles---The idea really rankles you, doesnt it?

HughBe--- Let him know the "truth" dear Frijoles. Let Johnny know that you are in the 21 st century and homosexuality is quite normal to you. Let him know that you are not rankled by it. On the contrary it excites you and imparts very pleasant feelings in your pencil and head.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#168947 Mar 22, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
My dear Christian, I am NOT a CLUB member and wrong is wrong regardless of who commits it, to me. Christians are NOT special if they LIE they are LIARS. If Christians steal they are thieves. If Christians rape they are rapists and ALL sins violate the laws of God.

Do you know the laws of God, Christian?
Thank you, HughBe

I have said it before and I will say it again that I feel sad after writing to these hardcore polemicists, knowing that a nice and a fair person like you, is here. I know you understand the reason but I must register my sincere apologies to you.

Regards
BMZ
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#168948 Mar 22, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
not that type of material.
I meant your comedy material. I.E. your phrasings.
They are odd.
It is a gift, from God. So I understand why you regard them as being odd.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#168949 Mar 22, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Hints of your messiah complex again peaking out

Location hidden

#168950 Mar 22, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe--- Let him know the "truth" dear Frijoles. Let Johnny know that you are in the 21 st century and homosexuality is quite normal to you. Let him know that you are not rankled by it. On the contrary it excites you and imparts very pleasant feelings in your pencil and head.
Slow down, boy. We could of lived without the details.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#168951 Mar 22, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello,
Did you even read and understand this?
"I am challenging the use of the words "the Son of God" ascribed to the high priest. No high priest would have added that to the word Christ."
As I said before you are good at engaging with others with frivolous discussions.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#168952 Mar 22, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Hints of your messiah complex again peaking out
HughBe --It is a gift, from God. So I understand why you regard them as being odd.

FRijoles---Hints of your messiah complex again peaking out

HughBe--- I was unaware that my words made such a powerful impact.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#168953 Mar 22, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Slow down, boy. We could of lived without the details.

Frijoles---Slow down, boy. We could of lived without the details.

HughBe--- Dear missy, most here know that you are living the details. Don't worry WE think it is wrong but WE know that we are guilty of other wrongs. So, WE shall not cast the first stone but we shall not fail to point out your error while considering our own shortcomings.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#168954 Mar 22, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, HughBe
I have said it before and I will say it again that I feel sad after writing to these hardcore polemicists, knowing that a nice and a fair person like you, is here. I know you understand the reason but I must register my sincere apologies to you.
Regards
BMZ
You're welcome BMZ.

Location hidden

#168955 Mar 22, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe --It is a gift, from God. So I understand why you regard them as being odd.
dont worry, so are we.

Location hidden

#168956 Mar 22, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe--- Dear missy, most here know that you are living the details. Don't worry WE think it is wrong but WE know that we are guilty of other wrongs. So, WE shall not cast the first stone but we shall not fail to point out your error while considering our own shortcomings.
Shortcomings? I mean, where would you start?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#168957 Mar 22, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
dont worry, so are we.

Frijoles---dont worry, so are we.

HughBe---I accept that your "we" are UNAWARE but you have forgotten that the other WE or intelligent onlookers are aware.

HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#168958 Mar 22, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Shortcomings? I mean, where would you start?

Frijoles---Shortcomings? I mean, where would you start?

HughBe--- I take it as rhetorical question nevertheless YOU know that what is short for me is LONG for you or ABOVE your standards. So start at your HIGH point and go upward.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#168959 Mar 22, 2013
later
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#168960 Mar 22, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

To complete your feelings dear Joel, I shall add and he loves himself.
Narcissism personified.

(smiles)
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#168961 Mar 22, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>

Fixated on titles? I am not!

I am challenging the use of the words "the Son of God" ascribed to the high priest. No high priest would have added that to the word christ.
You're a man of very little intelligence, more like a subhuman.

If you're not fixated on titles then why bother whether Jesus called himself Son of God or Cousin of God or whatever?

Try to discover the underlying principles hinted at.

Even if Jesus gave himself a grand title like Son of God, it's a figure of speech and has to be viewed in the context of him saying in another place that he and his father were one - "I and my father are one."

So, the appellation "Son of God" indicates a dualistic stand, a separation in consciousness between the archetypal being (father) and its manifestation (son), whereas perfect identification in consciousness during deep trance made Jesus declare, in typical monistic fashion, his oneness with his origin (I and my father are one).

All this makes perfect sense.

So, we conclude that through the use of figurative titles, Jesus taught 2 main principles - dualism and the higher poise of monism.

Jesus also taught the intermediate stage of qualified nondualism when he said, "You in me, I in you...." and so on.

Thus, Jesus taught all the three main principles or poises of consciousness - dualism, qualified nondualism and pure nondualism.

Every true mystics experiences and preaches all the three states of consciousness.

Muhammad was stuck on the inferior level of dualism. That's his incapacity which should not be imposed on others who know better.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#168962 Mar 22, 2013
QUESTIONS:

1) What is meant by the will?

2) What is the foundation of the will?

3) Is the will really free in the cosmic gradations leading right down to gross matter?

4) Is it possible to bring all the so-called involuntary actions in the body perfectly under the control of the will? How?

5) What is the meaning of true freedom?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#168963 Mar 22, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Let Johnny know that you are in the 21 st century and homosexuality is quite normal to you. Let him know that you are not rankled by it.

On the contrary it excites you and imparts very pleasant feelings in your pencil and head.
Buzz off.

Why're you constantly picking on Papa (Frijoles)?

There's no uniformity in personality types.

Similarly, sexuality has various functional modes.

If 1500 or more species of lower life forms can display same sex behavior, do you mean that a creature like say a worm (with almost no mind element to speak of) who manifests gay tendencies has a mental sickness which is why it indulges in same sex relationship with another worm having the same instincts?

There's no mental perversion in gay propensities.

It's a typal mode of sexuality.

Besides, the great advances in technology, brought about by an evolution in the mind-grade of consciousness, have rendered sexual procreation redundant just as cesarean birth teachniques have made the old-fashioned and painful vaginal birth obsolete with many woman opting for the cesarean form of delivery of babies.

With a further evolution of consciousness in matter, I think it would, in the not-too-distant-future, be possible to engineer a life-form from raw chemicals that employs a specific frequency of electrical current that activates the dormant life-force in the chemical mixture.

It may also be possible to revive a dead organism, in the future, using the correct frequency of electro-magnetic vibration applied at the right spot on the corpse and within a specific time period after clinical death.

All this is possible.....

It's just a matter of time that these technologies become a reality provided the emergence of a still higher grade of the mind-consciousness emerges in matter and in the minds of scientists through an act of evolution and given the accelerated tempo of the unification of the world currents via technology as seen in global trade, internet, air travel, satellite tech and so on all this is a distinct possibility....

Grow out of the biblical trash, retard.

Ok, then, dear?

(smiles)
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#168964 Mar 22, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Don't pick on Papa (Frijoles) all the time.

Direct your posts to all quarters and learn to keep your emotions in check.

Ok?
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#168965 Mar 22, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a man of very little intelligence, more like a subhuman.
If you're not fixated on titles then why bother whether Jesus called himself Son of God or Cousin of God or whatever?
Try to discover the underlying principles hinted at.
Even if Jesus gave himself a grand title like Son of God, it's a figure of speech and has to be viewed in the context of him saying in another place that he and his father were one - "I and my father are one."
So, the appellation "Son of God" indicates a dualistic stand, a separation in consciousness between the archetypal being (father) and its manifestation (son), whereas perfect identification in consciousness during deep trance made Jesus declare, in typical monistic fashion, his oneness with his origin (I and my father are one).
All this makes perfect sense.
So, we conclude that through the use of figurative titles, Jesus taught 2 main principles - dualism and the higher poise of monism.
Jesus also taught the intermediate stage of qualified nondualism when he said, "You in me, I in you...." and so on.
Thus, Jesus taught all the three main principles or poises of consciousness - dualism, qualified nondualism and pure nondualism.
Every true mystics experiences and preaches all the three states of consciousness.
Muhammad was stuck on the inferior level of dualism. That's his incapacity which should not be imposed on others who know better.
Nonsense!

You are really an idiot like Colonna, when it comes to exchange thoughts, fool!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 1 hr Eagle 12 4,693
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) Jul 21 thetruth 782
Convert me from Agnostic to Atheist Jul 14 ATHEOI 2
Astrology and Paganism Jun 30 Wolf 1
SHADOW PEOPLE... i need help (May '07) Jun '16 Friendly User17 348
News Ancient Spirituality and Commerce Clash in Mari El (Aug '10) Jun '16 yav1112 13
News Pastor: Church sign on Ramadan drew angry call,... Jun '16 The Prophet MO LIES 9
More from around the web