Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256284 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#168958 Mar 22, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Shortcomings? I mean, where would you start?
HughBe--- Dear missy, most here know that you are living the details. Don't worry WE think it is wrong but WE know that we are guilty of other wrongs. So, WE shall not cast the first stone but we shall not fail to point out your error while considering our own shortcomings.

Frijoles---Shortcomings? I mean, where would you start?

HughBe--- I take it as rhetorical question nevertheless YOU know that what is short for me is LONG for you or ABOVE your standards. So start at your HIGH point and go upward.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#168959 Mar 22, 2013
later
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#168960 Mar 22, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

To complete your feelings dear Joel, I shall add and he loves himself.
Narcissism personified.

(smiles)
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#168961 Mar 22, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>

Fixated on titles? I am not!

I am challenging the use of the words "the Son of God" ascribed to the high priest. No high priest would have added that to the word christ.
You're a man of very little intelligence, more like a subhuman.

If you're not fixated on titles then why bother whether Jesus called himself Son of God or Cousin of God or whatever?

Try to discover the underlying principles hinted at.

Even if Jesus gave himself a grand title like Son of God, it's a figure of speech and has to be viewed in the context of him saying in another place that he and his father were one - "I and my father are one."

So, the appellation "Son of God" indicates a dualistic stand, a separation in consciousness between the archetypal being (father) and its manifestation (son), whereas perfect identification in consciousness during deep trance made Jesus declare, in typical monistic fashion, his oneness with his origin (I and my father are one).

All this makes perfect sense.

So, we conclude that through the use of figurative titles, Jesus taught 2 main principles - dualism and the higher poise of monism.

Jesus also taught the intermediate stage of qualified nondualism when he said, "You in me, I in you...." and so on.

Thus, Jesus taught all the three main principles or poises of consciousness - dualism, qualified nondualism and pure nondualism.

Every true mystics experiences and preaches all the three states of consciousness.

Muhammad was stuck on the inferior level of dualism. That's his incapacity which should not be imposed on others who know better.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#168962 Mar 22, 2013
QUESTIONS:

1) What is meant by the will?

2) What is the foundation of the will?

3) Is the will really free in the cosmic gradations leading right down to gross matter?

4) Is it possible to bring all the so-called involuntary actions in the body perfectly under the control of the will? How?

5) What is the meaning of true freedom?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#168963 Mar 22, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Let Johnny know that you are in the 21 st century and homosexuality is quite normal to you. Let him know that you are not rankled by it.

On the contrary it excites you and imparts very pleasant feelings in your pencil and head.
Buzz off.

Why're you constantly picking on Papa (Frijoles)?

There's no uniformity in personality types.

Similarly, sexuality has various functional modes.

If 1500 or more species of lower life forms can display same sex behavior, do you mean that a creature like say a worm (with almost no mind element to speak of) who manifests gay tendencies has a mental sickness which is why it indulges in same sex relationship with another worm having the same instincts?

There's no mental perversion in gay propensities.

It's a typal mode of sexuality.

Besides, the great advances in technology, brought about by an evolution in the mind-grade of consciousness, have rendered sexual procreation redundant just as cesarean birth teachniques have made the old-fashioned and painful vaginal birth obsolete with many woman opting for the cesarean form of delivery of babies.

With a further evolution of consciousness in matter, I think it would, in the not-too-distant-future, be possible to engineer a life-form from raw chemicals that employs a specific frequency of electrical current that activates the dormant life-force in the chemical mixture.

It may also be possible to revive a dead organism, in the future, using the correct frequency of electro-magnetic vibration applied at the right spot on the corpse and within a specific time period after clinical death.

All this is possible.....

It's just a matter of time that these technologies become a reality provided the emergence of a still higher grade of the mind-consciousness emerges in matter and in the minds of scientists through an act of evolution and given the accelerated tempo of the unification of the world currents via technology as seen in global trade, internet, air travel, satellite tech and so on all this is a distinct possibility....

Grow out of the biblical trash, retard.

Ok, then, dear?

(smiles)
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#168964 Mar 22, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

It is a gift, from God. So I understand why you regard them as being odd.
Don't pick on Papa (Frijoles) all the time.

Direct your posts to all quarters and learn to keep your emotions in check.

Ok?
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#168965 Mar 22, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a man of very little intelligence, more like a subhuman.
If you're not fixated on titles then why bother whether Jesus called himself Son of God or Cousin of God or whatever?
Try to discover the underlying principles hinted at.
Even if Jesus gave himself a grand title like Son of God, it's a figure of speech and has to be viewed in the context of him saying in another place that he and his father were one - "I and my father are one."
So, the appellation "Son of God" indicates a dualistic stand, a separation in consciousness between the archetypal being (father) and its manifestation (son), whereas perfect identification in consciousness during deep trance made Jesus declare, in typical monistic fashion, his oneness with his origin (I and my father are one).
All this makes perfect sense.
So, we conclude that through the use of figurative titles, Jesus taught 2 main principles - dualism and the higher poise of monism.
Jesus also taught the intermediate stage of qualified nondualism when he said, "You in me, I in you...." and so on.
Thus, Jesus taught all the three main principles or poises of consciousness - dualism, qualified nondualism and pure nondualism.
Every true mystics experiences and preaches all the three states of consciousness.
Muhammad was stuck on the inferior level of dualism. That's his incapacity which should not be imposed on others who know better.
Nonsense!

You are really an idiot like Colonna, when it comes to exchange thoughts, fool!
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#168966 Mar 22, 2013
Bye, for now. Need to care for my burned foot.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#168967 Mar 22, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Well - to be quite blunt - I think of you as a TOTAL WHACKO, but you earned my respect a long time ago.
rabbee: well i do not have to be right, according to anyone but G-D only. there is no grey area here, it is either black or white. there is no such thing, as partially right. you are either 100% right, or 100% wrong.
and yes i am going to look, like a whacko to this world not true to G-D. for once again, TheHisSon adam is all alone here in TheTorah. as again there is, nobody here actually in IT. just a lot of talking critters again, that is all there is as we near the final day of Creation just again.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#168968 Mar 22, 2013
JOEL wrote:
QUESTIONS:
1) What is meant by the will?
2) What is the foundation of the will?
3) Is the will really free in the cosmic gradations leading right down to gross matter?
4) Is it possible to bring all the so-called involuntary actions in the body perfectly under the control of the will? How?
5) What is the meaning of true freedom?
rabbee: free will is what is offered, by the more subtle beast of the fields. who gives you with the mental freedom to fantasize, that you are all not there in TheTorah. it is nothing more than a fictional version, about what is really happening. it is nothing more, than the ability to tell lies freely.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#168969 Mar 22, 2013
HughBe wrote:
HughBe---Why do you want to deny that some claiming to be Christians are involved in lying and robbing etc?
I cut your post so I can reply.
This is what you said:
HughBe--- Please quote your words whereby you CONFIRMED that Christians LIE, STEAL etc.
Tell me why a honest and moderately intelligent person would not take your words as a CONTRARY view to what I stated about SOME Christians.
YOUR words, "So your remarks that Christians rape, lie, murder and rob was putting Christians in the same category as Muslims committing genocide on innocent people inferring that since Christians as you so stated rape, lie, murder and rob, you express therefore it is lawful for Muslims to commit genocide.."
Shamma---HughBe is a liar!
HughBe--- I am NOT your faggot priests or a DIck sucking rabbi, that I should lie. Be very careful Christian as I am not averse to bruising you Christian.

YOU DID LIE HUGHBE, AND YOU ARE LYING NOW.
In that post you compared the every day crime committed in our towns and cities to the gencide committed by Muslim as being on the same level as Muslim genocide giving lawful excuse for Nuslims to commit genocide.
Your mind HUGBE IS FUCKED UP!
THERE IS NO LAW THAT GIVES ANY ONE THE RIGHT TO COMMIT GENOCIDE.

THE SINS OF ORDINARY PEOPLE ARE CRIMES, AND THERE IS NO LAW THAT GIVES ANY ONE THE RIGHT TO COMMIT CRIMES.

BUT YOU HUGHBE BY COMPARING THEM AS AGAINST IN REGARDS AS THEY ARE CRIMES INDICATE THAT SINCE CATHOLICS COMMIT CRIMES ITS LAWFUL FOR MUSLIMS TO COMMIT GENOCIDE AGAINST THEM.
So You HughBe have disregard for the law and support Muslims committing genocide, by saying Catholics commit crimes , so what is the difference if Catholic commit crimes why shouldm't Muslims be allow to commit genocide on Christians, and non-Muslims.

In my statement we are all sinners covered that sin is wrong and a crime against God no matter if its just stealing or murder.
But it does not give anyone the right to commit sin just because some one else is committing a sin.

AND YOU IMPLIED IN YOUR POST THAT IT IS LAWFUL TO COMMIT SIN BECAUSE OTHER PEOPLE COMMIT SIN.

In other words HughBe you were trying to justify your committing sin by saying its okay to commit sin because every one commits sin.

Si your mind is fucked up.
You cannot justify murder by saying its okay for some to murder because other people murder too.
AND THAT IS WHAT YOU ARE SAYING IN YOUR POST YOU DUMB FUCK!

You are fucked up in the head.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#168970 Mar 22, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>

rabbee: free will is what is offered, by the more subtle beast of the fields. who gives you with the mental freedom to fantasize, that you are all not there in TheTorah. it is nothing more than a fictional version, about what is really happening. it is nothing more, than the ability to tell lies freely.
You're a retard with a low level of intelligence.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#168971 Mar 22, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe --It is a gift, from God. So I understand why you regard them as being odd.
FRijoles---Hints of your messiah complex again peaking out
HughBe--- I was unaware that my words made such a powerful impact.
Frijoles---dont worry, so are we.
HughBe---I accept that your "we" are UNAWARE but you have forgotten that the other WE or intelligent onlookers are aware.
Megalomania is even worse than messiah complex

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#168972 Mar 22, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't pick on Papa (Frijoles) all the time.
Direct your posts to all quarters and learn to keep your emotions in check.
Ok?
not to worry - it was solicited.

I would even say tongue in cheek but I would hate to get poor Hughbes juices going again.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#168973 Mar 22, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>

You are fucked up in the head.
Hugh's head is empty as his tiny brain is in his rear.

(smiles)
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#168974 Mar 22, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

not to worry - it was solicited.

I would even say tongue in cheek but I would hate to get poor Hughbes juices going again.
Hugh's tooooo weird, tooooo extremist, toooo illogical and tooooo incorrigible, Papa.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#168975 Mar 22, 2013
Dr Craig Venter, how are you?

Best Regards.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#168976 Mar 22, 2013
Dr Richard Dawkins, how are you?

Best Regards.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#168977 Mar 22, 2013
I recall how during the Jaipur Literary Festival in 2012, Dr Richard Dawkins, screamed, through live television, at an angry mob of frenzied Muslims, assembled outside the venue, who were protesting the invite issued to Salman Rushdie, that they (the Muslims) were wasting their time taking offense at Rushdie's controversial book The Satanic Verses (which earned him a death fatwa from the erstwhile Iranian ecclesiastical head) since the extra-cosmic God did not exist and was a delusion. The way I laughed, then. Yes, the extra-cosmic God and creation from nothing are pure fiction. ROFL.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rev. Mirado Crow (Sep '13) Aug 14 Nobody you know 14
News Woman Explains Why She Kept 100 Dead Cats in He... (Jun '10) Aug 7 Trump Rules Zippy 9
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Jul '17 John 4,952
News Harrogate mother says foster families are relig... (Nov '15) Jul '17 aunt jamama 53
Do you know where you will spend eternity? Jul '17 JacquelineDeane55 1
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) Jul '17 unserve satan 8199 844
Midnight Man Madness Jun '17 just sayin 3
More from around the web