Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments (Page 7,904)

Showing posts 158,061 - 158,080 of193,551
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
These atrocities were not by the Catholic Church but by people who fell short of their calling in Christ Jesus; our Lord and our God.
Actually it was the official Catholic church. They covered it up.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Jews are perfect human beings just like Muslims that never did anything wrong, or ever harmed anyone, is that right Frijoles?
You can dish it out but you cant take it.

Face it. Your church is full of pedophiles and all you do about it is blame Muslims. Weak.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it was the official Catholic church. They covered it up.
Where do you find what they did in the teachings of the Catholic Church? The cover ups were the failures of human beings and not the Catholic Church. We are all called to be new creations in Christ, but sadly very few live up to this calling.

More media attention is given to the relatively few cases of cover ups, given the number of priests, then is given to the abuses islam imposes on women: rapes, FGM, acid thrown in the faces of school girls, women being stoned to death, women stoned for being raped. How about the homosexuals being hung, Christian churches being burnt, Christians be killed, tortured and imprisoned in islamic countries. Why are these atrocities not covered by the News media?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you've said it a third time. No, they were not called Jews/Israelites. They were not Jews before the giving of the law.
As they said in the book "The Client", "You must be stupid, stupid, stupid."
Son, you must be an IDIOT or a JACKASS. I am more than aware that the word Jews was coined by men and long long after the giving of the law. I used Jews for communication purposes ONLY and this has been explained to you many times.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you've said it a third time. No, they were not called Jews/Israelites. They were not Jews before the giving of the law.
As they said in the book "The Client", "You must be stupid, stupid, stupid."
Eric---Now you've said it a third time.

HughBe--- Try answering the question.

which sentence comes before the other one? Is it 1 or 2?

1.Do YOU understand that the people were called JEWS/Israelites?

2.Do you understand that they were Jews before the giving of the law?

Eric--- No, they were NOT called Jews/Israelites. They were not Jews before the giving of the law.

HughBe--- Repeat after me, oh what a FOOL am I. Do it many times until it sinks in that you are a FOOL among other things.

YOU just said that they were NOT called Israelites and that is a BLATANT LIE.

YOU are without excuse as I have given you citations that plainly says that they were.

"And Pharaoh sent, and, behold, there was not one of the cattle of the ISRAELITES dead" Exodus 9:7

Now Eric, having read the text above tell me the name used for the people. Note, use the word found in the text and not one taken from your imaginary world. Is the word ISRAELITES?

Learn and understand your spiritual progenitor pharaoh called them Israelites BEFORE the exodus. So STOP your LIES.

Another example, "And ISRAEL dwelt in the land of Egypt, in the country of Goshen; and THEY had possessions therein, and grew, and multiplied exceedingly." Genesis 47:27

Were the people called ISRAEL before the exodus?

Einstein explain the two passages and reconcile them with your LIE that they were NOT called Israel or Israelites prior to the exodus.

Are Israelites the same as the Children of Israel?

What are the most used words in the Tanach for the Israelites?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow your logic is mind boggling.
At least I admitted that when I said "Even though they were technically and more properly Israelites, I don't think the term was used," I was incorrect that the term was not used. More than what you and Shamma do.
Eric---Wow your logic is mind boggling.

HughBe--- Correct and it is so for the simple and the average. Therefore, I understand your challenges.

Let me try again to simplify it for you.

1.Eric ---Actually they weren't. They WERE HEBREWS at this time.

2.Eric --I actually did a search and the term ISRAELITE is used.

3. HughBe--- Clearly, you are acknowledging that they were called Israelites.

Do YOU understand your own words? I hardly think so.

Now I spoke in terms of JEWS/Israelites. In other words I was using the words interchangeably and I did it for communication purposes since in the age that we live in Jews are the most used word.

Get it? I hardly think so. Take it as your Home Work assignment and STUDY the wisdom which keeps going over your head.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Sunday night is erev pesach. But pesach starts the following night.
Once again, I ask the following--

Will YOU be keeping Passover?

What is Passover?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
First, I was commenting on the sentence I was commenting upon. I singled out that sentence.
Second, they were not called JEWS/Israelites before the law. That sentence is incorrect. They were never called anything containing the word JEWS before the law. Therefore, you were not accepting the given name. This is emphasized more in the next sentence where you don't even use the word Israelite.
Eric---First, I was commenting on the sentence I was commenting upon. I singled out that sentence.

HughBe--- The sentence in question reads thus--Do you understand that they were Jews before the giving of the law?

Eric---They were never called anything containing the word JEWS before the law.

HughBe---The sentence of YOUR focus made no mention of what they were CALLED. What it did was to state what they were. Get the difference?

Read it slooooly again. Start now, "Do you understand that they were Jews before the giving of the law?"

Are you ONLY what you are called?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

later
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Excerpts from the Gospel of Barnabas, Part-74

Chapter 159

The disciples answered: "O master, exceeding great are your words, therefore have mercy upon us, for we understand them not." Jesus said: "Think you perhaps that God has created his Messenger to be a rival, who should be fain to make himself equal with God? Assuredly not, but rather as his good slave, who should not will that which his Lord wills not. You are not able to understand this because you know not what a thing is sin. Wherefore hearken to my words. Truly, truly, I say to you, sin cannot arise in man save as a contradiction of God, seeing that only is sin which God wills not: insomuch that all that God wills is most alien from sin.

"As God lives, in whose presence my soul stands, if Satan had spoken to the angels in order to see how they loved God, he would not have been rejected of God, but because he sought to turn them away from God, therefore is he reprobate." Then answered he who writes : "How, then, is to be understood that which was said in Micaiah the prophet, concerning the lie which God ordained to be spoken by the mouth of false prophets, as is written in the book of the kings of Israel?" Jesus answered: "O Barnabas, recite briefly all that befell, that we may see the truth clearly."

Chapter 160 Miciah the Prophet

Then said he who writes: "Daniel the prophet, describing the history of the kings of Israel and their tyrants, writes thus: "The king of Israel joined himself with the king of Judah to fight against the sons of Belial (that is, reprobates) who were the Ammonites. Now Jehoshaphat, king of Judah, and Ahab, king of Israel, being seated both on a throne in Samaria, there stood before them four hundred false prophets, who said to the king of Israel: "Go up against the Ammonites, for God will give them into your hands, and you shall scatter Ammon."

..Micaiah answered: "Go up, go up, for prosperously shall you go up, and still more prosperously come down!" Then the false prophets praised Micaiah as a true prophet of God, and broke off the fetters from his feet. Jehoshaphat, who feared our God, and had never bowed his knees before the idols, asked Micaiah, saying: "For the love of the God of our fathers, speak the truth, as you have seen the issue of this war." Micaiah ;answered: "O Jehoshaphat, I fear your face where. fore I tell you that I have seen the people of Israel as sheep without a shepherd." Then Ahab, smiling, said to Jehoshaphat;: "I told you that this fellow predicts only evil, but you did not believe it..
Then said they both: "Now how know you this, O Micaiah?"

"Micaiah answered: "Methought there assembled a council of the angels in the presence of God, and I heard God say thus: "Who will deceive Ahab that he may go up against Ammon and be slain?" Whereupon one said one thing and another said another. Then came an angel and said: "Lord, I will fight against Ahab, and will go to his false prophets and will put the lie into their mouth, and so shall he go up and be slain." And hearing this, God said: "Now go and do so, for you shall prevail". Then were the false prophets enraged, and their chief smote Micaiah's cheek, saying: "O reprobate of God, when did the angel of truth depart from us and come to you? Tell us, when came to us the angel that brought the lie?" .
(Abridged)

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
But yet you said "Fascinating that this man was able to reason through the heresy of islam to see the truth"

Dont be coy. We can see through you.
Chuckle! A good one.

bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Buford Pusser wrote:
For the international readers:
Contradictions in the Qur'an
International readers have taken note of that long time ago and have found no contradictions, when the read it.

How are you, Buford? Hope all is well with you, family and friends.

An international reader
BMZ

bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Just a note:

When I wanted to submit the above neat and clean post, I saw the following swift prompt:

"Please refrain from posting profanity or offensive material.
Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator."

bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Jews are perfect human beings just like Muslims that never did anything wrong, or ever harmed anyone, is that right Frijoles?
That is right, Shamma.

bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
No group is blameless.
But...stealing the books of Jews, changing them around to create a mythical mangod as an insult to the G-d of Jews and then accuse them of having killed "their G-d in the form of a man"!!
This is the worst form of hypocrisy.
Thanks for a short but an excellent post.

I can't think of anything worse than that.

bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Are these poor mangod worshippers desperate?

Xtian..Priests are becoming Muslims because they can't keep telling lies to the world.

RCC is in tatters...and PANIC has "gripped" the mangod worshippers...

IF ONLY......they bothered to LISTEN to Jesus Pbuh, WHO NEVER CLAIMED HE WAS GOD/SON OF GOD ....OR NEVER TOLD THEM TO WORSHIP HIM!!!.......if only...if only...

JESUS WORSHIPPED GOD...JESUS NEVER CLAIMED DIVINITY...

SIMPLE HOME TRUTHS COULD HAVE SAVED THESE DELUDED FOLKS...
Yes to all.
Eric

Addison, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
The leaders of God's Catholic Church are infallible in matters of faith and morals. This does not mean they are impeccable. The Catechism of the Catholic Church was given us by God through His Church, point out where she teaches these atrocities committed by some of her members are in accordance with her teachings. The atrocities committed by muslims can be found in their koran.
Please rest assured that neither myself, my ancestors (who were forced out of Spain in 1492), nor my landsman care from whence the impetus came. If the leaders of the church are infallible in matters of morals, their morals have proven to be severely lacking over time.

Now as far as teachings are concerned, you are truly aware that there exist at least 2 NT references to conversion. e.g., Matthew 16:15; Acts 2:38,41 There are no NT references on how.

We see encyclicals throughout your history exhorting "punishments" for not converting. Council of Basil 1431-1435

The ECUMENICAL COUNCIL OF FLORENCE (1438-1445) approved of punishing those who did not convert and supported the taking of property of those who refused to convert.

etc etc

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes to all.
Any Catholic priest that leaves the Catholic Church and converts to Islam was not worthy of being a priest in the first place.

Those that do convert to Islam more likely are pedophiles.
Good riddance to them.
Eric

Addison, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Start now, "Do you understand that they were Jews before the giving of the law?"
And they were not Jews before the giving of the law either. They were Hebrews. They were Israelites (as I said in my first post). They came from many many tribes.
Eric

Addison, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

MUQ wrote:
Excerpts from the Gospel of Barnabas, Part-74
oops. It seems like someone has reverted to former admitted failures.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 158,061 - 158,080 of193,551
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Search the Pagan/Wiccan Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Wiccan Atheists and Agnostics (Aug '13) 9 hr PINCH111 284
Paganism still suffering from wounds inflicted ... 9 hr PINCH111 5
Ex-Disney Star Renounced Christianity and Becam... 9 hr PINCH111 54
Wiccan Threefold Law Is Overrated 10 hr PINCH111 8
What is Ritual Sex? (Nov '11) 10 hr PINCH111 72
Create A Potted Plant Altar 20 hr Drake_Burrwood 1
Woman Injured in Wiccan Ceremony (Jul '08) Wed Ken Ra 5
•••
•••