Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256291 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#168375 Mar 19, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not mean it's so because they are homosex
In any case, its an ugly subject for sure, and the only reason I went into it was Skeptics idiocy of linking one with another. And I see that Hughbe is quick to follow up on his heels.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#168376 Mar 19, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
HUGHBE, in the past you have demonstrated you are incapable of causal conversation regarding religion. That is why I directed you to google.
If you are interested in my personal practice - then go google modern orthodox Judaism and conservative Judaism - I am somewhere in the middle in practice...
Frijoles---HUGHBE, in the past you have demonstrated you are incapable of causal conversation regarding religion.

HughBe--- What is the name of this thread? Is it related to RELIGION?

YOU started this round of exchanges with the introduction of the Passover video called "Who let the Jews out/Passover". Have you forgotten it so quickly sieve brain?

So why do you now talk CS i.e. I am "incapable of causal conversation regarding religion."

Later.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#168377 Mar 19, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
No one claims the Holy Bible was written by one person. You claim your quran was written by mohammad but there is no proof of it. Prove the koran you now use is the same one dictated by mohammad.
Hello Satanic mangod worshipping liar and a deceiver.
Stop talking about circumcised men and start worshipping GOD.

When did I ever claim that THE MOST HOLY PROPHET MUHAMMED PBUH, wrote the MOST HOLY QURAN?

THE MOST HOLY QURAN in its present form will be EXTREMELY familiar to THE MOST HOLY PROPHET MUHAMMED PBUH, if he were to return to planet earth today.

Jesus PBUH, on the other hand will NOT recognise MOST of your NT!!

More to the point....

You said, the Quran in its present form has been around since 652AD (632AD when the holy prophet died + 20years of collation). This is being used by an OVERWHELMING majority of Muslims even today.

Now please produce a complete set of your Holy Bible that has been exactly the same since THAT date (652AD) and being used by a SIMPLE majority of Christians!!

YOU WON'T!!!!!
Go for it truth speaker!
uhuh

Spain

#168378 Mar 19, 2013
the Father (YHWH) has always been INVISIBLE

idolaters just couldn't have faith in the unseen; they need to have something they can see and touch

so now, Jesus is the VISIBLE image of YHWH
uhuh

Spain

#168379 Mar 19, 2013
"He has made Him to be sin for us" (2Cor 5:21), "in a sinful flesh" (Rom 8:3)

the Father created Jesus to be a sinful flesh..
tsk tsk

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#168380 Mar 19, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_sex_abu...
Gay priests and homosexuality
According to the John-Jay-Report 80.9% of the alleged abuse victims in the United States were male.[63] This led to William Donohue of the Catholic League to opine: "I maintain it has been a homosexual crisis all along."[236]
This was described as “an unwarranted conclusion” to assert that the majority of priests who abused male victims are gay. Though “the majority of the abusive acts were homosexual in nature [...] participation in homosexual acts is not the same as sexual identity as a gay man.”
She further stated that "the idea of sexual identity [should] be separated from the problem of sexual abuse...[A]t this point, we do not find a connection between homosexual identity and the increased likelihood of subsequent abuse from the data that we have right now.”[170] Research on pedophilia in general shows a majority of abusers identify themselves as heterosexual.[237][238] The Causes and Context Study of the John Jay Institute found no statistical support for linking homosexual identity and sexual abuse of minors.[235]
Additionally The New York Times reported "the abuse decreased as more gay priests began serving the church."[239]
-----
http://www.politicsdaily.com/2009/11/18/new-c...
New Catholic Sex Abuse Findings: Gay Priests Are Not the Problem
BALTIMORE -- For much of the past decade it has been an article of faith for many, bolstered by the testimony of thousands of victims, that the Catholic priesthood is a haven for child molesters and that the Catholic bishops have been particularly guilty of covering up for those abusers.
But preliminary results from a sweeping study of sexual abuse in the priesthood show that the Catholic Church has been much like the rest of society in terms of the incidence of abuse and the response by its institutional leaders.
The data, which was presented to the U.S. hierarchy on the second day of their annual meeting here, also appears to contradict the widely held view that homosexuals in the priesthood were largely responsible for the abuse.
"What we are suggesting is that the idea of sexual identity be separated from the problem of sexual abuse," said Margaret Smith, a researcher from the John Jay College of Criminal Justice in New York, which is conducting an independent study of sexual abuse in the priesthood from 1950 up to 2002. "At this point, we do not find a connection between homosexual identity and an increased likelihood of sexual abuse."..........
You report is bogus.
Same sex whether its female or male and children is a homosexual trait.
Their minds are distorted.
They see no wrong in the wrong they do.
The parallel is hetero sex with out regard of responsibility
But there is a distinction, hetero sex is between a male and female.

Sexual abuse is sexual abuse, whether its same sex or irresponsible
hetero sex.

Where you are misguided is in portraying the gay life style as normal in comparing it with the irresponsible life style of hetero sexual sex.
Both life styles are irresponsible sex.

It foster sexual and emotional distress on the individuals causing health problem within both life styles..
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#168381 Mar 19, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop talking about circumcised men and start worshipping GOD.
When did I ever claim that THE MOST HOLY PROPHET MUHAMMED PBUH, wrote the MOST HOLY QURAN?
THE MOST HOLY QURAN in its present form will be EXTREMELY familiar to THE MOST HOLY PROPHET MUHAMMED PBUH, if he were to return to planet earth today.
More to the point....
You said, the Quran in its present form has been around since 652AD (632AD when the holy prophet died + 20years of collation). This is being used by an OVERWHELMING majority of Muslims even today.
Now please produce a complete set of your Holy Bible that has been exactly the same since THAT date (652AD) and being used by a SIMPLE majority of Christians!!
YOU WON'T!!!!!
Go for it truth speaker!
You're saying the koran you are using today would be "EXTREMELY familiar to THE MOST HOLY PROPHET MUHAMMED." In other words you are saying its not the same as the one mohammad had dictated? So its not from allah, who is it from?

Location hidden

#168382 Mar 19, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You report is bogus.
Same sex whether its female or male and children is a homosexual trait.
Their minds are distorted.
They see no wrong in the wrong they do.
The parallel is hetero sex with out regard of responsibility
But there is a distinction, hetero sex is between a male and female.
Sexual abuse is sexual abuse, whether its same sex or irresponsible
hetero sex.
Where you are misguided is in portraying the gay life style as normal in comparing it with the irresponsible life style of hetero sexual sex.
Both life styles are irresponsible sex.
It foster sexual and emotional distress on the individuals causing health problem within both life styles..
gay lifestyle is normal. Please enter the 21th century

and I agree, abuse is abuse

Location hidden

#168383 Mar 19, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Capital "S" too?!
Dear skeptic...
God does NOT have a son.
God has countless creations that can all be seen as "son/daughters/toys! "
Grow up Alex.
Your refusal to accept the evidence that Jesus is the Son of God as presented in the NT Scripture is not sufficient proof to prove God has no Son.

Location hidden

#168384 Mar 19, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles---HUGHBE, in the past you have demonstrated you are incapable of causal conversation regarding religion.
HughBe--- What is the name of this thread? Is it related to RELIGION?
YOU started this round of exchanges with the introduction of the Passover video called "Who let the Jews out/Passover". Have you forgotten it so quickly sieve brain?
So why do you now talk CS i.e. I am "incapable of causal conversation regarding religion."
Later.
You ARE incapable. You exist here to preach.

Location hidden

#168385 Mar 19, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
gay lifestyle is normal. Please enter the 21th century
and I agree, abuse is abuse
Saying it is normal does not make it normal.
The percentage of gays that get married is very small.
The object of gay life style is not to get married.
Mengal

Islamabad, Pakistan

#168386 Mar 19, 2013
WHO IS GOD (ALMIGHTY ALLAH)

Suppose one say this is a pen, while one who if reject the claim that is not pen. Than it is compulsory for that one who rejects the claim, should know the definition and meaning of the pen. Therefore, one has to accept or believe a God than that person should know the definition and meaning of God. Why I do not believe concept of God out of Islam, because of concept of God these people have is wrong.
Being Muslim it is my duty to give true and correct concept of God Almighty Allah. The best definition one can give of Allah (the Almighty God) it is mentioned in the Holy Quran Sura Ikhlas Ch: 112 which says
Allah is the absolute and eternal: He has no beginning, He has no end. He is the One who helps other people but does not require help, Allah the absolute and Eternal! He begets not nor is He begotten: He has not father and mother. He has got no children, no begotten children. And there is nothing unto him like in this world: There is nothing comparable to him in this world. Surah 112: The moment you can compare Allah any one, He is not Allah. If any one who claim to be God Almighty if he fits above definition we Muslim have got no objection to accept him as God Almighty.
Admittedly Jesus P.B.U.H was the mightiest messenger of Allah. He born miraculously and cured the lepers, blinds and did other miracles with permission of Allah. However Jesus too, does not fit in the above Quranic definition. Jesus was born with flesh and bones. He also required food to live like other human being, even otherwise he never unequivocally claim as God or ask his followers to worship him as a God. He never claims divinity, or any word trinity, existed in bible. Apostle Jesus P.B.U.H being mightiest messenger of Allah came only for Jews, and for that period as same is evident from bible. He had come for the last sheep of Israel.

But amazingly Christians from there own self raised him on a status of God Almighty, That is why Jesus P.B.U.H on his second coming to this world clearly would reject his those followers who worship him as God, According to Gospel in Second coming of Jesus his followers would gather and say to him O! Master, O! Master we did wonders and miracles to thy name but Jesus reject them saying, O! Man of in equity I do not know ye and identify ye go away and depart from me.

Location hidden

#168387 Mar 19, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Saying it is normal does not make it normal.
The percentage of gays that get married is very small.
The object of gay life style is not to get married.
What planet do you populate?
Mengal

Islamabad, Pakistan

#168388 Mar 19, 2013
SEE WHO IS ALMIGHTY ALLH

Almost all human beings believe that this universe is created by one Super Power and He is controlling the same. Muslims called this Super Power as Allah, Hindus called it Bagman Jews and Christians called it God, Jesus or Father.

No doubt originally religion of all human being was one and same i.e. to submit before their creator and worship him but later on people corrupted it and adopted different faiths or religions.

Amazingly when the creator of whole universe is one and same irrespective of that He is called Jesus or Father or God, Bagman or Allah than those people who are unreasonably abuse the creator of universe whom people called in different names and different attributes.

According to Islam and Muslims the Allah (creator) is one and whose definition has been given in Holy Quran as follows:-

S.112 1-4 Holy Quran

1. Say: He is Allah the one and only.
2. Allah, The Eternal, Absolute;
3. He begetteth not, Nor is He begotten;
4. And there is none like unto Him.

Holy Quran S.II - 255

Allah! There is no God
But He____ the living
The self-subsisting, Eternal.
No slumber can seize Him
Nor sleep. His are all things
In the heaven and on earth
Who is there can intercede
In His presence except.
As He permitted? He knowth
What (appeareth to His creatures As)
Before or after or behind them.
Nor shall they compass
Aught of His knowledge
Except as He willeth.
His throne doth extend,
Over the heavens
And the earth, and he feeleth
No fatigue in guarding
And preserving them
For he is the most High,
The supreme (in glory).

Holy Quran S. 24 -35

Allah is the light
Of the heavens and earth.
The parable of His light
Is as if there were a niche
And with in it a lamp!
The lamp enclosed in glass;
The glass as it were
A brilliant star;
Lit from a blessed tree
An olive, neither of the east
Nor of the west.
Whose oil is well nigh
Luminous,
Though fire scarce touched it;
Light upon light
Allah doth guide
Whom He will
To His light
Allah doth set for the parables
For men: and Allah
Doth know all things.

S-1, 1-15 Holy Quran

Praise be to Allah
The cherisher & sustainer of
The world;
Most Gracious, Most Merciful;
Master of the day of Judgment
Thee do we worship,
And thine aid we seek
Show us the straight-way;
The way of those on whom
Thou hast bestowed the grace,
Thou whose (portion)
Is not wrath;
And who go not astray.

Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#168389 Mar 19, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Shame on you Alex jerking off on this thread.
What you think people are morons like you.
You want to piss in your pants, you piss in your pants in the private of your home.
Grow up Alex.
Is that "Christian speak" for "Oh dear I am clueless"??

Stop getting your pants in a twist and answer this in a VERY simple and DIRECT fashion with chapter and verse...THANK YOU!

Please produce PROOF from Jesus making a DIRECT claim...

"I am Jesus. I am your God who came to earth in human form as my own son to die for the sins of gentiles on a roman cross so that through belief in my unconditional/loving/willing sacrifice you can have eternal life. Worship me.(Bonus points: Worship and kiss the phallic cross and get your pope to kiss it and carry it with him)"

Thank you Skeptic.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#168390 Mar 19, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Grow up Alex.
Your refusal to accept the evidence that Jesus is the Son of God as presented in the NT Scripture is not sufficient proof to prove God has no Son.
G-D had Sons by the Ton!

Who was Jacob?

Show this CLEARLY instead of screaming your head off..
If you can't show this CLEARLY then you KNOW you are worshipping a LIE as dished out by SATAN...

Please produce PROOF from Jesus making a DIRECT claim...

"I am Jesus. I am your God who came to earth in human form as my own son to die for the sins of gentiles on a roman cross so that through belief in my unconditional/loving/willing sacrifice you can have eternal life. Worship me.(Bonus points: Worship and kiss the phallic cross and get your pope to kiss it and carry it with him)"

Thank you Skeptic.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#168391 Mar 19, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
You're saying the koran you are using today would be "EXTREMELY familiar to THE MOST HOLY PROPHET MUHAMMED." In other words you are saying its not the same as the one mohammad had dictated? So its not from allah, who is it from?

You are clinging to books NEVER ever seen by that man Jesus.
You are claiming that a set of books written by all and sundry is from your "god"!!

Then you have the audacity to challenge the Quran with which the MOST HOLY PROPHET MUHAMMED PBUH IS MOST FAMILIAR!!

Now can you produce your "holy" books from 652AD that have been accepted and used by the majority of Christians today? LOL..
YOU CAN'T!

Give up perverted worship of naked Jewish men on phallic poles and start worshipping GOD.

THE MOST HOLY QURAN in its present form will be EXTREMELY familiar to THE MOST HOLY PROPHET MUHAMMED PBUH, if he were to return to planet earth today. I am sure he is familiar with it 100%.

More to the point....
YOU WON'T!!!!!
Go for it deceiver!
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#168392 Mar 19, 2013
uhuh wrote:
"He has made Him to be sin for us" (2Cor 5:21), "in a sinful flesh" (Rom 8:3)
the Father created Jesus to be a sinful flesh..
tsk tsk
What happened to that sinful foreskin?
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#168393 Mar 19, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus did say it.
Jesus claimed to be God in ways that were pretty clear to the people He was talking to. Our problem as 21st century readers, is that we might not easily get what some of Jesus’ sayings actually meant to the people who were part of the conversation.
For example, Jesus also claimed to be divine when He said He was the ”Son of Man.” I’ll admit that the first time I heard this title, I thought it was kind of like Muhammad saying,“I am but a man like you”(Qur’an 41:6)—Now there’s a religious figure who never claimed to be God! But this isn’t what Jesus meant at all. Let’s take a look at the term,“Son of Man.”
Jesus claimed to be the Son of Man
“Son of Man” seems to be Jesus’ favorite thing to call Himself–He uses it 80 times in the New Testament Gospels. Interestingly, it’s only used 1 time outside the gospels (Acts 7:56). So this probably wasn’t something the church made up.
How many modern worship songs can you think of that use the term,“Son of Man?” We know this title didn’t emerge later on in history and it wasn’t written back into the earlier traditions about Jesus. But why is this title important?
Because it’s referring to a figure that Jews recognized as divine. Here’s what the Jewish prophet Daniel wrote (7:13-14):
In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all peoples, nations and men of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.
Here’s the point: The “Son of Man” in Daniel’s vision is rightful heir to the divine throne. According to the prophecy, He’ll rule forever. Nations will worship Him and His kingdom will be unstoppable.
Jesus claimed to be the Divine Messiah
The high priest asked him,“Are you the Messiah, the Son of the Blessed One?”“I am,” said Jesus.“And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven.” The high priest tore his clothes.
“Why do we need any more witnesses?” he asked.“You have heard the blasphemy. What do you think?” They all condemned him as worthy of death.(63-64).
Jesus publicly claimed to be the Messiah. He claimed to be the Son of God. He even used the divine name in His answer:“I AM.” Now, at the very least, Jesus answered,“Yeah, I’m the Messiah. I’m the Son of God.” At that point, the High Priest probably thought something like,“Gotcha!”
Did Jesus Say He Was God?
But then, Jesus follows up with,“I’m also the Son of Man. And you’ll see me seated at the right hand of Power and coming on the clouds of heaven.”
That’s when people freaked. Why? Because Jesus basically said,”You know that guy in Daniel’s vision? That’s Me.”
The high priest didn’t misunderstand Him for a second. His response was essentially,“Yikes! You just said you’re God and everyone should worship you!” No ambiguity there. But this just expressed what Jesus already seemed to assume by walking around and doing the things He did.
Things like claiming to forgive sins (Mark 2:5-11, Luke 5:20-24). He certainly didn’t object when people worshiped Him or called Him God (John 20:28-29).
Jesus said He was God
If you’re willing to look at the historical record, you’ll find that there’s a reasonable explanation for the early Christian belief that Jesus was divine: Jesus Himself said He was God. Even people who hated Jesus attest to the fact that this is what He said about Himself.
In Jesus own words said He was.
Who wrote this Horse Shit? You or some other idiot?

If a sensible Christian reads the above bull shit, he/she will surely renounce Christianity
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#168394 Mar 19, 2013
uhuh wrote:
the Father (YHWH) has always been INVISIBLE
idolaters just couldn't have faith in the unseen; they need to have something they can see and touch
so now, Jesus is the VISIBLE image of YHWH
lol........
or as they claim...
YHVH is the INVISIBLE image of BJ!!!

Surely...with foreskin he was one image and without foreskin he was another image?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Loner wiccan Oct 1 birdy 2
ecoven on Facebook. secret group free classes a... (Apr '14) Sep 25 de_sheets 3
News Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe (Jun '14) Sep '17 dirt reynolds 121
News Harrogate mother says foster families are relig... (Nov '15) Sep '17 ABBB 54
the 7 great clans (Jun '07) Sep '17 blessed 479
Rev. Mirado Crow (Sep '13) Aug '17 Nobody you know 14
News Woman Explains Why She Kept 100 Dead Cats in He... (Jun '10) Aug '17 Trump Rules Zippy 6
More from around the web