Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 203,424

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#167955 Mar 17, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that after rescuing Jesus and moving him to safety, God gave Satan the authority to see what best he could do.
Satan succeeded and with the help of his minions, founded Christianity. You should praise Satan.
God, Emanuel, is with His Christian people. Jesus brought about His victory over the pagan Roman gods, and further helped bring about the Kingdom of God. Praise be our Lord and God, Jesus the Christ.

islam lives in fear of Christianity for it knows how God over came the pagan gods of Roman and will one day over come the pagan gods of islam.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#167956 Mar 17, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Its all Greece to me!
3/17/13 B.C.E.
That is what I said, The language of the native people of the land of Greece is Greek.
uhuh

Spain

#167957 Mar 17, 2013
Palm Sunday?
upon Jesus' theatrical entry into Jerusalem the Jews "took palm branches and cried hoshana", a week before Pesach

the gospel writers seriously mixed up Pesach with the Sukkot festival

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#167958 Mar 17, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>That is what I said, The language of the native people of the land of Greece is Greek.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =1id2f_G2hNkXX
No, you said the language was Greece. After claiming that CE meant BCE.

Even Hughbe made reference to the absurdity of your positions.

Location hidden

#167960 Mar 17, 2013
uhuh wrote:
Palm Sunday?
upon Jesus' theatrical entry into Jerusalem the Jews "took palm branches and cried hoshana", a week before Pesach
Thats because they probably slept through their Hebrew School classes.

Location hidden

#167961 Mar 17, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
BMZ---Greece" an easy language to learn?
Frijoles---Back in the C.E. before jesus was born apparently it was.
HughBe--- Everything in your sentence makes very good sense, dear Frijoles. I call the sentence pure BRILLIANCE.
So how do you celebrate Palm Sunday?

Location hidden

#167962 Mar 17, 2013
Kings that ruled in the land of Greece.
uhuh

Spain

#167963 Mar 17, 2013
bmz wrote:
You forgot to write that Jesus was also an animal. I mean The Lamb.
"As Moses raised up the serpent in the wilderness, it is only proper that the Son of Man be raised up" -John

Jesus The Fiery Serpent? lol
Eric

Glen Ellyn, IL

#167964 Mar 17, 2013
uhuh wrote:
Palm Sunday?
As I have said often, the gospel writers took as many prophecis as they could and forced the retelling of the life of Jesus into them. This one is even more egregious because they admit that the whole thing was contrived.

Location hidden

#167965 Mar 17, 2013

Location hidden

#167966 Mar 17, 2013

Location hidden

#167967 Mar 17, 2013
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#167968 Mar 17, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
So how do you celebrate Palm Sunday?
I know that you are in a better position to tell me how I do it given that you have the ability to speak on non-existent things.

I am going to repeat what I have said every year since I have been on this forum and several times a year. Now pay attention. I celebrate ONLY the commanded feast days so for example I shall be keeping Passover next Sunday. Do you know what is Passover? If so, are you planning to keep it?

Location hidden

#167969 Mar 17, 2013
Homer's poetry
of the Iliad and Odyssey were written in a sort of literary Ionic with some borrowed words from the other dialects. Ionic, became the first literary language of ancient Greece until the ascendancy of Athens in the late fifth century. Greek lyrical poetry and Ancient Greek Tragedy was written in Doric.

Attic Greek was a sub dialect of Ionic that belonged to the language of the Athenians for centuries. Classical Literature that survived is written in Attic Greek, this includes extant text of Plato and Aristotle .

Hellenistic Greek 'Koine'(meaning Common, also known as Biblical Greek) came from the colonization of Asian Minoans to Egypt and to the Middle East; this is where the language evolved into multiple dialects. Alexander the Great was instrumental in combining these dialects to make the 'Koine' dialect. As this allowed Alexander's combined Army to communicate with itself and the language also taught the inhabitants of the land he conquered, making Greek a world language. This then allowed the Greek language to flourish during the Hellenistic period.

From the beginning of the classical period, Greek has been written in the Greek alphabet, which was derived from the Phoenicians. This is clear from the shape of the letters, even Herodotus in his book of Histories, claimed the Greek alphabet included Phoenician styled letters in the alphabet, However, the Phoenician language only had letters for constants, which the Greeks adopted and evolved to included letters of sounds that were not included. Early Ancient Greek was also written from right to left, the same as the Phoenician.
Eric

Glen Ellyn, IL

#167970 Mar 17, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that you are in a better position to tell me how I do it given that you have the ability to speak on non-existent things.
I am going to repeat what I have said every year since I have been on this forum and several times a year. Now pay attention. I celebrate ONLY the commanded feast days so for example I shall be keeping Passover next Sunday. Do you know what is Passover? If so, are you planning to keep it?
Why Sunday?
Eric

Glen Ellyn, IL

#167973 Mar 17, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Homer's poetry
of the Iliad and Odyssey were written in a sort of literary Ionic with some borrowed words from the other dialects. Ionic, became the first literary language of ancient Greece until the ascendancy of Athens in the late fifth century. Greek lyrical poetry and Ancient Greek Tragedy was written in Doric.
Attic Greek was a sub dialect of Ionic that belonged to the language of the Athenians for centuries. Classical Literature that survived is written in Attic Greek, this includes extant text of Plato and Aristotle .
Hellenistic Greek 'Koine'(meaning Common, also known as Biblical Greek) came from the colonization of Asian Minoans to Egypt and to the Middle East; this is where the language evolved into multiple dialects. Alexander the Great was instrumental in combining these dialects to make the 'Koine' dialect. As this allowed Alexander's combined Army to communicate with itself and the language also taught the inhabitants of the land he conquered, making Greek a world language. This then allowed the Greek language to flourish during the Hellenistic period.
From the beginning of the classical period, Greek has been written in the Greek alphabet, which was derived from the Phoenicians. This is clear from the shape of the letters, even Herodotus in his book of Histories, claimed the Greek alphabet included Phoenician styled letters in the alphabet, However, the Phoenician language only had letters for constants, which the Greeks adopted and evolved to included letters of sounds that were not included. Early Ancient Greek was also written from right to left, the same as the Phoenician.
Ever hear of the war between the Macabbees and the Assyrian Greeks? How about Chanukah?

Location hidden

#167975 Mar 17, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you celebrate Passover, and why on Sunday?

Location hidden

#167976 Mar 17, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever hear of the war between the Macabbees and the Assyrian Greeks? How about Chanukah?
The books of the Maccabees are counted among the apocryphal books of the Old Testament.

These books are not extant among the Hebrew scriptures, but rather in the Septuagint, abbreviated LXX.

Chapter 1.
Verses 15-16
And they built a place of xercise in Jerusalem, according to the laws of the nations, 16. and they made themselves prepuces, and departed from the holy covenant, and joined themselves to the heathens, and were sold to do evil.

Location hidden

#167977 Mar 17, 2013
uhuh wrote:
<quoted text>
"As Moses raised up the serpent in the wilderness, it is only proper that the Son of Man be raised up" -John
Jesus The Fiery Serpent? lol
They claim it is a wilderness, but you explain that to the lizards, the Jackrabbbits, and the 700 species of plants that grow there?
Eric

Downers Grove, IL

#167978 Mar 17, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
The books of the Maccabees are counted among the apocryphal books of the Old Testament.
These books are not extant among the Hebrew scriptures, but rather in the Septuagint, abbreviated LXX.
Chapter 1.
Verses 15-16
And they built a place of xercise in Jerusalem, according to the laws of the nations, 16. and they made themselves prepuces, and departed from the holy covenant, and joined themselves to the heathens, and were sold to do evil.
Do you understand that historical events are recorded in books other than scriptures?

Now I ask again, have you heard about the war between the Maccabees and the Assyrian Greeks?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bloomfield woman behind Ten Commandments monume... Oct 10 Liam R 3
Wiccan Arrested on Child Rape Charges (Apr '10) Oct 9 Lee County NC 46
I...(gulp) am a Pagan Agnostic Taoist Sep 28 Ol Fuddy Duddy 2
Respecting belief: why should you? And why shou... Sep 21 thetruth 21
Pagan caught performing naked ritual with teena... (Nov '12) Sep '14 Kathwynn 14
Who exactly was Gjoub, and should I trust him? (Mar '09) Sep '14 Kathwynn 503
SHADOW PEOPLE... i need help (May '07) Aug '14 Only1Likeme212 347

Pagan/Wiccan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE