Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256266 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

JOEL

Mumbai, India

#167989 Mar 17, 2013
My scalded right foot is painful. It's suddenly begining to act up. Resting.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#167990 Mar 17, 2013
Jesus is no one. Bye.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#167991 Mar 17, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that is not what you had said earlier.
You should stick to what you said and re-write: "The language of the native people of the land of Greek is Greece".
These are the words I posted.
Greece is the language of Greek speaking people.
So the Apostle Andrew it appears spoke the Greek language.

Greece is the native land of the people that speak the Greek language.
Languages Spoken in Greece
Greece Flag
Greece Money
Greece Culture
Map of Greece
Facts on Greece
Greece Climate
Greek AlphabetGreece Main Language
Ancient Greece Language
Greece Food

Greece is a language translated as Greek.

The ancient Greece language is a composition of the Greek alphabet
to form words relating to its people to form a language called Greek.

Evidently your brain is not able to comprehend and understand what you read.

Location hidden

#167992 Mar 17, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that there were at least 4 books?
MACCABEES, BOOKS OF:

Table of Contents
I.
Original Language.
Author.
Date.
Sources and Integrity.
Historical and Religious Character.
Sources.
The Letters.
Authorship and Character.
Integrity and Character.
Author and Date.
Eschatology.
II.A second article on the Book of Maccabees is inserted as treating the subject from a Jewish standpoint.—J.
I Maccabees.
II Maccabees.
III Maccabees.
IV Maccabees.
V Maccabees.
I.
There are four books which pass under this name—I, II, III, and IV Maccabees. The first of these is the only one of the four which can be regarded as a reliable historical source.
I Maccabees: The First Book of the Maccabees covers the period of forty years from the accession of Antiochus (175 B.C.) to the death of Simon the Maccabee (135 B.C.). Its contents are as follows: Ch. i. 1-9 is a brief historical introduction; i. 10-ii. 70 treats of the rise of the Maccabean revolt; iii. 1-ix. 22 is devoted to the Maccabean struggle under Judas; ix. 23-xii. 53, to the fortunes of Israel under Jonathan; xiii. 1-xvi. 24, to the administration of Simon. The events are followed with intense interest and sympathy. At times the enthusiasm of the writer rises to a high pitch and breaks out into poetry of a genuine Semitic character (comp. iii. 3-9). The style is simple, terse, restrained, and objective, modeled throughout on that of the historical books of the Old Testament. The fact that just proportions are observed in treating the different parts of the narrative proves the author to have been a writer of considerable skill. He dates all events in terms of the Seleucid era.
Original Language.
It is clear from the Semitic idioms which occur throughout the work that it was composed in a Semitic language (see, for example, ii. 40, iv. 2), and certain passages indicate with great clearness that the original language was Hebrew (see ii. 39, iii. 19). To this fact Origen and Jerome also bear testimony, though it is possible that the version or paraphrase known to them was Aramaic.

The Hebrew original seems not to have borne the name "Maccabees," though it is not known what was its real designation. Eusebius ("Hist. Eccl." vi. 25) quotes Origen as authority for the name &#931;&#945;&#961; &#946;&#951;&#952; &#931;&#945;&#946; &#945;&#957;&#945; &#953;, a name which has been explained in many different ways. For some of these see Grimm ("Das Erste Buch der Makkabäer," p. xvii.). Dalman ("Grammar," p. 6), whom Torrey (Cheyne and Black, "Encyc. Bibl.") follows, takes the name as a corruption of (= "Book of the Hasmoneans"). If this be the correct interpretation, an Aramaic translation of the book must have been made at an early time, and it was this translation which was known to Origen and Jerome—a view which does not seem improbable. Be this as it may, the Hebrew was translated very early into Greek, and the Greek only has survived. The Greek version seems to be a literal one, often preserving the Semitic, and sometimes even the Hebrew, idiom; but it is clear, and probably it is, on the whole, a satisfactory translation.

Those books represent the fall and rise of the Jews in history.
Not much different the history recorded in the OT.

But it does reveal that the Jews found it worthy to pray for the dead.

A thing that Christians also find worthy to do.

Location hidden

#167993 Mar 17, 2013
Correction:
I should rather say; The catholic Church also finds it worthy to pray for the dead.
Buford

New York, NY

#167994 Mar 17, 2013
JOEL wrote:
After being quite complacent about the financial aspect of my life and not being unduly concerned about increasing the returns on investments for so many years on account of my serious spiritual commitment, these days, after quitting the integral yoga, I am busy taking greater stock of all the investments and planning for more investments in prime real estate/infrastructure development. There's big money to be earned in property deals. The precious metal trade is also very promising. Best buy is bullion especially pure gold (24k gold) bars. Heavy investments in blue chip companies is also wise.
Does your quitting the integral yoga have anything to do with your Master letting you down, big time? Also, what joy is there for you in earning "big money" when you know that it's all an illusion?

Location hidden

#167995 Mar 17, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/rel igion/judaism/TT8JHO8GH6HK7IJP A/p7881#c167606
<quoted text>

Greece Flag
Greece Money
Greece Culture
Map of Greece
Facts on Greece
Greece Climate
Ancient Greece Language
Greece Food

You lack comprehension skills.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#167996 Mar 17, 2013
JOEL wrote:
After being quite complacent about the financial aspect of my life and not being unduly concerned about increasing the returns on investments for so many years on account of my serious spiritual commitment, these days, after quitting the integral yoga, I am busy taking greater stock of all the investments and planning for more investments in prime real estate/infrastructure development. There's big money to be earned in property deals. The precious metal trade is also very promising. Best buy is bullion especially pure gold (24k gold) bars. Heavy investments in blue chip companies is also wise.
In India does "small cap international emerging markets" mean investing in a family company in Topeka Kansas?

Location hidden

#167997 Mar 17, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Greece Flag
Greece Money
Greece Culture
Map of Greece
Facts on Greece
Greece Climate
Ancient Greece Language
Greece Food
You lack comprehension skills.
"Greece is a language translated as Greek."

ellinika

Location hidden

#167998 Mar 17, 2013
JOEL wrote:
Jesus is no one. Bye.
Jesus is the Son of God.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#167999 Mar 17, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus revealed the triune nature of God, because there is no way the human mind alone could have known this. God wants to be worshiped in His triune nature.

There are muslims who do believe allah has a body like any other human being. muslims have no clue who/what allah is. I know what allah is; it is the mohammad's alter ego.
If one wants to learn how to bull shit about religion and God, one must learn it from the Christians.

It is Horse Shit and absurd to say that Jesus revealed the triune nature of God and that God wants to be worshipped in triune nature. This is really a pile of horse shit and manure.

Jesus never revealed this absurdity. He is not on record for saying anything that the Church and her monsters said. There is nothing from Jesus on Trinity or this absurd triune nature of God. Absolutely rubbish!

The idiotic minds that came up with the triune rubbish could never explain their confusion and neither can you.

No Muslim believes that. Such Horse Shit can only be found in Christianity.

If Jesus had said himself that God was a trinity or triune, I can safely say that your biblical Jesus was a bloody fool! Sorry for being brutal but that is the truth.

Christianity is based on lies and nothing but lies from wicked men. For every damn thing said about Jesus, there is nothing from Jesus to support idiotic claims.

How long can you guys keep that fraud trinity alive?
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#168000 Mar 17, 2013
JOEL wrote:
My scalded right foot is painful. It's suddenly begining to act up. Resting.
How did that happen? Put a lot of Burnol and let it heal. Take care.
Buford

New York, NY

#168001 Mar 17, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
In India does "small cap international emerging markets" mean investing in a family company in Topeka Kansas?
Heavy Metal bands from Topeka...hmmm...

http://www.gigmasters.com/Search/Metal-Band-T...

Location hidden

#168002 Mar 17, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Heavy Metal bands from Topeka...hmmm...
http://www.gigmasters.com/Search/Metal-Band-T...
Preservation of principle and modest dividends. Ok for me.

Maybe Skeptic would be interested too. I heard their prospectus is in Greece.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#168003 Mar 17, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
If one wants to learn how to bull shit about religion and God, one must learn it from the Christians.
It is Horse Shit and absurd to say that Jesus revealed the triune nature of God and that God wants to be worshipped in triune nature. This is really a pile of horse shit and manure.
Jesus never revealed this absurdity. He is not on record for saying anything that the Church and her monsters said. There is nothing from Jesus on Trinity or this absurd triune nature of God. Absolutely rubbish!
The idiotic minds that came up with the triune rubbish could never explain their confusion and neither can you.
No Muslim believes that. Such Horse Shit can only be found in Christianity.
If Jesus had said himself that God was a trinity or triune, I can safely say that your biblical Jesus was a bloody fool! Sorry for being brutal but that is the truth.
Christianity is based on lies and nothing but lies from wicked men. For every damn thing said about Jesus, there is nothing from Jesus to support idiotic claims.
How long can you guys keep that fraud trinity alive?
How long are you going to fall for the lies of a seventh century uneducated war lord? The heresy that Jesus is not God was settled at the Council of Niacea in 325 AD. mohammad tried to resurrected an old heresy. Jesus revealed to us the triune nature of God because that is how God wants to be worshipped.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#168004 Mar 17, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>So that is your rise fame rabbee, no one can say your wrong because you feel no one has proof to prove you wrong.
You prove your self wrong with your bull-shit rabbe.
You make a mockery of God rabbee.
When you post rabbee you are posting about your self believing every one is corrupt like you are, so you accuse them of being corrupt too.
That shameful rabbee.
Your are not intelligent enough understand the Bible rabbee,
God in the Bible is telling you that because the people on the OT were corrupt that God made changes to bring man away from demon worship.
You like A dumb jerk, are still in The Torah living among the demon
beast.
rabbee: well i am so glad to hear, you think so highly of yourself and so lowly of TheG-D. WHO came and to give me with all this all, for me to say. so that it is kind of obvious, that the g-d/s you believe in, is not TheSame G-D i believe in. as i am sure that you visited with some of your g-d/s in public school. but i did not get a choice, about TheG-D WHO came to visit with me. so go ahead and pick and choose, all your other g-ds you want. but TheG-D i know, would get really upset with me, if i did as you do.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#168005 Mar 17, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Your story is from a different book.
You just forgot the the name of the book, and so you use the name Torah instead.
Your story is not in The Torah, its make believe.
rabbee: now there is what is, wrong with you. cause this story of Adam is not in your book. and you do not even know, what the word Torah means.

so you can't fool me, with your other books. that this story of adam and his mate, is not in TheWritten TorahScroll i have.

when even the forgeries, have a simular accounting. even if they can't ever get, the woman's name right. or can't ever learn, you can't spell adam beguinning with a je. cause it only fools, the hell into you all. and can't tell jesus from adam, here in TheTorah Happening again. cause you all helped, your grandmother fail to make it to GanEden, this again to.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#168006 Mar 17, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Stop your non sense rabbee.
You are shameful.
You are making up lies.
rabbee: no way! am i going to stop telling, TheTruth i got from G-D. no matter how many made up lies, you conjure up againt it in witchraft.

your spells are wothless, against me here in TheTorah. no matter how much you only think, they work for all you not here in TheTorah today.

Location hidden

#168007 Mar 17, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well i am so glad to hear, you think so highly of yourself and so lowly of TheG-D. WHO came and to give me with all this all, for me to say. so that it is kind of obvious, that the g-d/s you believe in, is not TheSame G-D i believe in. as i am sure that you visited with some of your g-d/s in public school. but i did not get a choice, about TheG-D WHO came to visit with me. so go ahead and pick and choose, all your other g-ds you want. but TheG-D i know, would get really upset with me, if i did as you do.
You are a moron rabbe.
I exult God in the highest.
You are saying it wrong rabbe.
God said to be holy as I am holy.
so you are not so holy rabbee in saying things that are not so.
JOEL PASTAKIA

India

#168008 Mar 17, 2013
My female servants rinse my arse after I defecate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Wed Eagle 12 - 4,965
News Looking for a Pagan community in Kentucky? (Mar '12) Dec 3 Nope 17
News Poland's bishops say Halloween is harmful, pagan (Oct '12) Oct '17 Kim 21
can spells be done in the daytime? (Sep '06) Oct '17 Scarlet Hernandez 7
News Curtis Brown column: Trick-or-Treat not to ever... (Oct '10) Oct '17 RationalChick 11
News Out of the Broom Closet: DC Witches in Their Ow... Oct '17 Hajinon 1
News Bloomfield woman behind Ten Commandments monume... (Aug '14) Oct '17 GiveUpUDummies 8
More from around the web