Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 252825 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

JOEL

Mumbai, India

#167135 Mar 12, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>

Call G-d what you will. Give G-d whatever attributes you want because each culture can't get it's arms around a Deity that isn't "man-like". Still, why can't this "Absolute" speak to all in ways that each can understand and accept?
G-d is an inferior anthropopathic formation, a being of a particular plane of the manifestation.

The absolute is the basis or the totality and is beyond existence and beyond non-existence, beyond attribution and beyond non-attribution, beyond personality and beyond non-personality, beyond mutability and beyond immutability and so on. It is a unified field of consciousness and energy that in partial manifestation gives rise to the graduated universe and to the various archetypal beings of the various planes each calling itself G-d and warning its followers not to worship other Gods (rival beings).

This is the pathetic level of religions.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#167136 Mar 12, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
What archaeologist has unearthed a sample of Jesus-write in the sand? Just because the bible says so isnt convincing evidence.
Just because someone can read doesnt mean they can write.
As far as I am aware there isnt even any hard evidence that Jesus could read. Much of Judaism at that time was oral anyhow.
That's your opinion, which is no better than mine. It really does not matter if Jesus could write, He got His message out. Okay, now you will say He didn't. You can argue on and on and prove nothing. I accept the testimony of Jesus' disciples and their disciples down to their present day disciples: bishops of the Catholic Church.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#167137 Mar 12, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>

We are not speaking of "inner" peace.
No, Uncle Eric.

I didn't refer to inner or to outer peace.

I simply asked you to define peace in terms of its causal mechanism.

What is peace?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#167138 Mar 12, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>

After all, if the Deity is the "Absolute", that Deity can do all. The Deity can break thru the barriers knowing what's necessary.
Once the absolute manifests the universes, it stands back and permits the innate causal laws to have their play.

Each presiding being of a plane of the universe does its bit to help in the functioning of the cosmos and as said earlier the universe this time around is based on an evolutionary pattern - with each emergence refining the force fields of the terrestrial nature and beyond.

More, later.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#167139 Mar 12, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>

An absence of hostility

An absence of illness (you speak of this all the time)

Bringing all to a universal understanding of the "Absolute".

Timing on the large scale is inconsequential. One you resolve an absence of hostility, the rest falls into place. The mine is better than yours no longer applies. It's all the "Absolute's".
Minor results.

What degree of consciousness and energy would bring these minor effects on the plane of matter into existence?

With the end of hostilities nothing much would fall into place.

What do you mean by hostilities? Human conflicts? LOL. Humans are puppets in the hands of certain adverse universal forces of the vital plane.

BTW, the absolute is very different from what people call G-d or God.

Have to rush to a party at the upscale Rendezvous Rooftop in the Taj.

Bye, later.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#167140 Mar 12, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
bmz said Jesus could not write, he didn't say he couldnÂ’t write in a particular language. If the scroll was in Hebrew then we can say Jesus could write in at least Hebrew. There is also a record of Jesus writing in the sand when they wanted to stone the woman caught in adulatory.
That story is absurd and a forgery.

What did he write on the sand? Any clue? He was just fiddling with a stick.
Christian

Punchbowl, Australia

#167141 Mar 12, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Minor results.
What degree of consciousness and energy would bring these minor effects on the plane of matter into existence?
With the end of hostilities nothing much would fall into place.
What do you mean by hostilities? Human conflicts? LOL. Humans are puppets in the hands of certain adverse universal forces of the vital plane.
BTW, the absolute is very different from what people call G-d or God.
Have to rush to a party at the upscale Rendezvous Rooftop in the Taj.
Bye, later.
Hey Joel, good to see your kicking Muslim arses here.

I'm with you on that one, I'm also pleased to see you believe in some kind of Universal force. That can only be a good thing, it shows me your onto something. As we say "seek and you shall find".

Let me encourage you to continue seeking, I know you will find all the answers if you seek diligently.

In the meantime, keep attacking these Muslim Infidels. They are our enemies, see we may disagree on certain issues but we don't resort to terrorism like the bloody Muslim Bastards do.

We in the Christian West should declare a Jihad on Muslims, we shouldn't wait for them to commit the next 9/11. I reckon we should attack first and ask questions later.

I'm looking for Martyrs, if you know any disgruntled Muslims send them to me. I have plenty of jobs available lol.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#167143 Mar 12, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hughbe please read colonna's idiotic comment insulting me on "three out of five" and confirm that he is totally off the mark.
thanks
He misunderstood your words, Alex.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#167144 Mar 12, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Uncle Eric.
I didn't refer to inner or to outer peace.
I simply asked you to define peace in terms of its causal mechanism.
What is peace?
Joel--- No, Uncle Eric.

HughBe--- Thanks for reminding me that you are a Jew, Joel.

Don't deny it. You have met the man-made criterion of the Pharaohs i.e. having a Jewish mother meaning Frijoles plus you have a Jewish uncle meaning Eric.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#167145 Mar 12, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>The Cardinals have not voted yet, so we just to have wait and see if colonna is elected Pope.
LOL

The Colonna family given some popes few centuries ago.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#167146 Mar 12, 2013
Bi-sweeties.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#167147 Mar 12, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
It says He wrote in the sand. Legend has it, He was writing in the sand the sins of those who wanted to stone the woman.
John

Brisbane, Australia

#167148 Mar 12, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Anything that proves you are full of shit is "absurd and a forgery".
You are an imbecile.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#167149 Mar 12, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
It says He wrote in the sand. Legend has it, He was writing in the sand the sins of those who wanted to stone the woman.
No, Jesus did not know how to write.
John

Brisbane, Australia

#167150 Mar 12, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
What archaeologist has unearthed a sample of Jesus-write in the sand? Just because the bible says so isnt convincing evidence.
Just because someone can read doesnt mean they can write.
As far as I am aware there isnt even any hard evidence that Jesus could read. Much of Judaism at that time was oral anyhow.
You Frijoles rival bmz as a bullshiter.
Jesus was a rabbi.
There is no such thing as an illiterate rabbi.
John

Brisbane, Australia

#167151 Mar 12, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No, MooHamMad did not know how to write.
That's what all this is about bmz.
It burns you that the murderous paedo false prophet was such a pathetic specimen compared to Christ.
When you compare the two it is like a man next to the muslim ape.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#167152 Mar 12, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so self deluded!

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#167153 Mar 12, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
You Frijoles rival bmz as a bullshiter.
Jesus was a rabbi.
There is no such thing as an illiterate rabbi.
I guess you never knew that the Torah itself was originally conveyed orally. Thats why certain sections rhyme or otherwise have poetic rhythm - it was a mnemomic device.

Of course you would never notice that being that you are ILLITERATE in Hebrew.

Location hidden

#167154 Mar 12, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
That's your opinion, which is no better than mine. It really does not matter if Jesus could write, He got His message out. Okay, now you will say He didn't. You can argue on and on and prove nothing. I accept the testimony of Jesus' disciples and their disciples down to their present day disciples: bishops of the Catholic Church.
Its not opinion that there is no physical evidence. It is fact.

Location hidden

#167155 Mar 12, 2013
HughBe wrote:
Bi-sweeties.
there goes yet another unsolicited homosexual reference.

Why dont you just be out with it already? I bet it will clear your acne.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 38 min Bob of Quantum-Faith 4,472
News Ancient Spirituality and Commerce Clash in Mari El (Aug '10) Sat yav1112 13
News Pastor: Church sign on Ramadan drew angry call,... Jun 20 The Prophet MO LIES 9
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) Jun 15 Jakes mom 112
News This Halloween, Think of Islam as a Religion of... May '16 Im a poet and I k... 2
News Who Is Allah? (Jul '08) May '16 Joel 13,168
News Atheist billboard near Lincoln Tunnel scheduled... (Nov '10) May '16 Patrick 219
More from around the web