Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments (Page 7,845)

Showing posts 156,881 - 156,900 of198,774
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Do NOT confuse your confounded self any more. I am going to ask you to do something NEW i.e. THINK.
Do you understand what is meant by the STATES of the US?
What is the population of the smallest US STATE?
Wyoming is the smallest State with a population of 532668 persons. California the largest has 36,756, 666 persons.
I put it to you that ONLY a JACKASS would randomly speak to ONE or two persons in either California or Wyoming and use the views of that person to speak on behalf of almost 37 MILLION in the case of California.
To take 104 persons which is more than the 60 that your man said was good enough and to use the views of so few to speak for the millions in the whole of the US is DEMONIC or PURE EVIL.
http://www.worldatlas.com/aatlas/populations/...
But that was not the sampling strategy they employed. What you are describing is called "systematic sampling".

What they conventionally do in surveying of that type is "stratified clustered sampling". Hence all my exciting posts.

Anyway, moving on. I have posted enough on this topic. Obviously you choose to be a fool.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You to bed MUQ.
That was already discussed on this forum and shown that Jesus spoke Greek to the Hellenist Jews, who's spoken language was Greek instead of Hebrew an Aramaic.
Funny you should say that, because after all those posts, NOT ONE demonstrated citing actually physical EVIDENCE that this was the case.

If you have EVIDENCE, not hypothetical possibility, feel free to post it.

Even your scholar (van Horst??) didnt cite physical evidence.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Santa Banta - the demented sardarji.

(smiles)
John

Brisbane, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny you should say that, because after all those posts, NOT ONE demonstrated citing actually physical EVIDENCE that this was the case.
"no less than 1,600 Jewish epitaphs -- funerary inscriptions -- are extant from ancient Palestine dating from 300 B.C. to 500 A.D"
1,600 Jewish epitaphs aren't enough "physical EVIDENCE" for you???
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

JOEL wrote:
THE SECRET BEHIND IMMENSE MATERIAL WEALTH & UNBRIDLED POLITICAL POWER:
If a person habitually acts without conscience or if he regularly indulges in criminal activties to earn colossal sums of money and if he at the same time is a religious sort of guy who's either ...negative aspects of the occult.
Hey Joel, I asked for a simple confirmation from BMZ, MUQ, FRIJOLES, HUGHBE and YOU.
So far BMZ being a decent and honourable person has responded to confirm my claim.

Please oblige by reading the last copuple of paragraphs from colonna's post and tell him he is mistaken!

The post is..
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/TT8...
I said to him to name three from a list of five!!

He says...I can't count!

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
The papers to be verified by any three from BMZ, MUQ, Frijoles, HughBe, Joel....or others we both agree on.

COLONIC colonna's response:!!!!!!!
By any THREE from BMZ, MUQ, Frijoles, HughBe, Joel and you gave me FIVE names? You can't even count, maybe in yuor bet you meant USD 1,00? Is this a luxury for you as well?

Did colonna understand what "three" out of "five" meant?
Thank you
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

@ FRIJOLES, MUQ, HUGHBE and JOEL....

I asked for a simple confirmation from BMZ, MUQ, FRIJOLES, HUGHBE and YOU.

So far BMZ being a decent and honourable person has responded to confirm my claim.

Please oblige by reading the last couple of paragraphs from colonna's post and tell him he is mistaken!

The post is..

I said to him to name "three" from a list of "five"!!

He says...I can't count!

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
The papers to be verified by any three from BMZ, MUQ, Frijoles, HughBe, Joel....or others we both agree on.

By any THREE from BMZ, MUQ, Frijoles, HughBe, Joel and you gave me FIVE names? You can't even count, maybe in yuor bet you meant USD 1,00? Is this a luxury for you as well?

Thank you
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>

but they haven't come yet; they have yet to teach; they have yet to do anything
The messiahs of the different faiths will never come.

There's nothing like a final messiah since the earth nature is evolutionary and will take perhaps millions or billions of years for an average degree of perfection to be attained.

No one can teach anyone anything.

Once the soul attaches itself to the self and gets activated all knowledge that inheres in this system gets gradually manifested.

The prophet can only point out the way to the extent that he is capable of.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>The Cardinals have not voted yet, so we just to have wait and see if colonna is elected Pope.
Dear skeptic...unfortunately O'brien, the man from UK has been disqualified from the conclave, because he has admitted to being a pedo.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/feb/25/p...

Pope forces out Cardinal Keith O'Brien

Benedict forced resignation of Britain's most senior Roman Catholic in attempt to minimise the impact of allegations
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/mar/03/c...

Cardinal Keith O'Brien admits and apologises for sexual misconduct

UK Catholic leader who was forced to resign early by the pope admits in statement that his sexual conduct 'fell below standard"

WHAT DID HE MEAN BY WELL BELOW STANDARDS??
-Do they have a pedo trophy boys??
-How good a lover?
- Do they give awards and he did not qualify?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again!
You shoot off your mouth before you know the facts.

The major literary product of the contact of Judaism and Hellenistic culture is the Septuagint, as well as the so-called apocrypha and pseudepigraphic apocalyptic literature (such as the Assumption of Moses, the Testaments of the Twelve Patriarchs, the Book of Baruch, the Greek Apocalypse of Baruch, etc.) dating to the period. Important sources are Philo of Alexandria and Flavius Josephus. Some scholars[4] consider Paul of Tarsus to be a Hellenist as well, even though he himself claimed to be a Pharisee (Acts 23:6).

Philo of Alexandria was an important apologete of Judaism, presenting it as a tradition of venerable antiquity that, far from being a barbarian cult of an oriental nomadic tribe, with its doctrine of monotheism had anticipated tenets of Hellenistic philosophy. Philo could draw on Jewish tradition to use customs which Greeks thought as primitive or exotic as the basis for metaphors: such as "circumcision of the heart" in the pursuit of virtue.[5] Consequently, Hellenistic Judaism emphasized monotheistic doctrine (heis theos), and represented reason (logos) and wisdom (sophia) as emanations from God.

Beyond Tarsus, Alexandretta, Antioch and Northwestern Syria (the main “Cilician and Asiatic” centers of Hellenistic Judaism in the Levant), the second half of the Second Temple period witnessed an acceleration of Hellenization in Israel itself, with Jewish high priests and aristocrats alike adopting Greek names:“‘&#7716;oni’ became ‘Menelaus’; ‘Joshua’ became ‘Jason’ or ‘Jesus.’ The Hellenic influence pervaded everything, and even in the very strongholds of Judaism it modified the organization of the state, the laws, and public affairs, art, science, and industry, affecting even the ordinary things of life and the common associations of the people […] The inscription forbidding strangers to advance beyond a certain point in the Temple was in Greek; and was probably made necessary by the presence of numerous Jews from Greek-speaking countries at the time of the festivals (comp. the "murmuring of the Grecians against the Hebrews, " Acts vi. 1). The coffers in the Temple which contained the shekel contributions were marked with Greek letters (She&#7731;. iii. 2). It is therefore no wonder that there were synagogues of the Libertines, Cyrenians, Alexandrians, Cilicians, and Asiatics in the Holy City itself (Acts vi. 9).”[6]

So in the time of Jesus in the Holy city of Jerusalem the main language was Greek, not Hebrew or Aramaic.

So when Jesus spoke to the crowds in Jerusalem He spoke in Greek so that the Greek speaking Hellenist Jews could understand Him.

And in the synagogue's the Greek Septuagint was recited from.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I write to confirm that Colonna is wrong! He has failed to understand.
He should at least understand "three out of five" easily.
Now, Colonna has no hole to escape and he should accept your challenge. There is no other way out.
You can fix a date towards end April as i will be in London to top up Joel's dormant account, which has always stood at GBP 2.80 and the bank is fed up.
Thank you, bro! His English is pathetic!
He is likely to be a clueless, jealous, jobless, lonely, resentful, not so good looking, celibate, frustrated.. euro loser who is angling to get into the UK.
My challenge stands, bro.
"Winner takes all" (less all the costs icluding first class travel, hotel, entertainment, fine dining costs etc for the three for atleast three days).
Well, he needs to come up with atleast USD250,000 and I will match him and the total will be USD500,000 less expenses lets say USD100,000, so the winner takes USD400,000.
We shall give him till next tuesday.
Thanks again brother.
Salaams
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
@ FRIJOLES, MUQ, HUGHBE and JOEL....
I asked for a simple confirmation from BMZ, MUQ, FRIJOLES, HUGHBE and YOU.
Please oblige by reading the last couple of paragraphs from colonna's post and tell him he is mistaken!
The post is..
I said to him to name "three" from a list of "five"!!
He says...I can't count!
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
Thank you
Ask him / her, do they believe in Trinity?

If the answer is yes, then there is no need to investigate. The problem is self evident, they guy does not know maths!!

If the answer is no, then we will hold a meeting!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear skeptic...unfortunately O'brien, the man from UK has been disqualified from the conclave, because he has admitted to being a pedo.
Benedict forced resignation of Britain's most senior Roman Catholic in attempt to minimise the impact of allegations
UK Catholic leader who was forced to resign early by the pope admits in statement that his sexual conduct 'fell below standard"
-How good a lover?
I haven't a clue to what you are talking about.
rak

Delhi, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Not all bad conclussion.Be muslim you will understand your conclussion rightly

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Last I heard was Jesus saying "There are many things which I have to say, but you cannot bear them now, however when the Comforter, the Spirit of Truth shall come, he will guide you into all the truth...."
Does not look like some one delivering "Final message" to the world.
More like "I have to leave my job unfinished, wait for some one who will come after me" sort of parting worlds.
And "Eli, Eli Lama Sabaqtani" also looks like in the same category.
But you people have a very fertile mind. You can make any claim and make people believe in it.
When you can convince Billions of Christian, that it was Jesus who appointed St. Paul as his Apostle, there is nothing which is impossible for you!!
There you go again!
You shoot off your mouth before you know the facts.

The major literary product of the contact of Judaism and Hellenistic culture is the Septuagint, as well as the so-called apocrypha and pseudepigraphic apocalyptic literature (such as the Assumption of Moses, the Testaments of the Twelve Patriarchs, the Book of Baruch, the Greek Apocalypse of Baruch, etc.) dating to the period. Important sources are Philo of Alexandria and Flavius Josephus. Some scholars[4] consider Paul of Tarsus to be a Hellenist as well, even though he himself claimed to be a Pharisee (Acts 23:6).

Philo of Alexandria was an important apologete of Judaism, presenting it as a tradition of venerable antiquity that, far from being a barbarian cult of an oriental nomadic tribe, with its doctrine of monotheism had anticipated tenets of Hellenistic philosophy. Philo could draw on Jewish tradition to use customs which Greeks thought as primitive or exotic as the basis for metaphors: such as "circumcision of the heart" in the pursuit of virtue.[5] Consequently, Hellenistic Judaism emphasized monotheistic doctrine (heis theos), and represented reason (logos) and wisdom (sophia) as emanations from God.

Beyond Tarsus, Alexandretta, Antioch and Northwestern Syria (the main “Cilician and Asiatic” centers of Hellenistic Judaism in the Levant), the second half of the Second Temple period witnessed an acceleration of Hellenization in Israel itself, with Jewish high priests and aristocrats alike adopting Greek names:“‘&#7716;oni’ became ‘Menelaus’; ‘Joshua’ became ‘Jason’ or ‘Jesus.’ The Hellenic influence pervaded everything, and even in the very strongholds of Judaism it modified the organization of the state, the laws, and public affairs, art, science, and industry, affecting even the ordinary things of life and the common associations of the people […] The inscription forbidding strangers to advance beyond a certain point in the Temple was in Greek; and was probably made necessary by the presence of numerous Jews from Greek-speaking countries at the time of the festivals (comp. the "murmuring of the Grecians against the Hebrews, " Acts vi. 1). The coffers in the Temple which contained the shekel contributions were marked with Greek letters (She&#7731;. iii. 2). It is therefore no wonder that there were synagogues of the Libertines, Cyrenians, Alexandrians, Cilicians, and Asiatics in the Holy City itself (Acts vi. 9).”[6]

So in the time of Jesus in the Holy city of Jerusalem the main language was Greek, not Hebrew or Aramaic.

So when Jesus spoke to the crowds in Jerusalem He spoke in Greek so that the Greek speaking Hellenist Jews could understand Him.

And in the synagogue's the Greek Septuagint was recited from.
Mengal

Quetta, Pakistan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Life Of Mohammad(saw)And Status of Mary in Trinity?

Those who interested in life of Mohammad as a prophet or other wise,So as those having interst in life of Mary(rw) and trinity come and visit the thread” Qadir mengal Miss understanding islam”An important series about the life of Mohammad(saw) has been given from page 33 of topix on this thread, this series will go number wise just as 1 (2) 3 … along with mentioning the thread number where the series is located.
Note-Post no, 1,2,3,4,5,6,of life of Mohammad(saw) of this series have come on page 33 of Miss understanding islam, while post number 7,8,9,9-a,and10,11,to 18 have appeared on page no, 34 of this thread i,e miss understanding islam so as post no 19 and 20 and others have appeared on page 35 of this thread kindly follow,
Again the posts about (Jesus Mary)and trinity have come on page 38 and 39 of Missunderstanding islam By Qadir mengal.. So as Qadir mengal also (insha Allah) will give you the answers about your questions and Queries about islam on this thread if you questioned him about islam.
John

Brisbane, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>I haven't a clue to what you are talking about.
LOL.
The critter doesn't make much sense.
On the subject of the all persuasiveness of Greek in the world of Christ, some of the disciples even had Greek names.
Andrew and Philip are both Greek names.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>I haven't a clue to what you are talking about.
That's quite ok skeptic...lack of comprehension seems a disease among the mangod worshippers!

We were talking about the papal "election", right?

mr. O'brien was the chap who was to represent UK with our enormous vote of 1 (or 3 - with a trinity at the top of the tree?).
unfortunately he was caught with his gown up or pants down doing his pedo act.
so, we can't send him to vatican to participate in the "holy" conclave...

Here is the news:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/feb/25/p ...
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/mar/03/c ...
-How good a lover?

I am hoping that there will be sufficient number of sin free/pedo free "cardies" to be able to elect the new/last pope!!!
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Jesus did not establish any "catholic church"…. I am sure he never even heard the term "Catholic" as he did not hear the name Jesus, or Christ or even Peter!!
Jesus' mission was to reform the Jewish religion which had become too ritualistic and to emphasize moral element.
His mission was also to give a "final warning" to Jews as well as to "announce" the nearness of Kingdom of Heaven, which would be in the form of "another comforter" that would come into the world after jesus left.
This is a brief history of Jesus' mission, it was that "Super Self Made Apostle Paul who turned every thing upside down" and replaced Jesus' Gospel with his Own Gospel.
St Paul - apostle, prophet and messenger to the gentiles - preached the true Gospel of Jesus the Christ. St Paul was a prophet of the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob!
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

@skeptic...the link again..

Frank Incense

Saint Albans, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/11...

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad may have endeared himself to much of Latin America with his performance at the funeral of Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, but minders of religious righteousness in his home country were unamused.

His sin — unfortunately for him captured in a photograph — transpired when he came cheek to cheek with a grieving Elena Frias, the mother of the late president, while clasping her hands. In strict Islamic societies, people are not supposed to touch others of the opposite gender unless they are related or married.

The image sparked a storm of controversy in the Iranian press, according to the English-language Iran Pulse, and went viral on Twitter and Facebook as users joked about it or speculated about how the conservative Islamic clerics back in Tehran would respond.

Their answer was swift and certain.

"In relation to what is allowed (halal) and what is forbidden (haram) we know that no unrelated women can be touched unless she is drowning at sea or needs (medical) treatment," said Hojat al-Islam Hossein Ibrahimi, member of the Society of Militant Clergy of Tehran, according to the Iran Pulse report.

During the eulogy, Ahmadinejad said that Chavez "will come again along with Jesus Christ and Al-Imam al-Mahdi to redeem mankind,” putting the populist Venezuelan president and ex-paratrooper in the ranks of holy figures.

Some Shiite religious figures admonished the Iranian president to become better educated about his religion.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 156,881 - 156,900 of198,774
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••