Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 253444 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#167115 Mar 12, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
It was the Father, who was Jesus' alter ego. Jesus, who was schizophrenic, thought that he was the Father.
Muhammad never said anything silly and absurd like this:
"You have seen me, so you have seen the Father."
It is far worse to want to kill ones self as mohammad wanted to do. mohammad did not have the Spirit of God in him to discern the spirits. It was a women who told him the demon troubling him was Gabriel.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#167116 Mar 12, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
/<quoted text>
Exchanges with Joel are usually full of cynicisms, innuendos, double entendres plus humour you brainless moron!!
Joel is posting from India where the majority live on a shoestring.
I feel sorry for them and occasionally remind Joel to spend his money on charity instead of wasting it on Taj.
That's why sometimes tell him I am poor living in a cardboard box or that I have never seen a £50 note!
You lack insight..so won't understand English humour!
In your case I shall be arrogant...I have issued you a challenge.
Get your lawyers to write to BMZ and let's take it from there.
I don't need your money but it will be fun.
Ok..let's make it more interesting...
The winner will give £30,000 each to the five (not three!) people mentioned in my previous post as a thank you on top of the expenses paid to the 3 people for their 3day stay in london.
We can make it even more interesting...let's get down ALL FIVE.
Go for it punk....
Alexia you are not well off and I don't think Joel thinks you are. So you don't fool anyone with your lies and BS.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#167117 Mar 12, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I am now thinking think Jesus had a flare for languages. He spoke Hebrew and Aramaic.
In his early teens, he learned Hindi/Sanskrit on his trip to India. The reason I say this is because he sounds more like Indian sages.
On the way back, he learned Arabic and Persian.
Earlier, when he was a child, he learned Egyptian, whatever that was. In his early twenties Jesus went up North and learned Latin and Greek.
So, when he spoke, he used all the languages and that is why he became incoherent. That led to the failure of his mission.
His mission was a great success!

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#167118 Mar 12, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I am now thinking think Jesus had a flare for languages. He spoke Hebrew and Aramaic.
In his early teens, he learned Hindi/Sanskrit on his trip to India. The reason I say this is because he sounds more like Indian sages.
On the way back, he learned Arabic and Persian.
Earlier, when he was a child, he learned Egyptian, whatever that was. In his early twenties Jesus went up North and learned Latin and Greek.
So, when he spoke, he used all the languages and that is why he became incoherent. That led to the failure of his mission.
So why in Jesus teens he couldn't learn yo write too?
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#167119 Mar 12, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Another stupid lie.
There were no written teachings of Jesus. He did not know how to write. All his teachings were oral. Jesus never wrote down a word.
Jesus read from the scroll in the synagogue; so if He could read He could write.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#167120 Mar 12, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>

We were discussing whether the expected Messiah of each religion was the same person.
The problem with this view is that the various scriptures are at loggerheads with each other in key points and so I wonder how this so-called messiah would reconcile all the conflicting views, rituals, belief systems and philosophies.

Besides, each scripture gives different details and expects different results from this so-called future messiah.

One scripture places the birth of the messiah in Jerusalem, another in India, another in Iran and so on.

Most importantly, how would this messiah solve the numerous problems facing the earth nature and humankind? Would he abolsih the teachings of the past prophets in view of the numerous flaws in their expositions? What degree of consciousness and energy would he wield to regenerate the terrestrial nature? What would be the outcome? Will all this be done in a few years? What about the evolutionary nature of the earth consciousness?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#167121 Mar 12, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>

Why can't G-d speak to more than one faith?
A petty supraphysical being speaks, gets angry, judges, punishes, kills, heals, loves and the like, while the absolute (that is a unified field or a system of the totality) is something much more than this anthropopathic entity called G-d.

The dualistic view is based on the observer and the observed or the on the subject and the object and so on, while the nondualistic view takes a singular stand and recognizes no extra-cosmic or extra-personal G-d except the Self that is a direct projection of the Absolute in manifestation.
Frijoles

United States

#167122 Mar 12, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus read from the scroll in the synagogue; so if He could read He could write.
Synagogues came a little later. Not that it matters to your argument, as the scroll would of been in Hebrew anyway.
Eric

Sugar Grove, IL

#167123 Mar 12, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem with this view is that the various scriptures are at loggerheads with each other in key points and so I wonder how this so-called messiah would reconcile all the conflicting views, rituals, belief systems and philosophies.
Besides, each scripture gives different details and expects different results from this so-called future messiah.
One scripture places the birth of the messiah in Jerusalem, another in India, another in Iran and so on.
Most importantly, how would this messiah solve the numerous problems facing the earth nature and humankind? Would he abolsih the teachings of the past prophets in view of the numerous flaws in their expositions? What degree of consciousness and energy would he wield to regenerate the terrestrial nature? What would be the outcome? Will all this be done in a few years? What about the evolutionary nature of the earth consciousness?
That's why s/he would be the Messiah. S/he would overcome all of these minor issues by fulfilling the major prophecies.

That's why Jesus isn't the Messiah. Jesus didn't objectively fulfill the major prophecies. The Christians had to invent a deus ex machina--the second coming--because Jesus didn't fulfill the major prophecies.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#167124 Mar 12, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>

Why can't there be one prophet recognized by all religions? If all recognize him/her, why won't that event cause peace?
No, peace is a graduated effect of the higher consciousness-energy in manifestation and each graduated effect of peace has diferent results.

So, what is peace? Is it a power or an effect of something else? Explain. This is a critical question on the definition of peace. Please answer it before we proceed to the higher aspects of the age of truth.

Besides, what degree of consciousness and power would the so-called messiah wield? What problems would he solve?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#167125 Mar 12, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>

Why can't there be one prophet recognized by all religions?
Let us see if we can agree on one definition of the word "prophet".

So, how would you define a "prophet"?
Eric

Sugar Grove, IL

#167126 Mar 12, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
A petty supraphysical being speaks, gets angry, judges, punishes, kills, heals, loves and the like, while the absolute (that is a unified field or a system of the totality) is something much more than this anthropopathic entity called G-d.
The dualistic view is based on the observer and the observed or the on the subject and the object and so on, while the nondualistic view takes a singular stand and recognizes no extra-cosmic or extra-personal G-d except the Self that is a direct projection of the Absolute in manifestation.
Call G-d what you will. Give G-d whatever attributes you want because each culture can't get it's arms around a Deity that isn't "man-like". Still, why can't this "Absolute" speak to all in ways that each can understand and accept? After all, if the Deity is the "Absolute", that Deity can do all. The Deity can break thru the barriers knowing what's necessary.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#167127 Mar 12, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Synagogues came a little later. Not that it matters to your argument, as the scroll would of been in Hebrew anyway.
bmz said Jesus could not write, he didn't say he couldn’t write in a particular language. If the scroll was in Hebrew then we can say Jesus could write in at least Hebrew. There is also a record of Jesus writing in the sand when they wanted to stone the woman caught in adulatory.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#167128 Mar 12, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>

That's why s/he would be the Messiah.

S/he would overcome all of these minor issues by fulfilling the major prophecies.
What minor problems would this so-called Messiah solve?

List the problems, identify the root causal mechanisms and suggest the remedy.

What major prophecies do you speak of?

Kindly note, each scripture has its own unique set of prophecies and time frames regarding its version of the messiah and his global mission.
Eric

Sugar Grove, IL

#167129 Mar 12, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
No, peace is a graduated effect of the higher consciousness-energy in manifestation and each graduated effect of peace has diferent results.
So, what is peace? Is it a power or an effect of something else? Explain. This is a critical question on the definition of peace. Please answer it before we proceed to the higher aspects of the age of truth.
Besides, what degree of consciousness and power would the so-called messiah wield? What problems would he solve?
We are not speaking of "inner" peace. We are speaking of an absence of hostility. Not a difficult concept.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#167130 Mar 12, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>

That's why Jesus isn't the Messiah.

Jesus didn't objectively fulfill the major prophecies.
By the term "major prophecies" do you mean the major prophecies listed in the Hebrew books about the so-called Messiah ? Isn't that rather narrow and parochial?

Remember, each scripture has its own version of the so-called Messiah and his deeds and time frame and place of birth.

Can you list the common features about this so-called future Messiah as found in the various scriptures? Let's see if we can arrive at a consensus.

Regarding Jesus, well, like all the other prophets who preceded as well as succeeded him, his earth mission was a resounding failure with not a decimal degree of regeneration having taken place in the terrestrial consciousness and in the collective human nature. All the old difficulties remain and are in fact on the rise everywhere with the hostile vital powers being in near-total control of the terrestrial nature and of the human race.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#167131 Mar 12, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
bmz said Jesus could not write, he didn't say he couldn’t write in a particular language. If the scroll was in Hebrew then we can say Jesus could write in at least Hebrew. There is also a record of Jesus writing in the sand when they wanted to stone the woman caught in adulatory.
What archaeologist has unearthed a sample of Jesus-write in the sand? Just because the bible says so isnt convincing evidence.

Just because someone can read doesnt mean they can write.

As far as I am aware there isnt even any hard evidence that Jesus could read. Much of Judaism at that time was oral anyhow.
Eric

Sugar Grove, IL

#167132 Mar 12, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
What minor problems would this so-called Messiah solve?
List the problems, identify the root causal mechanisms and suggest the remedy.
they were your list, not mine. Go back to what you said that I replied to.
Eric

Sugar Grove, IL

#167133 Mar 12, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>

What major prophecies do you speak of?
An absence of hostility

An absence of illness (you speak of this all the time)

Bringing all to a universal understanding of the "Absolute".

Timing on the large scale is inconsequential. One you resolve an absence of hostility, the rest falls into place. The mine is better than yours no longer applies. It's all the "Absolute's".
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#167134 Mar 12, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>

The Christians had to invent a deus ex machina--the second coming--because Jesus didn't fulfill the major prophecies.
Yes, the Book of Revelations appears a fraud.

Anyway, the degree of consciousness-power manifested by Jesus is insufficient to regenerate the terrestrial nature and is incapable of giving a boost to the evolutionary process in the terrestrial nature.

If Jesus comes again, as believed by the naive Christians, he'd be a mute observer as at present the nature of the difficulties and the degree of consciousness and power needed to dissolve the difficulties and manifest a new epoch on earth would be far beyond his petty capacities.

In fact, poor Jesus would be clueless about what needs to be done.

See, even when Jesus walked among men some 2000 years ago, he was outwitted and defeated by the adverse vital forces working through his enemies.

Now, please note that Jesus is an archetypal consciousness and so being an archetypal consciousness, the degree of consciousness and power he wields would remain unaltered over time and if that degree of archetypal consciousness manifested in Jesus 2000 years ago was highly inadequate to solve the local problems of the area of his birth and mission then it will stand no chance of solving even an iota of the present level of difficulties that're a 1000 times more complex than the ones during his times as confined to Judah where he executed his mission.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 13 hr emperorjohn 4,627
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) Jul 21 thetruth 782
Convert me from Agnostic to Atheist Jul 14 ATHEOI 2
Astrology and Paganism Jun 30 Wolf 1
SHADOW PEOPLE... i need help (May '07) Jun 28 Friendly User17 348
News Ancient Spirituality and Commerce Clash in Mari El (Aug '10) Jun 25 yav1112 13
News Pastor: Church sign on Ramadan drew angry call,... Jun '16 The Prophet MO LIES 9
More from around the web