Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 254782 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Eric

Lombard, IL

#166921 Mar 11, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles---Poll: Support for gay marriage up among Catholics
54 percent of Catholic voters say they support gay marriage
HughBe---what is the population size for Catholics?
What was the sample size?
Was it 100?
Frijoles---you dont like the outcome so you attack the methods.
HughBe--- No dear, I KNOW that in sampling one MUST get the appropriate sample size to SPEAK for the ENTIRE population. In essence you talk too much CS.
Now there are over 77 MILLION Catholics in the US and almost
1.2 BILLION in the world.
Tell me the SAMPLE SIZE that was used. Tell me how many countries were involved.
"With more than 77.7 million registered members, it is the largest single religious denomination in the United States"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_...
"the number of Roman Catholics in the world was about 1,196 billion at the end of 2010"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_...
You do realize that a statistically significant sample size for 77.7 million with 99% confidence level is only 1,040 people.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#166922 Mar 11, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you seriously believe in the Revelation crap and hocus pocus?
I believe when God is ready all prophecy of Gods Holy Bible will be fulfilled.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#166923 Mar 11, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that a statistically significant sample size for 77.7 million with 99% confidence level is only 1,040 people.
It doesnt matter. We have traveled this road before, hence my blow off. Hugh doesnt recognize the discipline of statistics and the methodology that is employed, since the results conflict with his predetermined mindset.

They could of sampled 20,000 or even 200,000 people and Hugh would still raise an objection.

Location hidden

#166924 Mar 11, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
On a similar vein, I have a similar argument with a automatic weaponry activist on another thread who is unhappy with a local poll indicating that the majority of people want gun control. The pollster is Quinnipiac University, who is considered a top-top tier polling outfit during the political seasons. The enthusiast is waging a paradigm attack since the results cause cognitive dissonance - just like Hughbe.

I told him he was probably convinced that Romney was going to win too....
Eric

Lombard, IL

#166925 Mar 11, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesnt matter. We have traveled this road before, hence my blow off. Hugh doesnt recognize the discipline of statistics and the methodology that is employed, since the results conflict with his predetermined mindset.
They could of sampled 20,000 or even 200,000 people and Hugh would still raise an objection.
I know. I just wanted to once again show him how small the sample need be to be statistically significant.

Location hidden

#166926 Mar 11, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
I know. I just wanted to once again show him how small the sample need be to be statistically significant.
I know. So much of what we do here is grandstanding for everyone else.

Thanks for the research. I have a MA in Sociology (lots of stats) but I was too lazy to look it up.

Location hidden

#166927 Mar 11, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
No you said the New Testament was the final word of G-d to man. Therefore, are you now admitting that you were mistaken.
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/judaism/T...
No.
Te NT is the final word of God to man.
All prophecy from the OT and NT will be fulfilled.

Zechariah 14:5 is yet to be fulfilled.
As are the final prophecy of revelations have not yet been fulfilled.
There is no more written prophecy in the OT nor the NT.
God has spoken His final words to man.
The NT is Gods final instructions.

Muhammad was no prophet of God.
Eric

Lombard, IL

#166928 Mar 11, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I know. So much of what we do here is grandstanding for everyone else.
Thanks for the research. I have a MA in Sociology (lots of stats) but I was too lazy to look it up.
I have a calculator that does it. I need it for when I am doing forensic accounting.

Location hidden

#166929 Mar 11, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You bypassed his assertion, which is actually based on a standard.
We have a standard - the Hebrew. We also have a Greek version. And then we have your version. When you compare your version with the Greek and the Hebrew we see the flaws.
The flaw is in your head.

Your Jewish standard is below par.
While you defend the 5 books of Moses, you personally believe:
Pantheism is the belief that everything composes an all-encompassing, immanent God,[1] or that the universe (or nature) is identical with divinity.[2] Pantheists thus do not believe in a personal or anthropomorphic god.

Your intellect is void of the message in Gods words that speak to you.

Jews having God visit them and live with them and instruct them, and yet they are a minority religion in the world shows that the Jews them self are flawed people.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#166930 Mar 11, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Rabbee, I was letting him taste his own Christian medicine.
rabbee: it is not something, to either jest or poke fun at in any untrue way. for if it is not true, then you are also a mentally abusive liar.

Location hidden

#166931 Mar 11, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Jews having God visit them and live with them and instruct them, and yet they are a minority religion in the world shows that the Jews them self are flawed people.
Size doesnt always matter

You should of learned that ages ago

Location hidden

#166932 Mar 11, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>The flaw is in your head.
Your Jewish standard is below par.
While you defend the 5 books of Moses, you personally believe:
Pantheism is the belief that everything composes an all-encompassing, immanent God,[1] or that the universe (or nature) is identical with divinity.[2] Pantheists thus do not believe in a personal or anthropomorphic god.
Your intellect is void of the message in Gods words that speak to you.
You still cant get it right.

Panentheism was a previous topic

dope

Location hidden

#166933 Mar 11, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You still cant get it right.
Panentheism was a previous topic
dope
You don't get.
You want to preach Judaism, but like the Jews of old you don't follow it.
It is like pinning a medal on your self that you don't deserve.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#166934 Mar 11, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Eric---You do realize that a statistically significant sample size for 77.7 million with 99% confidence level is only 1,040 people.

Hugh--- Actually I did NOT realize and it may be the case because I did not contemplate the required number. What I KNOW is that your man has used surveys done by other imbeciles with samples seizes of under 150 to make statements about the ENTIRE US population of over 300,000,000 persons.

Tell me the sample size that is need for the US in the given context, is it 16,640?

Now, compare that to 104 persons or less that was used in surveys quoted by dearly beloved, Frijoles.

In any event how does my realization or lack thereof answer my question about the sample SIZE?
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#166935 Mar 11, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
EXPOSING THE FRAUD
Alex, the so called ex-father, asked to Shamma if there is any biological connection between Yeshua and YHVH. According to the Christian dogma relative to the Trinity, the Nazarene is not the son of god in the biological sense, as many non-Christians think. Thus the question does not arise. A priest or a former one should know this yet, but as expected he’s quite ignorant about Christianity. He also has the Islamic concept of Trinity, or at least the same concept that many Muslims have about it, instead of the Christian one
But wasn’t he a ex-priest?
Alexia is only able to engage conversation with street talking and never make any theological discourse exposing the fallacy of Christian doctrines, as one should expect from an ex-priest.
In a post, in 2011 I remember he had a discussion with a poster named Ex-mess where he claimed to be a scientist, but seeing how weak is his scientific knowledge no one believed him, neither Ex-mess. I guess if we talk about navy he will tell he was a sea captain, and so on. He’s this kind of person.
COMMENT #56435 pag 2645 Jan 8 2011 Alex 123 aka WM wrote:
“I know you are not a scientist, because I am. Trust me you know NOTHING about Dimensions.[...]”
COMMENT #56526 pag. 2649 Jan 8 2011 Ex-mess wrote:
“Oh Alex. Don't try to ignore the question. You first claimed to be a SCIENTIST. I challenged your truthfulness and by your inability to answer, we can conclude that you are a liar with delusions of actually being somebody. You're nothing more than a CHICKEN KILLER."
COMMENT #56544 pag 2650 Jan 8 2011 Ex-mess wrote:
"Oh CHICKEN BOY. You're a coward just like your jihadist chicken coward buddies. Where do you work, where did you get your SCIENTIFIC DEGREE? LOL. Poor uneducated immigrant living off the taxes of the real Brits. Are you going to flip out and emolate yourself in a vat of hot chicken frying grease? How karmic."
So he was a priest, a scientist, then what else? Amuse us.
That’s enough to point out he was never a priest, but also there is a reason on why in Islam forum he’s a well known by the name of father Fraud. LOL
Hello fool.
You have a huge comprehension problem. I simply can't be bothered to give you the time of the day.
*** Before I can kick your ass until kingdom come, please entertain me with your string of non existent qualifications.

Step 1: Let's put down USD 1,000,000 (or equivalent in Euros) each verified by our own banks into an escrow type account setting the conditions ("winner takes all" net of costs incurred for legals, witnesses etc))for disbursement including the steps below.

Step 2: When we are satisfied with that process
You meet me in London and I shall show you my qualifications and you show me yours.
If necessary we shall bring down bmz and Frijoles, all expenses paid to verify the papers.

Step 3: You will go home without your USD 1,000,000 and that will be the end of it.

*****Before I can take you seriously, go ahead and put your USD 1,000,000 now and I shall match you immediately as soon as I see the confirmation. If you haven't got 1mill...try putting in USD750,000 and I will match you.
When you have done this give me your email details, name, address, bank details.

**** You can send the confirmation to BMZ or Frijoles. I will also do the same as soon as they confirm sight of your legal docs.

**** Back to Jesus and his daddy... can you please explain the difference between the various daddy sonny combinations.
How many christians don't think that he is NOt biological son of daddy?? LOL...
Oh, I speak as an ex-father! Care to challenge me?
You are an UTTER fool.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#166936 Mar 11, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: "(and G-D said, "let US make Adam in OUR IMAGE, after OUR LIKENESS, they shall rule over the fish in the sea, the birds of the sky, and over the animal, the whole earth, and every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth. so G-D created Adam in HIS IMAGE, in The Image of G-D HE created HIM; male and female HE created them.G-D blessed them, and G-D said to them, "be fruitful and multiply, fill the earth and subdue it: and rule over the fish in the sea, the bird of the sky, and every living thing that moves on the earth. ")"
if you say so jimmie!
I am only an ex priest....or a fraud?
so god looks like a man? ok then.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#166937 Mar 11, 2013
colonic fool...
You are allowed to lodge/pledge (other unencumbered assets including gold bullion, real estate assets at 60% market value, gilt edge securities from UK only) to the value of USD500,000 but you MUST lodge a minimum of USD500,000 in cash.

The papers to be verified by any three from BMZ, MUQ, Frijoles, HughBe, Joel....or others we both agree on.

Location hidden

#166938 Mar 11, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Size doesnt always matter
You should of learned that ages ago
size does matter when it comes to the Jews.
For God chose the Jews to be an example to the world in a positive way for others to follow.

But Jews choose to be an example of what a stiff neck people they are in rebelling against God.

The majority of the Jews today are secular humanist, rather then expressing the spiritually of God.

Jewish ethnic divisions

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

­Etymology ·
­Who is a Jew?
­Jewish peoplehood
­Jewish identity

Religion[show]
­
­­History[show]

­Jewish ethnic divisions refers to a number of distinctive communities within the world's ethnically Jewish population. Although considered one single self-identifying ethnicity, there are distinctive ethnic divisions among Jews, most of which are primarily the result of geographic branching from an originating Israelite population, and subsequent independent evolutions.[1]

As long ago as Biblical times, cultural and linguistic differences between Jewish communities, even within the area of Ancient Israel and Judea, are observed both within the Bible itself as well as from archeological remains.
In more recent human history, an array of Jewish communities were established by Jewish settlers in various places around the Old World, often at great distances from one another resulting in effective and often long-term isolation from each other. During the millennia of the Jewish diaspora the communities would develop under the influence of their local environments; political, cultural, natural and populational.

Today, manifestation of these differences among the Jews can be observed in Jewish cultural expressions of each community, including Jewish linguistic diversity, culinary preferences, liturgical practices, religious interpretations, as well as degrees and sources of genetic admixture.

God instructed the Jews in one way, while Jews are varied on their
beliefs.

By name only a Jew is a Jew.

By their own preferences their beliefs are varied.

Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#166939 Mar 11, 2013
Frank Incense wrote:
<quoted text>Evidently, the Church takes Paul at his word.
Umm, did Mohammad leave anything behind "ion" writing? I thought he was illiterate.
ok let me ask again:

Who made your "st" Paul "the apostle"?
Do you believe that man?

Amazingly, Jesus had forgotten to leave anything behind in writing?

We are not talking here about Muhammed.

Are you saying that people believe Paul but ignore Jesus?
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#166940 Mar 11, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: but if it is in arabic, then it is no longer as holy. the further you get away, from the origional language the less and less holy it becomes.
dear jimmie.
I am sorry...
I don't see god as that silly.
God can send revelations in any language "He" chooses for the purpose.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Curtis Brown column: Trick-or-Treat not to ever... (Oct '10) Sep 19 T Marie 10
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Sep 14 Pariah 4,886
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) Sep 14 Bob of Quantum-Faith 843
News Remembering a Christian and a Jew who traced an... Sep 13 Philbert 23
Anyone still at this forum Aug '16 Sarah Good 1
When do you know if you are truly Wiccan? (Nov '07) Aug '16 Tekmoses 137
Convert me from Agnostic to Atheist Jul '16 ATHEOI 2
More from around the web