Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 202,269

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story
John

Ipswich, Australia

#166825 Mar 11, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Straw argument
IF you would take the time to reexamine my post, you would notice that it never denied that Greek was around. In fact, I even said that in a previous post a few hours before
The argument isnt whether Greek was around - we all know it was - but whether Jesus used it.
As my last post cited, there is NO DIRECT evidence that Jesus used Greek. No archaeological evidence. GO back and reread the last line of my cited post. Your argument is based on probability not actuality. Know your logical limitations.
Squirm all you want muztard.
The FACT is that if the funeral inscription is in Greek then that will be the language that the deceased spoke.
Two thirds of the funeral inscriptions from Judea were in Greek indicating that two thirds of the people there spoke Greek as their native tongue.
And Jesus was from Galilee, where the proportion of Greek speakers was even higher.
Jesus spoke Greek and you know it liar.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#166826 Mar 11, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Squirm all you want muztard.
The FACT is that if the funeral inscription is in Greek then that will be the language that the deceased spoke.
Two thirds of the funeral inscriptions from Judea were in Greek indicating that two thirds of the people there spoke Greek as their native tongue.
And Jesus was from Galilee, where the proportion of Greek speakers was even higher.
Jesus spoke Greek and you know it liar.
Hello, ChristTurd

Frijoles is a member of the Jewish faith, not a Muslim.

That Jesus spoke Greek, is absurd and a big lie. Historians do not agree with the history department of the Church.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#166827 Mar 11, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
It is kind of tragic.
Like many Christians, he spends all his time fighting, when he could be learning the darn language already.
Indeed! Even before he reads a post, he is half way through with an off-topic response.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#166828 Mar 11, 2013
Just for knowledge

From the Church:

""Our documentary sources of knowledge about the origins of Christianity and its earliest development are chiefly the New Testament Scriptures, the authenticity of which we must, to a great extent, take for granted.
"
(Catholic Encyclopedia, Farley ed., vol. iii, p. 712) ""
John

Ipswich, Australia

#166829 Mar 11, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello, ChristTurd
Frijoles is a member of the Jewish faith, not a Muslim.
That Jesus spoke Greek, is absurd and a big lie. Historians do not agree with the history department of the Church.
Well he's as STUPID as a muztard.
I have just proven to you with archaeological evidence that Greek was the dominant language in the time of Jesus in the Holy Land.
Jesus lived in Nazareth, a short walk to the much larger Greek city of Sepphoris.
It would be "absurd and a big lie" if Jesus did not speak Greek very well.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#166830 Mar 11, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Well he's as STUPID as a muztard.
I have just proven to you with archaeological evidence that Greek was the dominant language in the time of Jesus in the Holy Land.
Jesus lived in Nazareth, a short walk to the much larger Greek city of Sepphoris.
It would be "absurd and a big lie" if Jesus did not speak Greek very well.
There are thousands of graves with no inscription at all.

Jesus spoke mainly in Aramaic and Hebrew. He might have picked up some market-Greek or Street Greek.

Most of his conversations were with the jews and their leaders, who spoke Hebrew and they were not Greeks.

I think he used to think in Aramaic, translate that into Hebrew in his mind and then blurted out. That could be another reason that many, including his own disciples could not understand a word of what he said.
Eric

Addison, IL

#166831 Mar 11, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>If that is true Eric, then why did the Jews disobey the word of God spoken to the prophets?
Why do you still sin?
John

Ipswich, Australia

#166832 Mar 11, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
There are thousands of graves with no inscription at all.
Jesus spoke mainly in Aramaic and Hebrew. He might have picked up some market-Greek or Street Greek.
Most of his conversations were with the jews and their leaders, who spoke Hebrew and they were not Greeks.
I think he used to think in Aramaic, translate that into Hebrew in his mind and then blurted out. That could be another reason that many, including his own disciples could not understand a word of what he said.
You are the most dishonest man.
Sure, thousands of graves have had their markers destroyed - so what??? Of the surviving markers the vast majority ARE IN GREEK. Only 18 percent are in Hebrew or Aramaic.
Furthermore, if you bother to read the bible, you will see that "most of his conversations" were in the Greek speaking areas of Galilee.
Only in one place does it quote Jesus as speaking in anything other then Greek, and that is at the end where he speaks in Aramaic and it is translated into Greek. Everywhere else the quotes are in GREEK.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#166833 Mar 11, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Squirm all you want muztard.
The FACT is that if the funeral inscription is in Greek then that will be the language that the deceased spoke.
Two thirds of the funeral inscriptions from Judea were in Greek indicating that two thirds of the people there spoke Greek as their native tongue.
And Jesus was from Galilee, where the proportion of Greek speakers was even higher.
Jesus spoke Greek and you know it liar.
Your issues are so deep that it would be a waste of time for me to respond.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#166834 Mar 11, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Off-Topic again!
What has this got to do with what I wrote?
I had written this:
"The true Scripture would have said, "Do not give to Caesar what does not belong to him and do not throw your pearls to Caesar and stand up for your rights!"
I do not believe that Jesus made such a stupid statement.
If he did, then he was being diplomatic!
It is a forgery and was added in to please HM Constantine and appease the Romans."
A man like Jesus, who stood up to Pilate and the San Hedrin, cannot be expected to make that silly statement like a wimp!
What can be said from your post is that you are not a Christian. You need to put on the new man in Christ to properly understand Sacred Scripture. You are going about in the futility of your own thinking.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#166835 Mar 11, 2013
bmz wrote:
Just for knowledge
From the Church:
""Our documentary sources of knowledge about the origins of Christianity and its earliest development are chiefly the New Testament Scriptures, the authenticity of which we must, to a great extent, take for granted.
"
(Catholic Encyclopedia, Farley ed., vol. iii, p. 712) ""
Shows God's Catholic Church - the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob - never was a fundie church; Jesus did not hand out bibles. This makes your whole method of argument moot since it relies on a fundie interpretation of Sacred Scripture. Sacred Scripture can only be properly understood through Sacred Tradition.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#166836 Mar 11, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>

Tell us Joe of your pagan belief of what happens after some one dies?
I said let us explore the phenomenon of the afterlife in a logical manner.

Why not let me know your views on the subject?
John

Ipswich, Australia

#166837 Mar 11, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Your issues are so deep that it would be a waste of time for me to respond.
A cowardly ploy.
You have no response to facts that contradict your bullshit.
In the time of Christ most Jews spoke Greek, including Jesus.
That is why the Gospels are in Greek, because Jesus mostly preached in Greek so that the Jews could understand him.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#166838 Mar 11, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
A cowardly ploy.
You have no response to facts that contradict your bullshit.
In the time of Christ most Jews spoke Greek, including Jesus.
That is why the Gospels are in Greek, because Jesus mostly preached in Greek so that the Jews could understand him.
This is a New Angle that Jesus spoke Greek!!

Then what about those words of Jesus preserved in Aramaic in the Gospels?

Just displaying his "dual language skills"?

How you translate 'Eli, Eli Lama Sabaqtani" in Greek?

The problem is when you speak one lie, to justify it you have to speak more than hundred lies and still the lie will be lie!!

Why malign the name of Jesus and involve him into controversy about which he knew nothing?

Christianity is already weakest of world religions to justify the "innovations of St. Paul"....why you want to weaken its further by "manufacturing truth"?
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#166839 Mar 11, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Shows God's Catholic Church - the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob - never was a fundie church; Jesus did not hand out bibles. This makes your whole method of argument moot since it relies on a fundie interpretation of Sacred Scripture. Sacred Scripture can only be properly understood through Sacred Tradition.
Bible as we know today was "most certainly" not existing in the times of Jesus!!

It was not a bound book in his time and the copies were not so easily available as to be given as a "hand out"?

There were scrolls for each book and it was a prized possession, I doubt if many people in the city had "all the scrolls of OT books with them".
John

Ipswich, Australia

#166840 Mar 11, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a New Angle that Jesus spoke Greek!!
Then what about those words of Jesus preserved in Aramaic in the Gospels?
Just displaying his "dual language skills"?
How you translate 'Eli, Eli Lama Sabaqtani" in Greek?
The problem is when you speak one lie, to justify it you have to speak more than hundred lies and still the lie will be lie!!
Why malign the name of Jesus and involve him into controversy about which he knew nothing?
Christianity is already weakest of world religions to justify the "innovations of St. Paul"....why you want to weaken its further by "manufacturing truth"?
What new angle???
Christ lived in a Hellenised world.
This has been known for 2000 years.
The Jews of the time of Christ spoke Greek.
The gospels were written in Greek.
The words "Eli, Eli Lama Sabaqtani" are the only time he is quoted as speaking anything other than Greek, and then it is translated into Greek.
Face it wog, your bullshit about Greek being "non scriptural" is a joke.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#166841 Mar 11, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Bible as we know today was "most certainly" not existing in the times of Jesus!!
It was not a bound book in his time and the copies were not so easily available as to be given as a "hand out"?
There were scrolls for each book and it was a prized possession, I doubt if many people in the city had "all the scrolls of OT books with them".
All of this started with BMZ's comment that Greek was not a scriptural language. Furthermore, Eric pointed out that the NT is not a revealed text.

Nothing of consequence has been introduced by those posters to alter any of the above statements of fact.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#166842 Mar 11, 2013
A revealed text preaching mumbo jumbo and evil means nothing. Tanakh, NT, Quran, Ramayana and certain Puranas fall under this category. The language of revelation counts for nothing, content is everything.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#166843 Mar 11, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>

Why do you still sin?
Why are you a satanist and a brainless idiot?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#166844 Mar 11, 2013
Mengal wrote:
JOEL wrote:

<quoted text>

JOEL - Why is burial a better method of disposing off a corpse than cremation? Give the details.

MENGAL - The bones remain buried and hidden after the body has rotted. Cremation still leaves bones and fragments scattered unless ashes are collected and stored properly.
ROFL.

You have the intelligence of a kid of 5.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Respecting belief: why should you? And why shou... Sun thetruth 21
I...(gulp) am a Pagan Agnostic Taoist Sep 19 Son of God 1
Pagan caught performing naked ritual with teena... (Nov '12) Sep 8 Kathwynn 14
Bloomfield woman behind Ten Commandments monume... Sep 7 Kathwynn 2
Who exactly was Gjoub, and should I trust him? (Mar '09) Sep 1 Kathwynn 503
SHADOW PEOPLE... i need help (May '07) Aug 25 Only1Likeme212 347
Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe Aug 25 Ernie 117
•••

Pagan/Wiccan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••