Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256484 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

JOEL

Mumbai, India

#166915 Mar 11, 2013
RELIGION & RELEVANCE:

1) Rituals, injunctions, punishments, morals and aims do not remain wholly static and are determined by the degree of the evolution of consciousness of the earth nature which then either modifies or makes obsolete the old teachings and the old yogas that were based on a limited degree of evolution as suited to those ages.

2) So, if believers are under the impression that the words of the being - their God - in touch with a past prophet are still relevant in the present then they're a deluded lot.

3) The earth nature has progressed much in terms of the degree of expressed consciousness since those days of the distant past and the newer and the higher ranges of consciousness that have emerged over time in the earth nature have thrown up deeper processes and profounder knowledge systems.

4) As such the being responsible for conveying a certain amount of information to a past prophet now has to express the information or knowledge proper to the current degree of consciousness that is manifested in the earth nature, while retaining certain relevant teachings and practices of the past.

5) This adaptation happens a lot over the ages that even till now there are ace occultists who are in touch with the beings of the ancient cults though in most cases they go underground and control people and events to the extent they are capable of doing so from this poise.

And more...
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#166916 Mar 11, 2013
CHASTITY & MARRIAGE ARE FOR WEAK PEOPLE:

1) The ordinary man should stick to one sexual partner till the end since his nervous system being weak and his force fields feeble and not well-developed would not be capable of handling the strain of entanglement with the force fields of multiple partners that would as a result damage his mental, emotional and physical health and easily draw him into harmful psychological obssessions.

2) On the other hand, if a man has a well-developed nervous system and a strong and plastic force field that does not crumble under the pressure caused by the entanglements of the force fields on account of his various physical relationships, then, having multiple affairs does not adversely affect him. Usually, such resilient types are strong-willed people or mystics.

3) Marriage is simply a device to protect the nervous system and force fields of people from being entangled with the force fields of multiple sexual partners that could, due to the multiple entanglements with the force fields of numerous sexual partners, damage their nerves and mental, emotional and physical health and as such the institution of marriage acts as a safeguard that protects the mental, emotional and physical health of people with weak nervous systems and feeble force fields.

4) From a yogic perspective, abstinence is recommended to protect the seeker from destructive obsessions, attacks from the hostile vital forces and habitual waste of energy. Only advanced yogis can afford to indulge in sex with one or many partners. Example, Krishna. These advanced yogis are above the sex urge and indulge in it from a detached state and usually undertake it only if they wish to unite fully with the partner on the subtle as well as on the gross physical levels.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#166917 Mar 11, 2013
ENERGY IS ONE STREAM, CONSCIOUSNESS HAS GRADATIONS:

1) There is nothing like gross or subtle energy.

2) Energy is one stream, while consciousness has different degrees or gradations with each gradation of consciousness modifying the energy field to express the laws and phenomena appropriate to its status in the hierarchy of consciousness.

3) The subtler the degree of consciousness, the more closely it is unified with the energy field that it permates and as such the better it can manipulate or organize the energy content to express a higher order and concomitant paranormal phenomena.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#166918 Mar 11, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you dont like the outcome so you attack the methods.
There is a science behind statistical sampling.
Of course that would not apply to you.
Frijoles---Poll: Support for gay marriage up among Catholics
54 percent of Catholic voters say they support gay marriage

HughBe---what is the population size for Catholics?

What was the sample size?

Was it 100?

Frijoles---you dont like the outcome so you attack the methods.

HughBe--- No dear, I KNOW that in sampling one MUST get the appropriate sample size to SPEAK for the ENTIRE population. In essence you talk too much CS.

Now there are over 77 MILLION Catholics in the US and almost
1.2 BILLION in the world.

Tell me the SAMPLE SIZE that was used. Tell me how many countries were involved.

"With more than 77.7 million registered members, it is the largest single religious denomination in the United States"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_...

"the number of Roman Catholics in the world was about 1,196 billion at the end of 2010"

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#166919 Mar 11, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Was it 100?
HughBe--- No dear, I KNOW that in sampling one MUST get the appropriate sample size to SPEAK for the ENTIRE population. In essence you talk too much CS.
Tell me the SAMPLE SIZE that was used. Tell me how many countries were involved.
"With more than 77.7 million registered members, it is the largest single religious denomination in the United States"
"the number of Roman Catholics in the world was about 1,196 billion at the end of 2010"
Sorry life is too short these days to argue with the illogical

Google statistical sampling sometime

Or go back to school and take Stats 101
Eric

Lombard, IL

#166920 Mar 11, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>That is the final word of God, the second coming of Jesus.
No you said the New Testament was the final word of G-d to man. Therefore, are you now admitting that you were mistaken.
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>The NT brings the final Word of G-d to man.
The Tanakh begins and ends with the NT.
G-ds final words to man.
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/judaism/T...
Eric

Lombard, IL

#166921 Mar 11, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Was it 100?
You do realize that a statistically significant sample size for 77.7 million with 99% confidence level is only 1,040 people.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#166922 Mar 11, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you seriously believe in the Revelation crap and hocus pocus?
I believe when God is ready all prophecy of Gods Holy Bible will be fulfilled.

Location hidden

#166923 Mar 11, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that a statistically significant sample size for 77.7 million with 99% confidence level is only 1,040 people.
It doesnt matter. We have traveled this road before, hence my blow off. Hugh doesnt recognize the discipline of statistics and the methodology that is employed, since the results conflict with his predetermined mindset.

They could of sampled 20,000 or even 200,000 people and Hugh would still raise an objection.

Location hidden

#166924 Mar 11, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
On a similar vein, I have a similar argument with a automatic weaponry activist on another thread who is unhappy with a local poll indicating that the majority of people want gun control. The pollster is Quinnipiac University, who is considered a top-top tier polling outfit during the political seasons. The enthusiast is waging a paradigm attack since the results cause cognitive dissonance - just like Hughbe.

I told him he was probably convinced that Romney was going to win too....
Eric

Lombard, IL

#166925 Mar 11, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesnt matter. We have traveled this road before, hence my blow off. Hugh doesnt recognize the discipline of statistics and the methodology that is employed, since the results conflict with his predetermined mindset.
They could of sampled 20,000 or even 200,000 people and Hugh would still raise an objection.
I know. I just wanted to once again show him how small the sample need be to be statistically significant.

Location hidden

#166926 Mar 11, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
I know. I just wanted to once again show him how small the sample need be to be statistically significant.
I know. So much of what we do here is grandstanding for everyone else.

Thanks for the research. I have a MA in Sociology (lots of stats) but I was too lazy to look it up.

Location hidden

#166927 Mar 11, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
No you said the New Testament was the final word of G-d to man. Therefore, are you now admitting that you were mistaken.
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/judaism/T...
No.
Te NT is the final word of God to man.
All prophecy from the OT and NT will be fulfilled.

Zechariah 14:5 is yet to be fulfilled.
As are the final prophecy of revelations have not yet been fulfilled.
There is no more written prophecy in the OT nor the NT.
God has spoken His final words to man.
The NT is Gods final instructions.

Muhammad was no prophet of God.
Eric

Lombard, IL

#166928 Mar 11, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I know. So much of what we do here is grandstanding for everyone else.
Thanks for the research. I have a MA in Sociology (lots of stats) but I was too lazy to look it up.
I have a calculator that does it. I need it for when I am doing forensic accounting.

Location hidden

#166929 Mar 11, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You bypassed his assertion, which is actually based on a standard.
We have a standard - the Hebrew. We also have a Greek version. And then we have your version. When you compare your version with the Greek and the Hebrew we see the flaws.
The flaw is in your head.

Your Jewish standard is below par.
While you defend the 5 books of Moses, you personally believe:
Pantheism is the belief that everything composes an all-encompassing, immanent God,[1] or that the universe (or nature) is identical with divinity.[2] Pantheists thus do not believe in a personal or anthropomorphic god.

Your intellect is void of the message in Gods words that speak to you.

Jews having God visit them and live with them and instruct them, and yet they are a minority religion in the world shows that the Jews them self are flawed people.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#166930 Mar 11, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Rabbee, I was letting him taste his own Christian medicine.
rabbee: it is not something, to either jest or poke fun at in any untrue way. for if it is not true, then you are also a mentally abusive liar.

Location hidden

#166931 Mar 11, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Jews having God visit them and live with them and instruct them, and yet they are a minority religion in the world shows that the Jews them self are flawed people.
Size doesnt always matter

You should of learned that ages ago

Location hidden

#166932 Mar 11, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>The flaw is in your head.
Your Jewish standard is below par.
While you defend the 5 books of Moses, you personally believe:
Pantheism is the belief that everything composes an all-encompassing, immanent God,[1] or that the universe (or nature) is identical with divinity.[2] Pantheists thus do not believe in a personal or anthropomorphic god.
Your intellect is void of the message in Gods words that speak to you.
You still cant get it right.

Panentheism was a previous topic

dope

Location hidden

#166933 Mar 11, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You still cant get it right.
Panentheism was a previous topic
dope
You don't get.
You want to preach Judaism, but like the Jews of old you don't follow it.
It is like pinning a medal on your self that you don't deserve.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#166934 Mar 11, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Eric---You do realize that a statistically significant sample size for 77.7 million with 99% confidence level is only 1,040 people.

Hugh--- Actually I did NOT realize and it may be the case because I did not contemplate the required number. What I KNOW is that your man has used surveys done by other imbeciles with samples seizes of under 150 to make statements about the ENTIRE US population of over 300,000,000 persons.

Tell me the sample size that is need for the US in the given context, is it 16,640?

Now, compare that to 104 persons or less that was used in surveys quoted by dearly beloved, Frijoles.

In any event how does my realization or lack thereof answer my question about the sample SIZE?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man wins OK to wear goat horns in driver's lice... Feb 10 Susan 17
ecoven on Facebook. secret group free classes a... (Apr '14) Feb 7 Kcreoke 2
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Feb 6 thetruth 4,942
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) Feb 3 Nona 116
News Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe (Jun '14) Jan 30 lee77 117
News 'Everyone will be Muslim because of our stupidi... Jan 26 Rabbeen Al Jihad 20
Splash X Damage (Apr '08) Jan 22 Jahmahlol 6
More from around the web