Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments
156,521 - 156,540 of 200,884 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
So what are you on this thread for? The topic of the thread is: "Who is allah." So how is your discussion about language related to this topic? I say allah is the alter ego of mohammad.
Dont be a virgin.

This thread (and my on-again off-again participation) has been around YEARS longer than you. You are a newbie. In the past there has been all types of interesting and weird discussions - usually but not always - revolving around religion.

Furthermore, there is no ayatollah here to tell us what we MUST talk about. And nothing stopping anyone from "butting" in.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
An excellent article. Thanks
"Jesus is Jewish both in his ethnic background and in his religious thought and practice"
Exactly!
And when we read his statements such as, "The Father and I are one", we know he meant "The Father and I are on the same side or we are with the Father".
And when we read , "I in the Father, Father in me, people in me and all of us in the Father" kind of words, we know he meant "All of us are with the Father and the Father is with us or on our side".
If the original Greek is translated back to Hebrew or Aramaic, the message will be absolutely clear..
Greek, a non-scriptural language has caused massive confusion and absurdities.
I am still waiting on you to post a link to some recognize authority that agrees with you that Greek is a non-scriptural language. Only the fool would agree with your method of argument. You make up your own definitions and mistranslate text to put your own twists on things. What matters is how the early Christians understood the text and not how you want to understand it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
So what are you on this thread for? The topic of the thread is: "Who is allah." So how is your discussion about language related to this topic? I say allah is the alter ego of mohammad.
Just thank your lucky gods that Yoda is no longer frequenting this forum in his former corporeality.

I'll let other explain what that means. if possible.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said!
I have given him a get out clause that is as absurd as his claim...He can switch to English and claim that Jesus spoke English!
There is evidence that Greek was the common vernacular of the time of many Palestinians. But the point is that Jesus didnt bother with them, he was too busy with his disciples, who were Jews who spoke Hebrew and Aramaic.

Paul WV

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Technically speaking Allah cannot be the alter ego of Muhammad by definition, but it's clear from the Quran that behind Allah there is Muhammad. This is evident by the fact that Allah did whatever thing Muhammad wished to.
Few examples:
4:80 "He who obeys the Messenger obeys Allah."
4:115 "He who disobeys the Apostle after guidance has been revealed will burn in Hell."
33:36 "No Muslim has any choice after Allah and His Apostle have decided a matter."
33:53 “Never offend the prophet nor marry his wives after he will be dead, it will be an insult for Allah”
33:57 "Those who speak negatively of Allah and His Apostle shall be cursed."
48:10 "Verily those who swear allegiance to you (Muhammad), indeed swear their allegiance to Allah."
59:6 "Allah gives his Messenger Lordship and Power over whomever He wills."
66:1 "O Prophet! Why forbid yourself that which Allah has made lawful to you? You seek to please your consorts… Allah has already sanctioned for you the dissolution of your vows."
Muhammad is almost put on the same level of his god, apparently from his god.
It looks like allah is the servant of mohammad and not mohammad being the servant of allah. Maybe by islamic definition allah is not mohammad's alter ego, but in psychological terms he is.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
READ again you sick little creep.
You have made some crazy claims about NT being "revealed" in Greek!!!
You need to be locked up!
Jesus has not seen a SINGLE word in your "holy" NT!
That poor man spoke aramaic.
That's why your Greek scripture looks so dumb...
READ.....until you get the message!!
That's why he shouted out very loud in GREEK....
MATT 27:
46 About the ninth hour BJ cried out with a loud voice, saying,“ELI, ELI, LAMA SABACHTHANI?”
It is GREEK for:
“My god, my god, why have you FORESKINNED ME?!!!!....
But some think he meant in Hebrewish-Aramaic:
"My god, my god, why have you FORSAKEN ME?!!
Who knows?
rabbee: liar! that's not, greek.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...
Trying to wriggle out eh?
When you were talking about your lord and god the naked mangod, you were not trying to hide behind "whois allah"!

If only you hade the brains to learn a bit of hebrew aramaic and then arabic...you would also have known that ALLAH is THE God in YOUR holy bible in Arabic!!

YOUR bible says ALLAH CREATED HEAVENS and EARTH!!!!
Unfortunately you don't understand ANY of the scriptural languages!

Both BMZ and Frijoles have got you by your short and curlies!
You MUST start learning GREEK immediately!
Stop giving us your corrupted OT that has a tendency to misrepresent the Jewish books.

Whatever I may think about the writers of the Jewish books, the fact remains...what they wrote for themselves CANNOT be altered by outsiders like you, to get your mangod through the backdoor, while claiming you are using their scriptures without any changes.

Backdoor is the operative word!
Your RC priests are very familiar with this.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does one need a recognized authority for a simple comment?
I have already said that the Greek language is unfit for any Scripture because it has never been the language of any Scripture revealed.
Hebrew or Jewish Scriptures were only revealed in Hebrew. so, Hebrew can be called a language in which Scripture was revealed and that simply means a Scriptural Language.
Greek is not. Nothing was revealed in that language by God. So, we call it non-scriptural language.
"Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?" is Aramaic and that is the language that Jesus spoke. Why was nothing written in Aramaic?
The massive confusion which led to various absurd doctrines and the concoction of a triune God, came through Greek.
There are original Scripture written in Aramaic.
You are just to Muhammadan to search for the facts.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
jesus fulfilled nothing!
Read this:
Jews do not accept Jesus as the messiah because:
Jesus did not fulfill the messianic prophecies.
Jesus did not embody the personal qualifications of the Messiah.
Biblical verses "referring" to Jesus are mistranslations.
Jewish belief is based on national revelation.
But first, some background: What exactly is the Messiah?
The word "Messiah" is an English rendering of the Hebrew word Mashiach, which means "anointed." It usually refers to a person initiated into God's service by being anointed with oil.(Exodus 29:7, 1-Kings 1:39, 2-Kings 9:3)
1. Jesus Did Not Fulfill the Messianic Prophecies
What is the Messiah supposed to accomplish? One of the central themes of biblical prophecy is the promise of a future age of perfection characterized by universal peace and recognition of God.(Isaiah 2:1-4, 32:15-18, 60:15-18; Zephaniah 3:9; Hosea 2:20-22; Amos 9:13-15; Micah 4:1-4; Zechariah 8:23, 14:9; Jeremiah 31:33-34)
Specifically, the Bible says he will:
Build the Third Temple (Ezekiel 37:26-28).
Gather all Jews back to the Land of Israel (Isaiah 43:5-6).
Usher in an era of world peace, and end all hatred, oppression, suffering and disease. As it says: "Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall man learn war anymore." (Isaiah 2:4)
Spread universal knowledge of the God of Israel, which will unite humanity as one. As it says: "God will be King over all the world &#8213; on that day, God will be One and His Name will be One" (Zechariah 14:9).
If an individual fails to fulfill even one of these conditions, then he cannot be the Messiah.
Because no one has ever fulfilled the Bible's description of this future King, Jews still await the coming of the Messiah. All past Messianic claimants, including Jesus of Nazareth, Bar Cochba and Shabbtai Tzvi have been rejected.
Christians counter that Jesus will fulfill these in the Second Coming. Jewish sources show that the Messiah will fulfill the prophecies outright; in the Bible no concept of a second coming exists.
And continue reading at:
http://www.aish.com/jw/s/48892792.html
Your post is irrelevant.
Whether the Jews accept Jesus or not as there Messiah does change the fact that Jesus is the Son of God.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a sick bstd with an inferiority complex that cannot be cauterised from your pea brain!
You are desperate to "prove" yourself like fermented dough!! lol
Did you notice a double barrel or a hyphenated expression?
I am enjoying this because the fascist is utterly clueless!
Trying to work out the nuances is fun for a jobless italian I guess..lol..
Keep trying and you will continue to be a twit!
Go away fool.
rabbee: hypocrite! as you accuse the far far less sick, with your greater sickness. and your explitives are so unholy, that you cannot be considered as close to holy.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do I need islam? To become a slave to a community where women are made to live under sheets and kept uneducated? Where people blow themselves up with innocent women and children? No thanks, I want no part of islam!
Islam does not need you. You need Islam when you know deep within your holy church is in ruins with pedos running the show.
I know you have no reliable books.
We have the Quran and you have access to it.
Please show us where it says we must keep women wrapped up and uneducated!
Please show us where it tells us to blow ourselves up or even commit suicide!!

I thought your "god" st. paul told women to shut up and treated them like subnormals!! When did women get their rights under your religion? lol... While Islam gave them the rights 1400 years ago?

Your OWN church is still looking into the possbility of women having a soul!!
Your religion blames women even for the "original" sin!!
Islam gives Adam a backbone so he accepts collective responsibility instead of pointing fingers at a helpless woman!!

Did you know that man has to provide for the woman/family, while if a woman chooses to earn money..that money is hers! She has no requirement to give a penny to the man!!
Will you even understand the wisdom behind that?
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I have read articles that note that the literary style of some of the Gospels are the same style that Midrash (a set of Hebrew texts) are in. In other words, the some of the writers intended it to be used the same way as midrash is used. Which further proves that early Christianity really wasnt "Christian" in culture or theology.
Yes, that is correct. Early Christianity was not really Christian in any way.

Christianity started 300-400 years after Jesus was gone.

Before that there was no Christianity at all. The disciples followed nothing of Christianity, followed no church and prayed only to the LORD at the Temple.

They did not baptize anyone with the trinitarian formula aka the Great Commission. Peter and company baptized their colleagues under Jesus' name, so that they could be called followers of Jesus. That is all that baptizing in his name meant.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>There are original Scripture written in Aramaic.
You are just to Muhammadan to search for the facts.
where...where?!!!! when...when??!!!
Has Jesus signed these off personally??!!!
If he can't sign he can append a "cross" to indicate his approval!!
lol..!!!

"cross"...oh never mind... great jokes are wasted on the fundies..
Eric

Addison, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

John wrote:
<quoted text>
Almost all of Jesus ministry was in the "market or street" in the region of Galilee, where Greek was the common language, so yes Jesus preached and prayed with the people in Greek.
Where did you get this? The vernacular of the time was Aramaic. Greek was not spoken by the masses. Google, "what language did Jesus speak", and find out.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Injeel means the wisdom and knowledge to reason granted to Jesus by Allah, the LORD Almighty of the Heavens and all.
One can find a little bit of that in Matthew 5-7 and some parables, which the Church and her notorious writers could not change. The rest of the stuff in the gospels is junk written by men.
Jews do matter because Christianity stole their Scripture, forged and corrupted it and came with a dirty and an improper name 'the Old Testament'.
If there were a mention of a son of God coming as a messiah to suffer, die and get up again, they would have known 2,000 years before the arrival of Jesus.
You do not have any revealed Scripture as Jesus was not given any. He came with nothing new, brought nothing new and gave nothing new. The New Testament is not a revealed Scripture. It is just a collection of 2nd hand tales and personal letters.
Also, if there were any triune God, they would have known it long before.
So, the Jews are Accredited Checkers No:1 and we are Accredited Checkers No:2 and both concur that the Christian Bible is a huge fraud.
The facts are there in Scripture.
But you being a Muslim cannot accept truth.
So you ignore the facts of history to preserve the falsehoods of the Quran.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Technically speaking Allah cannot be the alter ego of Muhammad by definition, but it's clear from the Quran that behind Allah there is Muhammad. This is evident by the fact that Allah did whatever thing Muhammad wished to.
Few examples:
4:80 "He who obeys the Messenger obeys Allah."
4:115 "He who disobeys the Apostle after guidance has been revealed will burn in Hell."
33:36 "No Muslim has any choice after Allah and His Apostle have decided a matter."
33:53 “Never offend the prophet nor marry his wives after he will be dead, it will be an insult for Allah”
33:57 "Those who speak negatively of Allah and His Apostle shall be cursed."
48:10 "Verily those who swear allegiance to you (Muhammad), indeed swear their allegiance to Allah."
59:6 "Allah gives his Messenger Lordship and Power over whomever He wills."
66:1 "O Prophet! Why forbid yourself that which Allah has made lawful to you? You seek to please your consorts… Allah has already sanctioned for you the dissolution of your vows."
Muhammad is almost put on the same level of his god, apparently from his god.
The moron may agree with this:
Technically speaking Allah/God/Yhvh cannot be the alter ego of Moses by definition, but it's clear from the Torah that behind God there is Moses. This is evident by the fact that God did whatever thing Moses wished to.
LOL....
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Islam does not need you. You need Islam when you know deep within your holy church is in ruins with pedos running the show.
I know you have no reliable books.
We have the Quran and you have access to it.
Please show us where it says we must keep women wrapped up and uneducated!
Please show us where it tells us to blow ourselves up or even commit suicide!!
I thought your "god" st. paul told women to shut up and treated them like subnormals!! When did women get their rights under your religion? lol... While Islam gave them the rights 1400 years ago?
Your OWN church is still looking into the possbility of women having a soul!!
Your religion blames women even for the "original" sin!!
Islam gives Adam a backbone so he accepts collective responsibility instead of pointing fingers at a helpless woman!!
Did you know that man has to provide for the woman/family, while if a woman chooses to earn money..that money is hers! She has no requirement to give a penny to the man!!
Will you even understand the wisdom behind that?
Reality is not on your side. Just look at any islamic country and see you are self deluded.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: hypocrite! as you accuse the far far less sick, with your greater sickness. and your explitives are so unholy, that you cannot be considered as close to holy.
Thank you Jimmie!
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>There are original Scripture written in Aramaic.
No!

And that is another lie.

There are only a few Aramaic words in the NT and they are:

"Eli, Eli, Lama sabachthani?"

"Thalita quom"

"Raca"

"Ephatha", etc.

These words could not be translated into Greek, so they were left in. Equivalents were given later.

You have no original of anything.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that is correct. Early Christianity was not really Christian in any way.
Christianity started 300-400 years after Jesus was gone.
Before that there was no Christianity at all. The disciples followed nothing of Christianity, followed no church and prayed only to the LORD at the Temple.
They did not baptize anyone with the trinitarian formula aka the Great Commission. Peter and company baptized their colleagues under Jesus' name, so that they could be called followers of Jesus. That is all that baptizing in his name meant.
Liar!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••