Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments (Page 7,826)

Showing posts 156,501 - 156,520 of193,740
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

uhuh wrote:
jews must recite their daily prayers in Hebrew, the language of their scripture
muslims must recite their daily prayers in Arabic, the language of their scripture

christians too should recite their daily prayers in Greek, the language of their "scripture"
LOL!

They can't and the tragic part is that they can't even pray in the native language of Jesus.

bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe they don't, but you demonstrate you qualify as the re-incarnation of Muhammad.
But Muhammad took control of the Muslims as if he himself is God.
And Muslims today try to enforce Muhammad's Will on non-Muslims.
No.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

uhuh wrote:
<quoted text>
also from your source (wiki),
"..massacres such as that in Granada in 1066 are of rare occurrence in Islamic history."
In 1656, all Jews were expelled from Isfahan because of the common belief of their impurity and forced to convert to Islam. However, as it became known that the converts continued to practice Judaism in secret and because the treasury suffered from the loss of jizya collected from the Jews, in 1661 they were allowed to revert to Judaism, but were still required to wear a distinctive patch upon their clothings.[24]

Confined to city quarters, the Bukharan Jews were denied basic rights and many were forced to convert to Islam. They had to wear black and yellow dress to distinguish themselves from the Muslims.[25]

Under the Zaydi rule, the Yemenite Jews were considered to be impure, and therefore forbidden to touch a Muslim or a Muslim's food. They were obligated to humble themselves before a Muslim, to walk to the left side, and greet him first. They could not build houses higher than a Muslim's or ride a camel or horse, and when riding on a mule or a donkey, they had to sit sideways. Upon entering the Muslim quarter a Jew had to take off his foot-gear and walk barefoot. If attacked with stones or fists by Islamic youth, a Jew was not allowed to defend himself. In such situations he had the option of fleeing or seeking intervention by a merciful Muslim passerby.[26]

[edit] 19th century

Photochrom of Jews in Jerusalem, in the 1890s.
In 1834, in Safed local Muslim Arabs carried out a massacre of the indigenous (Old Yishuv) Jewish population of that city in the Safed Plunder.

In 1839, in the eastern Persian city of Meshed, a mob burst into the Jewish Quarter, burned the synagogue, and destroyed the Torah scrolls. It was only by forcible conversion that a massacre was averted.[27] There was another massacre in Barfurush in 1867.[28][29] In 1839, the Allahdad incident, the Jews of Mashhad, Iran, now known as the Mashhadi Jews, were coerced into converting to Islam.[30]

In the middle of the 19th century, J. J. Benjamin wrote about the life of Persian Jews:

"…they are obliged to live in a separate part of town…; for they are considered as unclean creatures… Under the pretext of their being unclean, they are treated with the greatest severity and should they enter a street, inhabited by Mussulmans, they are pelted by the boys and mobs with stones and dirt… For the same reason, they are prohibited to go out when it rains; for it is said the rain would wash dirt off them, which would sully the feet of the Mussulmans… If a Jew is recognized as such in the streets, he is subjected to the greatest insults. The passers-by spit in his face, and sometimes beat him… unmercifully… If a Jew enters a shop for anything, he is forbidden to inspect the goods… Should his hand incautiously touch the goods, he must take them at any price the seller chooses to ask for them... Sometimes the Persians intrude into the dwellings of the Jews and take possession of whatever please them. Should the owner make the least opposition in defense of his property, he incurs the danger of atoning for it with his life... If... a Jew shows himself in the street during the three days of the Katel (Muharram)…, he is sure to be murdered."[31]

The list gets bigger as one searches history of Muslims treatment towards Jews..

“LAITY v NY, SCOTUS #13-875”

Since: Nov 08

Swift Water,NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

uhuh wrote:
muslims must recite their daily prayers in Arabic, the language of their scripture
christians too should recite their daily prayers in Greek, the language of their "scripture"
Pray in Greek if you want. No one is stopping you.

Swift Water,NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
They can't and the tragic part is that they can't even pray in the native language of Jesus.
Maybe YOU can't. Doesn't mean no Christian can.
Can YOU pray in Latin?

Swift Water,NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

"Allah" is a false god.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
You are the "no boy" on this thread.
All your post are redressed with a "NO"
Never once do you accept the truth about Islam to be known.
You lie and lie and lie every day on these threads.
I been here on this thread a little over a month, and that is all you do is lie.
That is shameful.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

uhuh wrote:
lol

I can see it. Little Christian kids going to "Greek school" after regular school, just like us Jews.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
Thats not the really tragic part.

The really tragic part is that many dont even know what Aramaic is. At least even the noneducated Jews know what Hebrew is, and the noneducated moslems know what Arabic is.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You are right to a point; that Christianity is no more relevance in the modern world, and has been replaced by intellectual inquiry that promotes debate on how to help the ignorance of people remain in their ignorance so that liberals can feel good about them self in finding ways to fund the needs of the ignorant.
Not my problem. My religion has ALWAYS valued inquiry and debate. As a result it never lost its relevance, or its popularity. You would be wise to understand this.

You might start by focusing on the fundamentals, such as what is scripture and why wouldnt EVERYONE (not just the command and control management)learn and possess the tools to interpret it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
The NT Scriptures were written in Greek; the native language. So where does your definition say Greek is not a scriptural language. What is bmz's definition of a scriputal language; I've been waiting a week for a reply to this question.
We werent talking about the NT - I never questioned any of your NT citations. I questioned the veracity of your mangled OT translations from the original Hebrew.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Jews keep borrowing from various cultures or sources to reinvent their beliefs, attitudes and practices.
If a faith is based on cosmic principles then it need not reinvent itself nor does it need to readjust its values since the cosmic principles on which it stands are eternal.
Vedanta and Buddhism are faiths based on cosmic principles as seen in their expositions and so these faiths need not adjust themselves with the march of time. Who can dispute the laws of consciousness, space, singularity, space, time and the rest? These are the cosmic principles that never change.
Straw arguments - off topic

The point is when one studies Torah in the Jewish tradition, one starts by raising questions.

And one ends by raising more questions.

I.E. the method encourages discussion, debate, dissent.

Furthermore, the religion has never really been anti-science. Science is not considered a theological threat.

Most forms of Christianity, otoh, are based on literalisms and the suppression of public inquiry into the meaning of the scripture. And many denominations do not support science.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
We werent talking about the NT - I never questioned any of your NT citations. I questioned the veracity of your mangled OT translations from the original Hebrew.
I asked bmz for the definition of a scriptural language since he claims Greek is not one. You gave your definition based on a wrong premise for why I was asking him the question.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
You guys are so misguided, can't allah understand other languages then arabic? The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob can understand all languages of the world and people over the world can pray to him in their native language. allah ain't to bright, is he?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked bmz for the definition of a scriptural language since he claims Greek is not one. You gave your definition based on a wrong premise for why I was asking him the question.
what is the right premise then in your opinion?
John

Brisbane, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep on lying like the Church did for centuries, Doc!
Ibn Ishaq was an idiot just like the writers of the four gospels, who wrote the atles based on hearsay.
His book cannot be found. And some work was re-written by his deputy, Ibn Hisham. There is no mention of any John or the gospel or the New Testament in his works.
We have been showing you corruptions and forgeries in your Bible daily. How can you say taht there is no corruption in your Bible?
The problem is that you have not really read your corrupt Bible, we have. Forgeries were rampant in the first four centuries and that 'tradition' was always maintained by the Church. Forgeries only stopped after the 18th Century.
You really are a mental defective bmz.
Any fact that exposes your insane version of history is somehow a lie.
Anything in any historical source that proves you are incorrect is somehow corrupted or a forgery.
You are the fraud attempting corruption and forgery bmz.
Like all muztards, you obey the murderous false prophet and lie to promote your sick cult.
You are evil.

bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You are the "no boy" on this thread.
All your post are redressed with a "NO"
Never once do you accept the truth about Islam to be known.
You lie and lie and lie every day on these threads.
I been here on this thread a little over a month, and that is all you do is lie.
That is shameful.
No! I have never lied.

You just lied just like your Church fathers.

You have already been here long. You used to write under the nickname 'Think" and when you could not think any further, you became Septic, I mean Skeptic.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
what is the right premise then in your opinion?
The right premise for the question is why I was asking bmz the question in the first place. bmz was trying to imply Greek is not a scriptural language because it cannot articulate theological concepts in general. I asked bmz to provide a definition of a scriptural language by a recognized authority saying Greek is not a scriptural language.

bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys are so misguided, can't allah understand other languages then arabic? The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob can understand all languages of the world and people over the world can pray to him in their native language. allah ain't to bright, is he?
UhUh brought to our attention that the Jews offer their prayers in Hebrew and Muslims offer in Arabic.

That is very true. You don't. So what is your problem?

Did Jesus pray to the Father in Greek, the market or street language in the area?

bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

John wrote:
<quoted text>
You really are a mental defective bmz.
Any fact that exposes your insane version of history is somehow a lie.
Anything in any historical source that proves you are incorrect is somehow corrupted or a forgery.
You are the fraud attempting corruption and forgery bmz.
Like all muztards, you obey the murderous false prophet and lie to promote your sick cult.
You are evil.
How so?

Would you like to discuss all the absurdities and the forgeries in your Bible, with me, if you think you are a cognizant Christian?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 156,501 - 156,520 of193,740
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Search the Pagan/Wiccan Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
What is Ritual Sex? (Nov '11) Apr 22 Kathwynn 76
Triad Wiccans gather to meditate (Apr '07) Apr 22 Kathwynn 66
Two guilty of 'ritualistic' abuse (Dec '12) Apr 22 Kathwynn 405
Ex-Disney Star Renounced Christianity and Becam... Apr 19 Grumpy Guy 59
The Easter message is the Resurrection not the ... Apr 18 Sol 1
Rev. Mirado Crow (Sep '13) Apr 18 Lmhw 9
Wiccan Atheists and Agnostics (Aug '13) Apr 17 PINCH111 284
•••
•••