Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments
156,461 - 156,480 of 201,321 Comments Last updated 16 min ago

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#166621 Mar 10, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
You are the "no boy" on this thread.
All your post are redressed with a "NO"
Never once do you accept the truth about Islam to be known.
You lie and lie and lie every day on these threads.
I been here on this thread a little over a month, and that is all you do is lie.
That is shameful.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#166622 Mar 10, 2013
uhuh wrote:
jews must recite their daily prayers in Hebrew, the language of their scripture
muslims must recite their daily prayers in Arabic, the language of their scripture
christians too should recite their daily prayers in Greek, the language of their "scripture"
lol

I can see it. Little Christian kids going to "Greek school" after regular school, just like us Jews.

Location hidden

#166623 Mar 10, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
They can't and the tragic part is that they can't even pray in the native language of Jesus.
Thats not the really tragic part.

The really tragic part is that many dont even know what Aramaic is. At least even the noneducated Jews know what Hebrew is, and the noneducated moslems know what Arabic is.

Location hidden

#166624 Mar 10, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You are right to a point; that Christianity is no more relevance in the modern world, and has been replaced by intellectual inquiry that promotes debate on how to help the ignorance of people remain in their ignorance so that liberals can feel good about them self in finding ways to fund the needs of the ignorant.
Not my problem. My religion has ALWAYS valued inquiry and debate. As a result it never lost its relevance, or its popularity. You would be wise to understand this.

You might start by focusing on the fundamentals, such as what is scripture and why wouldnt EVERYONE (not just the command and control management)learn and possess the tools to interpret it.

Location hidden

#166625 Mar 10, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
The NT Scriptures were written in Greek; the native language. So where does your definition say Greek is not a scriptural language. What is bmz's definition of a scriputal language; I've been waiting a week for a reply to this question.
We werent talking about the NT - I never questioned any of your NT citations. I questioned the veracity of your mangled OT translations from the original Hebrew.

Location hidden

#166626 Mar 10, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Jews keep borrowing from various cultures or sources to reinvent their beliefs, attitudes and practices.
If a faith is based on cosmic principles then it need not reinvent itself nor does it need to readjust its values since the cosmic principles on which it stands are eternal.
Vedanta and Buddhism are faiths based on cosmic principles as seen in their expositions and so these faiths need not adjust themselves with the march of time. Who can dispute the laws of consciousness, space, singularity, space, time and the rest? These are the cosmic principles that never change.
Straw arguments - off topic

The point is when one studies Torah in the Jewish tradition, one starts by raising questions.

And one ends by raising more questions.

I.E. the method encourages discussion, debate, dissent.

Furthermore, the religion has never really been anti-science. Science is not considered a theological threat.

Most forms of Christianity, otoh, are based on literalisms and the suppression of public inquiry into the meaning of the scripture. And many denominations do not support science.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#166627 Mar 10, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
We werent talking about the NT - I never questioned any of your NT citations. I questioned the veracity of your mangled OT translations from the original Hebrew.
I asked bmz for the definition of a scriptural language since he claims Greek is not one. You gave your definition based on a wrong premise for why I was asking him the question.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#166628 Mar 10, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
They can't and the tragic part is that they can't even pray in the native language of Jesus.
You guys are so misguided, can't allah understand other languages then arabic? The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob can understand all languages of the world and people over the world can pray to him in their native language. allah ain't to bright, is he?

Location hidden

#166629 Mar 10, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked bmz for the definition of a scriptural language since he claims Greek is not one. You gave your definition based on a wrong premise for why I was asking him the question.
what is the right premise then in your opinion?
John

Brisbane, Australia

#166630 Mar 10, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep on lying like the Church did for centuries, Doc!
Ibn Ishaq was an idiot just like the writers of the four gospels, who wrote the atles based on hearsay.
His book cannot be found. And some work was re-written by his deputy, Ibn Hisham. There is no mention of any John or the gospel or the New Testament in his works.
We have been showing you corruptions and forgeries in your Bible daily. How can you say taht there is no corruption in your Bible?
The problem is that you have not really read your corrupt Bible, we have. Forgeries were rampant in the first four centuries and that 'tradition' was always maintained by the Church. Forgeries only stopped after the 18th Century.
You really are a mental defective bmz.
Any fact that exposes your insane version of history is somehow a lie.
Anything in any historical source that proves you are incorrect is somehow corrupted or a forgery.
You are the fraud attempting corruption and forgery bmz.
Like all muztards, you obey the murderous false prophet and lie to promote your sick cult.
You are evil.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#166631 Mar 10, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You are the "no boy" on this thread.
All your post are redressed with a "NO"
Never once do you accept the truth about Islam to be known.
You lie and lie and lie every day on these threads.
I been here on this thread a little over a month, and that is all you do is lie.
That is shameful.
No! I have never lied.

You just lied just like your Church fathers.

You have already been here long. You used to write under the nickname 'Think" and when you could not think any further, you became Septic, I mean Skeptic.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#166632 Mar 10, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
what is the right premise then in your opinion?
The right premise for the question is why I was asking bmz the question in the first place. bmz was trying to imply Greek is not a scriptural language because it cannot articulate theological concepts in general. I asked bmz to provide a definition of a scriptural language by a recognized authority saying Greek is not a scriptural language.
bmz

Singapore

#166633 Mar 10, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys are so misguided, can't allah understand other languages then arabic? The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob can understand all languages of the world and people over the world can pray to him in their native language. allah ain't to bright, is he?
UhUh brought to our attention that the Jews offer their prayers in Hebrew and Muslims offer in Arabic.

That is very true. You don't. So what is your problem?

Did Jesus pray to the Father in Greek, the market or street language in the area?
bmz

Singapore

#166634 Mar 10, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
You really are a mental defective bmz.
Any fact that exposes your insane version of history is somehow a lie.
Anything in any historical source that proves you are incorrect is somehow corrupted or a forgery.
You are the fraud attempting corruption and forgery bmz.
Like all muztards, you obey the murderous false prophet and lie to promote your sick cult.
You are evil.
How so?

Would you like to discuss all the absurdities and the forgeries in your Bible, with me, if you think you are a cognizant Christian?
bmz

Singapore

#166635 Mar 10, 2013
Robert Laity wrote:
<quoted text>
Pray in Greek if you want. No one is stopping you.
No, because Latin and Greek, languages unfit for any Scripture, were not the language of my Scripture.

Did Jesus pray in Latin or Greek?
bmz

Singapore

#166636 Mar 10, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
The right premise for the question is why I was asking bmz the question in the first place. bmz was trying to imply Greek is not a scriptural language because it cannot articulate theological concepts in general. I asked bmz to provide a definition of a scriptural language by a recognized authority saying Greek is not a scriptural language.
Why does one need a recognized authority for a simple comment?

I have already said that the Greek language is unfit for any Scripture because it has never been the language of any Scripture revealed.

Hebrew or Jewish Scriptures were only revealed in Hebrew. so, Hebrew can be called a language in which Scripture was revealed and that simply means a Scriptural Language.

Greek is not. Nothing was revealed in that language by God. So, we call it non-scriptural language.

"Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?" is Aramaic and that is the language that Jesus spoke. Why was nothing written in Aramaic?

The massive confusion which led to various absurd doctrines and the concoction of a triune God, came through Greek.

John

Brisbane, Australia

#166637 Mar 10, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
How so?
Would you like to discuss all the absurdities and the forgeries in your Bible, with me, if you think you are a cognizant Christian?
We've proven to you a hundred times that your bullshit about forged gospels is bullshit.
We show you fragments of the gospels from the first and second centuries, you say they're forged.
We show you quotes from the new testament in the writings of first and second century authors, you say they're forged.
LOL.
You're a fool.
John

Brisbane, Australia

#166638 Mar 10, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No, because Latin and Greek, languages unfit for any Scripture, were not the language of my Scripture.
Did Jesus pray in Latin or Greek?
Well since the new testament scriptures were written in GREEK, obviously Greek is not unfit for any scripture.
Duh.

Location hidden

#166639 Mar 10, 2013
"...I asked bmz to provide a definition of a scriptural language by a recognized authority saying Greek is not a scriptural language..."
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does one need a recognized authority for a simple comment?
I have already said that the Greek language is unfit for any Scripture because it has never been the language of any Scripture revealed.
Hebrew or Jewish Scriptures were only revealed in Hebrew. so, Hebrew can be called a language in which Scripture was revealed and that simply means a Scriptural Language.
Greek is not. Nothing was revealed in that language by God. So, we call it non-scriptural language.
"Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?" is Aramaic and that is the language that Jesus spoke. Why was nothing written in Aramaic?
The massive confusion which led to various absurd doctrines and the concoction of a triune God, came through Greek.
Well you wanted a definition, and BMZ provided you one.

And he also explained why your premise that an authority is needed is baseless. That said, any serious scholar of scripture would agree 100% with BMZ.

All this time you spend arguing, you could be learning Aramaic or Hebrew. Or even Greek.

Location hidden

#166640 Mar 10, 2013
that above post was directed to PAUL WV

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SHADOW PEOPLE... i need help (May '07) Aug 25 Only1Likeme212 347
Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe Aug 25 Ernie 117
Pagan community northern kentucky? (Nov '12) Aug 25 scorpion123 27
Reagan appointee sides with Wiccans: NM town mu... Aug 20 Kathwynn 5
Looking for a Pagan community in Kentucky? (Mar '12) Aug 13 Lady shay 8
Satanists Unveil Design for Statehouse Statue (Jan '14) Aug 9 Kathwynn 11
Pagan caught performing naked ritual with teena... (Nov '12) Aug 4 Emma 13
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••