Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 251273 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

John

Australia

#166638 Mar 10, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No, because Latin and Greek, languages unfit for any Scripture, were not the language of my Scripture.
Did Jesus pray in Latin or Greek?
Well since the new testament scriptures were written in GREEK, obviously Greek is not unfit for any scripture.
Duh.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#166639 Mar 10, 2013
"...I asked bmz to provide a definition of a scriptural language by a recognized authority saying Greek is not a scriptural language..."
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does one need a recognized authority for a simple comment?
I have already said that the Greek language is unfit for any Scripture because it has never been the language of any Scripture revealed.
Hebrew or Jewish Scriptures were only revealed in Hebrew. so, Hebrew can be called a language in which Scripture was revealed and that simply means a Scriptural Language.
Greek is not. Nothing was revealed in that language by God. So, we call it non-scriptural language.
"Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?" is Aramaic and that is the language that Jesus spoke. Why was nothing written in Aramaic?
The massive confusion which led to various absurd doctrines and the concoction of a triune God, came through Greek.
Well you wanted a definition, and BMZ provided you one.

And he also explained why your premise that an authority is needed is baseless. That said, any serious scholar of scripture would agree 100% with BMZ.

All this time you spend arguing, you could be learning Aramaic or Hebrew. Or even Greek.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#166640 Mar 10, 2013
that above post was directed to PAUL WV
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#166641 Mar 10, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
UhUh brought to our attention that the Jews offer their prayers in Hebrew and Muslims offer in Arabic.
That is very true. You don't. So what is your problem?
Did Jesus pray to the Father in Greek, the market or street language in the area?
It does not matter what language Jesus or the prophets prayed in, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob can understand all languages. allah apparently can't.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#166642 Mar 10, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does one need a recognized authority for a simple comment?
I have already said that the Greek language is unfit for any Scripture because it has never been the language of any Scripture revealed.
Hebrew or Jewish Scriptures were only revealed in Hebrew. so, Hebrew can be called a language in which Scripture was revealed and that simply means a Scriptural Language.
Greek is not. Nothing was revealed in that language by God. So, we call it non-scriptural language.
"Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?" is Aramaic and that is the language that Jesus spoke. Why was nothing written in Aramaic?
The massive confusion which led to various absurd doctrines and the concoction of a triune God, came through Greek.
The NT Scripture was revealed in Greek proving once more you don't know what you are talking about. You claim the NT is not scripture which is not supported by experts in the field. You think because you say something makes it true, but you are on the fringe of intellectual inquiry. No wait, you are not even on the fringe, you are on the lunatic side.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#166643 Mar 10, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
"...I asked bmz to provide a definition of a scriptural language by a recognized authority saying Greek is not a scriptural language..."
<quoted text>
Well you wanted a definition, and BMZ provided you one.
And he also explained why your premise that an authority is needed is baseless. That said, any serious scholar of scripture would agree 100% with BMZ.
All this time you spend arguing, you could be learning Aramaic or Hebrew. Or even Greek.
Greek is used in the NT scriptures making you and bmz wrong. Now provide a definition from a recognized source saying Greek is not a scriptural language.
John

Australia

#166644 Mar 10, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
UhUh brought to our attention that the Jews offer their prayers in Hebrew and Muslims offer in Arabic.
That is very true. You don't. So what is your problem?
Did Jesus pray to the Father in Greek, the market or street language in the area?
Almost all of Jesus ministry was in the "market or street" in the region of Galilee, where Greek was the common language, so yes Jesus preached and prayed with the people in Greek.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#166645 Mar 10, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Almost all of Jesus ministry was in the "market or street" in the region of Galilee, where Greek was the common language, so yes Jesus preached and prayed with the people in Greek.
He simply forgot to take his pen with him!!
Christian

Punchbowl, Australia

#166646 Mar 10, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't waste my time with those kind of books, but I admit I read it.
Depite all the arguings between you and them trying to push the other religion down and promote one's own, Christians and Muslims are not that different. You believe that all the other religions are false and who doesn't believe in the Nazarene is going to burn in hell. Muslims believe that Islam is the only true religion of god and who doesn't believe in Muhammad is going to burn in hell.
Ironic, isn't it.
There's no point in discussing the Bible with you as you have no idea at all.

You are completely lost in ignorance, one day you will wake up in hell then it will be too late.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#166647 Mar 10, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Greek is used in the NT scriptures making you and bmz wrong. Now provide a definition from a recognized source saying Greek is not a scriptural language.
Do you actually understand Greek?

I have a BETTER suggestion:
Greece is in a lot of trouble thanks to Euroland.
Let the Greek speaking people have exclusive rights to these Pagan NT books.

You can write your own pagan NT books in English!!

Being an Englishman I shall be delighted to see English as a scriptural language!
Long awaited and well deserved: Come on ENGLAND!!
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#166648 Mar 10, 2013
Hey plagiarizing book thieves:
Why did you steal a Jewish G-d and turn Him into a Jewish mangod?

Why did you get this Jewish mangod circumcised on the 8th day?

Why did you get this Jewish mangod killed?

Why you you let this Jewish mangod go to heaven leaving his foreskin behind?

>>>>Who died? God or Jesus?
<<<<God CANNOT die.
>>>>Jesus the man can die and it is no big deal.
<<<<But what happened to his foreskin?
))))Did it rise with him?
Christian

Punchbowl, Australia

#166649 Mar 10, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Please spare us the Horse Shit that only Jesus can save a person from hell. That is rubbish.
The man could not even save himself, so how can he save others? Jesus is no bloody savior, only the LORD Almighty is.
Sorry I only believe in Jesus.

I explored Islam and found that Allah and Mohammed are paedophiles, mass murderers, thieves and liars.

These are all proven historical facts, no Muslim can deny the reality of these facts.

This facts are accepted by all respected Western historians and theologians. You simply cannot deny the facts, I know the Islamic countries treat their populations like mushrooms. They keep them in the dark and feed them manure.

Thankfully, we in the free world have access to the facts. You can go to any library in the free western countries and access the full facts about Islam.

If you had access to the info we have, you would be ashamed to be Muslim. You would leave it immediately.

Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#166650 Mar 10, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why he shouted out very loud in GREEK....

MATT 27:

46 About the ninth hour BJ cried out with a loud voice, saying,“ELI, ELI, LAMA SABACHTHANI?”

It is GREEK for:

“My god, my god, why have you FORESKINNED ME?!!!!....

But some think he meant in Hebrewish-Aramaic:

"My god, my god, why have you FORSAKEN ME?!!

Who knows?
Fr Petronius

Napa, CA

#166651 Mar 10, 2013
There is no matter whether Jesus, or any Proclaimed Prophet, offered up address of prayer, sacrifices or demands in language or acts of a particular language. What matters is that the Prophet wore one of those cute little Prophet suits and that the assembled witnesses, there were/are always assembled witnesses to such acts (otherwise why bother, eh?) could lift up their collective inspired voice in song " Ohhhhh, you look so cute in your little white suit" whilst swaying and waiting as one for the punch line.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#166652 Mar 10, 2013
JOEL wrote:
The most UNINTELLIGENT posters - BMZ (Singapore), MUQ, Alex, Paul and Shamma.
May I take it as a compliment?
I thought you have been cleaned up by the yogi process to stop making personal attacks on unintelligent people like you!
(smiles)
John

Australia

#166653 Mar 10, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
MATT 27:
46 About the ninth hour BJ cried out with a loud voice, saying,“ELI, ELI, LAMA SABACHTHANI?”
It is GREEK for:
Who knows?
Obviously not you.
You should know however that it is possible to know 2 or more languages.
Almost all the people in the region of Galilee where Christ lived spoke Greek as the common language. Aramaic or Latin might be their first language but they also spoke Greek. The language of literature was also Greek in the eastern empire, which is why the new testament was written in Greek.
And please stop talking sick gay muztard crap about foreskins. You sound more pathetic than usual.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#166654 Mar 10, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad it is crystal clear to you. Thanks for trying.
I shall have an italian aristo-visconte coming over to stay with me. He understands English and I understand him.
Good health.
LOL

What is aristo-visconte? Not just you made up your posts but even noble titles.

The term aristo comes from the Italian word aristocratico, in English aristocratic. So what's the reason to call a visconte aristocratic, as a title, when the word visconte include that?

If you understand him and he's coming to stay with you, well, happy homosexual love, Muslim.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#166655 Mar 10, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
The term aristo comes from the Italian word aristocratico, in English aristocratic. So what's the reason to call a visconte aristocratic, as a title, when the word visconte include that?
If you understand him and he's coming to stay with you, well, happy homosexual love, Muslim.
You really are an idiot!!!
You NEED to learn English PDQ, silly fool.
Unless/until you stop being an arrogant "know all" you will NEVER get out of your hole.
Aristo is something we also use you idiot:
Definition of ARISTO
: aristocrat
Origin of ARISTO
by shortening
First Known Use: 1864

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ari...
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#166656 Mar 10, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
With clueless fools like him italy is at risk of continuing to go down a plug hole or two!
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#166657 Mar 10, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously not you.
You should know however that it is possible to know 2 or more languages.
Almost all the people in the region of Galilee where Christ lived spoke Greek as the common language. Aramaic or Latin might be their first language but they also spoke Greek. The language of literature was also Greek in the eastern empire, which is why the new testament was written in Greek.
And please stop talking sick gay muztard crap about foreskins. You sound more pathetic than usual.
READ again you sick little creep.
You have made some crazy claims about NT being "revealed" in Greek!!!
You need to be locked up!

Jesus has not seen a SINGLE word in your "holy" NT!

That poor man spoke aramaic.

That's why your Greek scripture looks so dumb...

READ.....until you get the message!!
MATT 27:
It is GREEK for:
Who knows?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Sat Eagle 12 4,352
News This Halloween, Think of Islam as a Religion of... May 24 Im a poet and I k... 2
News Who Is Allah? (Jul '08) May 22 Joel 13,168
News Atheist billboard near Lincoln Tunnel scheduled... (Nov '10) May 19 Patrick 219
Convert me from Agnostic to Atheist May 19 New Beginning 1
News Witches for Sanders? Democratic Candidate Finds... May 16 Truth 2
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) May 16 Eagle 12 770
More from around the web