Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments
156,241 - 156,260 of 199,618 Comments Last updated 7 min ago
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>On what higher consul above God do you base your reason and logic?

No matter what God did and said you disagree with Gods decisions.
Explain who that consul you confide with that you believe is above God?
All you have to do is to think and I never see you doing that.
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
Well, for one thing I can understand Hebrew, and you can't

And, BMZ, an Arabic speaker, can follow what I say, since it is very similar

You, on the other hand, can not read Hebrew.

Ironically, there are many learned Christian clergy that CAN understand Hebrew. I know that for a fact because I know at least one Hebrew teacher who teaches at a seminary, and there are multiple books available that are marketed as Hebrew for Christians (usually BY Christians). Plus, there is an entire educational industry in Israel for Christians to this end as well.

AND I WOULD VENTURE THAT 100% OF ANY OF THESE PEOPLE WOULD NOT ONLY AGREE WITH MY EARLIER POST BUT WOULD ALSO CONSIDER YOU A TOTAL FOOL.

sorry - I tell it as it is
That is correct and true. Must say it was a good assessment. Thanks
uhuh

Murcia, Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

it seems YHWH speaks only 2 lines in the NT, through alleged bat kol,
at the baptism "This is My son whom I love"
at the transfiguration (Gr. metamorphosis) "This is My son whom I love" again
to the crowd of Greeks "I glorified and again will glorify"

The Son speaks in riddles

The Ghost is just a mute dove
uhuh

Murcia, Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

after speaking in riddles, never getting to the point, leaving the crowd wondering what the hell he just said,

"After speaking these things, Jesus went away and hid himself from them" (John 12:36) lol
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no need for you play God.
God is real.

The baptism of Jesus has usually been regarded as a striking manifestation of the doctrine of the Trinity, or the doctrine that there are three Persons in the divine nature:
I never do that. I just bring up absurdities, forgeries and serious contradictions to Christians' attention.

The baptism of Jesus is strikingly the most absurd story. To me, it is a hoax.

To you, it is true. Which one do you believe is correct of the following two?

"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, "

And compare it with Acts 2:37-38

"When the people heard this, they were cut to the heart and said to Peter and the other apostles,“Brothers, what shall we do?”

Peter replied,“Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."

In whose name did Peter baptize? Let me have your esteeemed spin on this, please.
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

JOEL wrote:
BMZ (SINGAPORE) is a crypto-Jew. Alex is the same.
lol! That was cute!
uhuh

Murcia, Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

only Peter, James and John witnessed Jesus "metamorph" and talking to Moses and Elijah

if the author of Gospel of John was really the apostle John, he should've mentioned this important event

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Psalm 16:10
Kee, lo t'azov nafshi l'shoal
For you will not leave my soul to shoal (i.e the pit)
lo tetain hasdicha
you will not give the righteous
l'rot shachat
to see the end (i.e. decay)
Those are just Hebrew words from the Psalm 16:10 and do not translate into the intent of the Psalmist
The Psalmist is being inspired by Gods Holy Spirit to bring a message forth from God.
The question is who is the Psalmist referring too?
It is obvious the Psalmist is referring to an invent that would take place in the future.

For thou will not leave - The language used here implies, of course, that what is here called the soul would be in the abode to which the name hell is given, but "how long" it would be there is not intimated. The thought simply is, that it would not be "left" there; it would not be suffered to "remain" there. Whether it would be restored to life again in a few days, or after a longer period, is not implied in the term used. It would be fulfilled, though, as in the case of the Lord Jesus, the resurrection should occur in three days; or though, as in the case of David, it would occur only after many ages; or though, as Abraham believed of Isaac if he was offered as a sacrifice Hebrews 11:19, he should be restored to life at once. In other words, there is no allusion in this language to time. It is only to the "fact" that there would be a restoration to life.

My soul - DeWette renders this, "my life." The Hebrew word - &#1504;&#1508;&#15 13;&#1473; nephesh - which occurs very frequently in the Scriptures, means properly "breath;" then, the vital spirit, life; then, the rational soul, the mind; then, an animal, or animated thing - that which "lives;" then, oneself. Which of these senses is the true one here must be determined from the connection, and the meaning could probably be determined by a man's asking himself what he would think of if he used similar language of himself - "I am about to die; my flesh will go down to the grave, and will rest in hope - the hope of a resurrection; my breath - my soul - will depart, and I shall be dead; but that life, that soul, will not be extinct: it will not be "left" in the grave, the abode of the dead; it will live again, live on forever." It seems to me, therefore, that the language here would embrace the immortal part - that which is distinct from the body; and that the word here employed may be properly understood of the soul as we understand that word. The psalmist probably understood by it that part of his nature which was not mortal or decaying; that which properly constituted his life.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

uhuh wrote:
only Peter, James and John witnessed Jesus "metamorph" and talking to Moses and Elijah
if the author of Gospel of John was really the apostle John, he should've mentioned this important event
John did in John 1:14
14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.

We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

The glory of Jesus as was seen in the transfiguration by Peter, James, and John.
John gives testimony to seeing the Glory of Jesus [the transfiguration of Jesus] in the beginning of his chapter John 1 verse 14.
Meyer Mayer McGillicuddy

Napa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Mooshla Urduhl Wobiya wrote:
In the Book, whose name we shall not utter, He, whose true name no one now knows, it is rumored to be said that we should all go forth in a great crowd and speak the three sounds and make the ancient genuflection as one wave and then we should separate and disperse and go from that place and not thereafter refer or reflect thereupon ever again as that is the way and the knowing of that which shall prove fleeting and impermanent but of which some sense of moment of import shall forever remain though unknown in the vastness and truth of its meaning, as but a thread in the fabric of our forever thereafter empty days.
This here is some kind of spell, ya? What the hell are you referring to?
What has this here got to do with the N. Korean thing where the whole bunch of uniformed guys was coming out in favor of baptism? Well, ya?
Is this some kind such nasty crack about His Holiness and his problems? Are you a NUT, ya?
Well?
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
What it shows is that Jesus and His followers used the Greek Septuagint.
The Greek Septuagint was never not considered the Holy Scripture. It was just a simple and a very poor translation of the first five books of the Jewish Bible.

Jesus could not read Greek.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I never do that. I just bring up absurdities, forgeries and serious contradictions to Christians' attention.
The baptism of Jesus is strikingly the most absurd story. To me, it is a hoax.
To you, it is true. Which one do you believe is correct of the following two?
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, "
And compare it with Acts 2:37-38
"When the people heard this, they were cut to the heart and said to Peter and the other apostles,“Brothers, what shall we do?”
Peter replied,“Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."
In whose name did Peter baptize? Let me have your esteeemed spin on this, please.
Which name are you referring too?
Jesus was called by many different names by his disciples. Including the Messiah, Master, the one promised by the prophets and rabbi. While many of his disciples may have been uneducated fisherman they seemed to know that he was the one promised in the Old Testament.

Jesus in Matthew 28:19 gave the disciples the command to baptize
In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

uhuh wrote:
That is a very good observation, uhuh.

Many Johns wrote john.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

uhuh wrote:
after speaking in riddles, never getting to the point, leaving the crowd wondering what the hell he just said,
"After speaking these things, Jesus went away and hid himself from them" (John 12:36) lol
Was it because if Jesus knew that if he told the Jews that God was sending Muhammad as their Messiah as Muslims Claim they would crucify Jesus?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a very good observation, uhuh.
Many Johns wrote john.
An ignorant Muslim observation.
A dumb dumb assumption by "uhuh" proven wrong by Scripture.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
The Greek Septuagint was never not considered the Holy Scripture. It was just a simple and a very poor translation of the first five books of the Jewish Bible.
You are ignorant
Jesus read Isiah from it in the Hellenist Greek Jews synagogue.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
All you have to do is to think and I never see you doing that.
You never see my thinking because you are a Muslim, and a Muslim never thinks with his brain.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks.
The verse is so easy to understand. There is no mention of Jesus in it.
You need to get a new translator.
Read mu post.

It may be added that this interpretation accords with the connection in which the word occurs. Though it may be admitted that the connection would not "necessarily" lead to this view, yet this interpretation is in entire harmony with the statements in the previous verses, and in the following verse. Thus, in the previous verse, the psalmist had said that "his flesh would rest in hope," - a sentiment which accords with either the idea that he would at some future period be raised from the grave, and would not perish forever, though the period of the resurrection might be remote; or with the idea of being raised up so soon that the body would not return to corruption, that is, before the change consequent on death would take place. The sentiment in the following verse also agrees with this view. That sentiment is, that there is a path to life; that in the presence of God there is fulness of joy; that at his right hand there are pleasures forevermore - a sentiment, in this connection, founded on the belief of the resurrection from the dead, and equally true whether the dead should be raised immediately or at some remote period. I infer, therefore, that the apostles Peter and Paul made a legitimate use of this passage; that the argument which they urged was derived from a proper interpretation of the language; that the fair construction of the psalm, and the fact that David "had" returned to corruption, fully justified them in the application which they made of the passage; and that, therefore, it was the design of the Holy Spirit to convey the idea that "the Messiah" would be raised from the dead without undergoing the change which others undergo in the grave; and that it was thus "predicted" in the

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
which when they were come to Antioch, spake unto the Grecians; or Hellenist Jews, who were born and brought up in Greece, and spoke the Greek language; though the Alexandrian copy, and the Syriac version, read "Greeks", as if they were native Greeks,
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>

lol! That was cute!
Ya Ma.

Isn't Ma a popular Chinese name?

(smiles)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••