Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 252988 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#166452 Mar 9, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Which god has revealed which revelation?
Do you really think that god, if ever existed, would humiliate itself so much by sending down flaw books like Torah, Quran and NT?
According to Quran god sent messengers to all the nations, and the hadiths say they were 144000 or something. This means Greek is a scriptural language, and that you contradict the Quran, as always.
It would be silly to suggest only Arabs and Hebrews have recorded the "revelations" in their language.
The only thing you can say is the Torah or Tanakh was not revealed in Greek.
It is the same God, who sent revelations. Why should sending messages be considered humiliating? 
Those were reminders. Why do you find it so difficult to understand?

Why should it bother you so much if God did not exist?

The figure 144,000 came from tales of Christianity. You know well that many ahaadith are as absurd as the New Testament.

Greek is NOT an scriptural language. Do you think the Greek Mythology was Scripture? If you do, then you are a fool!

For your information, the Jews have always had their scrolls in Hebrew. And Septuagint was translated from the first five books of the Jewish Scriptures. That translation was meant for some high-class Greeks to read. How can one say that Scripture was given in that language unfit for Scripture?
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#166453 Mar 9, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No! And not at all. The gospels have not been proven true.
Let me show you how untrue the gospels are:
First the forgery known as Matthew 28:19
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, "
And compare it with Acts 2:37-38
"When the people heard this, they were cut to the heart and said to Peter and the other apostles,“Brothers, what shall we do?”
Peter replied,“Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."
Too many cooks spoiled the 'broth' of the NT.
So, brother Shamma, what would you do? Will you go with Matthew or Peter?
There is something else the NT thumpers expect us to forget:
The "long/cooked up/invented/inserted" ending 16:9-16 of MARK where this "great commision of error" finds a worthless home.

Matthew was copied from Mark and so was the "great commision of error".

MARK 16:15-18
15 He said to them,“Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.

16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues;

18 they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.”

What happened to Father son and Ghost?
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#166454 Mar 9, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
A record in one Gospel is enough.
I agree.
You need just one Gospel!
Pick one!
Thanks.
bmz

Singapore

#166455 Mar 9, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Your description is meaning less.
It seems you don't have the intelligence to understand God gave Scripture so that all languages can understand Gods words.
The Gospels freed man from likes of you, that hold yourself as king and we are your subjects and must believe your bull-shit.
Glory to God we are free from the bond of liars like you.
Christianity and her books were only designed for ignorant fools.

Don't challenge my intelligence. Let me test your intelligence now, so do not run away from this, proving yourself to be a clueless fool, who can neither read nor understand.

This kind of ridiculous stuff can only be found in the gospels. Read now:

Matthew 28:19

"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,"

Acts 2:38

"Peter replied,“Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins."

If Peter the Unschooled had been instructed to baptize in the name of the three, why did that ignorant fool baptize people only under Jesus' name?

Such absurdities are a very common feature of all the gospels. None is reliable.
bmz

Singapore

#166456 Mar 9, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
You need just one Gospel!
Pick one!
Thanks.
LOL!

Oh, you made me spray my tea all over. let me clean the mess up.

Which one? All of them are full of absurdities, nonsense and contradictions.
bmz

Singapore

#166457 Mar 9, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
There is something else the NT thumpers expect us to forget:
The "long/cooked up/invented/inserted" ending 16:9-16 of MARK where this "great commision of error" finds a worthless home.
Matthew was copied from Mark and so was the "great commision of error".
MARK 16:15-18
15 He said to them,“Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.
16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.
17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues;
18 they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.”
What happened to Father son and Ghost?
Yes, Mark was given a longer ending. That is why Thomas Jefferson, who was fed up of all the nonsense, cut short his Bible and ended it at "He rolled the stone shut and went home".

Actually, Matthew and Luke copied wholesale from Mark and John was taken care of by many Johns.
bmz

Singapore

#166458 Mar 9, 2013
uhuh wrote:
<quoted text>
being one of only three witnesses of the "transfiguration", the apostle John would've related his extraordinary experience,
more than just a vague reference, "We beheld his glory as of the only begotten of a father" (John 1:14)
one of many reasons why the overwhelming majority of scholars concur that this 4th Gospel did not in fact come from the apostle John, but from an impostor "John"
Not just an impostor but many impostors wrote John.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#166459 Mar 9, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
I recollect some months ago an episode of The Simpsons was banned in Turkey, because they found it blasphemous. It's a well known fact that that cartoon is American, and the god in the episode was a sort of parody of the Christian god. What's the reason to ban and sanction the Turkish broadcaster CNBC if at the end of the end that god is not Allah?
http://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelpeck/2012/...
Therefore not just Christians say their god is the same god of Jews and Muslims but many Muslims think so.
Who needs to provide more evidence is a question of less importance, since I think each of you (Christians, Muslims, Jews, ect) has to give evidences.
Believe me, who makes extraordinary claim needs extraordinary evidence, is valid also for Islam.
Still you believe in anthropopatic god that creates things out of nothing. This alone is an extraordinary claim that is common in all 3 religions. Where is the extraordinary evidence?
I am afraid we seem to have the same language problem we had many moons ago. Correct enough, but I don't understand the double standard here.

This was your post:
The entire Islam is based on self claim of a person who said to have received revelations from god.
Muhammad's revelations: no eye witness
The angel messenger: no eye witness
The chapter's order of Quran is totally a mess.
And yet everything in Quran is Divine!!
Another case of pot calling kettle black.

My response was:
"christian" claim that their god is same as the god of jews, but they also claim that their god came as a man to die for the sins of humans including gentiles. This is an extra ordinary claim.

Who needs to produce more evidence?
Muslims who claim that they worship the same God who created Adam and who retains the same nature as accepted by Jews or the "christians" who have given a completely new "look" to God?

Those who make extra ordinary claim have to produce extra ordinary evidence to support their claim.

Jesus NEVER made any direct claim to divinity.

**** I am not sure why Turkey banned the program. A simple answer would be any program that insults any "god" of any people is offensive. Therefore, these should be banned.

**** You correctly say that
"Therefore not just Christians say their god is the same god of Jews and Muslims but many Muslims think so."

But Shamma and Paul WV don't agree with you.

I believe that GOD created the universe including the cosmos and mankind. GOD treats all creation fairly and all humans have equal access to GOD irrespective of their race, tribe, colour or nation.
GOD does not hate Jews or Gentiles.

I also believe that the "god" in the OT is an "edited" or "corrected" interpretation of GOD who created everything including the cosmos and mankind. This I believe is to justify the Jewish claim that GOD favours them above others.

I also believe that "Christians" mistakenly worship this "edited" god (who hates gentiles) in the form of a Jewish man called Jesus.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#166460 Mar 9, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
It is the same God, who sent revelations. Why should sending messages be considered humiliating? 
Those were reminders. Why do you find it so difficult to understand?
Why should it bother you so much if God did not exist?
The figure 144,000 came from tales of Christianity. You know well that many ahaadith are as absurd as the New Testament.
Greek is NOT an scriptural language. Do you think the Greek Mythology was Scripture? If you do, then you are a fool!
For your information, the Jews have always had their scrolls in Hebrew. And Septuagint was translated from the first five books of the Jewish Scriptures. That translation was meant for some high-class Greeks to read. How can one say that Scripture was given in that language unfit for Scripture?
Why is there any god who sent revelations? According to you all god is perfect and has sent revelation to people. In the very moment you look at the so called holy texts you find mistakes and absurdities. Now either your god is perfect and he has no sent any revelation or your god is the ultimate joke.

You know well Quran says Allah sent messengers to all the nations. Useless forget it. If that is true Greeks had revelations as well, and your entire argument was destroyed by Quran.

The last time you discussed whether or not Greek language was unfit for holy scriptures, it turns out that you are pretty ignorant about Greek and their holy texts and that your brain is unfit to understand Greek.

Greek mitology was a Scripture? If you believe that Allah is god and that Quran is the word of god, then Zeus, Mithra, Brahma, The Nazarene are gods as well and their mithology can considered Scripture at par of Quran.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#166461 Mar 9, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
Oh, you made me spray my tea all over. let me clean the mess up.
Which one? All of them are full of absurdities, nonsense and contradictions.
lol...glad you liked it. Sorry you had to make a fresh pot/cup of tea!
I was kinda hoping that paul WV would go away to produce a consolidated gospel, thus leaving us in peace for 2000 years!!
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#166462 Mar 9, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Mark was given a longer ending. That is why Thomas Jefferson, who was fed up of all the nonsense, cut short his Bible and ended it at "He rolled the stone shut and went home".
Actually, Matthew and Luke copied wholesale from Mark and John was taken care of by many Johns.
Definitely!
They used Mark's "great commission of errors" in 16:9-16, but forgotten to notice the omission of baptism in the name of daddy, sonny and ghosty...!!
john by many drunken johns is comical indeed.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#166463 Mar 9, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
All inspired and Sacred Scripture. What were those other two gospels you thought were in the Holy Bible? Was Aseop one of them?

I am waiting on those links backing your definition of what a scripture language is.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#166464 Mar 9, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't challenge my intelligence. Let me test your intelligence now, so do not run away from this, proving yourself to be a clueless fool, who can neither read nor understand.
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,"
"Peter replied,“Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins."
If Peter the Unschooled had been instructed to baptize in the name of the three, why did that ignorant fool baptize people only under Jesus' name?
Such absurdities are a very common feature of all the gospels. None is reliable.
Put it to rest, that has been explained to you many times and yet you want to play the fool.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#166465 Mar 9, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Einstein said that an idiot will keep doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result. You keep asking the same question over and over again expecting a different answer.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#166466 Mar 9, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did you unload that rubbish? Was it necessary to litter the precious bandwidth?
I had just asked this:
Show me the word Messiah in the Torah. Ask the Holy Spirit to search for you and reveal that to you.
Just show me the word Messiah in the Torah.
Jesus, for the Church, was an unbranded 'Can of Stuff'. They put every label they could think of but that in my humble view is Horse Shit.
Why can you not understand.
I posted it all out for you to read and understand.
Mashiach means anointed one, the Messiah.
The king of the Jews.

The Jews are still waiting for him to come.
And restore the temple, bring peace in the world, and rule as king of the world.

You tell me why I should not call you stupid when you can't even understand post that explain things clearly to you?

You parade around on this post like a king with no clothes on, while everyone see your nakedness.
Even Colona mentioned you contradicted your self.

That is shameful!

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#166467 Mar 9, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
I am afraid we seem to have the same language problem we had many moons ago. Correct enough, but I don't understand the double standard here.
This was your post:
The entire Islam is based on self claim of a person who said to have received revelations from god.
Muhammad's revelations: no eye witness
The angel messenger: no eye witness
The chapter's order of Quran is totally a mess.
And yet everything in Quran is Divine!!
Another case of pot calling kettle black.
My response was:
"christian" claim that their god is same as the god of jews, but they also claim that their god came as a man to die for the sins of humans including gentiles. This is an extra ordinary claim.
Who needs to produce more evidence?
Muslims who claim that they worship the same God who created Adam and who retains the same nature as accepted by Jews or the "christians" who have given a completely new "look" to God?
Those who make extra ordinary claim have to produce extra ordinary evidence to support their claim.
Jesus NEVER made any direct claim to divinity.
**** I am not sure why Turkey banned the program. A simple answer would be any program that insults any "god" of any people is offensive. Therefore, these should be banned.
**** You correctly say that
"Therefore not just Christians say their god is the same god of Jews and Muslims but many Muslims think so."
But Shamma and Paul WV don't agree with you.
I believe that GOD created the universe including the cosmos and mankind. GOD treats all creation fairly and all humans have equal access to GOD irrespective of their race, tribe, colour or nation.
GOD does not hate Jews or Gentiles.
I also believe that the "god" in the OT is an "edited" or "corrected" interpretation of GOD who created everything including the cosmos and mankind. This I believe is to justify the Jewish claim that GOD favours them above others.
I also believe that "Christians" mistakenly worship this "edited" god (who hates gentiles) in the form of a Jewish man called Jesus.
The language problem is minimum, but it's no the issue, it's your way of thinking that is not functional and doesn't allow any confrontation.

My post was crystal clear, I have only left out the divinity of Jesus. What's the point to highlight to me he never said to be divine? I don't care anything about him. Even if you find a Gospel that reports Jesus claiming divinity your answer would be the Gospel was made up. So? Have no idea what the Nazarene has said when he was alive, but from the canonical Gospels is evident he was not god.

The case in Turkey is crystal clear as well and you can read the reasons on the link I provided, so you don't have to find excuses in order to justify their actions. I know of many Muslims who believe their god is the same god of Christianity expect for Jesus that they consider a messenger of Allah and not god.

I don't know what Skeptic and Paul believe but their boss, the Pope admitted all three religions worship the same god, and so many people believe. It's the hate you have against eachother that make you reject the other god, rather that rational thinking.

Personally I think Jews believe in their god, Muslims in theirs, and Christians in their owns, with the only difference that the other two gods derived from YHVH (Jewish Scriptures) I also think that is absurd to believe in athropomorphic and anthropopatic god and attribute to such a fictional character the merit of the existence of the universe. If such a god exists, there is no point to reject, Jesus, Mithra, Zeus, Braham and alikes.
bmz

Singapore

#166468 Mar 9, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is there any god who sent revelations? According to you all god is perfect and has sent revelation to people. In the very moment you look at the so called holy texts you find mistakes and absurdities. Now either your god is perfect and he has no sent any revelation or your god is the ultimate joke.
You know well Quran says Allah sent messengers to all the nations. Useless forget it. If that is true Greeks had revelations as well, and your entire argument was destroyed by Quran.
The last time you discussed whether or not Greek language was unfit for holy scriptures, it turns out that you are pretty ignorant about Greek and their holy texts and that your brain is unfit to understand Greek.
Greek mitology was a Scripture? If you believe that Allah is god and that Quran is the word of god, then Zeus, Mithra, Brahma, The Nazarene are gods as well and their mithology can considered Scripture at par of Quran.
When did I say that Greek mythology was a scripture?

I had written this: " Do you think the Greek Mythology was Scripture? If you do, then you are a fool!

The Nazarene was just a man. He was turned into God by ignorant fools, who happened to be Romans and Greeks.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#166469 Mar 9, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Gospels freed man? You are crazy.
Gospels are like a drug store and turn an intelligent person into a drugged fool, who gets brainwashed with all absurdities and is unable to differentiate between right and wrong, and between truth and lies.
God's words cannot be full of hocus pocus and absurdities that fill the gospels. It was through these ridiculous books that Jesus was turned into a Moan God or a Man God.
The Gospels brought the truth of God from God to man on earth,
And you reject Gods words for a man that worshiped and murdered for a pagan moon god.

Muhammad's revelations are borrowed from other religions.
Muhammad had no relationship with the God of the Holy Bible
bmz

Singapore

#166470 Mar 9, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Why can you not understand.
I posted it all out for you to read and understand.
Mashiach means anointed one, the Messiah.
The king of the Jews.
The Jews are still waiting for him to come.
And restore the temple, bring peace in the world, and rule as king of the world.
You tell me why I should not call you stupid when you can't even understand post that explain things clearly to you?
You parade around on this post like a king with no clothes on, while everyone see your nakedness.
Even Colona mentioned you contradicted your self.
That is shameful!
Stop the slippery charade and show me the word Messiah in the Torah. That was the task given to you.

I know what Messiah means.

Also, where do you find in Jewish Scriptures the bullshit that Messiah was supposed to be a son of God, had to suffer, had to die and get up in three days? 
bmz

Singapore

#166471 Mar 9, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Einstein said that an idiot will keep doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result. You keep asking the same question over and over again expecting a different answer.
So, Son of Einstein, why don't you address and answer the following?

Who is right? The dumb Matthew in 28:19 or the ignorant fool Peter in Acts 2:38?

Spit it out! Both cannot be right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 5 min thetruth 4,505
Astrology and Paganism Thu Wolf 1
SHADOW PEOPLE... i need help (May '07) Jun 28 Friendly User17 348
News Ancient Spirituality and Commerce Clash in Mari El (Aug '10) Jun 25 yav1112 13
News Pastor: Church sign on Ramadan drew angry call,... Jun 20 The Prophet MO LIES 9
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) Jun 15 Jakes mom 112
News This Halloween, Think of Islam as a Religion of... May '16 Im a poet and I k... 2
More from around the web