Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 207,334

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#166352 Mar 8, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
This quote comes from Psalm 16:10.

See also Acts 2:25-32 and Acts 13:35-37.
On the road to Emmaus Jesus opened the Scriptures to His disciples and explained to them how they told of Him from the beginning.
http://bible.cc/psalms/16-10.htm
Most of the translations of of the Psalm 16 in the Christians' OT are twisted and distorted.

From the Jewish translation: "10. For You shall not forsake my soul to the grave; You shall not allow Your pious one to see the pit."

From Mechon Mamre: "For Thou wilt not abandon my soul to the nether-world; neither wilt Thou suffer Thy godly one to see the pit.

No "Holy One" in there. And that was not God but it was David, who was begging God.

Here is the forgery in King James Version: " For You will not leave my soul in Sheol,
Nor will You allow Your Holy One to see corruption."

At least NIV was honest: "because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead, nor will you let your faithful one see decay." (No Holy One or Jesus in here)

bmz

Singapore

#166353 Mar 8, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Because you are spiritually blind to Gods words in His Holy Bible.
If you want the truth then, I suggest you get down on your knee's and ask God to forgive you for you blasphemy of refuting to believe in His only begotten Son Jesus Christ, who God sent to suffer on the cross for your sins.
I just showed a comparison of Psalm 16:10 in the post above. No 'Holy One" in there.:

If God had really begotten Jesus, God would have declared, I have begotten Jesus from Mary" but
there is no statement from Jesus saying, "I am the begotten son of God" or "God begat me".

So, when Jesus did not say that he was the begotten son of God, how could others?

I have already said that God sending Jesus to suffer on the cross for others' sins, is rubbish and absurd. There was no need to do that.

God is loving. Right? Why would God do such a silly and stupid thing?

God can do anything. Right? So a loving God could have simply forgiven everybody's sins, instead of subjecting Jesus to a ridiculous shame.

The sending of Jesus to suffer for no valid reason, shows that your God is neither love nor loving..

bmz

Singapore

#166354 Mar 8, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Muslim own corrupted version of Adam and Eve stolen and Corrupted and placed in the Quran by Muhammad.
Stolen from Gods Holy Bible and corrupted and placed in the Quran by Muhammad.

The story of Adam and Eve is told in the Qur’an. Although it is similar in many ways to what is found in the surviving remnants of the previous scriptures, some important principles differ.
God announced to the angels that He was placing a new specie on earth. God created Adamp, fashioning him from clay. He breathed the soul into Adamp, taught him the names of all things, and created from the same soul his wife, Eve. God allowed them to dwell in Paradise with free will. God said to the angels,“Bow down to Adam”(They did so in a form of respect, not worship). Satan was present among the angels, though he was not one of them. He was of the jinn, a race of beings possessing free will that God created before Adamp from a smokeless flame of fire. When God ordered the angels and those in their company to bow down to Adamp, they all did so except Satan, who refused out of pride and arrogance, claiming to be better than Adamp because he was created from fire, whereas Adamp was created from clay. Indeed, Satan was the first racist.
Satan fell from God’s grace. God, The Reckoner, condemned him for his disobedience, but Satan, the accursed, asked God to give him respite until the Day of Judgment (resurrection), so he could make Adamp and his descendants unworthy. Satan said,“Verily I will mislead them and surely I will arouse in them vain desires.” God granted him this respite as a trial for humanity. God knows what Satan knows not. It is important to note that there is no way Satan could ever “war” with God, because just like everything else, he is God’s creation. Satan exists only by God’s will; he is completely under God’s power. If God did not want Satan or his helpers to exist, they would not be able to remain in existence for even a moment.
Islam does not give Satan any share of God’s divinity. It does not attribute to him any godlike or divine qualities. Islam rejects the notion that Satan went to war with God and took a third of the hosts of Heaven with him. Satan is an avowed enemy of humanity, but he is merely a creature, absolutely dependent upon God for his very existence.
Though prideful, accursed, and fallen from the grace of God, Satan serves a purpose. God wanted humans to have free choice between right and wrong. He granted human beings an innate ability to recognize The Creator and turn to Him. The human being is considered to be originally good by nature, born pure in the state of Islam (submission). Satan and his hosts order evil and oppose good, seeking to misguide humanity, his avowed enemy, into evil and idolatry, away from monotheism, righteousness, and the path of God. God, The All Wise, invites Muslims to enjoin good and forbid evil. Because we exercise free will, by resisting the temptation of Satan, humans can attain a great level of honor.
The following is a summary of the trial of Adam and Eve in Paradise: They enjoyed perfect freedom and happiness in Paradise. God told them to eat of the fruits of the Garden with pleasure and delight as they pleased. He forbade them from approaching one tree, and warned them that if they did, they will both be of the wrongdoers. Satan came and deceived them, saying that God only forbade them from eating of that tree because it would make them immortal or they would become like the angels. They were thus deceived by Satan and ate of the tree.
Satan never went to war against God. He rebelled. Adam and Eve made a mistake but God forgave them. God knew that Satan had deceived them.

Reference your tirade against Satan, you must know that Satan believes in God and knows God better than the Church. Once he knew that Jesus was not the son of God, he let Jesus go.

Under cross examination by Satan, Jesus refused twice to acknowledge that he was the son of God.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#166355 Mar 8, 2013
http://www.salon.com/2013/03/08/poll_support_...

Poll: Support for gay marriage up among Catholics

54 percent of Catholic voters say they support gay marriage

Location hidden

#166356 Mar 8, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of the translations of of the Psalm 16 in the Christians' OT are twisted and distorted.
From the Jewish translation: "10. For You shall not forsake my soul to the grave; You shall not allow Your pious one to see the pit."
From Mechon Mamre: "For Thou wilt not abandon my soul to the nether-world; neither wilt Thou suffer Thy godly one to see the pit.
No "Holy One" in there. And that was not God but it was David, who was begging God.
Here is the forgery in King James Version: " For You will not leave my soul in Sheol,
At least NIV was honest: "because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead, nor will you let your faithful one see decay." (No Holy One or Jesus in here)
Psalm 16:10

Kee, lo t'azov nafshi l'shoal
For you will not leave my soul to shoal (i.e the pit)

lo tetain hasdicha
you will not give the righteous

l'rot shachat
to see the end (i.e. decay)
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#166357 Mar 8, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I just showed a comparison of Psalm 16:10 in the post above. No 'Holy One" in there.:
If God had really begotten Jesus, God would have declared, I have begotten Jesus from Mary" but
there is no statement from Jesus saying, "I am the begotten son of God" or "God begat me".
So, when Jesus did not say that he was the begotten son of God, how could others?
I have already said that God sending Jesus to suffer on the cross for others' sins, is rubbish and absurd. There was no need to do that.
God can do anything. Right? So a loving God could have simply forgiven everybody's sins, instead of subjecting Jesus to a ridiculous shame.
The sending of Jesus to suffer for no valid reason, shows that your God is neither love nor loving..
Yeah, that Psalm is mistranslated like the koran is using book instead of revelations or scripture. That is all you do, when you are backed into a cornor you claim the text is mistranslated.
As man evolved he came to know God and wanted to give God the best he had, but nothing man had to offer God was worthy of God, so God gave man the only thing worthy of Him to offer back to Him. What was this that was worthy of Him? God Himself, Jesus!!!
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#166358 Mar 8, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Your argument is meaningless, since in Acts 2 and 13 the Christian community saw that it referred to Jesus and His resurrection. How did they come to know this? On the road to Emmaus Jesus opened the Scriptures to His disciples and explained how they refer to Him from the beginning.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#166359 Mar 8, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
http://www.salon.com/2013/03/0 8/poll_support_for_gay_marriag e_up_among_catholics/
Poll: Support for gay marriage up among Catholics
54 percent of Catholic voters say they support gay marriage
what is the population size for Catholics?

What was the sample size?

Was it 100?

Location hidden

#166360 Mar 8, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
what is the population size for Catholics?
What was the sample size?
Was it 100?
Again, you dont like the outcome so you attack the methods.

There is a science behind statistical sampling.

Of course that would not apply to you.

Location hidden

#166361 Mar 8, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Your argument is meaningless, since in Acts 2 and 13 the Christian community saw that it referred to Jesus and His resurrection. How did they come to know this? On the road to Emmaus Jesus opened the Scriptures to His disciples and explained how they refer to Him from the beginning.
Doesnt address the fact you use a lousy (or dishonest) translation.

Ironically Jesus would never have this problem - He spoke Aramaic - an offshoot of Hebrew.

be like Jesus
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#166362 Mar 8, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You need to get your eyes examined rabbee, you don't read to well.
Your response to my post has nothing to do with what you have posted to me.
Are you a born Jew rabbe?
Why is it rabbee, you being living in The Torah cannot see the wonder, and beauty and the good works of God He performs out side of The Torah?
rabbee: then maybe you need, your head examined. there is a link between, everything that is, everything happening and G-D. the world does not do as you say, it does as G-D already said.

this world that does not cooperate with G-D, shall not cooperate with each other. this world that argues against G-D, shall always argue against each other. this world that defames G-D, shall defame each other. this world that wars against HEAVEN, shall war against each other. this cancerous world against G-D, is the cause of your cancer and all other illness. the more illness this world has, the sicker you are against G-D.

TheTorah does not describe me, as either jewish, christian, muslem, or any other kind of falsified pagan religion not true to HaShem G-D. TheBoth of Us are Adam, Who G-D had put to death on the tree and then returned seperated. just exactly like it says, forever here in TheLivingTorah. The Our Name is not jesus, it is Adam.

quit trying to call, the both of us as jesus. your are confusing yourself and everyone around you with that fake name. HaShem G-D is giving TheWhole living Torah again, and we and your grandmother as chaooah are all here in IT thrice again.

and this would be a lot more beautiful, if you all were not so ugly looking against G-D. and this whole world against G-D, is not as wonderful as your delusion believes. your choosing to not be true to G-D here in TheTorah, in every way possible is the uglies. that only results in more and more, pestilence, plague, and famine.
i do not belong to any of your false, religious factions. i belong, to G-D Only. i am TheHisSon Adam, TheMaleChild, returned after G-D had Adam put to death. so that we both, adam and chaooah could be returned seperated individually.

and this is happened again, because we are all still here in TheStory of ThePhysical Creation called TheTorah, aka - TheBook of Life. as we have traveled around from the last time, from day one to this near end of day six again.

and so with or without all of you and your grandmother as chaooah, i shall obviously do this again, in the very next Torot Time again. because you have all failed, to be here in ThisStory of ThePhysical Living Creation again. because you are all, worshiping other g-d/s. and have all rejected, TheG-D of TheLiving Torah here in IT again.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#166363 Mar 8, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesnt address the fact you use a lousy (or dishonest) translation.
Ironically Jesus would never have this problem - He spoke Aramaic - an offshoot of Hebrew.
be like Jesus
Says you, or bmz or both? I hardly think of you guys as being expert translators. I will stick with those that have been approved of by the Catholic Church.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#166364 Mar 8, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the name of this all important angel!!!
rabbee: it has always, been Meechael. and it won't change no matter how many times, G-D gives this same Story of Creation again.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#166365 Mar 8, 2013
it is hard to believe, that this whole world is sooo incredably stupid. that not even one person, can figure out. figure out what living story, we are all here in. from TheG-D of Forever, of Only and Always TheTorah. as this most simple logical deduction, eludes you all.

Location hidden

#166366 Mar 8, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Says you, or bmz or both? I hardly think of you guys as being expert translators. I will stick with those that have been approved of by the Catholic Church.
Well, for one thing I can understand Hebrew, and you can't

And, BMZ, an Arabic speaker, can follow what I say, since it is very similar

You, on the other hand, can not read Hebrew.

Ironically, there are many learned Christian clergy that CAN understand Hebrew. I know that for a fact because I know at least one Hebrew teacher who teaches at a seminary, and there are multiple books available that are marketed as Hebrew for Christians (usually BY Christians). Plus, there is an entire educational industry in Israel for Christians to this end as well.

AND I WOULD VENTURE THAT 100% OF ANY OF THESE PEOPLE WOULD NOT ONLY AGREE WITH MY EARLIER POST BUT WOULD ALSO CONSIDER YOU A TOTAL FOOL.

sorry - I tell it as it is

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#166367 Mar 8, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no need for you play God.
God is real.

A voice from heaven - A voice from God. This was probably heard by all who were present. This voice, or sound, was repeated on the mount of transfiguration, Matthew 17:5; Luke 9:35-36; 2 Peter 1:17. It was also heard just before his death, and was then supposed by many to be thunder, John 12:25-30. It was a public declaration that Jesus was the Messiah.

My beloved Son - This is the title which God himself gave to Jesus. It denotes the nearness of his relation to God, and the love of God for him, Hebrews 1:2. It implies that he was equal with God, Hebrews 1:5-8; John 10:29-33; John 19:7. The term "Son" is expressive of love of the nearness of his relation to God, and of his dignity and equality with God.

I am well pleased - or, I am ever delighted. The language implies that he was constantly or uniformly well pleased with him; and in this solemn and public manner he expressed his approbation of him as the Redeemer of the world.

The baptism of Jesus has usually been regarded as a striking manifestation of the doctrine of the Trinity, or the doctrine that there are three Persons in the divine nature:

(1) there is the Person of "Jesus Christ," the Son of God, baptized in Jordan, elsewhere declared to be equal with God, John 10:30.

(2) the Holy Spirit descending in a bodily form upon the Saviour. The Holy Spirit is also equal with the Father, or is also God, Acts 5:3-4.

(3) the Father, addressing the Son, and declaring that He was well pleased with him.

It is impossible to explain this transaction consistently in any other way than by supposing that there are three equal Persons in the divine nature or essence, and that each of these sustains an important part in the work of redeeming people.

You know the truth that Jesus is the Son of God, but you cannot bring your self to say it because you are a Muslim.

Location hidden

#166368 Mar 8, 2013

Location hidden

#166369 Mar 8, 2013
Those are all Christian sites.

Not everyone is as lazy and foolish as PaulWV

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#166370 Mar 8, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
On what higher consul above God do you base your reason and logic?
No matter what God did and said you disagree with Gods decisions.

Explain who that consul you confide with that you believe is above God?
Eric

Wheaton, IL

#166371 Mar 8, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, really?

For you will not abandon me to Sheol, nor let your faithful servant see the pit.

http://bible.catholic.net/home.php...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Satanists Unveil Design for Statehouse Statue (Jan '14) 1 hr Big Log 17
torn sash 10 hr Wanderinsoul 1
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) Dec 10 God worships Sin ... 14,477
Student expelled for casting a spell (Jan '14) Nov 22 Stay6c 6
Is reincarnation real?? (Feb '11) Nov '14 holysupremacy 70
Looking to correspond with Pagan's Nov '14 GordonM 1
drawing with pen Nov '14 scribbles 1
More from around the web