Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 202,017

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#166088 Mar 5, 2013
Christian wrote:
<quoted text>

The whole Universe and everything in it was created by him and everything and everyone is subjected to His will.
What do you mean by the terms UNIVERSE? WILL? GOD CREATED THE UNIVERSE?

Can you outline the mechanism of creation from nothing giving all the logical steps?

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#166089 Mar 5, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
If some one "having mental sickness" can bring a book like Quran....then world needs "many such sick people"!!
Why not try your hand (you whom I presume are not mentally sick) and bring something like Chapter 112 of Quran.
A very short chapter, just four short verses, 17 Arabic words all simple monosyllabic.
Why waste time in such long arguments?
Let me highlight few key points here:

1)The main point was how it was possible to WARQA to identify the angel having no clue?

2)Muhammad and his mental illness was just an option since a angel that doesn't introduce himself, scare him to death, and give uncomplete message, it's weird to believe, so either he made things up or he suffered of some mental illness. Even if someone suffers of mental illness it does not mean he's not smart.

3) Your challenge doesn't make any sense. For a Muslim Quran is perfect, for a Christian the Bible is perfect for a Lakers supporter the Lakers is the dream team. Each of you think to be right, but all fail to see the flaws of its own book or team ect. Any of you fall in subjectivism. In fact the Quran is a pretty mediocre book.

4) You have no explained how come chapter 95th, that according to you and/or Islamic history, was the first revelation and is not put on the first chapter?

The fact you have no addressed your answer to any of the points I made in my post, and the fact you changed the argument with the baseless challenge is a sign you prove I was right then
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#166090 Mar 5, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you sure?
I am a little slow on the uptake here.
That explains the stupidity factor.
Frijoles---I am a little slow on the uptake here.That explains the stupidity factor.

HughBe--- Correct,dear.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#166091 Mar 5, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Explain your self?
You are talking in Riddles.
I explained that to you already.
I gave you the specifics on that issue, and the Bible it self explains what that assignment is.
Where are heading with this Hughbe?
What is goal?
To do what?
Shamma---Explain your self?

HughBe---I want to to list ALL the assignments given to Paul by the other apostles. The bible tells us that his job and assignments were from Jesus.

Shamma--You are talking in Riddles.

HughBe--- Reread my words below in their context and it should become clear.

Shamma--I explained that to you already.

HughBe-- please do so again.

Shamma--I gave you the specifics on that issue, and the Bible it self explains what that assignment is.

HughBe--- I need help so cite the passages and then explain them.

Shamma--Where are heading with this Hughbe?

HughBe--- The only way to go i.e. to the word of God

Shamma--What is goal?

HughBe--- To share LIGHT

Shamma---To do what?

HughBe--- To make the BLIND see

REREAD

Paul wrote---At the Council of Jerusalem, Acts 15, the leaders of the Catholic Church blessed St Paul's mission to the gentiles and gave him advise on what he should require of his converts.

Shamma---Paul did not need teaching from the Apostles. Paul was instructed by Jesus.

HughBe--- I believe that it will be instructive if you reread my words with care.
Here are some of them, "NEITHER WAS I(Paul) TAUGHT it(gospel), but by the revelation of Jesus Christ."
"I immediately prepared to do this work WITHOUT asking for ADVICE or HELP from anyone"

Shamma---That fell under the assignment of what Paul was to receive from the Apostles.

HughBe--- Please specify the assignment or assignments that Paul received from the apostles.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#166092 Mar 5, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles---I am a little slow on the uptake here.That explains the stupidity factor.
HughBe--- Correct,dear.
I hope you wear a mask while cleaning.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#166093 Mar 5, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you wear a mask while cleaning.

HughBe--- Correct,dear.

Frijoles---I hope you wear a mask while cleaning.

HughBe--- In your case there is NEVER anything to clean. Understand?
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#166094 Mar 5, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean by the terms UNIVERSE? WILL? GOD CREATED THE UNIVERSE?
Can you outline the mechanism of creation from nothing giving all the logical steps?
rabbee: in the beguinning there were no microcomputers, but then robert noyce and gordon more said let there be intel. and so it was created from the nothing then, to all the something it is today.

and on the evening dawn of the second day, there were no efficient programs so bill gates and paul allen, said let there be microsoft.

these are only a couple of analogy examples, of the something that did not exist before, to all the things that do exist today.

this even if some could argue that, robert noyce and gordon more - bill gates and paul allen, are angels under the supervision of G-D somehow.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#166095 Mar 5, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
All of you are equally bad and dishonest.
God the Father, God the Mother, God the Brother, God the Daughter, God the Janitor and so on. You guys have a complete God clan there.
Matthew 28:19 is a fraud and forgery. You cannot deny that fact. Everywhere, folks back then, weer baptized in Jesus' name. Check out Acts and check out Paul.
If you were baptized in the three names, you were simply baptized into apostasy. Period!
Dismissed!
Why are we dishonest when God reveals Himself in more dimensions than one?

Muslims are afraid to accept God as he really reveals Himself for it would destroy Muhammad as a prophet.

And that is being dishonest by keeping God in a lesser form than God is.

Location hidden

#166096 Mar 5, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Consciousness is closely united with energy in the unified field.
So, consciousness and energy that form a unified field are the obverse and reverse sides of one reality - one cannot exist without the other, with both acting in tandem.
Joe, get a hold of your self.
Your are blowing smoke our of your ass.
Energy is an unseen created substance separate from consciousnesses.

In physics, energy is an indirectly observed quantity which comes in many forms, such as kinetic energy, potential energy, radiant energy, and many others; which are listed in this summary article. This is a major topic in science and technology and this article gives an overview of its major aspects, and provides links to the many specific articles about energy in its different forms and contexts.

The question "what is energy?" is difficult to answer in a simple, intuitive way, although energy can be rigorously defined in theoretical physics. In the words of Richard Feynman, "It is important to realize that in physics today, we have no knowledge what energy is. We do not have a picture that energy comes in little blobs of a definite amount.".[1]

However, it is clear that energy is always an indispensable prerequisite for performing mechanical work, and the concept has great importance in natural science. The natural basic units in which energy is measured are those used for mechanical work; they always are equivalent to a unit of force multiplied by a unit of length. Other equivalent units for energy are mass units multiplied by velocity units squared.

Consciousness is of the human condition
of what constitutes a "person".[4][5] It has been defined as humans' capacity for 'good' and 'evil'.[6]

, as it says in Genesis in the Bible, having ‘take[n]’ the ‘fruit…from the tree of knowledge’(3:3, 2:17) that was ‘desirable for gaining wisdom’(3:6)–that is, become fully conscious, thinking, knowledge-

The existentialist psychotherapist Irvin D. Yalom has identified what he refers to as the four "givens" or ultimate concerns of human existence - concerns with meaning, loneliness, freedom and mortality.[7] Yalom argues with Sartre that man is "condemned to freedom", and must face his ultimate aloneness, the lack of any unquestionable ground of meaning, and ultimate mortality.

Your problem Joe, is you are trying to escape reality and there is no escape from reality.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#166097 Mar 5, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe---I want to to list ALL the assignments given to Paul by the other apostles. The bible tells us that his job and assignments were from Jesus.
Shamma--I gave you the specifics on that issue, and the Bible it self explains what that assignment is.
Shamma--What is goal?
HughBe--- To share LIGHT
Shamma---To do what?
HughBe--- I believe that it will be instructive if you reread my words with care.
Here are some of them, "NEITHER WAS I(Paul) TAUGHT it(gospel), but by the revelation of Jesus Christ."
"I immediately prepared to do this work WITHOUT asking for ADVICE or HELP from anyone"
Shamma---That fell under the assignment of what Paul was to receive from the Apostles.
HughBe--- Please specify the assignment or assignments that Paul received from the apostles.
"I immediately prepared to do this work WITHOUT asking for ADVICE or HELP from anyone". Did St Paul wait for advice or help from anyone when he first began to preach? No. He went out and preached the Word of God given him by the Holy Spirit. Now, later after people began to question his teachings he went to the leaders of the Catholic Church and obtained their blessing and their advice on how to proceed with his preaching to the gentiles. Read Acts 15 and read it again till you understand what is going on in it.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#166098 Mar 5, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>

Joe, get a hold of your self.
Your are blowing smoke our of your ass.
Energy is an unseen created substance separate from consciousnesses.
In physics, energy is an indirectly observed quantity which comes in many forms, such as kinetic energy, potential energy, radiant energy, and many others; which are listed in this summary article. This is a major topic in science and technology and this article gives an overview of its major aspects, and provides links to the many specific articles about energy in its different forms and contexts.
The question "what is energy?" is difficult to answer in a simple, intuitive way, although energy can be rigorously defined in theoretical physics. In the words of Richard Feynman, "It is important to realize that in physics today, we have no knowledge what energy is. We do not have a picture that energy comes in little blobs of a definite amount.".[1]
However, it is clear that energy is always an indispensable prerequisite for performing mechanical work, and the concept has great importance in natural science. The natural basic units in which energy is measured are those used for mechanical work; they always are equivalent to a unit of force multiplied by a unit of length. Other equivalent units for energy are mass units multiplied by velocity units squared.
Consciousness is of the human condition
of what constitutes a "person".[4][5] It has been defined as humans' capacity for 'good' and 'evil'.[6]
, as it says in Genesis in the Bible, having ‘take[n]’ the ‘fruit…from the tree of knowledge’(3:3, 2:17) that was ‘desirable for gaining wisdom’(3:6)–that is, become fully conscious, thinking, knowledge-
The existentialist psychotherapist Irvin D. Yalom has identified what he refers to as the four "givens" or ultimate concerns of human existence - concerns with meaning, loneliness, freedom and mortality.[7] Yalom argues with Sartre that man is "condemned to freedom", and must face his ultimate aloneness, the lack of any unquestionable ground of meaning, and ultimate mortality.
Your problem Joe, is you are trying to escape reality and there is no escape from reality.
You're very intelligent, Sham!

Location hidden

#166099 Mar 5, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Shamma--What is goal?
HughBe--- To share LIGHT
Shamma---To do what?
Acts 9
English Standard Version (ESV)

9 But Saul, still breathing threats and murder against the disciples of the Lord, went to the high priest 2 and asked him for letters to the synagogues at Damascus, so that if he found any belonging to the Way, men or women, he might bring them bound to Jerusalem. 3 Now as he went on his way, he approached Damascus, and suddenly a light from heaven shone around him. 4 And falling to the ground he heard a voice saying to him,“Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?”

5 And he said,“Who are you, Lord?” And he said,“I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. 6 But rise and enter the city, and you will be told what you are to do.”
7 The men who were traveling with him stood speechless, hearing the voice but seeing no one. 8 Saul rose from the ground, and although his eyes were opened, he saw nothing. So they led him by the hand and brought him into Damascus. 9 And for three days he was without sight, and neither ate nor drank.

10 Now there was a disciple at Damascus named Ananias. The Lord said to him in a vision,“Ananias.” And he said,“Here I am, Lord.” 11 And the Lord said to him,“Rise and go to the street called Straight, and at the house of Judas look for a man of Tarsus named Saul, for behold, he is praying, 12 and he has seen in a vision a man named Ananias come in and lay his hands on him so that he might regain his sight.”

15 But the Lord said to him,“Go, for he is a chosen instrument of mine to carry my name before the Gentiles and kings and the children of Israel.
16 For I will show him how much he must suffer for the sake of my name.”

17 So Ananias departed and entered the house. And laying his hands on him he said,“Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus who appeared to you on the road by which you came has sent me so that you may regain your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit.”

18 And immediately something like scales fell from his eyes, and he regained his sight. Then he rose and was baptized; 19 and taking food, he was strengthened.

Read 15 and 16
Jesus showed Paul all he has to know about Jesus to preach in the name of Jesus.

The meaning is "I will show him" is that all that Jesus taught him to preach will cause Paul to suffer death for preaching what Jesus taught him to preach.

Paul was personally blessed with wisdom and understanding given to him by Jesus.
So Paul didn't need to be taught by the other Apostles as what to preach about Jesus.

Location hidden

#166100 Mar 5, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
You're very intelligent, Sham!
Thank you.
Have a nice day.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#166101 Mar 5, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>

Thank you.

Have a nice day.
You're most welcome (smiles).
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#166102 Mar 5, 2013
Good night.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#166103 Mar 5, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Why are we dishonest when God reveals Himself in more dimensions than one?
Muslims are afraid to accept God as he really reveals Himself for it would destroy Muhammad as a prophet.
We can't accept your absurd Triune God aka Trinity.

God never revealed himself as a man or a woman or a lamb or a donkey. So, please cut the nonsense that God revealed himself as Jesus.

You have already made yourself a lesser God. Either Jesus was dishonest or the Church was. Your choice!

It is shameful and disgraceful to equate Jesus, a failed man, with God.

Trinity is the biggest Horse Shit since 460 AD.
bmz

Singapore

#166104 Mar 5, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Acts 9
English Standard Version (ESV)
9 But Saul, still breathing threats and murder against the disciples of the Lord, went to the high priest 2 and asked him for letters to the synagogues at Damascus, so that if he found any belonging to the Way, men or women, he might bring them bound to Jerusalem. 3 Now as he went on his way, he approached Damascus, and suddenly a light from heaven shone around him. 4 And falling to the ground he heard a voice saying to him,“Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?”
5 And he said,“Who are you, Lord?” And he said,“I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. 6 But rise and enter the city, and you will be told what you are to do.”
7 The men who were traveling with him stood speechless, hearing the voice but seeing no one. 8 Saul rose from the ground, and although his eyes were opened, he saw nothing. So they led him by the hand and brought him into Damascus. 9 And for three days he was without sight, and neither ate nor drank.
10 Now there was a disciple at Damascus named Ananias. The Lord said to him in a vision,“Ananias.” And he said,“Here I am, Lord.” 11 And the Lord said to him,“Rise and go to the street called Straight, and at the house of Judas look for a man of Tarsus named Saul, for behold, he is praying, 12 and he has seen in a vision a man named Ananias come in and lay his hands on him so that he might regain his sight.”
15 But the Lord said to him,“Go, for he is a chosen instrument of mine to carry my name before the Gentiles and kings and the children of Israel.
16 For I will show him how much he must suffer for the sake of my name.”
17 So Ananias departed and entered the house. And laying his hands on him he said,“Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus who appeared to you on the road by which you came has sent me so that you may regain your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit.”
18 And immediately something like scales fell from his eyes, and he regained his sight. Then he rose and was baptized; 19 and taking food, he was strengthened.
Read 15 and 16
Jesus showed Paul all he has to know about Jesus to preach in the name of Jesus.
The meaning is "I will show him" is that all that Jesus taught him to preach will cause Paul to suffer death for preaching what Jesus taught him to preach.
Paul was personally blessed with wisdom and understanding given to him by Jesus.
So Paul didn't need to be taught by the other Apostles as what to preach about Jesus.
Fiction! How can you believe cock and bull story, when Jesus did not even speak a word about Paul to his disciples and never met Paul at all.
bmz

Singapore

#166105 Mar 5, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Why are we dishonest when God reveals Himself in more dimensions than one?
Do you even know what dimension is?

God can be in any dimension but it has to God, not a man or an animal. No one has seen God. Period!
bmz

Singapore

#166106 Mar 5, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Give the reference, please.
Spend some time, search and read.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#166107 Mar 5, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Spend some time, search and read.
Why do you lie constantly? I heard it's okay for muslims to lie if they can trap someone into chains of islam.

Now give a reference to the claim you made and also the definition I've been waiting on for days.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pagan caught performing naked ritual with teena... (Nov '12) Sep 8 Kathwynn 14
Bloomfield woman behind Ten Commandments monume... Sep 7 Kathwynn 2
Who exactly was Gjoub, and should I trust him? (Mar '09) Sep 1 Kathwynn 503
SHADOW PEOPLE... i need help (May '07) Aug 25 Only1Likeme212 347
Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe Aug 25 Ernie 117
Pagan community northern kentucky? (Nov '12) Aug 25 scorpion123 27
Reagan appointee sides with Wiccans: NM town mu... Aug 20 Kathwynn 5
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••