Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 252826 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#165985 Mar 4, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Arabic may be close to Hebrew or to Zulu but what does it matter when Arabic has made a big mess in describing the reality as seen in the gibberish in the Quran?
Not one line from the Quran can be considered original or profound and befitting of a text dealing with cosmic existence in its gross and subtle aspects.
As in the past as well as in the present, Arabic is the language of the barbaric masses in the Middle East and elsewhere where it's spoken.
Fool, language means nothing, content is everything and it goes without saying that Arabic lacks both substance as well as style and is the lingo of ignorance and savagery.
Idiot,

You are totally off-topic, clueless fool!

The point is that revelations for Judaism and Islam came in Hebrew and Arabic. Nothing was revealed in Greek or Sanskrit.

You don't know a word of Hebrew and Arabic, so how can you comprehend and capture the beauty of those languages?
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#165986 Mar 4, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiot,
The point is that revelations for Judaism and Islam came in Hebrew and Arabic. Nothing was revealed in Greek or Sanskrit.
You don't know a word of Hebrew and Arabic, so how can you comprehend and capture the beauty of those languages?
St Paul, apostle and prophet to the gentiles, wrote in Greek. So you are wrong once again.
bmz

Singapore

#165988 Mar 4, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
St Paul, apostle and prophet to the gentiles, wrote in Greek. So you are wrong once again.
Again, you write without reading and understanding what I wrote.

Everything of Christianity was written in Greek and I have said many times that it is a very poor and a crude language, which is unfit for a scripture. The Jews do not have scrolls in Greek. OK?

If your scripture had been written by Jesus' Hebrew speaking Jews, there would have been no absurdities such as the silly doctrines, the triune God, God-in-flesh, etc., and there would have been
no Christianity.

At worst, you would have been a sect of Judaism.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#165989 Mar 4, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you write without reading and understanding what I wrote.
Everything of Christianity was written in Greek and I have said many times that it is a very poor and a crude language, which is unfit for a scripture. The Jews do not have scrolls in Greek. OK?
If your scripture had been written by Jesus' Hebrew speaking Jews, there would have been no absurdities such as the silly doctrines, the triune God, God-in-flesh, etc., and there would have been
no Christianity.
At worst, you would have been a sect of Judaism.
You say Greek is unfit for Scripture and yet God chose to use it.

St Paul, apostle, prophet and messenger to the gentiles, wrote in Greek. It is arabic that is unfit for scripture since words can be twisted to mean anything you want; for example, you say book in arabic can mean revelations or scripture. What a useless lanuage. The original koran, that speaks of the three goddesses, did not have any punctuation marks that were only later added by scribes who could have twisted it any way they wished.
bmz

Singapore

#165990 Mar 4, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
You say Greek is unfit for Scripture and yet God chose to use it.
St Paul, apostle, prophet and messenger to the gentiles, wrote in Greek. It is arabic that is unfit for scripture since words can be twisted to mean anything you want; for example, you say book in arabic can mean revelations or scripture. What a useless lanuage. The original koran, that speaks of the three goddesses, did not have any punctuation marks that were only later added by scribes who could have twisted it any way they wished.
God never revealed anything in Greek. Foreigners wrote about Jesus and Christianity.

The language that Jesus spoke, was different.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#165991 Mar 4, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Same old story rabbee you are are trapped in The Torah.
But you can not tell the deference between right and wrong rabbeee.
You express the mind of the narcissistic Muslim mad man Muhammad.
Read your own post rabbeee.
You are imitating Muhammad.
rabbee: well you are also traped here, in TheTorah Happening. as your mental denial, does not meet with the physical condition. and if you are lying about, being here in TheStory of ThePhysical Creation. then everything else you have to say, is nothing but a lie. so you are full of your own, narcissistic horse-man-ur. because you pretend, you are too good to be Physically here in TheTorah Happening again. as you do not think, your stinking stuff stinks.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#165992 Mar 4, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
God never revealed anything in Greek. Foreigners wrote about Jesus and Christianity.
You think because you say something makes it true. The NT was written in Greek proving you don't have a clue what you are talking about. St Paul, a Jew, was an apostle, prophet and messenger to the gentiles.

Let's talk about how in accurate a language arabic is. What are the arabic words for book, revealations and scripture?
uhuh

Spain

#165993 Mar 4, 2013
Once a disputation happened between the apostles and the other Jews on the Temple steps. Saul entered with some men inciting the people to raise an uproar, shouting "What are you waiting for people? Let us rip them to pieces". Thus in the midst of the fighting and confusion Saul the enemy pushed off James, the brother of Jesus, headlong from the top of the stairs.
-Recognitions of Clement

Paul, damien omen
uhuh

Spain

#165994 Mar 4, 2013
Shamma wrote:
The letters of Paul were sent to the Churches that were already built. It does not matter that the Gospels were written later.
Paul never quoted from the gospels, the things Jesus said and done, even in places where it would be most appropriate to insert them in his letters
proof that the gospels did not exist yet, NOT EVEN IN ORAL FORM
so which gospel he had in mind when he said "according to my Gospel" (Rom 2:16), "according to the Gospel which was entrusted to me" (1Tim 1:11)

"I have been entrusted with the GOSPEL OF THE FORESKIN" (Gal 2:7), euangelion tes akrobustia

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#165995 Mar 4, 2013
uhuh wrote:
<quoted text>
2Kings 2:11 said that Elijah was taken up to shamayim
it's only after clueless "John" wrote: No man has ascended up to heaven except the Son of Man (John 3:13), that christians had to revise back this concept of previous prophets' ascension to Heaven and they came up with this nonsense of locked gate of Heaven, righteous souls in a dark Hell etc.
so now they say that the whirlwind only took Elijah to another location on earth lol
Muslims treat sin lightly but God does not.

It is that simple.
uhuh

Spain

#165996 Mar 4, 2013
Thomas Jefferson's assessment of christianity,

"A short time elapsed after the death of the great reformer of the Jewish religion before his principles were perverted and adulterated" (1810)
"Paul was the great Coryphaeus, the first corrupter of the doctrines of Jesus" (1820)

Location hidden

#165997 Mar 4, 2013
uhuh wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul never quoted from the gospels, the things Jesus said and done, even in places where it would be most appropriate to insert them in his letters
proof that the gospels did not exist yet, NOT EVEN IN ORAL FORM
so which gospel he had in mind when he said "according to my Gospel" (Rom 2:16), "according to the Gospel which was entrusted to me" (1Tim 1:11)
"I have been entrusted with the GOSPEL OF THE FORESKIN" (Gal 2:7), euangelion tes akrobustia
Paul taught the same Gospels that all the Apostles preached and taught about Jesus.
The death and resurrection of Gods Son Jesus.

Location hidden

#165998 Mar 4, 2013
uhuh wrote:
Once a disputation happened between the apostles and the other Jews on the Temple steps. Saul entered with some men inciting the people to raise an uproar, shouting "What are you waiting for people? Let us rip them to pieces". Thus in the midst of the fighting and confusion Saul the enemy pushed off James, the brother of Jesus, headlong from the top of the stairs.
-Recognitions of Clement
Paul, damien omen
In your story, I detect an inner feeling of your resentment of the Apostle Paul

Christians have a personal relationship God, Muslims don't.
Muslims want to kill Christians because God loves Christians and God
dwells inside the heart of Christians.
God loves Muslims, but Muslims are not willing to accept God as their Father.

Location hidden

#165999 Mar 4, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
So, what according to you, as a Christian, is the nature of the reality?
Please don't quote some bull shit verse from ignorant scriptures like the Tanakh or the NT.
Talk in terms of causation, conservation, unity in variety, nondualism, unified field, consciousness, energy, matter and the like.
God.

Location hidden

#166000 Mar 4, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiot,
You are an example of the stupidity of that language.

God is not stupid that He should speak only in one language.
When God say we should speak with one voice, it is meant we should not allow evil to have a voice in our lives.
Qadir mengal

Islamabad, Pakistan

#166001 Mar 4, 2013
Life of Mohammad(saw) And Mary(ru) Including Trinity.

(Those who interested in life of Mohammad as a prophet or other wise and life of Mary –Jesus including Trinity come and visit the thread” Qadir mengal Miss understanding islam”An important series about the life of Mohammad(saw) has been started, from page 33 of topix of this series,
Post no, 1,2,3,4,5,6,of this series have come on page 33 of Miss understanding islam, while post number 7,8,9,9-a,and10,11,to 18 have appeared on page no, 34 of this thread i,e miss understanding islam again post no 19 and 20 and others have appeared on page 35 to 37of this thread ,While series about Mary and trinity has come on page 38 and 39 of this thread.

. So as Qadir mengal also (insha Allah) will give you the answers about your questions and Queries about islam on this thread if you questioned him about islam.

What say Qadir Mengal in reply to these two Atheists, Igore trip and Dear to doubt,please go to thread (Qadir Mengal Miss understainding Islam) and find reply on page37.

DEAR TO DOUBT----------
The world changed but people didn’t. My last horse died a century ago and I now drive a car. We----------
We filled our houses with all sorts of gadgets but our minds have not changed. My religious friend is still a believer.---------
I have read the Bible and the Quran and both are full of so many absurdities and mistakes, both logical and factual that there is no way they can be true. Islam is just the word of one man.
A real God could do a lot better than that.
who="Igor Trip"] text>
Please explain why I should not believe these are the rantings of a madman.
(Note the text of Quran has not been carried properly)
22:19 These twain (the believers and the disbelievers) are two opponents who contend concerning their Lord. But as for those who disbelieve, garments of fire will be cut out for them; boiling fluid will be poured down on their heads,---------

44:43 Lo! the tree of Zaqqum,
44:44 The food of the sinner!
44:45 Like molten brass, it seetheth in their bellies
44:46 As the seething of boiling water.
44:47 (And it will be said): Take him and drag him to the midst of hell,
44:48 Then pour upon his head the torment of boiling water.
----------

sss
bmz

Singapore

#166002 Mar 4, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
You think because you say something makes it true. The NT was written in Greek proving you don't have a clue what you are talking about. St Paul, a Jew, was an apostle, prophet and messenger to the gentiles.
Let's talk about how in accurate a language arabic is. What are the arabic words for book, revealations and scripture?
Paul was not a Jew. He was a Roman. That Paul was a Jew, is rubbish. Had Paul been a Jew, pagans would not have accepted him. It was the Roman brand that worked.

Kitaab. Also, Wahi.
bmz

Singapore

#166003 Mar 4, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You are an example of the stupidity of that language.
God is not stupid that He should speak only in one language.
When God say we should speak with one voice, it is meant we should not allow evil to have a voice in our lives.
My point is that Greek is not God's scriptural language. That language is the culprit, which led to a massive confusion and you got the absurdity known as the Triune God, man God and God man, etc.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#166004 Mar 4, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>In your story, I detect an inner feeling of your resentment of the Apostle Paul
Christians have a personal relationship God, Muslims don't.
Muslims want to kill Christians because God loves Christians and God
dwells inside the heart of Christians.
God loves Muslims, but Muslims are not willing to accept God as their Father.
Please stop talking nonsense.
You read translations of translations of translations of copies of copies of copies of copies with more mistakes than the number of stars in the galaxy and talk about your personal non existent relationship with your invented god.
Your god can only be satan because if you understood Jesus in his OWN language you would have known that he NEVER wanted you to worship him.
If you understood Jesus in his OWN language you would have realised that he NEVER claimed divinity.

Until you can understand what Jesus said in his OWN language you should stop pumping your lies and misconceptions on others.
Shalom aleichem.

Location hidden

#166005 Mar 4, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
You have Muslim ignorance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 1 hr Eagle 12 4,473
News Ancient Spirituality and Commerce Clash in Mari El (Aug '10) Sat yav1112 13
News Pastor: Church sign on Ramadan drew angry call,... Jun 20 The Prophet MO LIES 9
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) Jun 15 Jakes mom 112
News This Halloween, Think of Islam as a Religion of... May '16 Im a poet and I k... 2
News Who Is Allah? (Jul '08) May '16 Joel 13,168
News Atheist billboard near Lincoln Tunnel scheduled... (Nov '10) May '16 Patrick 219
More from around the web