Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 253404 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

JOEL

Mumbai, India

#165892 Mar 3, 2013
"And I think God cannot be so foolish as the Christian priests are."

- OSHO
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#165893 Mar 3, 2013
"Never be a Christian - be a Christ! Never be a Buddhist - be a Buddha! Never be a Hindu - be a Krishna! And if you want to be a Krishna, Christ or Buddha, then you need not go into the scriptures and you need not ask the scholars: you will have to ask the mystics how to go in."

- OSHO
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#165894 Mar 3, 2013
"All the religions have been trying to keep humanity immature, juvenile, childish. They are all afraid that once humanity becomes mature then they will not be of any value; they will lose all luster. They will not be able to exploit a mature humanity; they can exploit only children."

- OSHO
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#165896 Mar 3, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>The Torah you are in rabbee is fictional.
It does not exist.
rabbee: only according to your own fictional, someone elses fictional mind.

and i would like some one, show me in TheWritten Torah. where G-D claimed, to of quit giving TheTorah here in IT again.

since only assuming we are not here in, TheSame Old Story again. is not sufficient mental only evidence, to support that adam and his mate are not actually physically here again.

since all you are doing, is denouncing G-D'S THE Version of this. with your own mental magic only version, that does not physically excuse from being here in IT.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#165898 Mar 3, 2013
"Now (after deconditioning) I have people who are ready to listen to the truth without any Jesus, any Krishna, any Buddha. I can now talk directly to you."

- OSHO
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#165899 Mar 3, 2013
JESUS - A CRACKPOT:

"Prayer is directed towards a mythological God, a fiction. Prayer is always directed outward. Meditation is an inward journey, not to some fiction but to your own reality. Enlightenment happens to those who come to realize their being - Jesus is still praying to a God, thinking still that he is the only begotten son of God - that proves him just to be a crackpot - thinking that after crucifixion God will raise him again, more luminous, glorious. But on the cross nothing happens. He is thirsty and he asks for water, and God cannot even give him a bottle of Coke. Frustrated, he shouts towards the sky,'Father, have you forsaken me?' The very word "father" shows that he is still a helpless child, he is not a mature person. He still needs a father figure, and is afraid perhaps the father has forsaken him. But now it is too late - he is crucified."

- OSHO
george whyte

London, UK

#165900 Mar 3, 2013
How can people still say "Religion of Peace" and keep a straight face?!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php...
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#165901 Mar 3, 2013
JESUS - A FALSE SAVIOR

"Jesus thought that he was the savior. No enlightened person has ever said that he can save anybody; he can only share his experience. Then to save yourself or not is your business. See the subtlety of the point: if somebody can save you, then even your being saved is not your freedom, it is dependent. What kind of saving is it?

Not a single enlightened man - Bodhidharma, Chuang Tzu, Basho, Nagarjuna - has ever said that he is a savior. All that he can say is,'I am saved, and I have an experience which you don't have. If you are ready, I can open my whole heart to you.' And then it is your decision to be saved or not saved."

- OSHO
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#165902 Mar 3, 2013
NO ONE CAN SAVE ANYONE:

"Nobody can save someone who does not want to be saved. And if somebody wants to be saved, he has to find the way himself. The enlightened person is just like a bird: he flies into the sky but leaves no footprints. You cannot follow him; you can simply see the joy, the freedom - that the whole sky is available to him.

Perhaps that may awaken in you a desire also.

Perhaps for the first time you will find that you also have wings. And if that bird can fly, why can't you fly? The function of the enlightened person is just to create the milieu in which you become aware of your wings, you become aware of your potentialities.

Jesus is not doing that. He is the shepherd and you are the sheep. No man has insulted humanity in such a way as Jesus has done. Enlightened people don't humiliate; in fact, they respect you because they can see your potential - if not today, then tomorrow you will be flying. If not tomorrow, then the day after tomorrow.

Time does not matter, because we are part of eternity. On both ends it is eternity. Time does not matter. When you start flying has no significance; flying has significance. But to tell you,'I am the shepherd and you are the sheep,' is to destroy your individuality; it is to destroy your freedom; it is to destroy your integrity; it is to destroy everything that is valuable; it is to reduce you from human beings to animals. An enlightened person raises you, helps you to rise to super-human beings. He does not make you sheep.

No, Jesus was not enlightened.

In fact, in the Judaic and Christian tradition the orthodox have never been enlightened.

Amongst Jews, there have been a few enlightened people, but they are not accepted by the orthodox Jews. Those are the Hassids - rare and really genuine people. But the orthodox will not accept them... and they are the only beauty that Judaism has created. The very flowering of Judaism is Hassidism, but it is rejected.

The enlightened person is bound to be rejected by every tradition. In Greek tradition you will hear about Aristotle, Plato, Plotinus, and so many other philosophers; but you will rarely see Heraclitus mentioned as an enlightened man, or Pythagoras, or even Socrates. But these are the people.... But the very word "enlightenment" does not exist in the Greek traditions.

The same is true in Mohammedanism.

Mohammed is not enlightened, and the orthodox tradition of Mohammedans rejects Sufi mystics who are enlightened: Jalaluddin Rumi, al-Hillaj Mansoor, Sarmad, Rabiya al-Adabiya. These people are not part of the traditional religion. They are rejected, condemned.

The same has been true all over the world.

But now it is time - I can tell you things directly. Rejoice that you are accepted as capable of hearing the truth."

- OSHO
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#165904 Mar 3, 2013
It's 2:30 am, here. It's time for a short rest (not sleep) and then I have some paper work to complete. Bye.
JOWL

Hurricane, WV

#165905 Mar 3, 2013
http://www.oshoworld.com/
Osho World: A Vision of an Enlightened Master

Excerpt:

"My old books are immensely important. Unless you understand them, you will not be able to understand me. But remember, it is a constant flow and change, so don't be bothered with inconsistencies, contradictions...

Napa, CA

#165906 Mar 3, 2013
Bleary wrote:
What does it matter what we think or say any longer. The Heavenly Father is imprisoned for his intended speech that would have revealed the fruits of his study into the matter of the Morons from Outer Space who have replaced our leader class all over the world. He apparently had mapped their progression from their original prison planet and their forced migration here when their homeworld determined that they were too destructive to be kept in close custody there and so should be sent here where we were innocently staggering about and screwing in the reek and filth.
`
What sre you talking about? The Holy Father in PRISON? He has published no research into the morons of yours. I mean, I guess that they could be morons from somewhere, but OUTER SPACE? Give me a break...these farts couldnt find their butts to wipe without a hunting dog and a map that would have to be read by a lobbyist. How do you know about this space stuff? Is there a site? COME ON about the reak and filth stuff. yeccch!
JOWL

Hurricane, WV

#165907 Mar 3, 2013
http://www.religioustolerance.org/rajneesh.ht...
Osho, formerly known as
Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh

In 1979, he saw his movement as the route to the preservation of the human race. He said:

"If we cannot create the 'new man' in the coming 20 years, then humanity has no future. The holocaust of a global suicide can only be avoided if a new kind of man can be created."
JOWL

Hurricane, WV

#165908 Mar 3, 2013
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_major_events_h...
What major events happened in 1999?

Answer:
January 1 - Euro is established.
February 11 - Pluto moves along its eccentric orbit further from the Sun than Neptune. It had been nearer than Neptune since 1979, and will become again in 2231.

March 12 - Hungary, Poland and the Czech Republic join NATO.

April 30 - Cambodia joins the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), bringing the total members to 10.

May 29 - Nigeria terminates military rule, and the Nigerian Fourth Republic is established with Olusegun Obasanjo as president.

June 12 - Texas Governor George W. Bush announces he will seek the Republican Party nomination for President of the United States.
August 11 - A total solar eclipse is seen in Europe and Asia.
September 14 - Kiribati, Nauru and Tonga join the United Nations.

October 12 - World population reaches 6 billion people, as the 6 billionth person (according to the UN) is born in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina.

December 20 - The sovereignty of Macau is transferred from the Portuguese Republic to the People's Republic of China after 422 years of Portuguese rule.

Romeoville, IL

#165909 Mar 3, 2013
Shamma wrote:
The fact that there are more than one 'heaven' can be shown by Psalm 115:16, "The heaven, even the heavens, are the LORD'S." There are obviously two different 'heavens' being addressed in this one verse.
Wow, where did you get this? What Hebrew words are you saying are singular and plural? The words are the same; both plural.

ha-shamayim shamayim HaShem vehaarets natan livnei-adam:

The heavens are the heavens of the L-RD; but the earth hath He given to the children of men.

Look at the various Christian versions. Only KJV says what you say.

New International Version (©1984)
The highest heavens belong to the L-RD, but the earth he has given to man.

New Living Translation (©2007)
The heavens belong to the L-RD, but he has given the earth to all humanity.

English Standard Version (©2001)
The heavens are the L-RD’s heavens, but the earth he has given to the children of man.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
The heavens are the heavens of the L-RD, But the earth He has given to the sons of men.

Holman Christian Standard Bible (©2009)
The heavens are the L-RD's, but the earth He has given to the human race.

International Standard Version (©2012)
The highest heavens belong to the L-RD, but he gave the earth to human beings.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
The heaven, even the heavens, are the L-RD'S: but the earth hath he given to the children of men.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
The Heaven of Heavens is L-rd and the Earth he has given to the children of men.

G-D'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
The highest heaven belongs to the L-RD, but he has given the earth to the descendants of Adam.

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
The heaven, even the heavens, are the L-RD'S: but the earth has he given to the children of men.

American King James Version
The heaven, even the heavens, are the L-RD's: but the earth has he given to the children of men.

American Standard Version
The heavens are the heavens of G-d; But the earth hath he given to the children of men.

Douay-Rheims Bible
The heaven of heaven is the L-rd's: but the earth he has given to the children of men.

Darby Bible Translation
The heavens are the heavens of G-d, but the earth hath he given to the children of men.

English Revised Version
The heavens are the heavens of the L-RD; but the earth hath he given to the children of men.

Webster's Bible Translation
The heaven, even the heavens, are the L-RD'S: but the earth hath he given to the children of men.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#165910 Mar 3, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: only according to your own fictional, someone elses fictional mind.
and i would like some one, show me in TheWritten Torah. where G-D claimed, to of quit giving TheTorah here in IT again.
since only assuming we are not here in, TheSame Old Story again. is not sufficient mental only evidence, to support that adam and his mate are not actually physically here again.
since all you are doing, is denouncing G-D'S THE Version of this. with your own mental magic only version, that does not physically excuse from being here in IT.
Same old story rabbee you are are trapped in The Torah.

But you can not tell the deference between right and wrong rabbeee.
You express the mind of the narcissistic Muslim mad man Muhammad.
Read your own post rabbeee.
You are imitating Muhammad.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#165912 Mar 3, 2013
JOWL wrote:
Hells bells, why should any of us be bothered by such trivialities as an Enlightened Master getting the truth wrong?
Hi Buford.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#165913 Mar 3, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, where did you get this? What Hebrew words are you saying are singular and plural? The words are the same; both plural.
ha-shamayim shamayim HaShem vehaarets natan livnei-adam:
The heavens are the heavens of the L-RD; but the earth hath He given to the children of men.
Look at the various Christian versions. Only KJV says what you say.
New International Version (©1984)
The highest heavens belong to the L-RD, but the earth he has given to man.
New Living Translation (©2007)
The heavens belong to the L-RD, but he has given the earth to all humanity.
English Standard Version (©2001)
The heavens are the L-RD’s heavens, but the earth he has given to the children of man.
New American Standard Bible (©1995)
The heavens are the heavens of the L-RD, But the earth He has given to the sons of men.
Holman Christian Standard Bible (©2009)
The heavens are the L-RD's, but the earth He has given to the human race.
International Standard Version (©2012)
The highest heavens belong to the L-RD, but he gave the earth to human beings.
King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
The Heaven of Heavens is L-rd and the Earth he has given to the children of men.
G-D'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
The highest heaven belongs to the L-RD, but he has given the earth to the descendants of Adam.
King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
The heaven, even the heavens, are the L-RD'S: but the earth has he given to the children of men.
American King James Version
The heaven, even the heavens, are the L-RD's: but the earth has he given to the children of men.
American Standard Version
The heavens are the heavens of G-d; But the earth hath he given to the children of men.
Douay-Rheims Bible
The heaven of heaven is the L-rd's: but the earth he has given to the children of men.
Darby Bible Translation
The heavens are the heavens of G-d, but the earth hath he given to the children of men.
English Revised Version
The heavens are the heavens of the L-RD; but the earth hath he given to the children of men.
Webster's Bible Translation
What is your point Eric?
I LMAO at you Eric.
You complained when I expressed God as plural from the scriptures.
Now you say the singular of God is all plural.
Take the time to read it.
http://www.ecclesia.org/truth/enoch.html

It appears to me Eric, Jew's are poorly educated in their own language.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#165914 Mar 3, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>

No. I don't know.

You can share with me what you know. After that I will screw you.
Well, so where are the heavens?

Obviously somewhere in the subtler dimensions of the field of consciousness-energy that define existence. Earth is part of the most materialized and grossest aspect of the field of consciousness-energy.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#165915 Mar 3, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>What is your point Eric?
I LMAO at you Eric.
You complained when I expressed God as plural from the scriptures.
Now you say the singular of God is all plural.
Take the time to read it.
http://www.ecclesia.org/truth/enoch.html
It appears to me Eric, Jew's are poorly educated in their own language.
Ignorant turd

the point is the word shamayin - heavens

repeated twice

go back to what you said to understand.

no need to reply to this

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 1 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 4,624
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) Thu thetruth 782
Convert me from Agnostic to Atheist Jul 14 ATHEOI 2
Astrology and Paganism Jun 30 Wolf 1
SHADOW PEOPLE... i need help (May '07) Jun 28 Friendly User17 348
News Ancient Spirituality and Commerce Clash in Mari El (Aug '10) Jun 25 yav1112 13
News Pastor: Church sign on Ramadan drew angry call,... Jun '16 The Prophet MO LIES 9
More from around the web