Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments (Page 7,785)

Showing posts 155,681 - 155,700 of198,689
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

uhuh wrote:
<quoted text>
clueless reply
read your co-cultist St. Paul WV's post
he said that during the harrowing of hell (descensus ad infernos) Jesus did not go down to the fiery Hell but to Paradise
I have read all of Paul's Epistles.

It is evident you are void of understanding Scripture.
Hell did nor exist before the coming of Jesus.
&#9668; Matthew 25:41 &#9658;

New International Version (1984)
"Then he will say to those on his left,'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Muhammad borrowed from the Jews Scripture and claimed it was a revelation from Gabriel.

There is another passage in the Quran that has its origins in the Mishnah. This passage is Sura 21:51-71. The Mishnah passage is found in Rabbah Genesis.
Here is the Quranic story:
We formerly bestowed guidance on Abraham, for We knew him well. He said to his father and to his people: "What are these images to which you are so devoted?" They replied: "They are the gods our fathers worshipped." He said: "Then you are your fathers are in the grossest error." "Is this the truth that you are preaching," they asked, "or is this but a jest?" "Indeed," he answered, "Your Lord is the Lord of the heavens and the earth. It was He that made them: to this I bear witness. By the Lord, I will overthrow your idols as soon as you have turned your backs." He broke them all in pieces, except their supreme god, so that they might return to him. "Who has done this to our deities?" asked some. "He must surely be a wicked man." Others replied: "We have heard a youth called Abraham speak of them." They said: "then bring him here in sight of all the people, that they may act as witnesses." "Abraham," they said, "was it you who did this to our deities?" "No," he replied. "It was their chief who smote them. Ask them, if they can speak." Thereupon they turned their thoughts upon themselves and said to each other: "Surely you are the ones who have done wrong." [Confounded as they were, they said to Abraham:] "You know they cannot speak." He answered: "Would you then worship that, instead of God, which can neither help nor harm you? Shame on you and on your idols! Have you no sense?" They cried: "Burn him and avenge your gods, if you must punish him!" "Fire," We said, "be cool to Abraham and keep him safe."

Here is the quote from the Mishnah Rabbah, Genesis (Noach)(CH 38:11-13) Vol. 1, pp. 310 -311, Soncino Edition, Soncino Press London, Editors Dr H Freedman and Maurice Simon.[28]

13. AND HARAN DIED IN THE PRESENCE OF HIS FATHER TERAH (XI,28). R Hiyya said: Terah was a manufacturer of idols. He once went away somewhere and left Abraham to sell them in his place. A man came and wished to buy one.'How old are you?' Abraham asked him 'Fifty years' was the reply 'Woe to such a man!' he exclaimed.'You are fifty years old and would worship a day old object!' At this he became ashamed and departed.

On another occasion a woman came with a plateful of flour and requested him,'Take this and offer it to them.' So he took a stick and broke them and put the stick in the hand of the largest. When his father returned he demanded,'What have you done to them?''I cannot concealed it from you' he rejoined. "A woman came with a plateful of fine meal and requested me to offer it to them. One claimed 'I must eat first' while another claimed 'I must eat first'. Thereupon the largest arose, took the stick, and broke them." 'Why do you make sport of me' he cried out; 'have they any knowledge!''Should not your ears listen to what your mouth is saying' he retorted. Thereupon he seized him and delivered him to Nimrod.

'Let us worship fire' he (Nimrod) proposed.'Let us rather worship water', which extinguishes the fire' replied he.'Then let us worship water!'' Let us rather worship the clouds which bear the water.''The let us worship the clouds!''Let us rather worship the winds which disperse the clouds''Let us worship the wind!''Let us worship human beings, who withstand the wind''You are just bandying words' he exclaimed; 'We will worship naught but fire. Behold, I will cast you into it, and let the God whom you adore come and save you from it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Continued:
There is another passage in the Quran that has its origins in the Mishnah. This passage is Sura 21:51-71. The Mishnah passage is found in Rabbah Genesis.
Here is the quote from the Mishnah Rabbah, Genesis (Noach)(CH 38:11-13) Vol. 1, pp. 310 -311, Soncino Edition, Soncino Press London, Editors Dr H Freedman and Maurice Simon.[28]

13. AND HARAN DIED IN THE PRESENCE OF HIS FATHER TERAH (XI,28). R Hiyya said: Terah was a manufacturer of idols. He once went away somewhere and left Abraham to sell them in his place. A man came and wished to buy one.'How old are you?' Abraham asked him 'Fifty years' was the reply 'Woe to such a man!' he exclaimed.'You are fifty years old and would worship a day old object!' At this he became ashamed and departed.

On another occasion a woman came with a plateful of flour and requested him,'Take this and offer it to them.' So he took a stick and broke them and put the stick in the hand of the largest. When his father returned he demanded,'What have you done to them?''I cannot concealed it from you' he rejoined. "A woman came with a plateful of fine meal and requested me to offer it to them. One claimed 'I must eat first' while another claimed 'I must eat first'. Thereupon the largest arose, took the stick, and broke them." 'Why do you make sport of me' he cried out; 'have they any knowledge!''Should not your ears listen to what your mouth is saying' he retorted. Thereupon he seized him and delivered him to Nimrod.

'Let us worship fire' he (Nimrod) proposed.'Let us rather worship water', which extinguishes the fire' replied he.'Then let us worship water!'' Let us rather worship the clouds which bear the water.''The let us worship the clouds!''Let us rather worship the winds which disperse the clouds''Let us worship the wind!''Let us worship human beings, who withstand the wind''You are just bandying words' he exclaimed; 'We will worship naught but fire. Behold, I will cast you into it, and let the God whom you adore come and save you from it.

Now Haran was standing there undecided. If Abram is victorious,(he thought), I will say that I am of Abram's belief, while if Nimrod is victorious I will say that I am on Nimrod's side. When Abram descended into the fiery furnace and was saved, he (Nimrod) asked him,'of whose belief are you?''Of Abram's' he replied. Thereupon he seized and cast him into the fire; his inwards were scorched and he died in his father's presence. Hence it is written, AND HARAN DIED IN THE PRESENCE OF ('AL PENE) HIS FATHER TERAH.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

uhuh wrote:
<quoted text>
it is also not in his mission to tell humankind to "treat Satan as an enemy" (Quran 35:6) because Jesus said: How can Satan go against himself?
his job commission is to whisper to Paul and "John" that God came as a human and a ghost
The Quran was formed from Muhammad, Allah the jinn devil god and Satan.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
mohammad did not know who the spirit troubling him was. He tried to kill himself several times because of this spirit, until a woman told him it was Gabriel. Did a woman know more than mohammad?
Why did Mary got alarmed when the angel of God appeared suddenly to her?

A prophet might not know about his mission till he is told. It is natural for any honest person to get alarmed by what sudden event meant.

The same was the condition of our prophet in initial encounter with angel Gabriel and it speaks about his innocence and truthful nature.

Later he got used to the visit of angel.

Why you people do not use your brains? and why you use it only in negative sense?

Did you see we Muslims using it in negative sense about Jesus, Moses, David , Solomon and other prophets of God?

But you people, you always think negative about our prophet and bring charges from no where and do not even reflect as to what you are saying or writing.
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

uhuh wrote:
<quoted text>
it is also not in his mission to tell humankind to "treat Satan as an enemy" (Quran 35:6) because Jesus said: How can Satan go against himself?
his job commission is to whisper to Paul and "John" that God came as a human and a ghost
You are right brother. Satan will not tell any of 'his" prophet to preach against Satan.

because as Jesus said "no house divided can stand together"?

But these people, they do not even know what they are saying.

Look at the posts of this Shamma and Gary..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
A prophet might not know about his mission till he is told. It is natural for any honest person to get alarmed by what sudden event meant.
The same was the condition of our prophet in initial encounter with angel Gabriel and it speaks about his innocence and truthful nature.
Why you people do not use your brains? and why you use it only in negative sense?
Did you see we Muslims using it in negative sense about Jesus, Moses, David , Solomon and other prophets of God?
But you people, you always think negative about our prophet and bring charges from no where and do not even reflect as to what you are saying or writing.
Your prophet Muhammad was investigated for his trustfulness and was found out to be a liar.

Muhammad was narcissistic.
uhuh

Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

"Whenever the prophets received revelation, our Sages explain that they received it through an angel, either in a dream or a vision.
Vision is something terrible and fearful which a prophet feels while awake, as experienced by Daniel. Sometimes the prophet is much affected and greatly trembles, as was the case with Abraham." - Maimonides
uhuh

Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

a voice said to Isaiah: "qera!"
Isaiah answered: "mah eqra?" (Isaiah 40:6)

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

pages behind. never mind.
The lone worker page 7764 equated the american red cross with christians. Daft, doesn't he know that the red cross maintains strict neutrality and is not a christian organisation but humanitarian.
It's the same silly mistake that led to the red crescent and magen david adom.
But some things can't be helped.
prejudice is one.

Anyway on to truth claims. Which i consider irrelevant since it's not science or logic and in hebrew a tribal history, with many a story to learn various lessons from.
But both xians and muslims stake or fight the claim.
quote:
IS THE OLD TESTAMENT INSPIRED?

If it is, it should be a book that no man no number of men could produce.

It should contain the perfection of philosophy.

It should perfectly accord with every fact in nature.

There should be no mistakes in astronomy, geology, or as to any subject or science.

Its morality should be the highest, the purest.

Its laws and regulations for the control of conduct should be just, wise, perfect, and perfectly adapted to the accomplishment of the ends desired.

It should contain nothing calculated to make man cruel, revengeful, vindictive or infamous.

It should be filled with intelligence, justice, purity, honesty, mercy and the spirit of liberty.

It should be opposed to strife and war, to slavery and lust, to ignorance, credulity and superstition.

It should develop the brain and civilize the heart.

It should satisfy the heart and brain of the best and wisest.

It should be true.

Does the Old Testament satisfy this standard?

Robert G. Ingersoll, 1894
end quote
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Muhammad listen Gabriel..

You are now jealous on Gabriel and Muhammad..why?
Please tell me which mother you liked half mother or real mother..with mother you continuation exist trough her you existence which others try dined.

Who denied mother they dined Son.

Someone else try replace themself.

If continuation is not very imported then how i can explain sustain this world which is only in hand of real Creator.

Because you are all children of one wholeness and his Creation how you can say someone not exist.
Did I give you warning yes I am?!
About what?1
Because you like be bigger then God..as well you liked build weapons defended about what..many tribe nation asked for existence as well struggle so long.
Because of that ordinary people are target what is not good..more powerful you build who ever they are more struggle which is also not good.
Find deference approach..many pattern exist..you do one other 3..you do more others will do too.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

uhuh wrote:
"Whenever the prophets received revelation, our Sages explain that they received it through an angel, either in a dream or a vision.
Vision is something terrible and fearful which a prophet feels while awake, as experienced by Daniel. Sometimes the prophet is much affected and greatly trembles, as was the case with Abraham." - Maimonides
But message given in those encounters with the prophets were all in line with Gods plan of Salvation.

Muhammad's encounter with the spirit he says was Gabriel of the OT contradicts Gods message of salvation given to the prophets in the OT.

uhuh

Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Shamma wrote:
It is evident you are void of understanding Scripture.
Hell did not exist before the coming of Jesus.
lol more shocking news,
first Paul WV said that Hell = Limbo = Paradise
now Shamma is saying that there was no Hell before Jesus

christian "understanding of Scripture"

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

tsss uhuh Isa. 40:6
grammar...It's enforced form: so it's all about insignificant musings of estimating the truth or meaning of life or mankind or whatever, since that can only be done in retrospect i.e. when your dead. Well gather your atoms, good luck with that.
But g-d does state it's significance, all are counted individually (see Numbers) and here have beauty and use.
---
But all of you are a laugh a minute.

And MUQ how's the anti-western attitude holding up!
Uh pardon, anti-modern. Or was that... kill all...
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what I wrote:
" People; who believe in the absurdity and idiocy that God has a son and that God is triune, being dishonest themselves think that others, who do not believe in their junk and stuff; are dishonest.
When have you ever been honest about your own absurd scripture and your false and crooked belief system?
You do have an absurd book called the Book of Revelation. Right? Was that absurd revelation given to John in the form of a book?"
Answer this first and then ask questions?
rabbee: G-D already told you all, in TheTorah. that THEY Have, TheSon named Adam. not a good idea to call G-D a liar, with your lies. cause that makes you, an enemy of G-D.
and you might want to be, a little more cautious about TheBook of Revelation. even if they did change the names, to allegedly protect my innosense. even if it did not, quite work out as they hoped. Revelation story line is still, on the money.
and i am sorry! but i think most of you, need a brain transplant.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
So, why did Jesus go to hell?
rabbee: to try and talk, the hell out of all of you today. even if this whole world, does not know where in the hell are we today.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Before Jesus' death and resurrection the Gates of Heaven were closed and those dying before then went to Paradise, also called limbo or hell. When Jesus died His soul and divinity went to Paradise, hell, to preach to those who died waiting His coming. After Jesus resurrection those in Paradise, hell, went with Him to the Father in heaven.
rabbee: i am sure you only think, you know what your talking about. but you! don't. see there is that ominous catch phrase' in Revelation: just who did, go to Heaven?
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Die and go there and then come back and tell us how much fun it is to be in hell.
rabbee: what you can't truly describe, being here in it now? that's kind of being, delusional isn't it? if you don't know, where in the hell you are today.

were not, in HEAVEN.
were not, in Heaven on Earth(GanEden).
were not, in the grave.
were not, in oblivion.

that does not leave - a hell of a lot of choices left, now does it? now lets see, if your only true logic, can truly figure out what is actually left.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well still no thanks, your muslems negative ways of thinking in opposition to their negative ways.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

uhuh wrote:
<quoted text>
lol more shocking news,
first Paul WV said that Hell = Limbo = Paradise
now Shamma is saying that there was no Hell before Jesus
christian "understanding of Scripture"
The idea of hell in your mind from the beginning was punishment of which is the wrong idea.
What Paul explained hell-Limbo-paradise was a place of death being separated from God.
Jesus went to the depths hell-Limbo-Paradise to rescue those that were righteous with God before their death, but were imprisoned there.
The gates of heaven were closed.
The wicked remained there for punishment.
Now after the death and resurrection of Jesus the gates of heaven are now open to those that accept Jesus, the Son of God as their savior.
And those that don't accept Jesus go to hell for the final judgment and are given their punishment.

What Muslims fail to understand that we are all sinners and are unworthy to be accepted by God.

It is through Jesus taking our sins on the cross that had no sin that makes Jesus Holy and acceptable to God.

It is through Jesus redemption for us that our sins are blotted out in the eyes of God and are forgiven.

Other wise there is no forgiveness from God for our sins.
For the Holiness of God does not allow sin to be in His presence.

For we are made Holy and acceptable to God through the Holiness of Jesus as adopted Sons of God.

John 3:16
New International Version (NIV)
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
In John 3:18
Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.
----------
John 3:36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him."

So if you refuse Jesus as Gods only Son, you die in your sins.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 155,681 - 155,700 of198,689
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••