Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 253461 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#165695 Mar 2, 2013
Shamma wrote:
These verses are from the mind of Muhammad in his wars against the infidels and not revelations from God.
They do not belong in the Quran.
These verses prove the Quran is corrupted by Muhammsad himself.
The Quran:
Quran (2:191-193)- "And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution [of Muslims] is worse than slaughter [of non-believers]... but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for Allah." The historical context of this passage is not defensive warfare, since Muhammad and his Muslims had just relocated to Medina and were not under attack by their Meccan adversaries. In fact, the verses urge offensive warfare, in that Muslims are to drive Meccans out of their own city (which they later did). The use of the word "persecution" by some Muslim translators is thus disingenuous (the actual Muslim words for persecution - "idtihad" - and oppression - a variation of "z-l-m" - do not appear in the verse). The actual Arabic comes from "fitna" which can mean disbelief, or the disorder that results from unbelief or temptation. Taken as a whole, the context makes clear that violence is being authorized until "religion is for Allah" - ie. unbelievers desist in their unbelief.
Quran (2:244)- "Then fight in the cause of Allah, and know that Allah Heareth and knoweth all things."
Quran (2:216)- "Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not." Not only does this verse establish that violence can be virtuous, but it also contradicts the myth that fighting is intended only in self-defense, since the audience was obviously not under attack at the time. From the Hadith, we know that this verse was narrated at a time that Muhammad was actually trying to motivate his people into raiding merchant caravans for loot.
Hello, Shaman

Looks like you skipped reading my post, lying bigot!

Typical lying presbyter of Christianity!

The section starts with 2:190, so why did you not quote 2:190?

The passage starts with: "2:190 Fight, in the way of Allah, against those who wage war upon you, but do not commit aggression by attacking first. Allah does not like aggressors," then continues with 2:191-193 and 194.

Have you heard of an idiot, who goes by the name Geert Wilders? That bloody miserable fool quoted exactly like you to the Madame Speaker of the Dutch Parliament. The asshole did not start with 2:190 which is the opening line.
bmz

Singapore

#165696 Mar 2, 2013
wannabe scientist wrote:
Shamma is trying to be a hypocrite by quoting selected parts of an entire story eg: if you told me "some stupid writer says their is life on the moon" then i go and tell another the person that you told me "there is life on the moon" hmm that is what shamma is doing here
That is indeed a correct assessment.

That is exactly how Christianity was developed.

Thanks
bmz

Singapore

#165697 Mar 2, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
You take defeat graciously Joe.
You are aslo expected to do that. Instead of keeping on lying and lying, you should take defeat graciously, Shaman.

Why do you defend Christianity, when you know that it was built upon quicksand?
Mengal

Quetta, Pakistan

#165698 Mar 2, 2013
Life Of Mohammad(saw)And Status of Mary in Trinity?

Those who interested in life of Mohammad as a prophet or other wise,So as those having interst in life of Mary(rw) and trinity come and visit the thread” Qadir mengal Miss understanding islam”An important series about the life of Mohammad(saw) has been given from page 33 of topix on this thread, this series will go number wise just as 1 (2) 3 … along with mentioning the thread number where the series is located.
Note-Post no, 1,2,3,4,5,6,of life of Mohammad(saw) of this series have come on page 33 of Miss understanding islam, while post number 7,8,9,9-a,and10,11,to 18 have appeared on page no, 34 of this thread i,e miss understanding islam so as post no 19 and 20 and others have appeared on page 35 of this thread kindly follow,
Again the posts about (Jesus Mary)and trinity have come on page 38 and 39 of Miss understanding islam By Qadir mengal.. So as Qadir mengal also (insha Allah) will give you the answers about your questions and Queries about islam on this thread if you questioned him about islam.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#165699 Mar 2, 2013
wannabe scientist wrote:
Shamma is trying to be a hypocrite by quoting selected parts of an entire story eg: if you told me "some stupid writer says their is life on the moon" then i go and tell another the person that you told me "there is life on the moon" hmm that is what shamma is doing here
You are not being realistic.
There is no separation of church and State in Islam.
Not every thing Muhammad did was approved by Allah/God.
Those verses are Muhammad's own words and feelings he felt towards the infidels.
God punished Israel many times in the OT for going to war that God did not approve of.
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#165700 Mar 2, 2013
Paul wrote:
01. Jesus had a human nature, a soul and a divine nature. As the soul can not die neither can God, that is Jesus' divine nature.

02. When Jesus' human nature died His soul and divinity went to Paradise to preach to those who had died waiting His coming. When Jesus died and rose from the dead He opened the Gates of Heaven and those who died before Him in Paradise went on with Jesus to heaven.

03. St Paul was an apostle, prophet and God's messenger to the gentiles.
Ans.

01. Why Jesus, every human has a soul that never dies. Why you make Jesus' soul as "special"? where did "divinity" entered into his soul?

02. Why only Jesus, when any one dies, his body dies and soul goes to next world.

No one saw Jesus dieing and no one saw his coming out of the grave. These are just your "assumptions" that he went to hell and preached to those people there…did he also went to heaven also and invited those people to accept his as Lord Divine?

You are just parroting teachings of St. Paul, without verifying if they are true or not.

03. St. Paul was an apostle of Jesus but he was self made, he did not have any "Authorization" from Jesus. He never met Jesus and he never learned any thing from jesus and he never quotes Jesus for what he says.

Location hidden

#165701 Mar 2, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello, Shaman
Looks like you skipped reading my post, lying bigot!
Typical lying presbyter of Christianity!
The section starts with 2:190, so why did you not quote 2:190?
The passage starts with: "2:190 Fight, in the way of Allah, against those who wage war upon you, but do not commit aggression by attacking first. Allah does not like aggressors," then continues with 2:191-193 and 194.
Have you heard of an idiot, who goes by the name Geert Wilders? That bloody miserable fool quoted exactly like you to the Madame Speaker of the Dutch Parliament. The asshole did not start with 2:190 which is the opening line.
You are not being realistic.
You are brain washed into believing every thing Muhammad did and said was approved by God.

Those verses are Muhammad's own hateful feelings towards his enemies.
Muhammad structured his religion to be permanently at war with
the infidels and those that reject Muhammad as prophet.

That brings out Muhammad's narcissistic mind set, and show that Muhammad himself corrupted the Quran.

You can call me a liar all you want, but the action taken by Muhammad show's he was narcissistic.

Location hidden

#165702 Mar 2, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. Why Jesus, every human has a soul that never dies. Why you make Jesus' soul as "special"? where did "divinity" entered into his soul?
02. Why only Jesus, when any one dies, his body dies and soul goes to next world.
No one saw Jesus dieing and no one saw his coming out of the grave. These are just your "assumptions" that he went to hell and preached to those people there…did he also went to heaven also and invited those people to accept his as Lord Divine?
You are just parroting teachings of St. Paul, without verifying if they are true or not.
03. St. Paul was an apostle of Jesus but he was self made, he did not have any "Authorization" from Jesus. He never met Jesus and he never learned any thing from jesus and he never quotes Jesus for what he says.
You are an uneducated person MUQ.
You speak from ignorance.

You are brain washed.
You think every time Muhammad had sex with a women it was approved by God.
And you ignorantly believe every thing Muhammad did and said was approved by God.

You have the mind set set of a narcissistic person MUQ.
You need to get treatment for your faulty thinking.

Location hidden

#165703 Mar 2, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you say that? I have been showing all the nonsense and the absurdities in the Christian Bible here for almost five years. OT is a poor copy of a poor translation in Greek. Moreover it has been forged over centuries.
The New Testament is full od hocus pocus. I can safely say that the New Testament is 99% Satanic.
The Christians are the ones, who don't get it. Get it?
You have been making your opinions based on Muhammad's moon god.
There is sufficient evidence in the OT and NT to show that God is Tru-ine.

So your arguments are not based on the OT and NT.
You out right reject the evidence presented in the Bible.
Based on the the teachings of Muhammad in the Quran.

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Cape Town, South Africa

#165704 Mar 2, 2013
Muslims have a temper. Do you guys know how much wars their causing in asia. Sure for such a violent religion, how can Allah be so harsh, wait he doesn't exist.
wannabe scientist

United States

#165705 Mar 2, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You have been making your opinions based on Muhammad's moon god.
shamma you are just ranting we have proven to you enough that islam is the real truth but if you are not accepting it you are doing harm for yourself
bmz

Singapore

#165706 Mar 2, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You have been making your opinions based on Muhammad's moon god.

There is no evidence in the OT and the NT to show that God is a Trinity or Triune.

There is nothing so absurd and ridiculous in the NT showing Jesus as saying foolish , "Hear ye, bloody fools! Your God is triune".

There is no evidence in the Christian books to show that God is triune.

That God is a Trinity or triune is absurd and ridiculous. No matter how ridiculous and absurd the New Testament is, it does not say that God is trinity or triune.

Even your "Moan God" Jesus did not say that in a state of delirium.
bmz

Singapore

#165707 Mar 2, 2013
wannabe scientist wrote:
<quoted text>
shamma you are just ranting we have proven to you enough that islam is the real truth but if you are not accepting it you are doing harm for yourself
Shamma will harm himself just as the biblical Jesus harmed himself. Shamma has to give up
self-loathing, a basic requirement on which Christianity was marketed.
bmz

Singapore

#165708 Mar 2, 2013
Shamma wrote:
You can call me a liar all you want, but the action taken by Muhammad show's he was narcissistic.
No.

A narcissistic person, who lacks self-respect and confidence in his own self talks like this:

"Who do people say I am?"

And instead of telling people, who he was, he says, "I am he" to everything.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#165709 Mar 2, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
How do you know any spirit talked to mohammad? Did someone see this angel beside mohammad? Did mohammad talk to God? No. He talked to some angel who spoke for something called allah? Who is allah? allah is the alter ego of mohammad! Whenever mohammad did something allah would not like allah would say it's okay for mohammad to do it.

Where is the original koran that tells how mohammad asked the people to pray to three goddesses that were allah's daughters?
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#165710 Mar 2, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No prophet came carrying a book in his hand.
In Arabic, Kitaab also means revelations and scripture.
Even if we call it Aaasmani Kitaab, as suggested, that would still fall under revelations, as no book (hard copy) was ever dropped from aasman (heavens).
Thanks for bringing up the word Aasman. It just does not mean sky. Right?
Yes, I am a Muslim. By the way, every Muslim is also a "Jew + Jesus + Muhammad" but the good news is that a Muslim can never be a crypto-Christian.
The koran in English calls itself a book. So all arabic translators have it wrong but you? Why don't you be honest with yourself for once?
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#165711 Mar 2, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
What about nickel, gold, platinum and other siderophile elements in the inner core of the earth?
The fact that precious metals and other heavy elements are so much more abundant in the earth's inner core than in its crust is explained by the theory of the so-called iron catastrophe, an event that occurred before the first eon during the accretion phase of the early Earth.
No mention of solid inner and liquid outer core and of temperature and pressure conditions?
Muslim retard.
ROFL.
Hey Joel,. do your yoga or vedic manuals talk about such things?
Why don't you show them...
You know the absurdities in there!
Like I said it is easy for pseudo intellectuals to run everything down and continue to be losers.
Hope you know how oxidation works and the difference between iron and gold platinum and silver.
Also Quran is not a book oof Science...it talks about signs for people to understand.

If you want a comprehensive book of everything then you will also need to include ALL about medicine, economics, maths, astronomy and many more -isms and sciences!

The Quran will be heavier than many galaxies!!!

Allah mentions this as well in Quran!!

There is no force.
You can take it or leave it well alone and carry on with your lives!

Take care yogi.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#165712 Mar 2, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No prophet came carrying a book in his hand.
In Arabic, Kitaab also means revelations and scripture.
Even if we call it Aaasmani Kitaab, as suggested, that would still fall under revelations, as no book (hard copy) was ever dropped from aasman (heavens).
Thanks for bringing up the word Aasman. It just does not mean sky. Right?
Yes, I am a Muslim. By the way, every Muslim is also a "Jew + Jesus + Muhammad" but the good news is that a Muslim can never be a crypto-Christian.
You saved me a bit of bandwidth there, bro!
Nice reply indeed....
Revelation Inspiration Scripture, Book...or whatever!

What matters is the MESSAGE from the Most High conveyed beautifully and in STYLE by the Holy Prophet Muhammed PBUH!!

Salaams...WM
wannabe scientist

United States

#165713 Mar 2, 2013
In the islamic way of life there is cure for any illness (including cancer and hiv)
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#165714 Mar 2, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Such as?
The main thrust of the message was "There is only one God, and no other God or Gods besides God".
What variety of subjects are you talking about? List up a few!
Even if you produce a Quran as big as ten galaxies...they will still be looking for more information!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 4 min Thinking 4,649
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) Jul 21 thetruth 782
Convert me from Agnostic to Atheist Jul 14 ATHEOI 2
Astrology and Paganism Jun 30 Wolf 1
SHADOW PEOPLE... i need help (May '07) Jun 28 Friendly User17 348
News Ancient Spirituality and Commerce Clash in Mari El (Aug '10) Jun 25 yav1112 13
News Pastor: Church sign on Ramadan drew angry call,... Jun '16 The Prophet MO LIES 9
More from around the web