Who Is Allah?

There are 20 comments on the Aug 24, 2007, The Brussels Journal story titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

truth

Perth, Australia

#165580 Mar 1, 2013
jibe
2 jibe and 5 bread=25
who is real
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#165581 Mar 1, 2013
Shamma wrote:
It seems very odd to me that Muhammad, the man who's central doctrine was the oneness of God, would include pagan worshippers as those who were believers in the true God. If Muhammad were truly a prophet, how could he have made such a big mistake? How did astral worshippers get included into the Quran as those that worship the true God? How could Muhammad's 'revelation' be in such error?

It is noteworthy that just as Muhammad incorporated the pagan veneration of the Kaba and black stone into Islam, so he incorporated the Sabean times of prayer, Eid, and fasting into Islam.
Could you please stop using the silly, absurd and idiotic word 'oneness", which was coined by the pagan Church?

Oneness of God is discussed by those, who do not believe there is only one God. Every damn silly and idiotic word in Christianity's pagan-infested theology is based on absurd doctrines.
truth

Perth, Australia

#165582 Mar 1, 2013
sura25
its stay upon two angel and light upon that

i left my photo to someone
bmz

Singapore

#165583 Mar 1, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Muslims and the Black Stone.
Muslims pagan worship.
THE BLACK STONE

The black stone played a prominent role in pagan worship. The pagans offered animal sacrifices there. But the idol of the black stone replaced the alter; on the black stone they smeared the blood of the sacrificed animals.
Actually, the black stone was the stone that the builders rejected. KMA, Shaman.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#165584 Mar 1, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, the black stone was the stone that the builders rejected. KMA, Shaman.
Who were the builders that rejected it and now what is it good for? Is one saved by kissing the black ston(s). Question: Is it one stone or several stones?

Do you have a copy of the original koran that tells the people to pray to the three goddesses; allah's daughters?
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#165585 Mar 1, 2013
bmz wrote:
@ Shaman
There were hundreds of Jesuses and Marys back then. Can you stop spamming and littering the precious bandwidth, please?
We believe that Jesus existed and his mother was a holy, noble and a pure
woman, whom no man knew and she was a virgin, when she conceived Jesus.
No problem there.
We are not discussing through Talmud. The problem is that the gospels clearly show that the alleged crucifixion was a drama, a well-managed stage show, which was a joint production by Pilate and the San Hedrin. It allowed him to escape.
And Jesus went into hiding.
That Jesus did not come out in the open, clearly shows that he was never dead.
If you killed me and if I were resurrected, I would definitely go and present myself to you. I would not be running away from you then.
After the alleged resurrection, Jesus would have gone to Jerusalem to show himself up to his killers, instead of going to Galilee.
That he did not make a Triumphal Re-Entry into Jerusalem, already shows that the man was never dead.
It would have been better if he had remained dead and only then it could have been considered a great sacrifice.
rabbee: there was nobody, by the name jesus back then. nor could the name jesus possibly exist, for another thousand years. so everything you write or say about Him, is based on a lie in a world of liars.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#165586 Mar 1, 2013
JOEL wrote:
Why couldn't JESUS, the failed saviour and fake messiah, attain to "physical immortality" on earth and live forever or as long as he pleased instead of disgracefully having to exit his body via an Out-of-Body experience so as to escape to the heavenly/supraphysical plane of his father? LOL.
rabbee: what makes you think, that your mental failure is my actual physical failure to be here again? and quit assuming, i am an out of body experience. as your failure to comprehend being here in TheTorah, is not my failure to comprehend it all.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#165587 Mar 1, 2013
Christian wrote:
<quoted text>

Sadly for you and all the rest who reject Jesus as their saviour, your all damned to spend eternity in hell.
What's that? Hell?
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#165588 Mar 1, 2013
uhuh wrote:
without proof of the crucial event, the "Resurrection", christianity remains what it is; a scam
rabbee: well according to TheG-D of my visitations. i and the woman, the proof you were not waiting for. because This is TheTorah, G-D is again giving from Adam to adam and his mate again. same story again, with nothing new in a world of liars.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#165589 Mar 1, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>

God perceived the world and creation in his mind and Willed things into being from nothing.
ROFL.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#165590 Mar 1, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFL.
Yes, Shamma is a bit simple. Fairly amusing. You get that a lot with these bible thumpers.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#165591 Mar 1, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is that? Are you talking about the pedophile Jesus and his pedophile plus homo gang?
I wish to clarify that Jesus was a Bi.
rabbee: everything you have said about me, with your fake name is all blastphemous lashon hara. repent! of all your, fantacy versions of me.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#165592 Mar 1, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, John
Who took the dominant role, when Jesus was with boys? Do you think it was Jesus?
rabbee: you are not getting away, with your filthy comments about me. while i am here, watching you again. your filthy mind fantacizing about me, is not acceptable to G-D or me.
bmz

Singapore

#165593 Mar 1, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: there was nobody, by the name jesus back then. nor could the name jesus possibly exist, for another thousand years. so everything you write or say about Him, is based on a lie in a world of liars.
OK, Rabbee but you too lied, when you used the word Him for him. I can accept his name written with a capital J but there should be no He, Him, Heem, His.

It is downright silly and absurd to use 'He','His' and 'Him' for him. We should discourage that use by liars.
bmz

Singapore

#165594 Mar 1, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Who were the builders that rejected it and now what is it good for? Is one saved by kissing the black ston(s). Question: Is it one stone or several stones?

Do you have a copy of the original koran that tells the people to pray to the three goddesses; allah's daughters?
You are quite familiar with the crook builders of the crooked Church, so don't ask me.

It is the starting point of circumambulation around the Ka'aba.

The original stone was smashed by renegades and hypocrites. Pieces were retrieved later and fitted in like one fits precious stones. The stone is like Jesus. It cannot save anyone. Like Jesus, it was also hammered and crushed.

Qur'aan is not like your New Testament, which was written by many. Books written by many, should have the originals but Christianity has no original of anything.

Qur'aan was recited out. Qur'aan has always been the same.

The only absurd Scripture that assigns a son to God, is the blasphemous New Testament. Qur'aan does not assign son and daughters to God. That is Christianity's patent.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#165595 Mar 1, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason Jesus' death procured our salvation, while no other man's death can, was because He is God. It was by Jesus' death and resurrection that we are saved.
Do you mean to say God died with the death of jesus? Is this not a blasphemy?

Or One Third of God died? You are not clear in what you say and how can you be clear making such a confusing statement.

If Jesus died as a God, then God cannot die, is it a contradiction because God does not die.

If Jesus died as a human, then so many humans die every day.

If Jesus died as a prophet, then so many prophets died before him. So what a great change.

If Jesus died as an honest man and innocent man, then so many honest men and innocent men have been hanged and killed wrongly, what is the great difference?

Look at whatever angle you look, death of Jesus was not a Ground shattering event, and in fact nothing like that happened.....till St. Paul appeared on the scene and concocted a religion out of this incident!!

Talk logic, man and not only making statements without any proofs or logics.
bmz

Singapore

#165596 Mar 1, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you mean to say God died with the death of jesus? Is this not a blasphemy?
Or One Third of God died? You are not clear in what you say and how can you be clear making such a confusing statement.
If Jesus died as a God, then God cannot die, is it a contradiction because God does not die.
If Jesus died as a human, then so many humans die every day.
If Jesus died as a prophet, then so many prophets died before him. So what a great change.
If Jesus died as an honest man and innocent man, then so many honest men and innocent men have been hanged and killed wrongly, what is the great difference?
Look at whatever angle you look, death of Jesus was not a Ground shattering event, and in fact nothing like that happened.....till St. Paul appeared on the scene and concocted a religion out of this incident!!
Thank you.

Now, Paul's off-topic reply will be: "Do you have a copy of the original koran that tells the people to pray to the three goddesses; allah's daughters?

The modern presbyters/evangelists have been taught not to answer any questions. Instead they have been taught to ask a question in response to a question. That is how Christianity was developed.

Salaams
BMZ
bmz

Singapore

#165597 Mar 1, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Christianity and her Church have a disdain for logic. Since there is no logic in that religion, Christians like Paul WV and Shamma will never be able to talk logic.
Stranger

Birmingham, UK

#165598 Mar 1, 2013
@JOEL.. Its natural to get frustrated when you do not have an answer and confused.. I am a not hre to win an argument but to spread the truth..
Lets look at some of the miracles in QURAN revealed 14 centuries ago:-
THE COMING OF THE UNIVERSE INTO EXISTENCE
The origin of the universe is described in the Qur'an in the following verse:
"He is the Originator of the heavens and the earth."(The Qur'an, 6:101)
This information given in the Qur'an is in full agreement with the findings of contemporary science. The conclusion that astrophysics has reached today is that the entire universe, together with the dimensions of matter and time, came into existence as a result of a great explosion that occurred in no time. This event, known as "The Big Bang" proved that the universe was created from nothingness as the result of the explosion of a single point. Modern scientific circles are in agreement that the Big Bang is the only rational and provable explanation of the beginning of the universe and of how the universe came into being.
Before the Big Bang, there was no such thing as matter. From a condition of non-existence in which neither matter, nor energy, nor even time existed, and which can only be described metaphysically, matter, energy, and time were all created. This fact, only recently discovered by modern physics, was announced to us in the Qur'an 1,400 years ago.
The sensitive sensors on board the COBE space satellite which was launched by NASA in 1992, captured evidentiary remnants of the Big Bang. This discovery served as evidence for the Big Bang, which is the scientific explanation of the fact that the universe was created from nothing.
Stranger

Birmingham, UK

#165599 Mar 1, 2013
The Expansion of the Universe
In the Qur'an, which was revealed 14 centuries ago at a time when the science of astronomy was still primitive, the expansion of the universe was described like this:
"And it is We who have constructed the heaven with might, and verily, it is We who are steadily expanding it."
(The Qur'an, 51:47)
The word "heaven", as stated in this verse, is used in various places in the Qur'an with the meaning of space and universe. Here again, the word is used with this meaning. In other words, in the Qur'an it is revealed that the universe "expands". And this is the very conclusion that science has reached today.
Until the dawn of the 20th century, the only view prevailing in the world of science was that "the universe has a constant nature and it has existed since infinite time". The research, observations, and calculations carried out by means of modern technology, however, have revealed that the universe in fact had a beginning, and that it constantly "expands".
At the beginning of the 20th century, the Russian physicist Alexander Friedmann and the Belgian cosmologist Georges Lemaitre theoretically calculated that the universe is in constant motion and that it is expanding.
This fact was proved also by observational data in 1929. While observing the sky with a telescope, Edwin Hubble, the American astronomer, discovered that the stars and galaxies were constantly moving away from each other. A universe where everything constantly moves away from everything else implied a constantly expanding universe. The observations carried out in the following years verified that the universe is constantly expanding. This fact was explained in the Qur'an when that was still unknown to anyone. This is because the Qur'an is the word of God, the Creator, and the Ruler of the entire universe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 1 hr DebraE 14,612
Coincidence or some kind of sign? Apr 24 ChristySoy 1
No, Easter does NOT have pagan origins Apr 3 Skeptical 1
News Iowa woman to make history with nation's first ... Apr 1 cindy mccurry 1
Great News for Pagans (Feb '07) Mar '15 Gary Coaldigger 278
News In far-flung US territories, gay marriage hasn'... Mar '15 Belle Sexton 2
News Ex-Lawmaker Sued for Religious Discrimination (Jan '11) Feb '15 Hammer 4
More from around the web