Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256289 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Eric

Romeoville, IL

#165481 Feb 28, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Non-Christian evidence
Non-Christian historians and writers have recorded facts about Jesus Christ, His disciples, and the resurrection—Thallus (circa A.D. 52); Josephus (circa A.D. 64-93); Cornelius Tacitus (A.D. 64-116); Pliny the Younger (circa A.D. 112); Hadrian (circa A.D. 117-138); Suetonius (circa A.D. 120); Phlegon (circa A.D. 140); Lucian of Samosata (circa A.D. 170); and Mara Bar-Serapion (circa A.D. 70)
Please give citations where each of the above have recorded FACTS about the resurrection.

Thank you.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#165482 Feb 28, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>

Absolute consciousness is what Joe?

Explain it?
Absolute Consciousness, Septic/Shaman, is the highest state of awareness that's beyond all mental and supramental conceptions of what constitues awareness and it is beyond name and namelessness, form and formlessness, personality and impersonality, attribution and non-attribution, existence and non-existence and being and non-being. It is pure consciousness turned on itslef and devoid not only of all the dualities mentioned above but it is also unhampered by the dynmaic aspect of the reality which is energy which in the absolute state enters the unmanifest state.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#165483 Feb 28, 2013
SHAMMA,

Please read the corrected version, below:

Absolute Consciousness, Septic/Shaman, is the highest state of awareness that's beyond all mental and supramental conceptions of what constitutes awareness and it is beyond name and namelessness, form and formlessness, personality and impersonality, attribution and non-attribution, existence and non-existence and being and non-being. It is pure consciousness turned on itself and devoid not only of all the dualities mentioned above but it is also unhampered by the dynamic aspect of the reality which is energy which in the absolute state enters the unmanifest state.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#165484 Feb 28, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
"Jesus Christ is the Son of God, Jesus Christ is God in flesh, Jesus Christ is God in person, Jesus Christ is the Father, Jesus Christ is the Holy Ghost, Jesus Christ is the messiah, Jseis Christ is also an animal, lamb and Jesus Christ is "I am"."
Such silly, absurd, idiotic and unsubstantiated claims have been made by ignorant fools over the last 1650 years.
Nothing from Jesus, I mean nothing direct from the Horse's Mouth. Lies upon lies and nothing but lies.
Keep searching the Scriptures of the Holy Bible.
Jesus words are there.
Millions have already found his words in the Holy Bible and believe in Him.
So keep searching.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#165485 Feb 28, 2013
Stranger wrote:
JOEL:

I am pretty sure you havnt read Quran with understanding which is full of proofs. I understand that proof you want is to God Himself come down to earth and unveil.
This life is a test and the only successfull ones are those who recognized their true God.
God has implanted in humans by birth to worship Him alone but it is after the unbelieving family and cutural we are raisedup makes us confused.
BTW Back to the topic: Allah is an arabic word which if translated means (One God). The name Allah existed before the Prophet (Muhammad pbuh) as his fathers name was Abdullah (Meaning Slave of Allah).
Lets assume a scenario below to see which 2 individuals below have more probability to achieve the overall success.
SCENARIO NO 1 ( God do not exist or No afterlife)
SCENARIO NO 2 (God exists as well as after life)
Individual A: Believe in One God and His prophets and die at age 70, Lived his life according to Gods will.
Individual B: Believe in Wrong god or Do not believe at all and die at age 70, Lived his life according to His own will.
SCENARIO 1 RESULT CARD:-
WINNER = Individual B (Achievemnt 70 years of Enterainment)
LOOSER =Individual A (Loss 70 years of wasted life)
SCENARIO 2 RESULT CARD:-
WINNER = Individual A (Achievement Eternal abode in PARADISE)
LOOSER = Individual B (Loss Eternal abode in HELLFIRE)
Hope it makes sense.
Bullshit!

Muhammad was an ignorant assho-le.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#165486 Feb 28, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Please give citations where each of the above have recorded FACTS about the resurrection.
Thank you.
Among everything else, he/she admittedly confuses purposely prophesies with actual events.(ignoring his/her misinterpretations of the prophesies for the moment)
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#165487 Feb 28, 2013
SHAMMA is a girl's name. LOL.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#165488 Feb 28, 2013
SHAM oops I meant SHAMMA,

How are your two sons who were sodomized when they were kids? Have they healed physically and mentally?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#165489 Feb 28, 2013
Had I been a dad with a son, I'd never permit him to venture near dear HUGH for fear of my darling son being sodomized by the horny Jamaican with a 14" bamboo.

(smiles)

Location hidden

#165490 Feb 28, 2013
JOEL wrote:
CHRISTIANS:
What do you have to say about Jesus' act of lunacy in cursing a barren fig tree causing it to wither?
Jesus is referring to the down fall of the Jews.
http://www.answering-islam.org/Shamoun/q_jesu...

Location hidden

#165491 Feb 28, 2013
In fact, the OT often uses the fig tree as a symbol of national Israel:

"I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, AND THEIR LEAVES WILL WITHER. What I have given them will be taken from them.’" Jeremiah 8:13

"You may say,'The LORD has raised up prophets for us in Babylon,' but this is what the LORD says about the king who sits on David's throne and all the people who remain in this city, your countrymen who did not go with you into exile- yes, this is what the LORD Almighty says:'I will send the sword, famine and plague against them and I will make them like poor figs that are so bad they cannot be eaten. I will pursue them with the sword, famine and plague and will make them abhorrent to all the kingdoms of the earth and an object of cursing and horror, of scorn and reproach, among all the nations where I drive them. For they have not listened to my words,' declares the LORD,'words that I sent to them again and again by my servants the prophets. And you exiles have not listened either,' declares the LORD." Jeremiah 29:15-19

"When I found Israel, it was like finding grapes in the desert; when I saw your fathers, IT WAS LIKE SEEING THE EARLY FRUIT ON THE FIG TREE. But when they came to Baal Peor, they consecrated themselves to that shameful idol and became as vile as the thing they loved... Ephraim is blighted, their root is withered, they yield no fruit. Even if they bear children, I will slay their cherished offspring." Hosea 9:10, 16

"What misery is mine! I am like one who gathers summer fruit at the gleaning of the vineyard; there is no cluster of grapes to eat, none of the early figs that I crave. The godly have been swept from the land; not one upright man remains. All men lie in wait to shed blood; each hunts his brother with a net. Both hands are skilled in doing evil; the ruler demands gifts, the judge accepts bribes, the powerful dictate what they desire- they all conspire together. The best of them is like a brier, the most upright worse than a thorn hedge. The day of your watchmen has come, the day God visits you. Now is the time of their confusion." Micah 7:1-4

"All your fortresses are like fig trees with their first ripe fruit; when they are shaken, the figs fall into the mouth of the eater." Nahum 3:12

The foregoing helps clarify why Jesus did what he did. Christ came searching for what the OT says Yahweh searches after, namely, an indication that Israel was a fruitful tree and not barren and dry. Yet instead of finding the early fig (cf. Hosea 9:10; Micah 7:1), which would have demonstrated that Israel was spiritually alive and capable of bearing the fruit which satisfies God, Christ found the nation spiritually dead and barren. In light of Israel’s spiritual barrenness, God would cut down his fig tree, his very own vine, and burn it:

Location hidden

#165493 Feb 28, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolute Consciousness, Septic/Shaman, is the highest state of awareness that's beyond all mental and supramental conceptions of what constitues awareness and it is beyond name and namelessness, form and formlessness, personality and impersonality, attribution and non-attribution, existence and non-existence and being and non-being. It is pure consciousness turned on itslef and devoid not only of all the dualities mentioned above but it is also unhampered by the dynmaic aspect of the reality which is energy which in the absolute state enters the unmanifest state.
In other words Joe, it is a state of emptiness.
Void of existence.

Your explanation is that of death prior to the spiritual resurrection of man by God.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#165494 Feb 28, 2013
(smiles)
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#165495 Feb 28, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.
Thank you for a great request. You will not get an answer because no historian mentioned the alleged resurrection of Jesus.

The History department of the Church did not even spare those 'historians'. The Church historians forged in passages in their reports.

Location hidden

#165496 Feb 28, 2013
JOEL wrote:
SHAM oops I meant SHAMMA,
How are your two sons who were sodomized when they were kids? Have they healed physically and mentally?
It appears you have mistaken me for some one I do not know.
Are you a friend of this person you are inquiring About?
It appears to me you are not a friend of that person, rather you seem to be a person with an inferiority complex.
Were you sodomized?
Or do you sodomize misguided individuals?

A complex is a core pattern of emotions, memories, perceptions, and wishes in the personal unconscious organized around a common theme, such as power or status (Schultz, D. & Schultz, S., 2009). Primarily a psychoanalytic term, it is found extensively in the works of Carl Jung and Sigmund Freud.

An example of a complex would be as follows: if you had a leg amputated when you were a child, this would influence your life in profound ways, even if you were wonderfully successful in overcoming the handicap. You might have many thoughts, emotions, memories, feelings of inferiority, triumphs, bitterness and determinations centering on that one aspect of your life. If these thoughts troubled you, Jung would say you had a complex about the leg (Dewey, 2007).

Complex existence is widely agreed upon in the area of depth psychology. It assumes the most important factors influencing your personality are deep in the unconscious (Dewey, 2007). They are generally a way of mapping the psyche, and are crucial theoretical items of common reference to be found in therapy. Complexes are believed by Carl Jung and Sigmund Freud to influence the individual's attitude and behavior.

I noticed Joe by your posting you seem to fall into one of those patterns.

Location hidden

#165497 Feb 28, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.
Here are the facts taken from the Talmud.
Read it all Eric.
An historical record of the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ:
http://www.bibleone.net/print_SF9.html

Or do you want me to post the entire text on this forum?
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#165498 Feb 28, 2013
Christian wrote:
<quoted text>I cannot prove anything to you while you languish in ignorance.
If you really wanted to know the truth, you would need to study the Holy Bible.
Jesus is the truth, He said so Himself. He said, I am the truth, the way and the life. No Man comes to the Father but by Me.
Notice He, He clearly sated that He is the only way a Man can come to the Father.
The things of God are foolishness to those who are perishing, so if you find the word of God foolishness it means that you are on the road to hell.
You cannot grasp the concept of a Triune God, The Father, Son and the Holy Spirit because it hasn't been given to you to understand. God will not reveal the truth to any proud and sinful man.
Unless you repent and turn form your sins and follow Jesus, you will by no means enter Heaven.
Mohammed was just another ordinary evil criminal, who murdered hundreds of people and he was also a thief and a fornicator. He has no power to save anyone.
Just because you are unable to prove a lie does not mean that others languish in ignorance.
Both Muslims and Jews challenge your trinity. Obviously the atheists don't believe in it.
Many Christians haven't a clue.
All these people languish in ignorance?

I need to study your holy bible you say. Which "holy" bible is that?

The OT is being challenged by Jews as a cheap forgery of Tanach.

You guys haven't even agreed on the number of books that make up your "holy" bible....65,66,73,78,81???

What is this nonsense....you say..
I cannot grasp the concept of a Triune God, The Father, Son and the Holy Spirit because it hasn't been given to me to understand. God will not reveal the truth to any proud and sinful man!!!!

This is a funny god! He rejects sinful man form day one!
Did you not know that you are a born sinner according to your religion, that also claims that a fall guy was sacrificed to take your sin away?

Seems you have no idea about the trinity..and you are not even sure what jesus was doing here!

The fact remains Jesus knows nothing about the trinity!!
Is he sinful?
That is what the people at the time thought!

So you are unable to explain the trinity about which you haven't a clue either because trinity is a sham.

You claim that Jesus went away so that the holy G could come here.... which also means Jesus never had holy G with him!
Here it is again....find me proof from the synoptic gospels to challenge my claims:

We know about Jesus the Jew who came ONLY for the Jews.
I was a "Christian" working with some very highly placed people who were incidentally NOT pedos.

Jesus NEVER claimed divinity. Come on challenge me with REAL scriptures using synoptic gospels.
Go for it...
Thank you.

Location hidden

#165499 Feb 28, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because you are unable to prove a lie does not mean that others languish in ignorance.
Both Muslims and Jews challenge your trinity. Obviously the atheists don't believe in it.
Many Christians haven't a clue.
All these people languish in ignorance?
I need to study your holy bible you say. Which "holy" bible is that?
The OT is being challenged by Jews as a cheap forgery of Tanach.
You guys haven't even agreed on the number of books that make up your "holy" bible....65,66,73,78,81???
What is this nonsense....you say..
I cannot grasp the concept of a Triune God, The Father, Son and the Holy Spirit because it hasn't been given to me to understand. God will not reveal the truth to any proud and sinful man!!!!
This is a funny god! He rejects sinful man form day one!
Did you not know that you are a born sinner according to your religion, that also claims that a fall guy was sacrificed to take your sin away?
Seems you have no idea about the trinity..and you are not even sure what jesus was doing here!
The fact remains Jesus knows nothing about the trinity!!
Is he sinful?
That is what the people at the time thought!
So you are unable to explain the trinity about which you haven't a clue either because trinity is a sham.
You claim that Jesus went away so that the holy G could come here.... which also means Jesus never had holy G with him!
Here it is again....find me proof from the synoptic gospels to challenge my claims:
We know about Jesus the Jew who came ONLY for the Jews.
I was a "Christian" working with some very highly placed people who were incidentally NOT pedos.
Jesus NEVER claimed divinity. Come on challenge me with REAL scriptures using synoptic gospels.
Go for it...
Thank you.
Jesus in the rabbinic traditions..
read it Alex.
http://www.answering-islam.org/Shamoun/talmud...

Location hidden

#165500 Feb 28, 2013
Jesus' Crucifixion

"And it is tradition: On the eve of Passover they hung Jeshu [the Nazarene]. And the crier went forth before him forty days (saying),[Jeshu the Nazarene] goeth forth to be stoned, because he hath practiced magic and deceived and led Israel astray. Anyone who knoweth aught in his favor, let him come and declare concerning him. And they found naught in his favor. And they hung him on the eve of the Passover. Ulla said,'Would it be supposed that [Jeshu the Nazarene] a revolutionary, had aught in his favor?' He was a deceiver and the Merciful (i.e. God) hath said (Deut. xiii 8),‘Thou shalt not spare, neither shalt thou conceal him.’ But it was different with [Jeshu the Nazarene] for he was near the kingdom.'" (Sanhedrin 43a)

Would you believe that any defense would have been so zealously sought for him? He was a deceiver, and the All-merciful says: "You shall not spare him, neither shall you conceal him." It was different with Jesus, for he was near to the kingship.(McDowell & Wilson, p. 65)

III. Jesus' Resurrection

"And he took up his parable and said, Alas, who shall live when God doeth this! R. Simeon b. Lakish said: Woe unto him who maketh himself alive by the name of God.[a covert allusion to Jesus.]" (Sanhedrin 106a)

IV. Jesus' Deity

Christian Author Michael Green quotes a rabbi named Eliezar, writing about AD 160, who writes:

"God saw that a man, son of a woman, was to come forward in the future, who would attempt to make himself God and lead the whole world astray. And if he says he is God he is a liar. And he will lead men astray, and say that he will depart and will return at the end of days." (Green, Who is this Jesus?[Nashville: Thomas Nelson Publishers, 1992], p. 60- cited in We Believe Series - Basics of Christianity, Jesus Knowing Our Savior, author Max Anders [Nashville: Thomas Nelson Publishers, 1995], p. 136)

"Rabbi Eliezer ha-Kappar said: God gave strength to his (Balaam's) voice so that it went from one end of the world to the other, because he looked forth and beheld the nations that bow down to the sun and moon and stars, and to wood and stone, and he looked forth and saw that there was a man, born of a woman, who should rise up and seek to make himself God, and to cause the whole world to go astray. Therefore God gave power to the voice of Balaam that all the peoples of the world might hear, and thus he spake: Give heed that ye go not astray after that man, for is written,'God is not a man that he should lie.' And if he says that he is God, he is a liar; and he will deceive and say that he departed and cometh again at the end. He saith and he shall not perform. See what is written: And he took up his parable and said,'Alas, when God doeth this.' Balaam said, Alas, who shall live - of what nation which heareth that man who hath made himself God." (Yalkut Shimeon,[Salonica] sec. 725 on wayissa mishalo [Num. 23. 7], according to Midrash Y'lamm'denue)

Another rabbi, writing a hundred years after Eliezer, states:

"Rabbi Abahu said, If a man says 'I am God,' he lies; if he says,'I am the Son of man' he shall rue it; 'I will go up to heaven,'(to this applies Num. xxiii 19) he saith, but shall not perform it." (Jerusalem Talmud Taanith-65b)
Eric

Romeoville, IL

#165501 Feb 28, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Here are the facts taken from the Talmud.
Read it all Eric.
An historical record of the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ:
http://www.bibleone.net/print_SF9.html
Or do you want me to post the entire text on this forum?
I read that BS before I posted. No where does that article post FACTS from the sources given that support the resurrection of Jesus. It is surmise from your scriptures only. There are no quotations from the historical works by the non-Christian historians.

By the way, you already posted the article in full.

Now, please post the facts quoted by the non-Christian historians that support the resurrection of Jesus.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Harrogate mother says foster families are relig... (Nov '15) Sep 15 CDDD 55
News Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe (Jun '14) Sep 12 dirt reynolds 121
the 7 great clans (Jun '07) Sep 5 blessed 479
Rev. Mirado Crow (Sep '13) Aug '17 Nobody you know 14
News Woman Explains Why She Kept 100 Dead Cats in He... (Jun '10) Aug '17 Trump Rules Zippy 6
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Jul '17 John 4,952
Do you know where you will spend eternity? Jul '17 JacquelineDeane55 1
More from around the web