Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 253001 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#165306 Feb 26, 2013
susanblange wrote:
God has many names and Allah is one of them. Islam is monotheistic and not idolatry like Christianity, it's a lot closer to Judaism than is Christianity ie they have laws governing behavior and believe in one living God, they also believe in a coming messiah which they call "mahadi"- the Christians call this person "Antichrist"
mohammad ask the people to pray to the daughters of allah; the three goddesses. Who was the mother of these goddesses?
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#165307 Feb 26, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
The Cathoic Church with God's blessing: fixed the Canon of the Holy Bible, gives us approved translations of the Holy Bible, gave us the Catechism of the Catholic Church, etc.
Absolutely correct!
The Catholic Church does NOT need Jesus because they are making up their own religion with their "god"'s blessing.
This "god" is a spooky ghost.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#165308 Feb 26, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Makkah is not human. It cannot speak!
Can BJ save you? NO. Look at proof against "claims". All you are left with unsubstantiated "claims".
You were BORN a SINNER!! I was BORN a SIN FREE person!!
Now mr. diverter...
Please find the following proclamation by Jesus in the "holy" bible:
"I am Jesus. I am your God. I have come in human form as my own son to die for the sins of gentiles (Bonus point: including clueless paul WV) on a Roman Cross. Through me and by accepting my willing, "unconditional", loving sacrifice, you shall have eternal life.(if you don't accept it I will make sure you end up in hellfire)"
*** Also, did Jesus, and does Pope love pork or pork related products?
Who was/were the mother(s) of allah three daughters?
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#165309 Feb 26, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul---The Catholic Church is Immanuel, God with us, and when she speaks God speaks.

HughBe---It is my hope that your post was meant to entertain.

Paul---When the pope in union with the bishops binds or loses something on earth the matter is bond or loosed in heaven.

HughBe--- Please explain the concept and give examples.

Paul--- In other words in this matter the Catholic Church is speaking for Immanuel, God with us. We can now say we are taught by God.

HughBe--- There is a difference between an AGENT and the PRINCIPAL.

You said "The Catholic Church is Immanuel, God with us," and that is PRINCIPAL or God.

You also said that "when she(Catholic Church) speaks God speaks" and I take it that when the Catholic Church speaks EVIL God speaks EVIL. I also take it that when the Catholic Church does EVIL God also does EVIL.

Paul---We can now say we are taught by God.

HughBe--- Surely we can say that BUT it would be a LIE.
Brilliant, dear HughBe and thanks for a timely interjection.

Salaams
BMZ
truth

Perth, Australia

#165310 Feb 26, 2013
you not telm holy bmz ..are you for sure i am liar..
you not tell me why opening holy alla who open shelf so fast
yes frozen dead body

please tell me why so fast
please tell me why..oh no numbers
many many many
why they opening
where they go
where are come-from
next level dimension..or what

why they listening my prayers..holly alla who they are..
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#165311 Feb 26, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely correct!
The Catholic Church does NOT need Jesus because they are making up their own religion with their "god"'s blessing.
The Catholic Church is the Mystical Body of Christ so your claim is wrong. Jesus was very much in the descisions of the councils.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#165312 Feb 26, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
At the Council of Jerusalem, Acts 15, the leaders of the Catholic Church blessed St Paul's mission to the gentiles and gave him advise on what he should require of his converts. The Councils of the Catholic Church are a continuation of that process started by the Apostles in response to matters regarding God and His Church.
At the Council of Nicaea God spoke through the council to lay to rest the arian heresy and reveal the triune nature of God.
Ruddy hell...Roman Catholic Church was there 65AD?
Vatican too?
Jee.....sus was not involved in this "gentile" conversion...HOW TELLING!!!

Now their "god" speaks through the council!

Did god tell this CATHOLIC CHURCH in VATICAN to encourage the holy fathers to play with rent boys, engage in homosexual acts, wear panties just before attending the mass?
You really ought to find out what is going on inside your "holy" godly church!

What did "holy" ghost tell the holy father K.P.(P for patrick or pedo?) O'Brien??
http://ncronline.org/blogs/ncr-today/embattle...
bmz

Singapore

#165313 Feb 26, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no way to prove or disprove Jesus is god in flesh if you really understood the theology behind Trinity, but we know yet you don't even know what it says.

However what can be proven is that the Nazarene was not god, hence he cannot have been god in flesh.
Quote in full, please!

Please go ahead and explain the theology behind Trinity.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#165314 Feb 26, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Who was/were the mother(s) of allah three daughters?
Hello foolish person.
I have told you Makkah cannot speak!

About your god having a son...it would be better if he had daughters because naked daughters on a phallic pole will fit the bill and your "holy" places will increase the number of punters overnight!

Now...

Can BJ save you? NO. Look at proof against "claims". All you are left with unsubstantiated "claims".
You were BORN a SINNER!! I was BORN a SIN FREE person!!
Now mr. diverter...
Please find the following proclamation by Jesus in the "holy" bible:
"I am Jesus. I am your God. I have come in human form as my own son to die for the sins of gentiles (Bonus point: including clueless paul WV) on a Roman Cross. Through me and by accepting my willing, "unconditional", loving sacrifice, you shall have eternal life.(if you don't accept it I will make sure you end up in hellfire)"
*** Also, did Jesus, and does Pope love pork or pork related products?
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#165315 Feb 26, 2013
uhuh wrote:
"John"s fictional tales
12:20-26,
some Greeks came to Jerusalem to worship at the Pesach festival
they asked to see Jesus
Jesus said to them: The hour has come for me to die and be glorified. Because truly truly I say to you that unless I die, I won't bear much fruit. So, if any man serves me, let him follow me.
lol..........
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#165316 Feb 26, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ruddy hell...Roman Catholic Church was there 65AD?
Vatican too?
Jee.....sus was not involved in this "gentile" conversion...HOW TELLING!!!
Now their "god" speaks through the council!
Did god tell this CATHOLIC CHURCH in VATICAN to encourage the holy fathers to play with rent boys, engage in homosexual acts, wear panties just before attending the mass?
You really ought to find out what is going on inside your "holy" godly church!
What did "holy" ghost tell the holy father K.P.(P for patrick or pedo?) O'Brien??
http://ncronline.org/blogs/ncr-today/embattle...
Who was/were the mohter(s) of allah's three daughters? Is there any quranic information tell who the mother(s) was/were?
truth

Perth, Australia

#165317 Feb 26, 2013
I personally not believe 7 billions kids not coming from priest..no.
We know whats others want.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#165318 Feb 26, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul---The Catholic Church is Immanuel, God with us, and when she speaks God speaks.
HughBe---It is my hope that your post was meant to entertain.
Paul---When the pope in union with the bishops binds or loses something on earth the matter is bond or loosed in heaven.
HughBe--- Please explain the concept and give examples.
Paul--- In other words in this matter the Catholic Church is speaking for Immanuel, God with us. We can now say we are taught by God.
HughBe--- There is a difference between an AGENT and the PRINCIPAL.
You said "The Catholic Church is Immanuel, God with us," and that is PRINCIPAL or God.
You also said that "when she(Catholic Church) speaks God speaks" and I take it that when the Catholic Church speaks EVIL God speaks EVIL. I also take it that when the Catholic Church does EVIL God also does EVIL.
Paul---We can now say we are taught by God.
HughBe--- Surely we can say that BUT it would be a LIE.
Very good points HughBe. You are a wise person. God Bless.
Peace.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#165319 Feb 26, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Quote in full, please!
]

Three nitwits who have nothing to do with God or the Servant of God Jesus?

If HG is a separate entity...then father and son are devoid of HG!!
Think about it dear trinitarians!
This comment is not as simple as you might think......
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#165320 Feb 26, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
The Cathoic Church with God's blessing: fixed the Canon of the Holy Bible, gives us approved translations of the Holy Bible, gave us the Catechism of the Catholic Church, etc.
your "god" is quite a liberal lord it seems....

Popes sexually active, or accused of being sexually active, during pontificate:

Pope Sergius III (904–911) was accused by his opponents of being the illegitimate father of Pope John XI by Marozia.

These accusations are found in Liutprand of Cremona's Antapodosis, as well as the Liber Pontificalis.
John XI was brother of Alberic II, the latter being the offspring of Marozia and her husband Alberic I, so John too may have been the son of Marozia and Alberic I.

Pope John X (914–928) had romantic affairs with both Theodora and her daughter Marozia, according to Liutprand of Cremona in his Antapodosis: "The first of the popes to be created by a woman and now destroyed by her daughter".

Pope John XII (955–963)- holy CALIGULA! was accused by his adversaries of adultery and incest. The monk Benedict of Soracte noted in his volume XXXVII that he "liked to have a collection of women". According to Liutprand of Cremona in his Antapodosis, "they testified about his adultery, which they did not see with their own eyes, but nonetheless knew with certainty: he had fornicated with the widow of Rainier, with Stephana his father's concubine, with the widow Anna, and with his own niece, and he made the sacred palace into a whorehouse." According to E. R. Chamberlin, John XII was "a Christian Caligula whose crimes were rendered particularly horrific by the office he held". Some sources report that he was rumoured to have died 8 days after being stricken by paralysis while in the act of adultery, others that he was killed by the jealous husband while in the act of committing adultery.

Pope Benedict IX (1032– became pope in 1044, again in 1045 and finally 1047–1048). He was accused by Bishop Benno of Piacenza of "many vile adulteries." Pope Victor III referred in his third book of Dialogues to "his rapes... and other unspeakable acts." His life prompted Saint Peter Damian to write an extended treatise against sex in general, and homosexuality in particular. In his Liber Gomorrhianus, Damian accused Benedict IX of routine SODOMY and BESTIALITY and sponsoring ORGIES. In May 1045, Benedict IX resigned his office to pursue marriage.

Pope Alexander VI (1492–1503) had a long affair with Vannozza dei Cattanei before his papacy, and by her had his illegitimate children Cesare and Lucrezia. A later mistress, Giulia Farnese, was the sister of Alessandro Farnese, who later became Pope Paul III. Alexander fathered at least seven, and possibly as many as ten illegitimate children.

Popes accused of having male lovers during pontificate:

Pope Paul II (1464–1471) is popularly thought to have died due to indigestion arising from eating melon in excess, though a rumour was spread by his detractors that he died while engaging in sodomy.

Pope Sixtus IV (1471–1484) was alleged to have awarded gifts and benefices to court favourites in return for sexual favours. Giovanni Sclafenato was created a cardinal by Sixtus for "ingenuousness, loyalty,...and his other gifts of soul and body", according to the papal epitaph on his tomb.

Pope Leo X (1513–1521) was allegedly a practising homosexual, according to some modern and contemporary sources (Francesco Guicciardini and Paolo Giovio). He was alleged to have had a particular (albeit one-sided) infatuation for Marcantonio Flaminio.

Pope Julius III (1550–1555) was alleged to have had a long affair with Innocenzo Ciocchi del Monte. The Venetian ambassador at that time reported that Innocenzo shared the pope's bed.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#165321 Feb 26, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church is the Mystical Body of Christ so your claim is wrong. Jesus was very much in the descisions of the councils.
DELUSION is your affliction.

Absolutely correct! They discuss Jesus and make up their own stories!!

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#165322 Feb 26, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Quote in full, please!
I did it soooo many times in the past you didn't get it anyway. Even other people explained it to you, but you still don't get it and came out always with the Muslim concept of Trinity, which is so wrong.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#165323 Feb 26, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me who was/were the mother(s) of allah's three daughters? Do you have a copy of the original koran where mohammad tells the people to pray to these goddesses?
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#165324 Feb 26, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
You got that confused with how muslim leaders come up with their fatwas. They sit around and discuss what they guess mohammad would do and then make up some fatwa; like sleeping with a dead wife; breast feeding male co-workers so that they become family; etc.
bmz

Singapore

#165325 Feb 26, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church is the Mystical Body of Christ and is thus Immanuel, God with us. The pope with the magisterium is the visible head of the Mystical Body of Christ.
Correction, Paul

It should read:

The Catholic Church is the Mythical Body of Christ and God is not with us. The pope with the magisterium is the Fatwa Master of the Mythical Body of Christ.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 54 min Patrick 4,524
Astrology and Paganism Thu Wolf 1
SHADOW PEOPLE... i need help (May '07) Jun 28 Friendly User17 348
News Ancient Spirituality and Commerce Clash in Mari El (Aug '10) Jun 25 yav1112 13
News Pastor: Church sign on Ramadan drew angry call,... Jun 20 The Prophet MO LIES 9
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) Jun 15 Jakes mom 112
News This Halloween, Think of Islam as a Religion of... May '16 Im a poet and I k... 2
More from around the web