Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 252879 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#165266 Feb 26, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
pagan
Brilliant.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#165267 Feb 26, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>This not spam.
Alex asked for this information.
You might do your self some good and read those post.
You might find Jesus is someone you may want to respect.
Respect and obedience to God is the teaching Jesus brought to every human being.
The fact that you couldnt convey the intended information in a simple post like that without adding those last two lines is a testamount to your obnoxious preachiness....
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#165268 Feb 26, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Excerpts from the Gospel of Barnabas, Part-60
Chapter 126 Jesus sends his Disciples
Jesus having called together his disciples, sent them forth by two and two through the region of Israel, saying: "Go and preach even as you have heard." Then they bowed themselves and he laid his hand upon their heads, saying: "In the name of God, give health to the sick, cast out the demons, and undeceive Israel concerning me, telling them that which I said before the high priest."
They departed therefore, all of them save him who writes, with James ;and John;; and they went through all Judea, preaching penitence even as Jesus had told them, healing every sort of sickness, insomuch that in Israel were confirmed the words of Jesus that God is one and Jesus is prophet of God, when they saw such a multitude do that which Jesus did concerning the healing of the sick.
But the sons of the devil found another way to persecute Jesus, and these were the priests and the scribes. Whereupon they began to say that Jesus aspired to the monarchy over Israel. But they feared the common people, wherefore they plotted against Jesus secretly….
Chapter 127 Jesus in Temple
Jesus departed from the desert and entered into Jerusalem; whereupon all the people ran to the Temple to see him. So after the reading of the psalms Jesus mounted up on the pinnacle where the scribe used to mount, and, having beckoned for silence with his hand, he said : "Blessed be the holy name of God, O brethren, who has created us of the clay of the earth, and not of flaming spirit. For when we sin we find mercy before God, which Satan will never find, because through his pride he is incorrigible, saying that he is always noble, for that he is flaming spirit.
Have you heard, brethren, that which our father David says of our God, that he remembers that we are dust and that our spirit goes and returns not again, wherefore he has had mercy upon us? Blessed are they that know these words, for they will not sin against their Lord eternally, seeing that after the sin they repent, wherefore their sin abides not. Woe to them that extol themselves, for they shall be humbled to the burning coals of hell. Tell me, brethren, what is the cause for self-exaltation?
Is there, perhaps, any good here upon earth? No, assuredly, for as says Solomon, the prophet of God: "Everything that is under the sun is vanity." But if the things of the world do not give us cause to extol ourselves in our heart, much less does our life give us cause; for it is burdened with many miseries, since all the creatures inferior to man fight against us. O, how many have been slain by the burning heat of summer; how many have been slain by the frost and cold of winter; how many have been slain by lightning and by hail; how many have been drowned in the sea by the fury of winds; how many have died of pestilence, of famine, or because they have been devoured of wild beasts, bitten of serpents, choked by food!…
Note: Compare the words of Jesus here with those recorded in Canonical Gospels-MUQ
(Abridged)
Thank you very much brother. It is quite moving. Jesus PBUH, is going through trials and tribulations as experienced by men of God before and after him.
Salaams, WM
truth

Perth, Australia

#165269 Feb 26, 2013
Don't eat Salama from horse donkey or deva..
o yes
Jesus say forgiveness=its mean Alali= Halali=or ujoli=go away!
Alali halali
holy holy holy..
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#165270 Feb 26, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Your point???
John 17:1-3
When Jesus had said these words, he raised his eyes to Heaven and said, "Father, the hour has come. Glorify your Son now so that he may bring glory to you, for you have given him authority over all men to give eternal life for all that you have given to him. And this is eternal life, to know you, the only true God, and him whom you have sent—Jesus Christ."
Acts 3:13....Peter addresssing men of Israel about SERVANT of God:
New International Version (©1984)
The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified his SERVANT Jesus. You handed him over to be killed, and you disowned him before Pilate, though he had decided to let him go.

New Living Translation (©2007)
For it is the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob--the God of all our ancestors--who has brought glory to his SERVANT Jesus by doing this. This is the same Jesus whom you handed over and rejected before Pilate, despite Pilate's decision to release him.

English Standard Version (©2001)
The God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, the God of our fathers, glorified his SERVANT Jesus, whom you delivered over and denied in the presence of Pilate, when he had decided to release him.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
"The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified His SERVANT Jesus, the one whom you delivered and disowned in the presence of Pilate, when he had decided to release Him.

Holman Christian Standard Bible (©2009)
The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified His SERVANT Jesus, whom you handed over and denied in the presence of Pilate, when he had decided to release Him.

International Standard Version (©2012)
The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob—the God of our ancestors—has glorified his SERVANT Jesus, whom you betrayed and rejected in the presence of Pilate, even though he had decided to let him go.

OK, a Jewish servant of GOD = "god" of Christians?!!!!!!
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#165271 Feb 26, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to go to a bull farm if your looking for bull shit.
Is this bullshit then???

John 20:17
Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet returned to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them,

'I am returning to my Father AND your Father, to my God AND your God.'"

or is he saying to YOU skeptic something else???

MAY BE:

SHAM-MA 20:17

...'I am returning to my Father NOT your Father, to my God NOT your God....BECAUSE I AM MY OWN FATHER AND GOD'

Yes indeed makes good "christian" sense!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#165272 Feb 26, 2013
They say to you about splitting.

Jewish
Je;wish
Wish is desire to have
about what?

serva;nt
jes;us
pi;late

Did you see?
Think about that!
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#165273 Feb 26, 2013
Observer wrote:

Now you find my simple questions confusing?

Incidentally, point out to a single post where I have defended any of "my" scriptures. The only difference is I am allowed to question those scriptures, have a critical opinion on them without the threat of any fatwa being issued. I am free to follow them or abandon them completely or choose the parts which appeal to my intellect and choose my own path. "My" scriptures don't imprison me. Can you say that about yours?

Muslims make the claim of ownership of Allah by saying the word of God was revealed only to them through the last and final prophet and in order to follow the "true" path, EVERYONE must follow what this true path. Doesn't that mean that only as a Muslim you have access to Allah?
That's what you have been saying!
Ans.

01. Who told you Muslims have not asked questions about Quran? There are great debates on each and every word used in Quran. All these are in books devoted to study of Quran.

But when people who do not know even a. b.,c of Arabic starting passing "Expert" comments on Quran and its meanings, the effort is to be checked. There is no restriction for any one to study Quran and each and every word recorded in it and trace its meanings.

Every Tom , Dick and Harry coming up and telling "This verse should be worded like this and that word does not look good to me here"…. If you think this is freedom, then you are wrong.

Why do you not do it for Constitution of India and rules passed by the parliament or books written on medicine and engineering?

We do not want such type of "anarchy" which is not tolerated in any field, except religion, where every one can claim to be an "expert"!!

02. And NO MUSLIM claims that ONLY Our prophet got the revelation and no other prophet in the past.

Quran confirms previous revelations and names many such prophets also.

But Quran is the last and final revelation from God All Mighty and now the "Only source" to know what are real teachings.

Every one has access to Allah, by calling His name and praying to Him. But that link does not mean that Allah sends revelation to him. Allah accepts his or her prayers and removes their difficulties and blesses them.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#165274 Feb 26, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you very much brother. It is quite moving. Jesus PBUH, is going through trials and tribulations as experienced by men of God before and after him.
Salaams, WM
Thank you brother VM for your kind words and support.

Salaam

MUQ
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#165275 Feb 26, 2013
John 20:17
'I am returning to my Father AND your Father, to my God AND your God.'"

("Hey Shamma...I am just a human being...stop worshipping me": signed Jesus!!)
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#165276 Feb 26, 2013
Acts 3:13....

"The God of Abraham... has glorified his SERVANT Jesus..."

New Living Translation (©2007)
"For it is the God of Abraham..who has brought glory to his SERVANT Jesus.."

English Standard Version (©2001)
"The God of Abraham.. glorified his SERVANT Jesus,.."

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
"The God of Abraham..has glorified His SERVANT Jesus,.."

Holman Christian Standard Bible (©2009)
"The God of Abraham..has glorified His SERVANT Jesus,.."

International Standard Version (©2012)
"The God of Abraham.. has glorified his SERVANT Jesus,.."

A Jewish SERVANT of God = "minimangod" of Christians?!!!!
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#165277 Feb 26, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Same bloody bull shit again!
Where and when did Jesus unload this bull shit, "I am God in human flesh"?
I Am going for a meeting. Will see your absurd reply later.
When did mecca say to bow down to it throughout the world?
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#165278 Feb 26, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Same bloody bull shit again!
Where and when did Jesus unload this bull shit, "I am God in human flesh"?
I Am going for a meeting. Will see your absurd reply later.
He whispered (en-route to emmaus)to two of his frightened "disciples" who only a couple of days ago, abandoned him and fled naked ...
(with one offcial sighting, during those days of "Fox"-free Live news reporting!!!!).

This BJ must be desperate with no real friends, to go after those pathetic cowards who fled at first sign of trouble and continued to deny having even set eyes upon him!

They were still cowards in the upper room and he tells them to change "all nations" ...

( we know he was referring to neighbouring villages and not china, russia, korea, USA or japan!!!!)
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#165279 Feb 26, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
When did mecca say to bow down to it throughout the world?
***We can tell you as soon as you find the following proclamation by Jesus in the "holy" bible:

"I am Jesus. I am your God. I have come in human form as my own son to die for the sins of gentiles (Bonus point:including clueless paul WV) on a Roman Cross. Through me and by accepting my willing, "unconditional", loving sacrifice, you shall have eternal life.(if you don't accept it I will make sure you end up in hellfire)"

*** Also, did Jesus, and does Pope love pork or pork related products?
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#165280 Feb 26, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
pagan
Excellent!

That was crisp and the one word was like a passage for Shaman.
Christian

Punchbowl, Australia

#165281 Feb 26, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for confirming that your "loving" christian god has no idea about mercy or forgiving!
Thank you for telling us that your god will NOT tolerate anyone who rejects him!
I thought your god died because he loved everybody ..and that he died willingly to show his "unconditional" love for humanity!!!
Oh well...now you are telling us that your god is a spiteful hate filled demon.
thank you for warning us.
Our God has mercy on whom He chooses to have mercy upon.

He is a loving God but He is also a just God who punishes every sin.

I don't know where you got the lie that Jesus died for all people. That is Islamic propaganda, Jesus came save God's elect people. He certainly didn't come to save everyone.

No dirty sinner deserves to be saved, but God choose to save a certain number of sinners from an eternity in hell for His own glory.

Many Muslims have converted and many more would if it wasn't for Islam's barbaric practice of executing anyone who tries to get out of that false and evil religion.

The Islamic God is Satan Himself, He has deceived Muslims into believing that He is Allah but behind the mask is Satan Himself.

I feel pity for Muslims, it's sad to see so many have been blinded by Satan and His Prophet Muhammed.

Just look at the fruits of Islam, BLOOD, MURDER, EXECUTION, VIOLENCE, TERRORISM, HATRED, BROTHERS KILLING EACH OTHER, SUICIDE BOMBINGS and on and on it goes.

Islam has bought nothing but bloody evil into the world.

Please examine all the facts and you will arrive at the same conclusion.
bmz

Singapore

#165282 Feb 26, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Brilliant.
Indeed! It was brilliant. I would love to do that. 
bmz

Singapore

#165283 Feb 26, 2013
JOhn wrote:
<quoted text>
You are barking mad bmz.
You are also a liar.
No, Johnny

You should call the Church and her fathers, a bunch of liars.

Only liars will accept the following statements:

"Jesus is the Son of God."

"Jesus is God in flesh."

"Jesus is God".

So, if you see any Christian writing that kind of stuff, please call him a LIAR.
bmz

Singapore

#165284 Feb 26, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Listen to your self in you post.
Are you God that you can say "I God did not speak even a word in the New Testament", as you claim?
I don't have to be God to say that. Even a 3rd Grader will say that. God almighty is silent and absent throughout the New Testament, because the men, who penned the NT had their eyes fixed only on Jesus.

The books were written about Jesus, not God.
bmz

Singapore

#165285 Feb 26, 2013
John wrote:
Bwahhahhahhahhah!!!

You wouldn't know the truth if it pissed in your face bmz.

You try to falsely interpret the scriptures to con people into thinking that Christ is a muztard and then get all upset when everybody laughs at you.
Johnny, truth does not have a dick, I mean a penis.

Your Christ was not a muztard. He was just an ordinary tard.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SHADOW PEOPLE... i need help (May '07) 21 hr Friendly User17 348
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Mon emperorjohn 4,483
News Ancient Spirituality and Commerce Clash in Mari El (Aug '10) Jun 25 yav1112 13
News Pastor: Church sign on Ramadan drew angry call,... Jun 20 The Prophet MO LIES 9
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) Jun 15 Jakes mom 112
News This Halloween, Think of Islam as a Religion of... May '16 Im a poet and I k... 2
News Who Is Allah? (Jul '08) May '16 Joel 13,168
More from around the web