Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 228280 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#164122 Feb 17, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>This is exactly what I mean by your presumptuous arrogance. It is NOT your place to say what God can and can't do. Nor was it ever Mohammad's, not that you've ever allowed yourself to consider the possibility that this wannabe Jewish prophet was just plain wrong.
You are the arrogant one and you don't even know it!

With all due respect it is NOT your place to say what God can and can't do, by turning him into a peeing pooing "creation" especially when GOD has not made such promises.

Even Jesus NEVER made any such claim.

If you are talking about God and Jesus at least try and get their proper permission by getting clear statements from them about Jesus' divinity!

That's why I have to keep repeating things to you...such as..
Oh lordy!!
If God "becomes" (instead of PRETENDING TO BE...watch my words...) his creation then he is no longer God..

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#164123 Feb 17, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Grandma Moses?
http://search.yahoo.com/search...
I know the winterpainting from xmass cards.

Location hidden

#164124 Feb 17, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
There was a lot of politics and horse trading going on at that time.
Jesus must have annoyed many and pleased only few ineffective cowards?
Not withstanding this, I believe he did prick the consciences of an arrogant bunch or two somewhere among that lot!
Perhaps he was a scape goat...or should we say lamb?lol.
Thanks for the good post.
I never really bother unless i came accross something salient.
But most of what christians or others consider great saying are allready attested as originating elsewhere.
We talked a little about the story structure and general content upon discussing f.i. Atwill, the gospels a retelling of certain themes in jewish history or even of certain books that were not included in the official church canon. So a christian would never know and being pointed out call them not divinely inspired.
Well they must be if jesus quoted from them.;p
So conversely we see jesus becoming a teacher.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#164125 Feb 17, 2013
I recall my point was that if he was dvine then he would have been able to make miracles. If that is true then the Romans would have recorded it, but they didn't because the miracles attributed to him were inventions.
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like a Spielberg plot, but just like Raiders of the Lost Ark, there is no way in hell that the Nazis were going to force YHWH via the Ark to destroy their battlefield opponents. Jesus would likewise have not allowed himself to be used as a tool of Roman conquest.
The Nazarene performed miracles. If such a person existed and done it, then the Romans who were present there would have recorded it, but they didn't.

I see something wrong with it.

So if the Nazarene was able to make miracles, I think would have been logic for the Romans who were there to capture him and bring him to Rome. But nothing of all that happened.

If the Nazarene was brought to Rome, then the Romans would have used him to heal and resurrect its soldiers. If the Nazarene rejected such a task, then Romans would have menaced of death his mother, brothers, sisters, cousins, friends and disciples. At that point he cannot kill the Romans, being himself a pacifist so was forced to heal roman soldiers.

Location hidden

#164126 Feb 17, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
This cretin has many marbles missing and he simply refuses to acknowledge the ever present hyper deficiency in "his" language department!
Thanks for your self portrait, demented.

Location hidden

#164127 Feb 17, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Very interesting.
Also in Gospel of Luke 1:15 it gives a lot more respect to JTB, compared with wine making drunken BJ!!
Also his head was chopped off like that of a lamb!!
Have you ever come across a sacrificial lamb that was nailed to a roman pagan cross?
or that got up and ran off?
LOL////
I wish they would learn to understand the symbolic language.
You would still have a discussion but if would be different.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#164128 Feb 17, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
You are the arrogant one and you don't even know it!
With all due respect it is NOT your place to say what God can and can't do, by turning him into a peeing pooing "creation" especially when GOD has not made such promises.
So now GOD'S interventions in human history MUST be tied to prior promises that GOD makes. I believe that there is something in the Qur'an about tying God's hands. Yes, that's right. It was an accusation that your "prophet" made against the Jews.
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
Even Jesus NEVER made any such claim.
And he shat and pissed his entire life, didn't he?
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
If you are talking about God and Jesus at least try and get their proper permission by getting clear statements from them about Jesus' divinity!
Jesus forgave sin, in one Gospel account, and forgiveness of sin is God's prerogative, isn't it? In another Gospel account, Jesus claimed identity with YHWH, and even prexistence, which prompted his hearers to want to kill him as a blasphemer.
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
That's why I have to keep repeating things to you...such as..
Oh lordy!!
If God "becomes" (instead of PRETENDING TO BE...watch my words...) his creation then he is no longer God..
You keep repeating things to me because you are unteachable.

Consider this, MUSLIM. God can do whatever it pleases God to do, including becoming a "peeing pooing 'creation'," and the sooner you realize that God doesn't need your PERMISSION to do anything, the sooner you will stop being such an arrogant know-it-all.

Location hidden

#164129 Feb 17, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Quranic verse and context will be helpful
The Quranic verse was given. This imbecile has need to find a job, instead to waste time here.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#164130 Feb 17, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish they would learn to understand the symbolic language.
You would still have a discussion but if would be different.
Symbolic language was all the rage with the gnostics...

Location hidden

#164131 Feb 17, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Symbolic language was all the rage with the gnostics...
The qurestion would be how much of it entered both christian and islamic texts. God hands are tight by the jews, would that be the very accusation of not allowing a mangod to exist?
Or the fact that anther god is invented to usurp YHWH/Elohym and yet another empire in the make?
A quote by now would be handy.(if it was in something MUQ quoted we can forget about it ever be found again. The salient point about most of his quoted text is that they never contain references. Sofar the level of islamic scholar-ship.)
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#164132 Feb 17, 2013
You are the unwanted troll and a nuisance here!
You can't speak English...well, you are incapable of even realising you have a huge handicap in that department!
But...you think your English is perfect while failing to grasp what is being said.
All in all you are a pathetic jobless Euro sponger who lives in his little bubble of ignorance.
Half the posters can't understand you and the other half wish you rejoin mussolini...lol.
Now go away fool.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#164133 Feb 17, 2013
What is more important than the historicity of the personality is the teachings and in this regard it can be unequivocally said that the teachings of the Semitic prophets are neither original nor profound.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#164134 Feb 17, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
The Quranic verse was given. This imbecile has need to find a job, instead to waste time here.
You are the unwanted troll and a nuisance here!
You can't speak English...well, you are incapable of even realising you have a huge handicap in that department!
But...you think your English is perfect while failing to grasp what is being said.
All in all you are a pathetic jobless Euro sponger who lives in his little bubble of ignorance.
Half the posters can't understand you and the other half wish you rejoin mussolini...lol.
Now go away fool.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#164135 Feb 17, 2013
HOW SYMBOLIC IS SYMBOLIC LANGUAGE?

1) Non-mystics usually think that mystics employ symbolic language to convey abstruse truths but often it so happens that the thing "seen" on a supraphysical plane via the trance state exactly exists or corresponds to the symbol portrayed.

2) Half-human-half-beasts, multi-armed deities, stairs leading to a light, ripples of light, circles, squares, triangles, conch shells, swastika, dot, coiled serpents and the like are all seen on the vital and lower mind planes during trance and each of these has a unique meaning that defines the degree of consciousness-energy expressed.

3) At times, the mystic understands his vision, while, at other times, he simply sees and experiences the thing but fails to comprehend its essence.

4) Explaining the experience or vision occurs later and is always a dimunition considering the inadequacy of the spoken word.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#164136 Feb 17, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>
So now GOD'S interventions in human history MUST be tied to prior promises that GOD makes. I believe that there is something in the Qur'an about tying God's hands. Yes, that's right. It was an accusation that your "prophet" made against the Jews.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Jesus forgave sin, in one Gospel account, and forgiveness of sin is God's prerogative, isn't it? In another Gospel account, Jesus claimed identity with YHWH, and even prexistence, which prompted his hearers to want to kill him as a blasphemer.
<quoted text>You keep repeating things to me because you are unteachable.
Consider this, MUSLIM. God can do whatever it pleases God to do, including becoming a "peeing pooing 'creation'," and the sooner you realize that God doesn't need your PERMISSION to do anything, the sooner you will stop being such an arrogant know-it-all.
You have just CREATED your own God in your own image!!
Well done birdbrain...
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#164137 Feb 17, 2013
GOD IS MANY, NOT ONE:

1) By God or G-d is always meant an archetypal being of a specific sub-plane or plane as the case may be.

2) There are thousands of planes and tens of thousands of competing beings.

3) The beings of the lower planes are the vicious, partially knowledgeable, egoistic, megalomaniacal and jealous ones who style themselves G-d or God, forbid their followers from worshipping their rival beings, at times demand blood sacrifices to further puff up their pride and to feed on the released vital energies of the slain beast or human and wish to be worshipped by human beings failing which they issue stern warnings of bringing misery into the life of the infidels, apostates and heretics.

4) The prophets are either incarnations of these minor beings or are men possessed by them.

5) God is thus many and not one.

6) The ultimate reality is a unified field of consciousness-energy.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#164138 Feb 17, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>
....Jesus forgave sin, in one Gospel account, and forgiveness of sin is God's prerogative, isn't it? In another Gospel account, Jesus claimed identity with YHWH, and even prexistence, which prompted his hearers to want to kill him as a blasphemer.
<quoted text>You keep repeating things to me because you are unteachable.
BU-ford...with all the best will in the world..you have a long way to go yet...

- If your mangod "forgave" sins, then why the HELL did he kill himself for the sins of "gentiles" who were DOGS and PIGS to him?
He could have simply said..."Hey mankind..you are forgiven and I am off back to daddfy"!!!

Even worse...your callous mangod lured the poor JEWS to get him MURDERED!!

Surely based just on that bit of premeditation....your mangod is a deceiver extraordinaire!
- now you know why I have to repeat. You refuse to learn!
- You keep saying God can do what "he" wills....while all the time you keep MEANING..."God will do what i will"!!!

Reflect on this...realise your folly...embrace islam...the only answer to your problems..
Bless...
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#164139 Feb 17, 2013
Not dimunition...it should read as diminution.

Location hidden

#164140 Feb 17, 2013
JOEL wrote:
Not dimunition...it should read as diminution.
That was of great help in understanding the abstruse content of your post.;p
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#164141 Feb 17, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Jesus forgave sin, in one Gospel account, and forgiveness of sin is God's prerogative, isn't it? In another Gospel account, Jesus claimed identity with YHWH, and even prexistence, which prompted his hearers to want to kill him as a blasphemer....
Just realised!! you talked more rubbish than I first thought!!!

*** When I said "Jesus NEVER made any divinity claim; that he was God or god in human form who had come as his own son to die for the sins of gentiles".

You came back with an "ignorant classic" which was:

"And he shat and pissed his entire life, didn't he?"

You are right!!
He was also hiding ..and many thought he was a nutcase..not many took him seriously....He was not given any position of power...they didn't even know what he looked like...it took a hard up disiciple to point him out!!! women jeered him including the daughters of Jerusalem and those who saw him struggling on one/two donkey ride.

***When I said:
"If you are talking about God and Jesus at least try and get their proper permission by getting clear statements from them about Jesus' divinity!"

You come up with this dumb classic:
"Jesus forgave sin, in one Gospel account, and forgiveness of sin is God's prerogative, isn't it? In another Gospel account, Jesus claimed identity with YHWH, and even prexistence, which prompted his hearers to want to kill him as a blasphemer. "

I have already given my reply..ie: "Then the man should have forgiven everybody and run off back to daddy"!

*** Also...you are naive enough to "believe" that a punter was actually forgiven by GOD just because his servant Jesus said it!!!!
Jesus is NOT God and "BJ" from bible does many silly things.

There is NO proof whatsoever that the man was forgive by God.
God did not say form up above..."Yes you are forgiven as my servant Jesus has put in a request to me!"

Load of rubbish about pre existence..and you know it..
This man was talking in parables.

If he was God he would have said "I AM GOD" ..period.

So buford...you are CREATING GOD..in your own sad image!

Case closed..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Si Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty' Star, Says Atheist... Jul 26 Shizle 40
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) Jul 24 skylar 108
Shadows and sounds Jul 23 Dizy 1
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) Jul 6 TC_Tia 14,656
News Looking for a Pagan community in Kentucky? (Mar '12) Jul 4 Pam 11
News What is Asatru? (Dec '10) Jul 3 ex pagan 2
News Sorry Witches, You Won't Be Able to Buy Spells ... Jun '15 Drake_Burrwood 1
More from around the web