Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 211,869

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#164118 Feb 17, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.zombierama.com/brainwaves/toptenli...
Top Ten Zombie Movies of all time
0. White Zombie.--The one that started it all. This classic horror is eerie, inventive, and suspenseful, without one gut being munched. It set the mythos for zombie films for years to come.
9. Bio Zombie.--This movie has action, horror, and suspense, but I think what really made it for me was the heroes. The fact that Woody and Bee are so funny together and that their dialog is so great (at least, their translated dialog) is what raises this film above others of its kind.
8. Braindead.--Peter Jackson has a flair for gore, and he makes full use of it in this movie, but the gore is just a backdrop to the engaging storyline of a mild-mannered man who has to wade through a host of zombies to find love. Add in several truly original and bizarre ideas, and you have this classic.
7. Shaun of the Dead.--This is the same kind of film as Braindead (combining horror and intelligent humor), but the storyline was even more interesting, and it's in a more classic zombie film style.
6. Zombieland.--This movie was creative, vibrant, and funny, and made me leave the theater smiling. Despite being set in a postzombie apocalypse world, it's almost cheerful, and excellently done.
5. 28 Days Later.--This movie kept me on the edge of my seat when I thought that I had become desensitized to zombie movies. After watching it for the second time at a friend's house, as I was leaving I managed to partially convince myself that there was an enraged zombie waiting quietly for me in the dark of the stairwell. A scary, engrossing movie.
4. Army of Darkness.--Raimi improves on the straight slapstick of Evil Dead II by adding an epic adventure, Ash-style, and more ways for Ash to harm himself. Campbell also perfects his smarmy portrayal of the hero.
3. Dawn of the Dead (1978).--I think it's because Romero manages so well to convey the sense of acopalypse that his movies have such an impact. There is a desperation underlying everything that does not let up, and so an already well-written action/horror becomes even more gripping. This movie, as opposed to Night of the Living Dead, spawned many "sequels" in Italy, and the idea of being trapped in a large building (mall, warehouse, etc.) seemed to catch on much more than the idea of being trapped in a farmhouse.
2. Dellamorte Dellamore.--I once summarized the plot of this movie to a friend in the following way: "First there's some sex and arty stuff, and then it gets down to the zombies." This was an unjust simplification of a complex and interesting movie, which at the same time, on the surface, is a thoroughly enjoyable zombie flick. I probably still haven't figured out everything that's going on in it.
1. Night of the Living Dead (1968).--Although some of the ideas from Dawn of the Dead may have caught on more readily, Night of the Living Dead was first, and its impact on the world of zombie films is unquestionable. Eerie, tense, and imaginative, it is still a great film to this day.
lol..
Thank you for injecting the dead back into life...
lol..
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#164119 Feb 17, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
Who said Muhammad elevated the arabs, his mother, wife, children? Father Fraud understands whatever his unbalanced mind suggest to.
Allah preferred Muhammad only over the rest of the world population. This is clear to anyone who has not mental problems, or doesn't suffer of complex of inferiority...
This cretin has many marbles missing and he simply refuses to acknowledge the ever present hyper deficiency in "his" language department!

He reminds me of two things that are infinite - the universe and human stupidity and he is not the universe!

Let me repeat and hope he understands it this time...

That "man" came for all mankind and that "man" did not go around elevating arabs, his mother, his children and wife....but he elevated Mary the Jewish woman above other women.

That man proclaimed Jesus was a virtuous man of God when a whole host of Jews at that time called him a BSTD!!

He did not say, only Arabs were superior or that Allah was just for Arabs.

He said an arab is not superior to non arab and a non arab not superior to arab; a black is not superior to white or a white superior to black...

He was concerned with good deeds and piety that God wanted instead of your race, money, wealth, beauty and power!

God will OBVIOUSLY favour such a man above all other!!

You are the chap who needs to take a load of pills.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#164120 Feb 17, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Let there be no compulsion in religion? In Islam a muslim is not free to leave it.
Quranic verse and context will be helpful
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#164121 Feb 17, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
The entire retelling till we get to the form it is in today, allows for all sorts of interpretations.
I would for instance point out that the sanhendrim were disrobed and had no more power.
They were replaced with roman-greek pansies.
If so he would have been a rebel against these new instated rulers.
But reading the entire story we defnitely are not given that impression.
What sticks with people is the the jewish judges and people didnot accept him and thought him a criminal.
Add to that that all jewish writing and thought and culture and religion were banned and you end up with a very twisted account that is a polemic against anything jewish, who were with the Celts and Germanic tribes considered most opposed to Roman/greek rule.
And all three suffered.
Everybody forgets the greeks but they had been lording it since Alexanders day. The romans were just another extention.
So i see it al as
There was a lot of politics and horse trading going on at that time.
Jesus must have annoyed many and pleased only few ineffective cowards?
Not withstanding this, I believe he did prick the consciences of an arrogant bunch or two somewhere among that lot!
Perhaps he was a scape goat...or should we say lamb?lol.
Thanks for the good post.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#164122 Feb 17, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>This is exactly what I mean by your presumptuous arrogance. It is NOT your place to say what God can and can't do. Nor was it ever Mohammad's, not that you've ever allowed yourself to consider the possibility that this wannabe Jewish prophet was just plain wrong.
You are the arrogant one and you don't even know it!

With all due respect it is NOT your place to say what God can and can't do, by turning him into a peeing pooing "creation" especially when GOD has not made such promises.

Even Jesus NEVER made any such claim.

If you are talking about God and Jesus at least try and get their proper permission by getting clear statements from them about Jesus' divinity!

That's why I have to keep repeating things to you...such as..
Oh lordy!!
If God "becomes" (instead of PRETENDING TO BE...watch my words...) his creation then he is no longer God..

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#164123 Feb 17, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Grandma Moses?
http://search.yahoo.com/search...
I know the winterpainting from xmass cards.

Location hidden

#164124 Feb 17, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
There was a lot of politics and horse trading going on at that time.
Jesus must have annoyed many and pleased only few ineffective cowards?
Not withstanding this, I believe he did prick the consciences of an arrogant bunch or two somewhere among that lot!
Perhaps he was a scape goat...or should we say lamb?lol.
Thanks for the good post.
I never really bother unless i came accross something salient.
But most of what christians or others consider great saying are allready attested as originating elsewhere.
We talked a little about the story structure and general content upon discussing f.i. Atwill, the gospels a retelling of certain themes in jewish history or even of certain books that were not included in the official church canon. So a christian would never know and being pointed out call them not divinely inspired.
Well they must be if jesus quoted from them.;p
So conversely we see jesus becoming a teacher.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#164125 Feb 17, 2013
I recall my point was that if he was dvine then he would have been able to make miracles. If that is true then the Romans would have recorded it, but they didn't because the miracles attributed to him were inventions.
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like a Spielberg plot, but just like Raiders of the Lost Ark, there is no way in hell that the Nazis were going to force YHWH via the Ark to destroy their battlefield opponents. Jesus would likewise have not allowed himself to be used as a tool of Roman conquest.
The Nazarene performed miracles. If such a person existed and done it, then the Romans who were present there would have recorded it, but they didn't.

I see something wrong with it.

So if the Nazarene was able to make miracles, I think would have been logic for the Romans who were there to capture him and bring him to Rome. But nothing of all that happened.

If the Nazarene was brought to Rome, then the Romans would have used him to heal and resurrect its soldiers. If the Nazarene rejected such a task, then Romans would have menaced of death his mother, brothers, sisters, cousins, friends and disciples. At that point he cannot kill the Romans, being himself a pacifist so was forced to heal roman soldiers.

Location hidden

#164126 Feb 17, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
This cretin has many marbles missing and he simply refuses to acknowledge the ever present hyper deficiency in "his" language department!
Thanks for your self portrait, demented.

Location hidden

#164127 Feb 17, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Very interesting.
Also in Gospel of Luke 1:15 it gives a lot more respect to JTB, compared with wine making drunken BJ!!
Also his head was chopped off like that of a lamb!!
Have you ever come across a sacrificial lamb that was nailed to a roman pagan cross?
or that got up and ran off?
LOL////
I wish they would learn to understand the symbolic language.
You would still have a discussion but if would be different.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#164128 Feb 17, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
You are the arrogant one and you don't even know it!
With all due respect it is NOT your place to say what God can and can't do, by turning him into a peeing pooing "creation" especially when GOD has not made such promises.
So now GOD'S interventions in human history MUST be tied to prior promises that GOD makes. I believe that there is something in the Qur'an about tying God's hands. Yes, that's right. It was an accusation that your "prophet" made against the Jews.
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
Even Jesus NEVER made any such claim.
And he shat and pissed his entire life, didn't he?
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
If you are talking about God and Jesus at least try and get their proper permission by getting clear statements from them about Jesus' divinity!
Jesus forgave sin, in one Gospel account, and forgiveness of sin is God's prerogative, isn't it? In another Gospel account, Jesus claimed identity with YHWH, and even prexistence, which prompted his hearers to want to kill him as a blasphemer.
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
That's why I have to keep repeating things to you...such as..
Oh lordy!!
If God "becomes" (instead of PRETENDING TO BE...watch my words...) his creation then he is no longer God..
You keep repeating things to me because you are unteachable.

Consider this, MUSLIM. God can do whatever it pleases God to do, including becoming a "peeing pooing 'creation'," and the sooner you realize that God doesn't need your PERMISSION to do anything, the sooner you will stop being such an arrogant know-it-all.

Location hidden

#164129 Feb 17, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Quranic verse and context will be helpful
The Quranic verse was given. This imbecile has need to find a job, instead to waste time here.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#164130 Feb 17, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish they would learn to understand the symbolic language.
You would still have a discussion but if would be different.
Symbolic language was all the rage with the gnostics...

Location hidden

#164131 Feb 17, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Symbolic language was all the rage with the gnostics...
The qurestion would be how much of it entered both christian and islamic texts. God hands are tight by the jews, would that be the very accusation of not allowing a mangod to exist?
Or the fact that anther god is invented to usurp YHWH/Elohym and yet another empire in the make?
A quote by now would be handy.(if it was in something MUQ quoted we can forget about it ever be found again. The salient point about most of his quoted text is that they never contain references. Sofar the level of islamic scholar-ship.)
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#164132 Feb 17, 2013
You are the unwanted troll and a nuisance here!
You can't speak English...well, you are incapable of even realising you have a huge handicap in that department!
But...you think your English is perfect while failing to grasp what is being said.
All in all you are a pathetic jobless Euro sponger who lives in his little bubble of ignorance.
Half the posters can't understand you and the other half wish you rejoin mussolini...lol.
Now go away fool.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#164133 Feb 17, 2013
What is more important than the historicity of the personality is the teachings and in this regard it can be unequivocally said that the teachings of the Semitic prophets are neither original nor profound.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#164134 Feb 17, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
The Quranic verse was given. This imbecile has need to find a job, instead to waste time here.
You are the unwanted troll and a nuisance here!
You can't speak English...well, you are incapable of even realising you have a huge handicap in that department!
But...you think your English is perfect while failing to grasp what is being said.
All in all you are a pathetic jobless Euro sponger who lives in his little bubble of ignorance.
Half the posters can't understand you and the other half wish you rejoin mussolini...lol.
Now go away fool.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#164135 Feb 17, 2013
HOW SYMBOLIC IS SYMBOLIC LANGUAGE?

1) Non-mystics usually think that mystics employ symbolic language to convey abstruse truths but often it so happens that the thing "seen" on a supraphysical plane via the trance state exactly exists or corresponds to the symbol portrayed.

2) Half-human-half-beasts, multi-armed deities, stairs leading to a light, ripples of light, circles, squares, triangles, conch shells, swastika, dot, coiled serpents and the like are all seen on the vital and lower mind planes during trance and each of these has a unique meaning that defines the degree of consciousness-energy expressed.

3) At times, the mystic understands his vision, while, at other times, he simply sees and experiences the thing but fails to comprehend its essence.

4) Explaining the experience or vision occurs later and is always a dimunition considering the inadequacy of the spoken word.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#164136 Feb 17, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>
So now GOD'S interventions in human history MUST be tied to prior promises that GOD makes. I believe that there is something in the Qur'an about tying God's hands. Yes, that's right. It was an accusation that your "prophet" made against the Jews.
<quoted text>
And he shat and pissed his entire life, didn't he?
<quoted text>
Jesus forgave sin, in one Gospel account, and forgiveness of sin is God's prerogative, isn't it? In another Gospel account, Jesus claimed identity with YHWH, and even prexistence, which prompted his hearers to want to kill him as a blasphemer.
<quoted text>You keep repeating things to me because you are unteachable.
Consider this, MUSLIM. God can do whatever it pleases God to do, including becoming a "peeing pooing 'creation'," and the sooner you realize that God doesn't need your PERMISSION to do anything, the sooner you will stop being such an arrogant know-it-all.
You have just CREATED your own God in your own image!!
Well done birdbrain...
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#164137 Feb 17, 2013
GOD IS MANY, NOT ONE:

1) By God or G-d is always meant an archetypal being of a specific sub-plane or plane as the case may be.

2) There are thousands of planes and tens of thousands of competing beings.

3) The beings of the lower planes are the vicious, partially knowledgeable, egoistic, megalomaniacal and jealous ones who style themselves G-d or God, forbid their followers from worshipping their rival beings, at times demand blood sacrifices to further puff up their pride and to feed on the released vital energies of the slain beast or human and wish to be worshipped by human beings failing which they issue stern warnings of bringing misery into the life of the infidels, apostates and heretics.

4) The prophets are either incarnations of these minor beings or are men possessed by them.

5) God is thus many and not one.

6) The ultimate reality is a unified field of consciousness-energy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ex-Lawmaker Sued for Religious Discrimination (Jan '11) Feb 19 Hammer 4
'Monotheism inevitable but wasn't a break with ... Feb 12 Joe W 9
A new guard for Asgard: Iceland building first ... Feb 3 freethinkradio do... 1
Pastors agree: Being gay not a sin, Bible says ... (Jun '08) Jan '15 true fact 81
"Juggalos" Speak Out After Arson Arrests (Sep '07) Jan '15 Hillbilly 49
My friendly neighbourhood witches (Jul '08) Jan '15 Kaitlin the Wolf ... 454
Satanists Unveil Design for Statehouse Statue (Jan '14) Jan '15 You big dummy 20
More from around the web