Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 253404 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#163947 Feb 16, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
muslims have nothing to do with Isaac or any of the prophets of Israel. mohammad was not related to Abraham even through ishmael. mohammad was of pagan stock and his story was a glomeration of stories he heard about Judaism and Christianity. Prove me wrong!
Paul,

Actually, we have nothing to do with Ishmael, Issac, Jacob, Joseph and others at all.

It is just that they happen to be the children and grandchildren of Abraham, whom we respect a lot, because Qur'aan declares Abraham as the most righteous/upright person in the sight of God Almighty.

Also, Muhammad was told to follow his ways.

It is Christianity that came from pagan stock and was marketed by pagans. The bigotry shown by Christianity is really amazing.
creators son

Freeport, Bahamas

#163948 Feb 16, 2013
Jehovah is the only true god
creators son

Freeport, Bahamas

#163949 Feb 16, 2013
GOD THE CREATOR wrote:
<quoted text>
Who do you think I AM, deluded son?
you are a son of satan
GOD THE CREATOR

London, UK

#163950 Feb 16, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Rabbee, it does not matter but Buford, who was never inside the TheTorah, thinks that I judge him. I can't judge a fool. It is useless to judge a fool.
However, when Buford writes something absurd, I judge him and notify him at the same time.
I am myself in theTwo books. Some theLiars are already here. Please meet Shamma, Paul WV, Colonna and Ali.
Salaams, Rabbee
Is your wife taking dongs this early morning, while you pass your time in front of computer every single hour I created?
creators son

Freeport, Bahamas

#163951 Feb 16, 2013
satan has decieved you all
bmz

Singapore

#163952 Feb 16, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: liar! blastphemer! you gravy sucking, antiG-D not here in TheTorah clown. your boss the antichrist, is not going to like your not being subtle enough to not be noticed.
Rabbee,

It is true that Jesus and his disciples worshipped the moon god. They based all their religious festivals on the monthly appearance of their moon god.

If it is not true, then how come they waited every month for their moon god to appear?
creators son

Freeport, Bahamas

#163953 Feb 16, 2013
jehovah is a god of love . your god one of hate and violence. may jehovah have mercy on your evil souls.
bmz

Singapore

#163954 Feb 16, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.
God is not love.

God is loving.

Thanks for confirming that you do not know God.
GOD THE CREATOR

London, UK

#163955 Feb 16, 2013
creators son wrote:
<quoted text> you are a son of satan
Who created satan? Me, YHWH/ALLAH, so I AM his Father. All satan's sons are my grandsons
creators son

Freeport, Bahamas

#163956 Feb 16, 2013
soon jehovah will execute judement on you evil religionist who falsely claim to represent him. your hand drip with the blood of millions of innocent humans. you are like your father satan . that one was a manslayer when he began and still contonues today . you fool no one.
bmz

Singapore

#163957 Feb 16, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>The Holy Bible teaches that God cannot be tempted by evil and neither tempts anyone with evil; evil being understood as referring to immorality and sin. James 1:13 (c.f. Psalm 5:4-5; Habakkuk 1:13)
Thanks for finally being able to quote something good, excluding the Christian silly qualification "evil being understood as referring to immorality and sin." Satan was evil.

This also confirms that Jesus was not your God because he was tempted by evil aka Satan or the Devil.

So, next time NEVER say that Jesus is God.

I see some progress.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#163958 Feb 16, 2013
God is love.

Hide Alex like all pagan Muslims do when Gods love is preached to them.
February 13, 2012 - God’s love cannot be understood until you experience it, until you actually possess it.

By Billy Graham

As I read the Bible, I find love to be the supreme and dominant attribute of God. Because of His holiness, God cannot condone or countenance sin, but He loves the sinner.

Because He is just, He cannot excuse sin. But since His love goes hand in hand with His justice, He has made provision to forgive sin through the atonement of His Son.“God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us”(Romans 5:8).

The promises of God’s love and forgiveness are as real, as sure, as positive as human words can make them.

But just as the total beauty of the ocean cannot be understood until it is seen, God’s love cannot be understood until you experience it, until you actually possess it. No one can fully describe the wonders of God’s love.

Some of our modern “experts” in theology have made attempts to rob God of His warmth, His personal affection for mankind and His sympathy for His creatures.

Never question God’s great love, for it is as unchangeable as His holiness. Were it not for the love of God, none of us would ever have a chance in the future life. But God is love! And His love for us is everlasting!

Ours is the God of law who, loving the earth’s people, and realizing that we had offended in every point, sent His only Son to redeem us to Himself and to instill the law of the Spirit of life within us. His eyes of compassion have been following men and women as we have stumbled through history under the burden of our own wretchedness.

Jeremiah the prophet wrote,“The Lord has appeared of old to me, saying:‘Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you’”(Jeremiah 31:3). Calvary should prove even to the most skeptical person that God is not blind to our plight, but that He was willing to suffer with us.

Compassion comes from two Latin words meaning “to suffer with.” God’s all-consuming love for mankind was best demonstrated at the cross, where His compassion was embodied in Jesus Christ.“God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself”(2 Corinthians 5:19).

Paul speaks of God as one “who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us”(Ephesians 2:4). It was the love of God that sent Jesus Christ to the cross.

But God’s love did not begin at Calvary. Before the morning stars of the pre-Edenic world sang together, before the world was baptized with the first light, before the first blades of tender grass peeped out, God was love.

Turn back, if you will, to the unwritten pages of countless aeons and centuries before God spoke this present earth into existence, when the earth was “without form and void,” and the deep, silent darkness of outer space formed a vast gulf between the brilliance of God’s throne and the dark vacuum where our present solar system now is.

See God’s dazzling, scintillating glory as cherubim and seraphim cover their faces with their wings in awe and reverence toward Him who is high and holy!

Yet, as lofty as the vaults of Heaven may be, and as pure as God’s holiness glistens, there comes to our ears the word that the majesty of His love was moved for us, and the Lamb was slain from the foundation of the world.

It was love that enabled Jesus Christ to become poor, that we through His poverty might be made rich. It was love, divine love, that made Him endure the cross, despising its shame. It was love that made Him endure the contradicting accusations of sinners against Himself, that restrained Him when He was falsely accused of blasphemy and was led to Golgotha to die with common thieves.

creators son

Freeport, Bahamas

#163959 Feb 16, 2013
GOD THE CREATOR wrote:
<quoted text>
Who created satan? Me, YHWH/ALLAH, so I AM his Father. All satan's sons are my grandsons
satan rebelled aginst jehovah, he was not created by him.
GOD THE CREATOR

London, UK

#163960 Feb 16, 2013
Why do you pass so many hours, days, months, and years in front of a computer? You have more than 33,000 posts in just 4 years.

Do you have a family to take care? A job? A social life?

Where is that cow of your wife, Bmz?

Your God (ME) is worried about you.

ALLAH/YHWH
GOD THE CREATOR

London, UK

#163961 Feb 16, 2013
creators son wrote:
<quoted text>satan rebelled aginst jehovah, he was not created by him.
Who created satan?
creators son

Freeport, Bahamas

#163962 Feb 16, 2013
The problem is false religionist who claim to represent god, but do satans work, by decieving billions.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#163963 Feb 16, 2013
Continued:
Only pagan Muslims reject that God is love.

Hide Alex like all pagan Muslims do when Gods love is preached to them.
February 13, 2012 - God’s love cannot be understood until you experience it, until you actually possess it.

By Billy Graham

It was nothing but love that kept Him from calling 12 legions of angels to come to His defense. It was love that caused Him, after every known torture devised by degenerate man had been heaped upon Him, to lift His voice and pray:“Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do”(Luke 23:34).

From Genesis to Revelation, from Earth’s greatest tragedy to Earth’s greatest triumph, the dramatic story of men and women’s lowest depths and God’s highest heights can be couched in 25 beautiful words:“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life”(John 3:16).

Many people misunderstand God’s love.“God is love” does not mean that everything is sweet, beautiful and happy, and that God’s love could not possibly allow punishment for sin.

God’s holiness demands that all sin be punished, but God’s love provided a plan of redemption and salvation for sinful men and women. God’s love provided the cross of Jesus Christ by which we can have forgiveness and cleansing.

Who can describe or measure the love of God? The Bible is a revelation of the fact that God is love. When we preach justice, it is justice tempered with love. When we preach righteousness, it is righteousness founded on love.

When we preach atonement, it is atonement planned by love, provided by love, given by love, finished by love, necessitated because of love. When we preach the resurrection of Christ, we are preaching the miracle of love. When we preach the return of Christ, we are preaching the fulfillment of love.

No matter what sin you have committed, or how dirty, shameful or terrible it may be, God loves you. You may be at the very gate of hell itself. But God loves you with eternal love.

Because He is a holy God, our sins have separated us from Him. But thanks be to God; because of His love there is a way of salvation, a way back to Him through Jesus Christ, His Son.

This love of God is immeasurable, unmistakable and unending. It reaches to wherever a person is. But it can be rejected. God will not force Himself upon any person against his or her will.

You can hear a message about the love of God and say:“No, I will not have it,” and God will let you go on without His love. But if you really want it, you must believe—you must receive the love of God, you must take it. You must be forgiven of your sins.

There must be a definite, positive act of commitment and surrender to the love of God. Nobody else can do it for you. You can sit all the days of your life under the preaching of the love of God and still die without Christ.

Or you can open your heart today and say:“Yes, I receive Christ.”
bmz

Singapore

#163964 Feb 16, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>The Holy Bible teaches that God cannot be tempted by evil and neither tempts anyone with evil; evil being understood as referring to immorality and sin. James 1:13 (c.f. Psalm 5:4-5; Habakkuk 1:13)
Yet, the Quran teaches that Allah is the author of evil:
Verily, the hypocrites seek to deceive Allah, but it is He Who deceives them. And when they stand up for As-Salat (the prayer), they stand with laziness and to be seen of men, and they do not remember Allah but little. S. 4:142 Hilali-Khan
And (the unbelievers) schemed and planned, and Allah schemed also, and the best of schemers is Allah. S. 3:54
Remember how the unbelievers schemed against thee, to keep thee in bonds, or to slay thee, or get thee out (of thy home). They scheme and plot, but the best of schemers is Allah. S. 8:30
And when We make people taste of mercy after an affliction touches them, lo! they devise schemes (makrun) against Our communication. Say: Allah is quicker to scheme (makran); surely Our apostles write down what you plan. S. 10:21
So they schemed a scheme: and We schemed a scheme, while they perceived not. S. 27:50
The term for scheme in Arabic is makara which denotes one who is a deceiver, one who is conniving, a schemer. It is always used in a negative sense. Allah is thus seen as the best of deceivers, the premiere schemer and conniving one.
This is not simply a Christian perspective but one thoroughly endorsed by Muslim theologians as well.
For example Dr. Mahmoud M. Ayoub in his book, The Quran and Its Interpreters, Vol. II The House of Imran, brings up the question of "how the word makr (scheming or plotting), which implies deceitfulness or dishonesty, could be attributed to God." (Ibid.[1992 State University of New York Press, Albany], p. 165)
After listing several Muslim sources he quotes ar-Razi as arguing that "scheming (makr) is actually an act of deception aiming at causing evil. It is not possible to attribute deception to God. Thus the word is one of the muttashabihat [multivalent words of the Quran]." (Ibid., p. 166)
Moreover, here is how one of the earliest sources on the life of Muhammad interpreted Q. 8:30:
when We desire to destroy a city, We command its men who live at ease, and they commit ungodliness therein, then the Word is realized against it, and We destroy it utterly. S. 17:16
Allah commands men to sin in order to destroy them completely.
They (Jinns- demon spirits) worked for him (Solomon) as he desired ... then when We decreed death upon him, nothing showed them his death except a little creeping creature of the earth, which gnawed away at his staff. And when he fell the Jinns saw clearly how, if they had known the unseen, they would not have continued in the humiliating penalty (of work). S. 34:13-14
Allah deceived the Jinns into working for Solomon by preventing the latter's death from being disclosed to them, otherwise they would have stopped their work.
According to S. 9:51, nothing befalls Muslims except what Allah has ordained. And in S. 14:4, we are told,
"Allah leads astray whomsoever He will and guides whomsoever he will."
And,
Abu Huraira reported Allah's Apostle as saying:
Verily Allah has fixed the very portion of adultery which a man will indulge in, and which he of necessity must commit (or there would be no escape from it)." Sahih Muslim #6421, 6422
To even imagine that Allah causes adultery is not only horrendous but disqualifies him from being the God of Moses.
It is the Quran Alex that ex possess Muslims as worshiping a pagan monotheistic god.
I have this to add:

When the Jews were picking stones, Jesus deceived them by vanishing before their very eyes. I believe he deceived them a couple of times. He was a Master Deceiver.

He deceived the Romans by paying tax with a lost and found coin, which did not belong to him.

Jesus deceived people by disguising himself.
creators son

Freeport, Bahamas

#163965 Feb 16, 2013
GOD THE CREATOR wrote:
<quoted text>
Who created satan?
jehovah gave all his creation the right to choose. lucifer chose not to serve him but took a path of rebellion.
bmz

Singapore

#163966 Feb 16, 2013
For God so loved the world that he never listened to the cries of his son and had him killed in the ugliest way!!!

Some "loving" God is this Christian God!

Why would that God care about you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 1 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 4,624
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) Thu thetruth 782
Convert me from Agnostic to Atheist Jul 14 ATHEOI 2
Astrology and Paganism Jun 30 Wolf 1
SHADOW PEOPLE... i need help (May '07) Jun 28 Friendly User17 348
News Ancient Spirituality and Commerce Clash in Mari El (Aug '10) Jun 25 yav1112 13
News Pastor: Church sign on Ramadan drew angry call,... Jun '16 The Prophet MO LIES 9
More from around the web