Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 253910 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#163846 Feb 16, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
So muslims just make up the claim the kid was ishmael and not Isaac. So which is it?
We think, it was Ishmael, not Issac, for the very simple reason that Sarah would not have allowed Abraham at any cost to slaughter the child of 'promise'.

I mean the biblical Sarah could not even allow Ishmael to play with his dear younger brother and was so angry that she kicked his mother and the boy out, just for the love Issac.

So, how could she have allowed Pappy to take him out for slaughter. There is nothing in the Bible to show that Sarah knew about the dream and there is nothing to show that she knew that the boy was going to be beheaded like a goat.

Since we do not hear anything from Sarah, we believe she had no objection to Abraham taking out Ishmael to be slaughtered. She must have been happy that it was Ishamel not her Issac.

Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#163847 Feb 16, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, the Church should send us some peers, so that we can have some good exchanges.
33:36 along with other verses, goes wayyyyyyyy above the head of Clueless Christians.
People used to ask the prophet questions. many used to ask extremely silly and absurd questions like the stupid disciples of Jesus asked him.
When they did, Jesus gave the reply in figuratives and parables, which went metres high above their heads and they did not understand.
Those, who put questions to him, were told to ask questions when he was receiving revelations. So, the answer was given through revelation and since they were given via revelations, they were told to listen, consider the matter settled and follow.
This was done to discourage silly and absurd questions and arguments, which the people asked Moses and Jesus and annoyed them.
Now, don't ask me any silly question. Consider this matter settled.
Does allah sit in consoltation with mohammad when making a decision? Can allah make a decision with out mohammad? As I said before allah is mohammad's alter egod.

FROM THE QURAN - 33:36
"It is not for a believing man or a believing woman, when Allah and His Messenger have decided a matter, that they should [thereafter] have any choice about their affair. And whoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger has certainly strayed into clear error."
bmz

Singapore

#163848 Feb 16, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Those verses confirm Muslims were worshiping the moon god Allah.
The advice was given by Muhammad not from God
It was not a revelation, it was common sense.
There is a parallel between those that worship the true God and a false god.
Much of the word usage is the same in worship, except they are different gods.
Allah in the Quran reveals himself differently then the God of the Bible.
That is why the Jews and Christians rejected Muhammad, they knew the difference between Muhammad's moon god and the God of Abraham, and Moses.
It gives me a great pleasure to confirm that Jesus and his disciples also worshipped the moon god.

They were always looking forward to their moon god, the new moon (the Crescent) every month, in order to observe various Jewish festivals. And every month they would gather at the beach to see their moon god and worshipped it when the sun went down. Jesus always watched his moon god by sitting in a boat.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#163849 Feb 16, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
We think, it was Ishmael, not Issac, for the very simple reason that Sarah would not have allowed Abraham at any cost to slaughter the child of 'promise'.
I mean the biblical Sarah could not even allow Ishmael to play with his dear younger brother and was so angry that she kicked his mother and the boy out, just for the love Issac.
So, how could she have allowed Pappy to take him out for slaughter. There is nothing in the Bible to show that Sarah knew about the dream and there is nothing to show that she knew that the boy was going to be beheaded like a goat.
Since we do not hear anything from Sarah, we believe she had no objection to Abraham taking out Ishmael to be slaughtered. She must have been happy that it was Ishamel not her Issac.
What mumbo jumbo, Abraham did not tell Isaac that he was to be the sacrifice so what make you think he told Sarah.

Did islam just make up stuff as it went along? I should not be suprised at this!
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#163850 Feb 16, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying that if God wanted Abraham to sacrifice Sarah that Sarah would have stopped him and Abraham would disobey God? If God wanted Isaac to be sacrificed and Abraham offered ishmael, God would not have been pleased with either Abraham or Sarah. Do you think God was afraid to test the faith of Sarah by asking her to offer her only son Isaac?
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#163851 Feb 16, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, the Church should send us some peers, so that we can have some good exchanges.
33:36 along with other verses, goes wayyyyyyyy above the head of Clueless Christians.
People used to ask the prophet questions. many used to ask extremely silly and absurd questions like the stupid disciples of Jesus asked him.
When they did, Jesus gave the reply in figuratives and parables, which went metres high above their heads and they did not understand.
Those, who put questions to him, were told to ask questions when he was receiving revelations. So, the answer was given through revelation and since they were given via revelations, they were told to listen, consider the matter settled and follow.
This was done to discourage silly and absurd questions and arguments, which the people asked Moses and Jesus and annoyed them.
Now, don't ask me any silly question. Consider this matter settled.
How many time is the quran does the phrase "allah and his messenger" appear? Are they joined at the hip?

Is the God of the Hebrew Scriptures joined at the hip like this to any of the prophets?
bmz

Singapore

#163852 Feb 16, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Never heard that in semetic language seven, seven hundred means many.
Also since when you're an expert in semetic language when barely know arabic, and out of this world there are many semitic languages, not just arabic or hebrew.
Said this, indicate me what are these "many" heavens?
I quoted Matthew to give you an example, clueless fool. What did you understand?

How do you know that I do not know? Don't be silly!

So, what did you understand by "I have travelled the seven seas", when I wrote that? Does it mean that the traveller counted the number of seas?

And then you keep on asking silly questions!

Now what does this seven mean in Psalm 12:6?

" The words of the Lord are pure words; As silver tried in a furnace on the earth, refined seven times."

Does every silversmith refine silver exactly seven times?
bmz

Singapore

#163853 Feb 16, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying that if God wanted Abraham to sacrifice Sarah that Sarah would have stopped him and Abraham would disobey God? If God wanted Isaac to be sacrificed and Abraham offered ishmael, God would not have been pleased with either Abraham or Sarah. Do you think God was afraid to test the faith of Sarah by asking her to offer her only son Isaac?
What I am saying is what I wrote. Read again and try to grasp:

"We think, it was Ishmael, not Issac, for the very simple reason that Sarah would not have allowed Abraham at any cost to slaughter the child of 'promise'.

Since we do not hear anything from Sarah, we believe she had no objection to Abraham taking out Ishmael to be slaughtered. She must have been happy that it was Ishamel not her Issac."

Anyway, how and where do you fit Jesus between Jacob and the hairy Esau? Was Jesus less hairy than Esau bur hairier than Jacob?
bmz

Singapore

#163854 Feb 16, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
How many time is the quran does the phrase "allah and his messenger" appear? Are they joined at the hip?
Is the God of the Hebrew Scriptures joined at the hip like this to any of the prophets?
No.

However, Jesus, the Father and the Ghost are conjoined triplets. They have three heads and only one body.
bmz

Singapore

#163855 Feb 16, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
What mumbo jumbo, Abraham did not tell Isaac that he was to be the sacrifice so what make you think he told Sarah.
Did islam just make up stuff as it went along? I should not be suprised at this!
That why I had said that he did not tell Sarah and I don't think Sarah allowed any one to take Issac away from her for slaughter.

She would have kicked out Abraham.

The point is that Abraham took Ishmael. What has Jesus got to do with this story? That is what I want to know but you are struggling to answer. Please step outside the Church box and start thinking.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#163856 Feb 16, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
What I am saying is what I wrote. Read again and try to grasp:
"We think, it was Ishmael, not Issac, for the very simple reason that Sarah would not have allowed Abraham at any cost to slaughter the child of 'promise'.
Since we do not hear anything from Sarah, we believe she had no objection to Abraham taking out Ishmael to be slaughtered. She must have been happy that it was Ishamel not her Issac."
Anyway, how and where do you fit Jesus between Jacob and the hairy Esau? Was Jesus less hairy than Esau bur hairier than Jacob?
That is just mumbo jumbo. You have nothing to back your claim but your speculation on what Sarah would do. If Abraham told Sarah God asked him to sacrifice Isaac she would have gladly complied and would have offered to carry the wood the sacrifice.
bmz

Singapore

#163857 Feb 16, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Your brain is to small to accept the truth.
Truth? The lie in John 1 has been exposed.

Why don't you try to refute what I wrote here? I have already destroyed and pulverized this myth known as the Word of God. Now, it is your turn to defend.

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/TT8...

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#163858 Feb 16, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I quoted Matthew to give you an example, clueless fool. What did you understand?
How do you know that I do not know? Don't be silly!
So, what did you understand by "I have travelled the seven seas", when I wrote that? Does it mean that the traveller counted the number of seas?
And then you keep on asking silly questions!
Now what does this seven mean in Psalm 12:6?
" The words of the Lord are pure words; As silver tried in a furnace on the earth, refined seven times."
Does every silversmith refine silver exactly seven times?
Why it takes you so much to answer to such a simple question?

If seven means many, then name me these many heavens Allah has created.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#163859 Feb 16, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
However, Jesus, the Father and the Ghost are conjoined triplets. They have three heads and only one body.
allah and his messenger are jointed at the hip and allah makes decisions in consultation with mohammad. Being allah never talked to mohammad it is hard to figure out how they made decisions together. It would seem mohammad was unilaterally making decisions and attributing them to his alter ego allah.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#163860 Feb 16, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr dunce.

Allah is dealing with ONE messenger (Holy Prophet Muhammed PBUH) at that time!

It is quite obvious that Allah has sent MESSENGERS to many people before.

When a messenger from Allah comes he will say.."Allah and I" or even "I and Allah(I and the father.. as claimed in NT!!!!)"

Quran 40.78.
Indeed, We sent MESSENGERS before you; among them are those (the exemplary accounts of) whom We have already related to you, and among them are those (the exemplary histories of) whom We have not related to you. It is not for A Messenger to bring forth a miracle except by God's leave. Then, when God's command is issued, it is judged with truth and justice, and those inventors of falsehoods (who associate partners with God and strive to disprove the truth) are brought to loss and ruin.

Quran 6:124

When there comes to them a sign (from Allah), They say: "We shall not believe until we receive one (exactly) like those received by Allah's MESSENGERS." Allah knoweth best where (and how) to carry out His mission..........
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#163861 Feb 16, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
That is just mumbo jumbo. You have nothing to back your claim but your speculation on what Sarah would do. If Abraham told Sarah God asked him to sacrifice Isaac she would have gladly complied and would have offered to carry the wood the sacrifice.
lol...
Sacrifice?....

Perhaps "God" was fed up with biblical jealous Sarah who got rid of genuine Son and gave birth to her child through INCEST?

It makes total sense to support the First Born ISHMAEL, who was not a product of INCEST.

ISHMAEL was kicked out by the judah gang writers who were promoting themselves through ISAAC!
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#163862 Feb 16, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Those verses confirm Muslims were worshiping the moon god Allah.
The advice was given by Muhammad not from God
It was not a revelation, it was common sense.
There is a parallel between those that worship the true God and a false god.
Much of the word usage is the same in worship, except they are different gods.
Allah in the Quran reveals himself differently then the God of the Bible.
That is why the Jews and Christians rejected Muhammad, they knew the difference between Muhammad's moon god and the God of Abraham, and Moses.
Do you know the difference between pagan arabs (who seem to have had more brains in 7th century, than the clueless pagan gentile christians of 21st century who worship an incompetent jew as their god), and MUSLIMS?
You are a a waste of space.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#163863 Feb 16, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Brilliant!
Biblical Sarah would have done anything to protect her precious incestuous biblical son and INCEST is ok by clueless paul WV's low standards because the vile god said so!!!!!
Pathetic.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#163864 Feb 16, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth? The lie in John 1 has been exposed.
Why don't you try to refute what I wrote here? I have already destroyed and pulverized this myth known as the Word of God. Now, it is your turn to defend.
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/TT8...
LMAO!
The mind and Will of God is God.
"The "Word" [the Will and mind of God] was made flesh and dwelt among us".
That went way over your head.

"All things are possible with God"
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#163865 Feb 16, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
But neither is the christina trinity.
Staking a claim does not mean it fits the hebrew books.
Ask why so much effort has been done is hstory (be it as written in the hadith or in church and actual history) to kill any vestige of jewish thought and writing...even the very people.
Both christianity and islam are replacement religions,but with the main intent of creating worldly rule over all.
So both have verses that point in this direction of universality unlike the Torah.
rabbee: you only say, it does not fit. but what does G-D say: "(and G-D said, "let US make Adam in OUR IMAGE, after OUR LIKENESS, they shall rule over the fish in the sea, the birds of the sky, and over the animal, the whole
earth, and every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth. so G-D created Adam in HIS IMAGE, in The Image of G-D HE created HIM; male and female HE created them.G-D blessed them, and G
-D said to them, "be fruitful and multiply, fill the earth and subdue it: and rule over the fish in the sea, the bird of the sky, and every living thing that moves on the earth. ")"

do you even know or recognize what day this is here in TheTorah in TheHappening again? or do you think that making all the same mistakes as last time, with your grandmother and grandfather here is going to end with different results. do you even know, who the one they call jesus christ of nazereth really is? cause if it really is Adam, Who G-D has put to death, and returned as adam and his mate. then you are all so totally screwed yourselves, here in TheSame Old Story again from G-D. and you have deprived yourselves and your grandmother of GanEden again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 1 hr thetruth 4,818
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) 1 hr thetruth 797
News Remembering a Christian and a Jew who traced an... 6 hr rabbee yehoshooah... 11
Anyone still at this forum Tue Sarah Good 1
When do you know if you are truly Wiccan? (Nov '07) Aug 11 Tekmoses 137
Convert me from Agnostic to Atheist Jul '16 ATHEOI 2
Astrology and Paganism Jun '16 Wolf 1
More from around the web