Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Read more: The Brussels Journal 216,638

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Read more
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#163728 Feb 15, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Al-EX the Phallocentric,
How many Heavens was it that the "TRUE GOD" created? Seven? Eight? Ten? One Zillion?
Makes no darn difference even if he was too tired after 6 days of creation and being short sighted unable to find Adam in a haystack!!
Listen you fool.
The can ONLY be ONE God.
No matter how you jump up and down, if a person believes in ONE TRUE God then that person has a chance of being recognised as a true believer.

But, if people start worshipping men, those men go down a slippery slope to end up in hell, head first, in hot excrement and semen.

so beware!
If you worship men, they end up in hell with you!

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#163729 Feb 15, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>OK, you believe in "attributed hyperboles" that aren't to be taken literally, which tells me exactly nothing, except that this way of not knowing anything with certainty is your "tendency."
Come of it.
If the rule state to only give burnt-offerings when all are present, at the proper time and with the proper quorum present to have the ritual go without a glitch. Then we get a parasha/parable about two boys that think differently and go out in the middle ofthe night and end up getting the heavy dish overturned and burned with the coals.
So if an earth-quake gets attributed to a god, we find nothing different from other cultures. Whatever the name is, they would give such events super-natural meaning.
If i describe this it would not mean (read back: this way of not knowing anything with certainty is your tendency.) that i have to state that i know exactly what happened allover the world.
That would obviously be daft. All i can do is describe what has been yotted down or what is told in folk-lore.
Overlooking discrepancies and contradictions is exactly what religions usually do.
Religion-to bind by ritual and fixed definitions.
Believe is not the same as knowledge.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#163730 Feb 15, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Wow! Judah is the God of Abraham! Who knew?
Idiot!!
God does not come down to kill israelites you dumbass...
God gets others to do it!
READ the Tanach you nutcase..

But you may have some redeeming qualities...you did challenge the Jewish view of the non Jewish "world"..good for you!
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#163731 Feb 15, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
No matter how you jump up and down, if a person believes in ONE TRUE God then that person has a chance of being recognised as a true believer.
But, if people start worshipping men, those men go down a slippery slope to end up in hell, head first, in hot excrement and semen.
so beware!
If you worship men, they end up in hell with you!
Golly gee, you mean that there is a slim chance that I might be recognized as a "true believer" if I somehow by miraculous chance find myself believing in the "ONE TRUE God" that you also believe in???

Umm.. I don't also have to believe in that Arabian warlord, do I?
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#163732 Feb 15, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiot!!
God does not come down to kill israelites you dumbass...
God gets others to do it!
READ the Tanach you nutcase..
But you may have some redeeming qualities...you did challenge the Jewish view of the non Jewish "world"..good for you!
Take your meds.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#163733 Feb 15, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Come of it.
If the rule state to only give burnt-offerings when all are present, at the proper time and with the proper quorum present to have the ritual go without a glitch. Then we get a parasha/parable about two boys that think differently and go out in the middle ofthe night and end up getting the heavy dish overturned and burned with the coals.
So if an earth-quake gets attributed to a god, we find nothing different from other cultures. Whatever the name is, they would give such events super-natural meaning.
If i describe this it would not mean (read back: this way of not knowing anything with certainty is your tendency.) that i have to state that i know exactly what happened allover the world.
That would obviously be daft. All i can do is describe what has been yotted down or what is told in folk-lore.
Overlooking discrepancies and contradictions is exactly what religions usually do.
Religion-to bind by ritual and fixed definitions.
Believe is not the same as knowledge.
OK, what exactly do you KNOW about the God of Abraham?

Location hidden

#163734 Feb 15, 2013
Ali wrote:
bmz, If 'Jesus being God' is a lie from Satan, then the Qur'an is doubly a lie because it came from a demon called Jibreal. Any proof that he wasn't a jin? M said it was a jin but Khadija, a woman!!! persuaded him it was an angel!!! lol. Who do we believe? That was the only true thing M ever uttered!
Qadir, nothing is chronological in Islam, especially the mess of a book called the 'holy' Qur'an. We are able to study the origins of our Scriptures whereas to muslims it is SHIRK! We are all quaking!!!Woa boy!
Allah is the pagan moon god - why don't muslims call God Illah, the true word?
Silly Joy of Pune!!!!! get a life or take some prune juice!
bmz, you are ignorant of the Bible and you are obviously in denial to intelligent Western people! All you know is what you have been spoon-fed.
The version you keep quoting from about Jesus saying 'dont cling to me...' is a poor translation. The true translation says,'dont TOUCH me for I have not yet ascended..'
The correct interpretation is that, as per the purification requirements of priests and sacrifices had to be strictly obeyed. No ceremonially unclean or unqualified person was permitted by God to touch the sacrifice until presented before God on the Mercy Seat.
If she had touched Jesus, she would have defiled the sacrifice making it unacceptable to God! Do you grasp this amazing truth? Jesus blood WAS however accepted in heaven, then He came down for all here to touch. Now you are so much of a wiser muslim!(if there is such a thing!) lol
Alex 123, you know nothing, nothing, nothing! You only parrot Islamic ignorance. Illah allah illah, ha ha ha, etc, lol
Shamma, you bless me with you logical and true postings; Paul, you also do well. Sadly guys, the spiritual descendants of the illegitimate Ishmael have brain damage and are unable and unwilling to comprehend any truth.
"You shall know the Truth (Jesus) and the truth shall set you free." Inshallah muslim eyes will open....
Allah was not a moongod, at most he would have incorporated all such attributions.
There is simply no pre-islamic source stating as such.
Allah is however attested as a travel god, found on pre-islamic caravan routes at places for rest in stone inscirption and not so different form Allat. Though she lorded it all.

Mary was herself of immaculate reception, so her mother an immacualte reseptee also, so goddess in person if you wish. So his mother can, if your interpretation is correct, not have been the Mary not being allowed to touch even the hem of his robe.
Though i find the imagery funny. A mere womens touch would keep him grounded.
Later eating fish seems to have been no objection.

Location hidden

#163735 Feb 15, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>OK, what exactly do you KNOW about the God of Abraham?
The few remarks and tales in Exodus would be the extend of it, he gave praise to YHWH that would be Elohim.
And one of the lessons is, that human sacrifice is wrong.
Using ancient persian it was the old name for the silk-route.
Using archeology we find Terah and other names associated with Abrams life in the Lake Van area.

Just some ways of looking.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#163736 Feb 15, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Allah was not a moongod, at most he would have incorporated all such attributions.
Allah is however attested as a travel god, found on pre-islamic caravan routes at places for rest in stone inscirption and not so different form Allat. Though she lorded it all.
Mary was herself of immaculate reception, so her mother an immacualte reseptee also, so goddess in person if you wish. So his mother can, if your interpretation is correct, not have been the Mary not being allowed to touch even the hem of his robe.
Not necessary that Mary's mother be immaculate, as what she received was a gift.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#163737 Feb 15, 2013
MAAT wrote:
And one of the lessons is, that human sacrifice is wrong.
Why is it wrong?
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#163738 Feb 15, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Wow! Judah is the God of Abraham! Who knew?
2 Chronicles 13:15-18.......

How about OT that is MORE ACCEPTABLE to a BUNCH OF LOSERS like you YOU?

15 and the men of Judah raised the battle cry. When the men of Judah raised the battle cry, ALLAH routed Jeroboam and all Israel before Abijah and Judah.&#8239;

16 So the Israelites fled before Judah, and ALLAH handed them over to them.&#8239;

17 Then Abijah and his people struck them with a mighty blow, and 500,000 choice men of Israel were killed.

18 The Israelites were subdued at that time. The Judahites succeeded because they depended on ALLAH, the God of their ancestors.

NOW YOU CAN BLAME ALLAH FOR BEATING THE CRAP OUT OF ISRAELITES!!!

WHAT ARE YOU? AN IDOT!!!

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#163739 Feb 15, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Your analyses is wring.
What is her problem? That isnt clear but the phrase an issue of blood suggests a menstrual issue. This would have been very serious because among the Jews a menstrating woman was unclean, and being perpetually unclean for twelve years couldnt have been pleasant, even if the condition itself wasnt physically troublesome. Thus, we have is a person who is not only experiencing a physical malady but a religious one as well.

She doesnt actually approach to ask for Jesus help, which makes sense if she considers herself unclean. Instead, she joins those pressing close to him and touches his garment. This, for some reason, works. Just touching Jesus clothing heals her immediately, as if Jesus has imbued his clothing with his power or is leaking healthy energy.

This is strange to our eyes because we look for a natural explanation. In first century Judea, however, everyone believed in spirits whose power and abilities were beyond comprehension. The idea of being able to touch a holy person or just their clothing to be healed would not have been odd and no one would have wondered about leaks.

The answer comes from Jesus: she was healed not because Jesus wanted to heal her or because she was the only one who needed healing, but rather because she had faith. As with previous instances of Jesus healing someone, it ultimately comes back to the quality of their faith which determines whether it is possible.

Location hidden

#163740 Feb 15, 2013
For all the obvious reasons. Do not kill.
And jewish ritual still has a day where they recall being silly in thinking g-d even wanted that. We have free-will and are asked to reason for ourselves what is just. The Law -torah points to using reason...not just blind faith. Also in deciding what laws are having priority.
Comparable the fiqh as used in Islam.
Church law is a bit harder to find.

Numbers 16 however also makes the point of who rules with permission of the g-d.
I'll grant you that. But the hyperbole and attribution is obvious.

It's not a lamb,(which was a replacement of no concern, as in not having the same meaning as taking a human life.) that needs slaughtering in the form of Mithra/jesus imagery to laud the new world order.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#163741 Feb 15, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
15 and the men of Judah raised the battle cry. When the men of Judah raised the battle cry, ALLAH routed Jeroboam and all Israel before Abijah and Judah.&#8239;
16 So the Israelites fled before Judah, and ALLAH handed them over to them.&#8239;
17 Then Abijah and his people struck them with a mighty blow, and 500,000 choice men of Israel were killed.
18 The Israelites were subdued at that time. The Judahites succeeded because they depended on ALLAH, the God of their ancestors.
WHAT ARE YOU? AN IDOT!!!
Wow! Now I'm a "BUNCH OF LOSERS." I guess this means that I'm multiply special, somehow...
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#163742 Feb 15, 2013
COMMENT ON THIS..........
PERSIA HAD A LOT TO DO WITH THIS!!

The Pharisees constituted a religious Order of singular influence in the history of civilization. Judaism, Christianity, and Mohammedanism all derive from this ancient Palestinian Society; and through their influence in the preservation and advancement of learning, it has become the cornerstone of modern civilization. Even Buddhism and Confucianism, which alone among other religions can compare with it in depth of ethical teaching, fall far short of it in the spread of their doctrines. Fully half of the world adheres to Pharisaic faiths; only one fourth as many people follow Confucius, and less than one sixth as many are Buddhists.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#163743 Feb 15, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT ARE YOU? AN IDOT!!!
Trivia question:

How many instances in the Qur'an (that would be Mohammad's impeccable and recorded recitation) is ALLAH credited with the murders of Mohammad's enemies, and I'm concentrating here on those JEWS who got in the way of "ALLAH'S" world hegemony.

Location hidden

#163744 Feb 15, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT ARE YOU? AN IDOT!!!
huh?

This discussion is getting ludicrous,
I'm gone do something else.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#163745 Feb 15, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>No, Alex you don't get.

The Church has copies of the originals, and the church is custodian of both the oral teachings and the written teachings handed down by the Apostles.

The Church knows what is authentic Scripture because it also has the oral teachings of the Apostles as taught to them by Jesus.

So the Church can verify what is authentic or false.
I have said many times that the Church fathers lied through their false teeth in founding Christianity and I see you guys telling bold lies.

This is another big lie!!! The Church HAS NO ORIGINALS OF ANYTHING. Nothing! Nada! Zilsch!

If the Church had any original of anything, it would have displayed the books and scraps proudly.

So, please stop lying.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#163746 Feb 15, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
COMMENT ON THIS..........
PERSIA HAD A LOT TO DO WITH THIS!!
The Pharisees constituted a religious Order of singular influence in the history of civilization. Judaism, Christianity, and Mohammedanism all derive from this ancient Palestinian Society; and through their influence in the preservation and advancement of learning, it has become the cornerstone of modern civilization. Even Buddhism and Confucianism, which alone among other religions can compare with it in depth of ethical teaching, fall far short of it in the spread of their doctrines. Fully half of the world adheres to Pharisaic faiths; only one fourth as many people follow Confucius, and less than one sixth as many are Buddhists.
How nice to know that the portion of the source article that you posted (without attribution) rightly referred to the religion of Mohammad as "Mohammedanism," since that it all that it has ever been and will ever be.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#163747 Feb 15, 2013
TURD has caught up, and done its duty.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 1 hr DebraE 14,555
No, Easter does NOT have pagan origins Apr 3 Skeptical 1
News Iowa woman to make history with nation's first ... Apr 1 cindy mccurry 1
Great News for Pagans (Feb '07) Mar 20 Gary Coaldigger 278
News In far-flung US territories, gay marriage hasn'... Mar '15 Belle Sexton 2
News Ex-Lawmaker Sued for Religious Discrimination (Jan '11) Feb '15 Hammer 4
News 'Monotheism inevitable but wasn't a break with ... Feb '15 Joe W 9
More from around the web