Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 252785 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#163761 Feb 15, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL..
That buford idiot was accusing Allah of attacking Israelites!
So I have taken "his" books and given him Allah!
Fair dos?
lol..........
I caught on a bit late, being in the flow of numbers 16 as not being but being the mistranslations and that kind of presentations as arguement. Add Shamma and truth and Ali and PaulVW and you seriously do not know what to make of it anymore.
Or rather how serious as in salient all those posters take their assertions.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#163762 Feb 15, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Allah was not a moongod, at most he would have incorporated all such attributions.
There is simply no pre-islamic source stating as such.
Allah is however attested as a travel god, found on pre-islamic caravan routes at places for rest in stone inscirption and not so different form Allat. Though she lorded it all.
Mary was herself of immaculate reception, so her mother an immacualte reseptee also, so goddess in person if you wish. So his mother can, if your interpretation is correct, not have been the Mary not being allowed to touch even the hem of his robe.
Though i find the imagery funny. A mere womens touch would keep him grounded.
Later eating fish seems to have been no objection.
You post lies Maat.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#163764 Feb 15, 2013
MAAT wrote:
Given the level of functional illiteracy shown here, we do not have to take anything serious this poster asks.
Thank you and I agree with that assessment.

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#163765 Feb 15, 2013
But i bid you goodday.
Still have reems to read.
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#163766 Feb 15, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
I caught on a bit late, being in the flow of numbers 16 as not being but being the mistranslations and that kind of presentations as arguement. Add Shamma and truth and Ali and PaulVW and you seriously do not know what to make of it anymore.
Hells bells MAAT, either Korah and Co. were LITERALLY swallowed alive for opposing Moses, as the Numbers account clearly and definitively relates, or they were only FIGURATIVELY swallowed alive, in which case the history of the Jews as recorded in Numbers is so much hyperbolic bullshit. Is that a "salient" point to make, or not?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#163767 Feb 15, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
That Jesus is God is already a big lie. It doesn't matter if it was from Satan or the Church. It is still a lie.
It is a lie simply because Jesus never said, "I am the Son of God" or "I am God in flesh" or "I am God" or "I am the Father".
This was all concocted by confused ignorant fools of the distant yore, who were all foreigners.
Either you accept what your own scripture says or accept that the scripture is wrong and the Church fathers were right.
For us, you are all wrong either way. Christianity was not built upon "Peter the rock" in Israel but on pebbles scattered throughout Greece, Turkey and Rome.
If you want to discuss your Bible with me, you can exchange short posts.
Who told you that?
Show your source of information?
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#163768 Feb 15, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
These chaps are misrepresenting your books and getting away with it!!

Surely it is time the Jewish people SUE these "churches" for totally messing up your sacred books just because they wish to legitimise a spurious divinity claim of man!

SUE them for ALL what they got in Vatican plus other Churches!
Plagiarism...copyright infringement...patents..royalt y...and every legitimate reason you can find must be used!
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#163769 Feb 15, 2013
[QUOTE who="Shamma"
Jesus fukfilled the prophecy of The Torah.[/QUOTE]

My post was deleted for pointing out what shamma has said!!!
He is accusing Jesus of messing up the prophecy of The Torah!!!
REAd carefully!!! what filled?? lol..
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#163770 Feb 15, 2013
Mental Blockhead,

It's your ass-kissing employees, isn't it?
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#163771 Feb 15, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
These chaps are misrepresenting your books and getting away with it!!
Surely it is time the Jewish people SUE these "churches" for totally messing up your sacred books just because they wish to legitimise a spurious divinity claim of man!
SUE them for ALL what they got in Vatican plus other Churches!
Plagiarism...copyright infringement...patents..royalt y...and every legitimate reason you can find must be used!
Al-EX the Phallocentric,

Tell us how much you love ZIONISTS.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#163772 Feb 15, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Your statement is made out of ignorance Maat.
Christianity did not barrow any Scripture from The Torah or tanakh.
Jesus fukfilled the prophecy of The Torah.
http://christiananswers.net/dictionary/messia...
You are accusing Jesus of messing up the torah prophecy...something that even the pharisees wouldn't dare say!
bmz

Singapore

#163773 Feb 15, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Christianity's problem has always been trying to define Jesus.
Indeed! I agree with that conclusion. I have awarded the "I agree" icon for that comment.

If Christianity had spent centuries to find God, they would have not have wasted two thousand years to define Jesus, the son of our dearest mother Mary, the mother of all mothers.

Thanks, Buford.
bmz

Singapore

#163774 Feb 15, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity flows out of Judaism. Jesus is the fulfillment of the Law and the Prophets.
No.

Christianity flowed out from Turkey, Greece and Rome.

What did Jesus fulfill? Please update us with a list.

Prophets mentioned that there was only one God. Here, we find that your Jesus did not fulfill the prophets. Instead broke the Law and the prophets by 'claiming' that he was God. This means he fulfilled nothing.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#163775 Feb 15, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Al-EX the Phallocentric,
Hey moron...now you know how "allah" killed 1000000 africans and 500000 israelites in 2chronicles 13 and 14!
Those naughty muslims!

Do you now agree that you are a clueless woodworm..
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#163776 Feb 15, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Al-EX the Phallocentric,
YOU WISH THIS was FROM THE QURAN....SO ALLOW ME TO OBLIGE, may Allah forgive me as these books are all a load of rubbish and ALLAH will NEVER be a party to such nonsense!!!!

Did the naughty "GOD" massacre 1,000,000 African Cushites?

2 CHRONICLES...

9 Then Zerah the •Cushite came against them with an army of 1,000,000 men and 300 chariots. They came as far as Mareshah.

10 So Asa marched out against him and lined up in battle formation in the Valley of Zephathah at Mareshah.&#8239;

11 Then Asa cried out to ALLAH:&#8239; “LORD, there is no one besides You to help the mighty and those without strength. Help us, ALLAH our God, for we depend on You, and in Your name we have come against this large army. ALLAH, You are our God. Do not let a mere mortal hinder You.”

12 So ALLAH routed the Cushites before Asa and before Judah gang, and the Cushites fled.

13 Then Asa and the people who were with him pursued them as far as Gerar. The Cushites FELL until they had NO SURVIVORS, for they were crushed before ALLAH and His army. So the JUDAH GANG CARRIED OFF a GREAT SUPPLY of LOOT.

14 Then JUDAH GANG attacked all the cities around Gerar because the terror of ALLAH was on them.&#8239; JUDAH GANG also PLUNDERED ALL THE CITIES, since there was a GREAT DEAL OF PLUNDER in them.

15 JUDAH GANG also ATTACKED the tents of the herdsmen and CAPTURED many SHEEP and CAMELS. Then they RETURNED to JERUSALEM (NOTHING NEW HERE!!!!LOL).

WERE JUDAH GANGS, Muslim??????????
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#163777 Feb 15, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey moron...now you know how "allah" killed 1000000 africans and 500000 israelites in 2chronicles 13 and 14!
Those naughty muslims!
Do you now agree that you are a clueless woodworm..
I see only that you are a desperate and most disturbed hater, but I honestly wonder how you can obtain healing for your manifest defects, since praying to Mohammad is verboten in the "perfect" religion, and your meds simply aren't effective.
bmz

Singapore

#163779 Feb 15, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Your statement is made out of ignorance Maat.

Christianity did not barrow any Scripture from The Torah or tanakh.
Jesus fukfilled the prophecy of The Torah.
http://christiananswers.net/dictionary/messia...
Your ignorance is dripping through the entire post, Septic!

Barrow? Christianity ploughed up through the Jewish Holy Scriptures.

How did Jesus "fukfilled" the prophecy? lol!
bmz

Singapore

#163780 Feb 15, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Who told you that?
Show your source of information?
Source: Your own scripture and the mother of all misinformation known as the Sacred Traditions from your own Church.
bmz

Singapore

#163781 Feb 15, 2013
Buford wrote:
Mental Blockhead,
It's your ass-kissing employees, isn't it?
No, Buford.

I believe in meritocracy! We are famous for that in Singapore.
bmz

Singapore

#163782 Feb 15, 2013
Buford wrote:
Mental Blockhead form Singapore is TURD.
No!

Whenever I judge you, I always post a note telling you that I have judged you and also let you known which icon I awarded. For this, I will not judge you officially, because you are Clueless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 4 hr emperorjohn 4,468
News Ancient Spirituality and Commerce Clash in Mari El (Aug '10) 22 hr yav1112 13
News Pastor: Church sign on Ramadan drew angry call,... Jun 20 The Prophet MO LIES 9
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) Jun 15 Jakes mom 112
News This Halloween, Think of Islam as a Religion of... May '16 Im a poet and I k... 2
News Who Is Allah? (Jul '08) May '16 Joel 13,168
News Atheist billboard near Lincoln Tunnel scheduled... (Nov '10) May '16 Patrick 219
More from around the web