Who Is Allah?

There are 20 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

uhuh

Spain

#163688 Feb 15, 2013
Adam the Sinner, Jesus the Ransom (1Tim 2:6)
Moses the Law-Giver, Jesus the the Law-Fulfiller
pff lol
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#163689 Feb 15, 2013
uhuh wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul and John of Patmos (not the apostle John) thought they were communicating with the ghost of Jesus
but it was the master of disguise himself, Lucifer the "shining one", who taught them that "Jesus died for our sins" (to Paul) and that "Jesus is God!" (to John)
Lucifer gave himself away when he told John: "I AM the bright morning star" mwahaha
But "John" was pretty clueless after years of Pot smoking!

It is obvious these poor folks are worshipping SATAN.

The one-eyed naked pagan who is oozing from a pole begging folks to eat his raw flesh and drink his fresh blood can only be a scary vile Satan! This is NOT Jesus.

Just look at Vatican....it is supposed to represent a homeless fugitive in rags called Jesus!

How do they do that...living in huge palaces, carrying golden and ornate crosses, wearing expensive garments, sitting on fine thrones, drinking fine wines, having sumptious meals, using corrupt banks, encouraging bum loving priests...... and more!

Poor Jesus worshipped God and told his Jewish brothers to do the same, AND THE JEWS ARE WORSHIPPING GOD!!

But the clueless pagan gentiles worship Jesus!!!!

All through ignorance, stupidity and superstitions.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#163690 Feb 15, 2013
uhuh wrote:
pff lol
Pretty clueless and weak "mangod" to be the "ransom" for the sin of an insignificant creation in a HUGE cosmos teeming with trillions of forms of life!!

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#163691 Feb 15, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right clueless skeptic! All people have a language!
One version of the Bible is enough in English ok?
Then why Oh why do you need to come up with so many Versions of your "holy" bible JUST in English? LOL....
No, Alex you don't get.
The Church has copies of the originals, and the church is custodian of both the oral teachings and the written teachings handed down by the Apostles.

The Church knows what is authentic Scripture because it also has the oral teachings of the Apostles as taught to them by Jesus.
So the Church can verify what is authentic or false.

The translations of the Bible into English by other sources comes under the right of freedom.

The minor difference of wording does not change the true message of the Gospels.
In all societies at all times people have different views.

Even thou the Quran is written in Arabic, not all Muslims agree on every letter of the Quran.
In the original Quran the wording is Allah is the best deceiver, in the newer versions the wording is changed to read Allah is the best planner.
So you see Alex you are making noise over a non issue.

Location hidden

#163692 Feb 15, 2013
I have to go to work, catch you all later.
Shamma.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#163693 Feb 15, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello clueless fool.
If you understood Arabic AND if you managed to read the HOLY BIBLE in Arabic then you will know what I am talking about!
Some Priests have to do a lot of work in different languages although Jesus was clueless about those languages because he was operating with limited language skills in his tribal village!!!!
Now let me repeat it so even you can understand it..lol...
You said Allah was Muhammed's alter ego.
Which means Allah= Muhammed's alter ego.
If so....
The Arabic Holy Bible Genesis says "Mohammed's alter ego" made heavens and earth; and
"Mohammeds alter ego" loved the world enough to give BJ for them to eat up!!!"!!
Yes, you are a clueless joker!
Makes no sense again, allah is not the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, but the alter ego of mohammad.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#163694 Feb 15, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Judaism does not agree with anything of your New Testament. It does not even recognize your Jesus.
So, please do not cling on to Judaism. Judaism does not believe in the absurd Triune God of Christianity.
rabbee: oh yes! it does. even when there are about 7billion misinterpeting or misunderstanding it. i can assure you, there is a much more closer relationship than you think.

and as for the other, oh yes! it does too: "(and G-D said, "let US make Adam in OUR IMAGE, after OUR LIKENESS, they shall rule over the fish in the sea, the birds of the sky, and over the animal, the whole
earth, and every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth. so G-D created Adam in HIS IMAGE, in The Image of G-D HE created HIM; male and female HE created them.G-D blessed them, and G
-D said to them, "be fruitful and multiply, fill the earth and subdue it: and rule over the fish in the sea, the bird of the sky, and every living thing that moves on the earth. ")"

even if there are 7billion misintrepeting or misunderstanding it.

Location hidden

#163695 Feb 15, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
If there is God, there can only be ONE God.
If Allah is God of Ishmael then Allah WILL be God of Israel!!
Naturally a Jew will want to own God and you can see that from his books. But God hopefully will forgive him because he still believes in ONE true God.
What a Christian thinks is an insult to God and totally against God. To turn God into a pooing peeing man is not what God is about!
A Muslim believes in ONE God who is not a man.
It is not up to Jew Muslim Christian or others to own God!
God will decide.
At the end of the day the name of God should fit the NATURE of God.
Therfore, if we BELIEVE that we worship only ONE God then we all must be worshipping THE SAME GOD.
Simple!
No. Alex.
Muslims worship a different God.
For God gave the law-Thou shall not kill.
Muslims Kill innocent people.

"God no where in the Holy Bible said to Moses or any prophet,
Kill those people that worship me in error".

God recognizes that thou they worship God in error, they are not violating Gods law-Thou shall not kill.

So God does not give permission to kill them.

Do Muslims understand that?
No, they don't.
Muhammad on his death bed said for Muslims to kill Jews and Christians.
For there will only be one religion in Islam.

All Muslims are Muhammadan's they worship the words spoken by Muhammad.
And sin against God.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#163696 Feb 15, 2013
http://ilookilisten.wordpress.com/2012/09/21/...

Bismillah.

Volume 2, Book 23, Number 414:

Narrated Urwa:

Aisha said,The Prophet in his fatal illness said,Allah cursed the Jews and the Christians because they took the graves of their Prophets as places for praying. Aisha added,Had it not been for that the grave of the Prophet (p.b.u.h) would have been made prominent but I am afraid it might be taken (as a) place for praying.

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#163697 Feb 15, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is that you can not proof that.
Church-history was written long after any such facts were verifiable.
No extraneous sources and even the fgospel state: they heard him say, they saw nothing but he told them .
You are just believing soemthing that can nver be proven.
Gnostic writing was banned.
I reeks of desperation to now use god with breasts and gnostic material as proof.

PaulVW wrote in answer:This is coming from someone who believes the koran came from God! There is no original koran so no one can say what you call the koran even came from some 7th century war lord. Even if it came from mohammad it is only the second hand word of a spirit that some woman told mohammad was Gabriel. The koran does not even agree with the Torah! What do you have to prove koran is anything but a fictional work used to control the arab people. The koran is used for mind control only.

end quote
Given the level of functional illiteracy shown here, we do not have to take anything serious this poster asks.

Location hidden

#163698 Feb 15, 2013
And to have that same reply on authomatic repeat makes however the point that religion is still salient business in the U.S.A.

Leading up to salience in the psychological definition if you ask me.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#163699 Feb 15, 2013
I am persuaded that the world would be a much kinder and gentler place to live if the Arabian warlord that "Muslims" adore had never been born.

Location hidden

#163700 Feb 15, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Makes no sense again, allah is not the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, but the alter ego of mohammad.
But neither is the christina trinity.
Staking a claim does not mean it fits the hebrew books.
Ask why so much effort has been done is hstory (be it as written in the hadith or in church and actual history) to kill any vestige of jewish thought and writing...even the very people.

Both christianity and islam are replacement religions,but with the main intent of creating worldly rule over all.
So both have verses that point in this direction of universality unlike the Torah.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#163701 Feb 15, 2013
MAAT wrote:
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is that you can not proof that.
Church-history was written long after any such facts were verifiable.
No extraneous sources and even the fgospel state: they heard him say, they saw nothing but he told them .
You are just believing soemthing that can nver be proven.
Gnostic writing was banned.
I reeks of desperation to now use god with breasts and gnostic material as proof.
PaulVW wrote in answer:This is coming from someone who believes the koran came from God! There is no original koran so no one can say what you call the koran even came from some 7th century war lord. Even if it came from mohammad it is only the second hand word of a spirit that some woman told mohammad was Gabriel. The koran does not even agree with the Torah! What do you have to prove koran is anything but a fictional work used to control the arab people. The koran is used for mind control only.
end quote
Given the level of functional illiteracy shown here, we do not have to take anything serious this poster asks.
Are you going to rip into me as well?

Mohammad was a murderer, "for Allah." Deal with it.

Location hidden

#163702 Feb 15, 2013
Buford wrote:
I am persuaded that the world would be a much kinder and gentler place to live if the Arabian warlord that "Muslims" adore had never been born.
Ditto for the church c.q. roman empire.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#163703 Feb 15, 2013
Hey MAAT,

Allah cursed the Jews. Didn't you get the memo?

Location hidden

#163704 Feb 15, 2013
uhuh wrote:
pff lol
Eh, good one.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#163705 Feb 15, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Ditto for the church c.q. roman empire.
Constantine did Christianity no favors, but at least Rome is no longer burning heretics at the stake. Modern Muslims prefer public beheadings. I mean, car bombs are so damned messy.

Location hidden

#163706 Feb 15, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Are you going to rip into me as well?
Mohammad was a murderer, "for Allah." Deal with it.
Are you the roman empire or the church.
I'm very democratic in my criticism.
Otherwise i would not have a thread dedicated to each.

And though this is for me the judaism forum, there is not much to analyse.(Discounting obvious misrepresentations that just need to be corrected) Occasionally and rarely a thread is started that cuts more wood.

Location hidden

#163707 Feb 15, 2013
But the point is that no law in torah states that you are not allowed to be critical, even verging on atheism. The more interpretations the better.

No girls get beheaded for poetry nor anyone burned at the stake.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) May 2 thetruth 14,656
Dreams Apr 28 ChannieB 1
Coincidence or some kind of sign? Apr 24 ChristySoy 1
No, Easter does NOT have pagan origins Apr '15 Skeptical 1
News Iowa woman to make history with nation's first ... Apr '15 cindy mccurry 1
Great News for Pagans (Feb '07) Mar '15 Gary Coaldigger 278
News In far-flung US territories, gay marriage hasn'... Mar '15 Belle Sexton 2
More from around the web