Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 202,138

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#163642 Feb 15, 2013
The Quran describes Allah as the best deceiver there is, a liar who is not above using the same evil and wicked schemes of his opponents.

For example, the Quran calls Allah a makr, in fact the best makr there is:

But they (the Jews) were deceptive, and Allah was deceptive, for Allah is the best of deceivers (Wamakaroo wamakara Allahu waAllahu khayru al-makireena)! S. 3:54; cf. 8:30

Other texts that identify Allah as a makr include:

Are they then secure from Allah's deception (makra Allahi)? None deemeth himself secure from Allah's deception (makra Allahi) save folk that perish. S. 7:99

So they schemed a scheme: and We schemed a scheme (Wamakaroo makran wamakarna makran), while they perceived not. S. 27:50

The word for deception/deceiver/scheme is makr. The lexical sources define the term as:

Miim-Kaf-Ra = To practice deceit or guile or circumvention, practice evasion or elusion, to plot, to exercise art or craft or cunning, act with policy, practice stratagem.

makara vb.(1)
perf. act. 3:54, 3:54, 7:123, 13:42, 14:46, 16:26, 16:45, 27:50, 40:45, 71:22
impf. act. 6:123, 6:123, 6:124, 8:30, 8:30, 8:30, 10:21, 12:102, 16:127, 27:70, 35:10
n.vb. 7:99, 7:99, 7:123, 10:21, 10:21, 12:31, 13:33, 13:42, 14:46, 14:46, 14:46, 27:50, 27:50, 27:51, 34:33, 35:10, 35:43, 35:43, 71:22
pcple. act. 3:54, 8:30

LL, V7, p: 256 (Source)

And:

He practised DECEIT, GUILE, or CIRCUMVENTION, desiring to do another a foul, an abominable, or an evil action, clandestinely or without his knowing whence it proceeded.(Lane’s Arabic-English Lexicon; source)

Lest Muslims accuse these lexicons of bias or distortion notice what Muslim scholar Dr. Mahmoud M. Ayoub says when he asks,

"how the word makr (scheming or plotting), which implies deceitfulness or dishonesty, could be attributed to God." (The Quran and Its Interpreters – The House of Imran [State University of New York Press [SUNY], Albany 1992], Volume II, p. 165; italic emphasis ours)

After listing several Muslim sources he quotes a renowned Muslim expositor named ar-Razi who wrote that,

"scheming (makr) is actually an act of deception aiming at causing evil. It is not possible to attribute deception to God. Thus the word is one of the muttashabihat [multivalent words of the Quran]." (Ibid., p. 166; italic emphasis ours)

Unfortunately for ar-Razi, the Quran attributes deception to Allah since it identifies him as the best makr there is.

Ayoub also sources one Muslim who actually boasted of Allah being the best conniver/deceiver/schemer etc.,

"Qurtubi observes that some scholars have considered the words ‘best of schemers’ to be one of God’s beautiful names. Thus one would pray,‘O Best of Schemers, scheme for me!’ Qurtubi also reports that the Prophet used to pray,‘O God, scheme for me, and do not scheme against me!’(Qurtubi, IV, pp. 98-99; cf. Zamakhshari, I, p. 366)." (Ibid., p. 166)

And here, also, is how one of the earliest sources on the life of Muhammad interpreted Q. 8:30:

Then he reminds the apostle of His favour towards him when the people plotted against him 'to kill him, or to wound him, or to drive him out; and they plotted and God plotted, and is the best of plotters.' i.e. I DECEIVED them with My firm GUILE so that I delivered you from them.(The Life of Muhammad: A Translation of Ibn Ishaq's Sirat Rasul Allah, with introduction and notes by Alfred Guillaume [Oxford University Press, Karachi, Tenth impression 1995], p. 323; capital emphasis ours)

Thus, the Quran unashamedly calls Muhammad’s god the best liar and deceiver of them all! It even dares to say that ALL deception belongs completely to Allah:

And verily, those before them did deceive/scheme (makara), but all deception/scheming is Allah's (falillahi al-makru). He knows what every person earns, and the disbelievers will know who gets the good end. S. 13:42
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#163644 Feb 15, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
You know allah was mohammad's alter ego. Now, when you read your koran remember this every time allah changes his mind to accommodate mohammad's lustful ways.
What are you on about dear ignorant person?
Just look at yourself:
- You continue to claim that a Jewish man is your god despite VEHEMENT protestations by that man to the contrary!
- You cling on to 81,78,73,66? books!
- Is One book not good enough?
- But when you can't defend the meaningless books, you say who needs books!!!

Allah is GOD!

BJ (or even Jesus) is NOT God.

Try worshipping REAL god instead of a failed naked Jewish man.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#163645 Feb 15, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Trust me, Paul. I have read the darkest history of Christianity and her unholy theology very well.
If not, then how could I point out so many absurdities of Christianity and her books?
The Bishops were silenced, when Constantine's soldiers held the spears pointed at the correct angle towards the Bishops and all submitted to the heresy and false belief that Jesus was God.
It is really hilarious to see you saying"Jesus Christ is God" and telling us he was the second person of the alleged Trinity. You believe in one God. Right? So, throw away the Father and the Ghost and just retain Jesus. Your problems will be solved. However, we will still laugh at it.
We have no problem, there is one God: the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. I can't help it if you can not wrap your brain around it; over 2 billion people have.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#163646 Feb 15, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
What has a bacon sandwich got to do with the Holy Spirit?
Did Jesus eat pork? Did his disciples eat pork? Did paul eat pork? Did james eat pork?
Since they did not eat, why do you eat that? You can't tell me that Jesus and all others mentioned above had double standards.
No, I don't think a Muslim, who did that, will go to hell. He or she can repent and God will forgive.
God is very forgiving.
The Apostles and disciples of Jesus could eat pork unless they elected not to. They would not have sinned in eating pork, for Jesus made all foods clean.

If a muslims eats a pork sandwich and dies before he repents; does he go to hell?
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#163648 Feb 15, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Done that already. The Father was Jesus' alter ego. I have begun to think that the biblical Jesus, all his disciples and Paul were suffering from some severe personality disorder and that falls under NPD.
You said: "Done that already." So, do you admit allah was mohammad's alter ego?

Can I read the original koran written on leaves, rocks and bones? I would like to see if your copy matches up to the original.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#163649 Feb 15, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
What has a bacon sandwich got to do with the Holy Spirit?
Did Jesus eat pork? Did his disciples eat pork? Did paul eat pork? Did james eat pork?
Since they did not eat, why do you eat that? You can't tell me that Jesus and all others mentioned above had double standards.
No, I don't think a Muslim, who did that, will go to hell. He or she can repent and God will forgive.
God is very forgiving.
If BJ ate bacon sandwich on Shabbat he would have gone straight to HELL without passing Go or collecting his Ł200!!!
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#163650 Feb 15, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Just look at yourself:
- You continue to claim that a Jewish man is your god despite VEHEMENT protestations by that man to the contrary!
Allah is GOD!
allah is not God, it is mohammad's alter ego and nothing more. Just read the koran for yourself.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#163651 Feb 15, 2013
Shamma wrote:
The Quran describes Allah as the best deceiver there is, a liar who is not above using the same evil and wicked schemes of his opponents.
For example, the Quran calls Allah a makr, in fact the best makr there is:
But they (the Jews) were deceptive, and Allah was deceptive, for Allah is the best of deceivers (Wamakaroo wamakara Allahu waAllahu khayru al-makireena)! S. 3:54; cf. 8:30
Lest Muslims accuse these lexicons of bias or distortion notice what Muslim scholar Dr. Mahmoud M. Ayoub says when he asks,
"how the word makr (scheming or plotting), which implies deceitfulness or dishonesty, could be attributed to God." (The Quran and Its Interpreters – The House of Imran [State University of New York Press [SUNY], Albany 1992], Volume II, p. 165; italic emphasis ours)
After listing several Muslim sources he quotes a renowned Muslim expositor named ar-Razi who wrote that,
"scheming (makr) is actually an act of deception aiming at causing evil. It is not possible to attribute deception to God. Thus the word is one of the muttashabihat [multivalent words of the Quran]." (Ibid., p. 166; italic emphasis ours)
Unfortunately for ar-Razi, the Quran attributes deception to Allah since it identifies him as the best makr there is.
Ayoub also sources one Muslim who actually boasted of Allah being the best conniver/deceiver/schemer etc.,
"Qurtubi observes that some scholars have considered the words ‘best of schemers’ to be one of God’s beautiful names. Thus one would pray,‘O Best of Schemers, scheme for me!’ Qurtubi also reports that the Prophet used to pray,‘O God, scheme for me, and do not scheme against me!’(Qurtubi, IV, pp. 98-99; cf. Zamakhshari, I, p. 366)." (Ibid., p. 166)
And here, also, is how one of the earliest sources on the life of Muhammad interpreted Q. 8:30:
Then he reminds the apostle of His favour towards him when the people plotted against him 'to kill him, or to wound him, or to drive him out; and they plotted and God plotted, and is the best of plotters.' i.e. I DECEIVED them with My firm GUILE so that I delivered you from them.(The Life of Muhammad: A Translation of Ibn Ishaq's Sirat Rasul Allah, with introduction and notes by Alfred Guillaume [Oxford University Press, Karachi, Tenth impression 1995], p. 323; capital emphasis ours)
Thus, the Quran unashamedly calls Muhammad’s god the best liar and deceiver of them all! It even dares to say that ALL deception belongs completely to Allah:
And verily, those before them did deceive/scheme (makara), but all deception/scheming is Allah's (falillahi al-makru). He knows what every person earns, and the disbelievers will know who gets the good end. S. 13:42
have you ever read the Quran?
Let me make you a genuine offer.
I will pay to fly you to London and return to your bible belt.
You can open a Quran and read in Arabic and also point to me where GOD-Allah happens to be a dodgy deceiver!
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#163652 Feb 15, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Allah the deciever in the Quran and hadiths.
http://www.answering-islam.org/Shamoun/allah_...
It is the Christian God, Father, who deceived Jesus and others. The Christian God is the obvious Deceiver and the best one at deceiving people.

How could the Father give false hope to the alleged Son by keeping him in the dark, deceiving him left and right and ended his great deception by abandoning the poor kid?

Sam Shamoun is another idiot, and and ignorant fool. He cannot see the balderdash and absurdity in his own Christian book and yet tries to write silly and absurd articles against Islam.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#163653 Feb 15, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Just look at yourself:
Allah is GOD!
How can Allah be God when the universe was vreated just for Muhammaf?
All these traits were confirmed in Muhammad. Apart from thinking he was theanointed messenger of God and the Seal of the Prophets,(Q.33:40) Muhammad regarded himself as Khayru-l-Khalq “Best of Creation,” an “excellent example,”(Q.33:21) and explicitly or implicitly hinted to be “exalted above other prophets in degrees.”(Q.2:253) He claimed to be “the preferred one,”(Q.17:55) to have been sent as a “Mercy to the worlds,”(Q.21:107) to have been risen “to a praised estate,”(Q.17:79) a station which he said none but he would receive and this is the Station of Intercession at the right hand of the Almighty next to his Glorious Throne. In other words, he would be the person who would advise God as to who should he sent to Hell and who should be admitted to Heaven. These are just some of Muhammad’s megalomaniac claims about his own lofty station, reported in the Qur’an.

The following two verses express vividly Muhammad’s sense of selfimportance and grandiosity.

Truly, Allâh and His angels send praise and blessings [forever] upon the Prophet. O you who believe! Praise and bless the Prophet with utmost laud and blessing.(Q.33:56)

In order that you (O men) may believe in Allâh and His Messenger, that you may assist and honor Him, and celebrate His praise morning and evening.(Q.48:9)

He was so impressed with himself, that he put the following words in the mouth of his sock puppet deity:

“And you (stand) on an exalted standard of character”(Q.68:4) and are “a lamp with spreading light.”(Q.33:46)

Ibn Sa’d reports Muhammad saying:

“Among all the people of the world God chose the Arabs. From among the Arabs he chose the Kinana. From Kinana he chose the Quraish (the tribe of Muhammad). From the Quraish he chose Bani Hashim (his clan). And from Bani Hashim he chose me.”[2]

The following are some of the claims Muhammad made about himself in the hadith.
•The very first thing that Allâh Almighty ever created was my soul.
•First of all things, the Lord created my mind.
•I am from Allâh, and the believers are from me.[3]
•Just as Allâh created me noble, he also gave me noble characters.
•Were it not for you,[O Muhammad] I would not have created the universe.[4]

Compare that to the words of Jesus, who when someone called him “good master,” he objected and said,“Why do you call me good? No one is good—except God alone.”[5] Only a pathological narcissist can be so cut off from reality to claim the universe was created because of him.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#163654 Feb 15, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
allah is not God, it is mohammad's alter ego and nothing more. Just read the koran for yourself.
Two can play this game.

Jesus is not God, it is St killer paul's alter (or altar!!) ego and nothing more. Just read the "hole filled" bible for yourself.

Now let's come back to earth...

Just look at yourself:

Allah is GOD!

Try worshipping REAL GOD instead of a failed naked Jewish man who came only for the Jews while calling Gentiles dogs and pigs!
bmz

Singapore

#163655 Feb 15, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
have you ever read the Quran?
Let me make you a genuine offer.
I will pay to fly you to London and return to your bible belt.
You can open a Quran and read in Arabic and also point to me where GOD-Allah happens to be a dodgy deceiver!
lol!

The problem is that these polemic Christian ignorant fools have neither read their own Bible nor have they read a simple translation of Qur'aan.

They cut and paste articles from the bloody ignorant fools like Pat Robertson, Robert Spencer, Silas, Sam Shamoun and other clueless fools.

Salaams
BMZ
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#163656 Feb 15, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Two can play this game.
Jesus is not God, it is St killer paul's alter (or altar!!) ego and nothing more. Just read the "hole filled" bible for yourself.
Now let's come back to earth...
Just look at yourself:
Allah is GOD!
Try worshipping REAL GOD instead of a failed naked Jewish man who came only for the Jews while calling Gentiles dogs and pigs!
allah is the alter ego of mohammad. If you don't believe me just read the koran.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#163657 Feb 15, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
lol!
The problem is that these polemic Christian ignorant fools have neither read their own Bible nor have they read a simple translation of Qur'aan.
They cut and paste articles from the bloody ignorant fools like Pat Robertson, Robert Spencer, Silas, Sam Shamoun and other clueless fools.
Salaams
BMZ
Can you give me a copy of the original koran written on leaves, stones and bones, so that I can compare it to your copy of the koran? I can't wait to get a copy of the original koran!
bmz

Singapore

#163658 Feb 15, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
All these traits were confirmed in Muhammad. Apart from thinking he was theanointed messenger of God and the Seal of the Prophets,(Q.33:40) Muhammad regarded himself as Khayru-l-Khalq “Best of Creation,” an “excellent example,”(Q.33:21) and explicitly or implicitly hinted to be “exalted above other prophets in degrees.”(Q.2:253) He claimed to be “the preferred one,”(Q.17:55) to have been sent as a “Mercy to the worlds,”(Q.21:107) to have been risen “to a praised estate,”(Q.17:79) a station which he said none but he would receive and this is the Station of Intercession at the right hand of the Almighty next to his Glorious Throne. In other words, he would be the person who would advise God as to who should he sent to Hell and who should be admitted to Heaven. These are just some of Muhammad’s megalomaniac claims about his own lofty station, reported in the Qur’an.
The following two verses express vividly Muhammad’s sense of selfimportance and grandiosity.
Truly, Allâh and His angels send praise and blessings [forever] upon the Prophet. O you who believe! Praise and bless the Prophet with utmost laud and blessing.(Q.33:56)
In order that you (O men) may believe in Allâh and His Messenger, that you may assist and honor Him, and celebrate His praise morning and evening.(Q.48:9)
He was so impressed with himself, that he put the following words in the mouth of his sock puppet deity:
“And you (stand) on an exalted standard of character”(Q.68:4) and are “a lamp with spreading light.”(Q.33:46)
“Among all the people of the world God chose the Arabs. From among the Arabs he chose the Kinana. From Kinana he chose the Quraish (the tribe of Muhammad). From the Quraish he chose Bani Hashim (his clan). And from Bani Hashim he chose me.”[2]
Compare that to the words of Jesus, who when someone called him “good master,” he objected and said,“Why do you call me good? No one is good—except God alone.”[5] Only a pathological narcissist can be so cut off from reality to claim the universe was created because of him.
Ibn Sa'ad;s reporting was similar to that of the Church fathers. Ibn Sa'ad is not considered a scholar of Islam.

There is nothing of that sort in Qur'aan.

The verses that taught Muslims to bless him and salute him, were to create respect for him and that is the reason all his followers obeyed him, followed him and stood by him. That was the reason for the success of his mission.

This is where Jesus flopped because he had received no respect from his own disciples and close followers.

Such code of conduct was not taught through or by Jesus and that is why no one stood up for him and all ran away, abandoning him.

Anyway, it is no use crying over the spilled milk.
bmz

Singapore

#163659 Feb 15, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you give me a copy of the original koran written on leaves, stones and bones, so that I can compare it to your copy of the koran? I can't wait to get a copy of the original koran!
The Arabs had paper. They called it Qartas. Nobody wrote on bones, shoulder blades, stones, etc.

You can get a copy of Qur'aan anywhere in the world and it be exactly same. Qur'aan has always been original.

Qur'aan is not like your New Testament gospels, where one says something and the other three say something else.
bmz

Singapore

#163660 Feb 15, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
allah is the alter ego of mohammad. If you don't believe me just read the koran.
No.

We do not have such an absurdity. The Father is the alter ego of Jesus and Satan is Paul's alter ego.
bmz

Singapore

#163661 Feb 15, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Is your wife writing for you, Septic?
bmz

Singapore

#163662 Feb 15, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like Shamma is your wife's name, Septic.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#163663 Feb 15, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
The Arabs had paper. They called it Qartas. Nobody wrote on bones, shoulder blades, stones, etc.
You can get a copy of Qur'aan anywhere in the world and it be exactly same. Qur'aan has always been original.
Qur'aan is not like your New Testament gospels, where one says something and the other three say something else.
The original koran was written on bones, stones, leaves, etc. I want to compare the original copy to your copy. Please post a link to the original text. You can take pictures of the text on bones, leaves, stones, etc and post a link to the pictures. Thank you very much in advance for your cooperation in this important matter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pagan caught performing naked ritual with teena... (Nov '12) Sep 8 Kathwynn 14
Bloomfield woman behind Ten Commandments monume... Sep 7 Kathwynn 2
Who exactly was Gjoub, and should I trust him? (Mar '09) Sep 1 Kathwynn 503
SHADOW PEOPLE... i need help (May '07) Aug 25 Only1Likeme212 347
Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe Aug 25 Ernie 117
Pagan community northern kentucky? (Nov '12) Aug 25 scorpion123 27
Reagan appointee sides with Wiccans: NM town mu... Aug 20 Kathwynn 5
•••

Pagan/Wiccan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE