Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 228389 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#163381 Feb 13, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well that was the problem, since only muhammed could speak modern english and modern arabic at that time. so no body else, understood what in the hell he was saying. so they wrote, whatever in the hell they wanted anyway.
lol!

Paul cannot understand his own scripture, so how can he understand this thePost of yours, Rabbee?

Please keep Paul away from your theTorah.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#163382 Feb 13, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Paul,
Have mercy on your own soul!
Paul, according to Shamma's post, wants everyone to suffer. Jesus does not.
Not only the Catholic Church is blind but you are also are really blind.
1 Pet. 3:13-17, Suffering for the sake of Christ
"And who is there to harm you if you prove zealous for what is good? 14 But even if you should suffer for the sake of righteousness, you are blessed. And do not fear their intimidation, and do not be troubled, 15 but sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence; 16 and keep a good conscience so that in the thing in which you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior in Christ may be put to shame. 17 For it is better, if God should will it so, that you suffer for doing what is right rather than for doing what is wrong."
1.Verse 14, You are blessed if you suffer for the sake of righteousness. A.Now, most of you would not equate the word "blessed" with suffering. i.The word here translated "blessed" (makarioi; cf. 4:14) and was used by Jesus in (Matt. 5:3-11). To be "blessed" in both contexts does not mean to "feel delighted" but to be "highly privileged."
ii.Christians are not to be afraid of what men can do to them (cf. Matt. 10:28). Rather, in context, Peter's exhortation to fear God rather than men.
B.One of the best ways to overcome the fear of persecution is to be persecuted. i.I remember out at the swap meet ministry I had a few years ago when this pair of huge Samoans approached. One of them threatened me because I spoke out against Mormonism -- they were Mormons. Neither liked what I had to say and one of them, who was as big as a barn, threatened to beat me up. I stood my ground (with heart pounding) and trusted God. Nothing happened. a.After it was over, I felt the peace and assurance of God.
C.The blessing is from God, not from man.
D.The fact that we live in this world that has so many unbelievers in it and has so much demonic activity in it is a guarantee that you will be persecuted; that is, if you are living for Christ. i.This is a demonstration of the righteousness of God when the world does not like His ways.
ii.Your reward in heaven will not be lost.
E.However, if you are never persecuted for your faith, perhaps you are not living it properly. This does not mean that if you are not persecuted you are not a good Christian. But, it does mean that the gospel offends people and you can suffer the consequences for it.
2.Verse 15, But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, A.The first command is to put Christ first in your heart. i.It is more important to love Jesus and follow Him your innermost being than it is to be able to give great answers to tough questions.
ii.This is because of the cross. Only because of the cross can we live for Jesus. We are redeemed by His blood and grace and it is He who empowers us to live for Him.
iii.Jesus said in Matt. 12:34, "Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks." - So, work on what is in your heart: attitude, focus, etc.
B.The second thing is to be ready to give an answer to everyone who asks... i.This is important for several reasons: a.It honors God
b.It strengthens your faith
c.It answers the questions of the unbeliever so they are without excuse.
C.But you need to know what you believe and why i.Have you studied your doctrines?
ii.Have you studied why you believe what you do?
iii.Are you ready to give answers to the unbelievers on why you oppose abortion, homosexuality, moral relativism, etc.?
bmz

Singapore

#163383 Feb 13, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Do you believe Muhammad's revelations came from the God of Israel?
Of course, he does.

The revelations did not come to the Prophet from the God of Christians, who revealed nothing to the biblical Jesus.

The Christian God is not the God of Israel. Please make a note of this.
bmz

Singapore

#163384 Feb 13, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
The Holy Bible was compiled by the Catholic Church who has its authority to speak for God through the Keys give her by Jesus to St Peter. King James was not authorized by God to translate the Holy Bible and he certainly did not put the Holy Bible together.
When did God give Salam the Persian the authority to mess with the text of the koran? The original koran had no pronunciation marks and many interpretations of the original texts could be made; there were several different version at one time. Now if you say people had memorized the original text and so the koran was interpreted from the memories of others. What assurance do you have from God these people’s memories were correct; after all, we know how poor memories are.
Paul,

Peter lost the key, when he ran away and abandoned Jesus. It was never found.
bmz

Singapore

#163385 Feb 13, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
"And who is there to harm you if you prove zealous for what is good? 14 But even if you should suffer for the sake of righteousness, you are blessed. And do not fear their intimidation, and do not be troubled, 15 but sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence; 16 and keep a good conscience so that in the thing in which you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior in Christ may be put to shame. 17 For it is better, if God should will it so, that you suffer for doing what is right rather than for doing what is wrong."
1.Verse 14, You are blessed if you suffer for the sake of righteousness. A.Now, most of you would not equate the word "blessed" with suffering. i.The word here translated "blessed" (makarioi; cf. 4:14) and was used by Jesus in (Matt. 5:3-11). To be "blessed" in both contexts does not mean to "feel delighted" but to be "highly privileged."
ii.Christians are not to be afraid of what men can do to them (cf. Matt. 10:28). Rather, in context, Peter's exhortation to fear God rather than men.
B.One of the best ways to overcome the fear of persecution is to be persecuted. i.I remember out at the swap meet ministry I had a few years ago when this pair of huge Samoans approached. One of them threatened me because I spoke out against Mormonism -- they were Mormons. Neither liked what I had to say and one of them, who was as big as a barn, threatened to beat me up. I stood my ground (with heart pounding) and trusted God. Nothing happened. a.After it was over, I felt the peace and assurance of God.
C.The blessing is from God, not from man.
D.The fact that we live in this world that has so many unbelievers in it and has so much demonic activity in it is a guarantee that you will be persecuted; that is, if you are living for Christ. i.This is a demonstration of the righteousness of God when the world does not like His ways.
ii.Your reward in heaven will not be lost.
E.However, if you are never persecuted for your faith, perhaps you are not living it properly. This does not mean that if you are not persecuted you are not a good Christian. But, it does mean that the gospel offends people and you can suffer the consequences for it.
2.Verse 15, But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, A.The first command is to put Christ first in your heart. i.It is more important to love Jesus and follow Him your innermost being than it is to be able to give great answers to tough questions.
ii.This is because of the cross. Only because of the cross can we live for Jesus. We are redeemed by His blood and grace and it is He who empowers us to live for Him.
iii.Jesus said in Matt. 12:34, "Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks." - So, work on what is in your heart: attitude, focus, etc.
B.The second thing is to be ready to give an answer to everyone who asks... i.This is important for several reasons: a.It honors God
b.It strengthens your faith
c.It answers the questions of the unbeliever so they are without excuse.
C.But you need to know what you believe and why i.Have you studied your doctrines?
ii.Have you studied why you believe what you do?
iii.Are you ready to give answers to the unbelievers on why you oppose abortion, homosexuality, moral relativism, etc.?
So?

Are you ready to give answers to us "the unbelievers" of your faith system, on the question that Jesus did not want people to suffer and Paul did?

Clueless fools do not know that Jesus wanted to lighten the burdens and there is paul, who wanted to load them on with more?

Location hidden

#163386 Feb 13, 2013
Continued:

D.For the most part, the only thing an unbeliever will see of God, is you. i.How do you represent Him?

3.Verses 16 -17, and keep a good conscience so that in the thing in which you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior in Christ may be put to shame. 17 For it is better, if God should will it so, that you suffer for doing what is right rather than for doing what is wrong. A.A believer's testimony should not be given in an arrogant manner but with gentleness and respect.
B.But, make sure the sin in your life is taken care of. Be reconciled to God and to one another in confession and harmony.
C.Is there a sin in your life that is keeping you from fellowship with God? Then confess it to Him and be forgiven.
D.Are you right before God?
E.Do you have a clean conscience before the Lord?
F.It is important to be right before God so that when you are slandered, the accusation will have no basis in truth. i.You might be wrongfully accused, but at least you know you are right before God and before men and can then make a true and easy defense.

G.But, sometimes we must suffer for what is right. i.Sometimes when you stand up for what is right, you can be unjustly accused.

Conclusion

You should be so centered on Jesus, so close to Him, so sure of Him, that when you are persecuted you have no fear.

You should overcome fear by putting Christ first in your life.

All this is so that you might be a proper and good witness to men. You are to give good reasons for your faith, but more importantly, you are to live the faith in your life by sanctifying Christ as Lord in your heart so that what is in your heart will come out in your words and deeds.

So that if God would will that you suffer, you can do it for His glory.
bmz

Singapore

#163387 Feb 13, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You ask? what is God?
The answer is- God is Spirit.

John 4:23-24
Jesus said, But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for such the Father seeks to worship him. 24 God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth."

So we know from the word of Jesus that God is Spirit.
I am glad that you took the cue from my post.

But, but, but, Jesus never said, "God is the Holy Spirit". Please keep this Holy Spirit of yours, far, far away from God Almighty. Thanks
bmz

Singapore

#163388 Feb 13, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Conclusion

You should be so centered on Jesus, so close to Him, so sure of Him, that when you are persecuted you have no fear.

You should overcome fear by putting Christ first in your life.

All this is so that you might be a proper and good witness to men. You are to give good reasons for your faith, but more importantly, you are to live the faith in your life by sanctifying Christ as Lord in your heart so that what is in your heart will come out in your words and deeds.

So that if God would will that you suffer, you can do it for His glory.
Is that the teaching Jesus gave? You can see men doing the talking.

And who was Jesus centred on?

Location hidden

#163389 Feb 13, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Been there, done that!
I have already told you that Catechism is a collection of Fatwas (opinions) by men, who did not know Jesus and did not understand his teachings. It is NOT scripture.
Is is clearly visible from your post you lack understanding.

You boast that God is One, but one what?
You live the life of Muhammad as though Muhammad is God.
Is Muhammad God?
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#163390 Feb 13, 2013
Suhayl Hadar wrote:
<quoted text>You are mixing politics with spirituality. Such seems to be a mistake made by many who try to hold a monopoly on religion to control others. The scripture informs us "that without faith, it is impossible to please God." That being so, I assume it is your faith that validates the catholic church over the protestant church, right? I say that, because you were not around to see Peter give anyone any set of keys to do anything. Once again, you are inserting politics into religion. The only reason Catholics had a problem with King James, is because he took power from the Catholic church, via translating the word of God from Latin into English. I Guess that is what the catholic church refers to as heracy ?
When Jesus returns, do you think he will approve of your huge megaplexes called churches, and would he approve of the huge money maker that the church has become ? Would he approve of your using of politics to minipulate God's people ? Was it not Jesus who whipped the money changers out of the temples? When did religion turn into big business ? There is no one true church, just one true God. Those who love God and submit to him, are his beloved. anything else is politics, and I'm disgusted with political teachers.
Jesus established the Catholic Church and it is only in the Catholic Church that we have continuity between today’s leaders and the Apostles; this continuity is called Apostolic Succession through the laying on of hands from the present bishops to the Apostles. By the laying on of hands the Holy Spirit imparts a special grace on the recipient; giving the recipient a greater share in the life of God through grace.

King James had no authority from God to translate the Holy Bible into English or any other language. As can be seen from the many denominations of Christians the Catholic Church was right in knowing people would misunderstand the Holy Bible by interpreting it with a carnal mind and not the mind of God.

The temples of Jerusalem were richly furnished because they were the house of God as are the Catholic Churches are now. Catholics give but a small portion of their wealth to build fitting places for the tabernacles of the Lord to reside throughout the world. Jesus is now present physically in every Catholic Church tabernacle throughout the world.

muslims have built a large monument to a few black stones and muslims spend billions of dollars traveling across the world to gaze upon them; for what?
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#163391 Feb 13, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Paul,
Have mercy on your own soul!
Paul, according to Shamma's post, wants everyone to suffer. Jesus does not.
Not only the Catholic Church is blind but you are also are really blind.
Jesus set the example and we make up in our flesh what was lacking in the suffering of Christ for His Body the Church.

Suffering comes to everyone, the just and the wicked, but the just can gain grace through their suffering by offering it up for the conversion of sinners. Why would Jesus support fasting if it had no spiritual value?
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#163392 Feb 13, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, he does.
The revelations did not come to the Prophet from the God of Christians, who revealed nothing to the biblical Jesus.
The Christian God is not the God of Israel. Please make a note of this.
Thus saith the LORD!

Location hidden

#163393 Feb 13, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I am glad that you took the cue from my post.
But, but, but, Jesus never said, "God is the Holy Spirit". Please keep this Holy Spirit of yours, far, far away from God Almighty. Thanks
"No one can say 'Jesus is Lord' except by the Holy Spirit."1 "God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying,'Abba! Father!"'2 This knowledge of faith is possible only in the Holy Spirit: to be in touch with Christ, we must first have been touched by the Holy Spirit. He comes to meet us and kindles faith in us. By virtue of our Baptism, the first sacrament of the faith, the Holy Spirit in the Church communicates to us, intimately and personally, the life that originates in the Father and is offered to us in the Son.

You worship an unknown pagan god BMZ.

God, the creator of the world revealed Himself to us through His Son Jesus Christ.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#163394 Feb 13, 2013
Mental Blockhead,

In case you don't get it, which is what I know to be true in any case, I am mocking you.

P.S. International readers, please make a note of this.

Location hidden

#163395 Feb 13, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that the teaching Jesus gave? You can see men doing the talking.
And who was Jesus centred on?
1. Yes!
2.The men talking are inspired by the Spirit of Jesus,
3. Jesus is centered on spiritually preparing His believers in Him to accept the trials in life for His sake, so that we can have life eternally in the family of God.
bmz

Singapore

#163396 Feb 13, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Is is clearly visible from your post you lack understanding.
You boast that God is One, but one what?
You live the life of Muhammad as though Muhammad is God.
Is Muhammad God?
I have never boasted that way. I boast this way:

There is one and only one God almighty, the LORD, whom we call Allah in Arabic.

That God is one, is Christianity's boast and it is used to show the absurd "Oneness" of God.

You should actually boast this way for your Christian God: "God is oneness"

We have told you that we worship only Allah, the LORD Almighty God. Muslims consider Moses, Jesus and Muhammad as obedient SLAVES of Allah, the LORD Almighty God.

Muhammad is not God, ignorant fool! Who told you that? Must be the Christian evangelists, another bunch of clueless fools!

We do not have any Man God, Mother God or Father God or Ghost God. We do not believe in that stuff.
bmz

Singapore

#163397 Feb 13, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Thus saith the LORD!
Thanks, Buford. I Am pleased.
bmz

Singapore

#163398 Feb 13, 2013
Buford wrote:
Mental Blockhead,
In case you don't get it, which is what I know to be true in any case, I am mocking you.

P.S. International readers, please make a note of this.
Oh, they know the mockers well. They have already noted. I am kept informed via PMs.

The silent majority of the international readers, is taking down notes. No worries.

Buford,

Are you reading Shamma's sham?
bmz

Singapore

#163399 Feb 13, 2013
Shamma wrote:
You worship an unknown pagan god BMZ.
God, the creator of the world revealed Himself to us through His Son Jesus Christ.
Muslims worship the LORD Almighty God of Abraham and the patriarchs.

So, who was that God, who revealed himself to Noah, Abraham, Jacob and Moses?

Please don't tell me it was your triune God!
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#163400 Feb 13, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Muslims worship the LORD Almighty God of Abraham and the patriarchs.
So, who was that God, who revealed himself to Noah, Abraham, Jacob and Moses?
Please don't tell me it was your triune God!
The one true God is the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob. He is the Creator of all things visible and invisible. Why do you skip Isaac? You cannot get to Jacob without Isaac! Isaac is the child of the promise.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 2 hr ChristineW 14,660
News Si Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty' Star, Says Atheist... 11 hr thetruth 42
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) Jul 24 skylar 108
Shadows and sounds Jul 23 Dizy 1
News Looking for a Pagan community in Kentucky? (Mar '12) Jul 4 Pam 11
News What is Asatru? (Dec '10) Jul 3 ex pagan 2
News Sorry Witches, You Won't Be Able to Buy Spells ... Jun '15 Drake_Burrwood 1
More from around the web